Weak Venus

I am trying to make sense of the Venus in my birth chart. It is in Taurus, which should be a strong position, but it is not strong for me. I have yet to read anything about Venus in Taurus (12th house) that is anything like me.

So what weakens a planet that should otherwise be strong? I have two potential culprits:
- opposite aspect to Scorpio Moon - oppositions tend to make one or the other planet have trouble being expressed, right?
- conjunct to Aries sun/mercury/mars group (right on the other side of the cusp) - can a planet be overshadowed by a nearby powerful group? Venus isn't really part of the conjunction because it's not in the same sign, so maybe it just doesn't get expressed?

Kite

I am trying to make sense of the Venus in my birth chart. It is in Taurus, which should be a strong position, but it is not strong for me. I have yet to read anything about Venus in Taurus (12th house) that is anything like me.

So what weakens a planet that should otherwise be strong? I have two potential culprits:
- opposite aspect to Scorpio Moon - oppositions tend to make one or the other planet have trouble being expressed, right?
- conjunct to Aries sun/mercury/mars group (right on the other side of the cusp) - can a planet be overshadowed by a nearby powerful group? Venus isn't really part of the conjunction because it's not in the same sign, so maybe it just doesn't get expressed?

I looked at your chart from a post you made some time back. Venus is the lesser benefic in a day chart which is what you have, it's also in a cadent house (12) which weakens it. Saturn is also in Taurus and opposes Mars which can be stressful. Saturn does not receive Mars because it is in detriment in Taurus. Mars does not receive Saturn either so this opposition puts your 6th and 12th house in focus -- perhaps health issues which may overshadow Venus also in 12. Venus is also aspecting Mars in Scorpio by sign and Venus does not receive Scorpio because that puts Venus in detriment as well. So Venus is not well aspected nor is it in a good place thus taking away from it's domicile position.

I looked at your chart from a post you made some time back. Venus is the lesser benefic in a day chart which is what you have, it's also in a cadent house (12) which weakens it. Saturn is also in Taurus and opposes Mars which can be stressful. Saturn does not receive Mars because it is in detriment in Taurus. Mars does not receive Saturn either so this opposition puts your 6th and 12th house in focus -- perhaps health issues which may overshadow Venus also in 12. Venus is also aspecting Mars in Scorpio by sign and Venus does not receive Scorpio because that puts Venus in detriment as well. So Venus is not well aspected nor is it in a good place thus taking away from it's domicile position.

I'm not sure what chart you are looking at, but my Mars is in Aries (12th), Saturn in Libra (5th)

I'm trying to attach the chart here.

Attachments

• chartimage.png
    chartimage.png
    149.5 KB · Views: 35

Kite

Yes the main issues are its 12 house placement which weakens it quite a bit but the main culprit is that Venus is Combust the Sun as it is only 3 degrees away. Without knowing your birthplace, I can't create the chart in my software to see its speed and whether it comes out of the Suns rays within 10 days or not which is how it can be further evaluated. But you're right in that Venus is "burnt up" or disappears so it can't easily be seen due to the power of the Sun. Venus rules your 12 house as well as your 5th house of romance so the weakening effect is there as well.

There is potentially a compensation for these placements as you are consciously aware of the challenges and work "to be seen" in this area of your life. Your Saturn Jupiter conjunction in the 5th house in Libra can also assist as Saturn is exalted in Libra and Jupiter rules your 7th house of marriage/intimate partnership.

Yes the main issues are its 12 house placement which weakens it quite a bit but the main culprit is that Venus is Combust the Sun as it is only 3 degrees away. Without knowing your birthplace, I can't create the chart in my software to see its speed and whether it comes out of the Suns rays within 10 days or not which is how it can be further evaluated. But you're right in that Venus is "burnt up" or disappears so it can't easily be seen due to the power of the Sun. Venus rules your 12 house as well as your 5th house of romance so the weakening effect is there as well.

There is potentially a compensation for these placements as you are consciously aware of the challenges and work "to be seen" in this area of your life. Your Saturn Jupiter conjunction in the 5th house in Libra can also assist as Saturn is exalted in Libra and Jupiter rules your 7th house of marriage/intimate partnership.

Thanks for the insight! I think I have worked on expressing these things but I’m honestly terrible at it. I guess I should put more focus on that. It’s horrifically uncomfortable, but probably good for me.