Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Modern Astrology

Modern Astrology For discussions on Modern Astrology only. (Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists. Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, and non-Ptolemaic aspects. The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.)

Unread 08-03-2020, 06:13 AM

Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
Truth is universal, and if people are deceived that God revealed himself to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and later to 600000 Israelite men besides women and children, they should have nothing to do with their faith
People decide to choose their faith and/or are coerced into it. Religions are institutions, like governments are institutions. The sacred book of the USA, for example is it's own code of law, and its people are unified by it.

Quote:
because it doesn't come from the Most High God who is the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ who appeared to them in the name of the Father and battled for them as a man of war, and is the divine mediator of all truth and wisdom in the world.
Do you know that before Jesus, there was Plato who explained the relation between the Ethos (authority/chairmen/father), Logos (code/media(tor)/christ), and Pathos (emotion/people/holy ghost).
This is simply a logical programming system.

Quote:
But if academics in the social sciences are deceived and they are teaching the public lies that the Israelites were originally pagans, and only later left idolatry to form a human derived religion to explain their punishment, contrary to what the Bible teaches, then woe to them, butchers operating on human hearts and minds, leading people astray from God.
Pagan is a loaded word, implying an antithesis to a belief system. I hope you realize the nature of war in the middle east, as in anywhere in the world, is not based around religion, but systematic control of resources and warfare.

Quote:
I believe that the prophet Moses filled with the Holy Spirit originally wrote the Torah, not five different authors who made lies about God. He lived almost a millennium before most Israelites of Judah were sent into exile. And many of the commandments in the Torah are given specifically against the practices of the nations in the land they come to possess, and the people were given freedom to choose blessings and life or curses and death that were set before them.
Nothing ever written is a lie, unless it's deliberate slander. The stoning laws of the Torah, and its health prevention laws, and its laws on censuring neighboring cultures, and its oaths weren't anything new then, and they're not stranger to present times either.

Quote:
It is very easy for you to see things in this way, but is there enough evidence against the written and oral witness of a continuous faithful remnant of the Jewish nation?
Just like any other religion that exists; their following isn't proof of its validity outside in of itself.

Quote:
The Bible forbids even the slightest thought of syncretism.
That is understandable because their government was a jealous one, meaning it would censor anything outside of its own territory. Just like communism.

Quote:
I replied to your comment discussing religion in an astrology forum.
No, I just mentioned how a planet relates to a certain ancient deity. Not talking about religion.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alimal For This Useful Post:
david starling (08-03-2020), Opal (08-04-2020)
Unread 08-03-2020, 06:28 AM

Smile Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Very well thought out and written.

I've never seen that connection mentioned regarding Ethos, Logos, and Pathos and the Trinity.

There's also a fearsome Enemy that Believers must band together against for their own protection.

Any thoughts on the connection between Kronos/Saturn in the ancient Greco-Roman pantheon, and Christianity's version of Satan?

Last edited by david starling; 08-03-2020 at 06:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Alimal (08-03-2020)
Unread 08-03-2020, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Any thoughts on the connection between Kronos/Saturn in the ancient Greco-Roman pantheon, and Christianity's version of Satan?
Was just reading this on a site; you may find it interesting:
Quote:
In Ancient Egyptian mythology, the god named Osiris is the SO BELOW (earth) representative of the AS ABOVE king of all the planets,*Jupiter. The great Greek historian*Herodotus confirms this fact, Osiris and Jupiter are one in the same. Osiris is not a real person, but a man-made title for the planet Jupiter who the Ancients had worshiped.

The god Osiris on earth through mythology represents the planet Jupiter in the heavens. Osiris is he who is permanently benign and youthful, the creator god, the lord of love, the lord of silence, god of the afterlife, the underworld and the dead. In Greek Mythology, they had assigned Jupiter to their god Zeus who they had also called the “Morning Star and Light Bringer.” Allegorical names that all represent the same planet.

Osiris is also the father of the god of truth and light,*Horus.*In Egyptian mythology, we find Osiris as the Creator, his son Horus the Preserver, and his brother Typhon the Destroyer. The name Typhon is assigned to Osiris’s brother whose name is*Set (Set, Seth, Shaitan, or Molech), which*is where we get the modern word for who Westerners call “Satan or the Devil.” Set is the SO BELOW of the planet on the AS ABOVE called Saturn. Hence, the gods Set, Satan, the Devil and Saturn are all one and the same. Just like Osiris of the Egyptians, Zeus of the Greeks, Yahweh of the Israelites, and Jove to the Romans are all just different allegorical names from different ancient cultures,*which all represent the very same*one planet we know of today as Jupiter.

Since most ancient times in mythology, these two planets have always fought with one another. It is in*Ancient Egyptian mythology*where we find Set kills his brother Osiris. Hence, darkness and chaos (Set who is Saturn) kills the light and order (Osiris who is Jupiter). These same planetary and earthly battles were carried on by the Greeks, with Jupiter being assigned to Zeus who battles his brother*Cronus, and* also banished his own son Prometheus to an island to have his liver fed on by eagles for teaching mortals the secret arts and teachings.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alimal For This Useful Post:
david starling (08-03-2020), Opal (08-04-2020)
Unread 08-03-2020, 06:51 AM

I'm partial to the word "archetype" when it comes to comparative religions. Of course, if it's an ancient religion (unless it's Abrahamic), it's usually referred to as "comparative mythology".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Alimal (08-03-2020), Opal (08-04-2020)
Unread 08-03-2020, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alimal View Post
Was just reading this on a site; you may find it interesting:
Since it's the Mod forum, I can mention that the Greco-Roman god Pluto is the Hellenistic version of Osirus. Amen-Ra was the ancient Egyptian version of Zeus/Jupiter, as far as the ancient Greco-Romans were concerned. They also equated the One God of the Hebrew religion with Zeus/Jupiter.

Last edited by david starling; 08-03-2020 at 07:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Alimal (08-03-2020)
Unread 08-03-2020, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Do you know that before Jesus, there was Plato who explained the relation between the Ethos (authority/chairmen/father), Logos (code/media(tor)/christ), and Pathos (emotion/people/holy ghost).
This is simply a logical programming system.
I don't see the relation and analogy. Platonists strikingly did teach that the world was created through an intermediary Word, but Moses and Solomon wrote that before them.

Quote:
Pagan is a loaded word, implying an antithesis to a belief system. I hope you realize the nature of war in the middle east, as in anywhere in the world, is not based around religion, but systematic control of resources and warfare.
Jerusalem doesn't have oil as far as I am aware. Now if you say that someone uses ''religion'' to secure resources, then there is no way to ever disprove your evolutionary idea that war is always based on resources.

Quote:
The stoning laws of the Torah, and its health prevention laws, and its laws on censuring neighboring cultures, and its oaths weren't anything new then, and they're not stranger to present times either.
Of course they aren't.

Quote:
Imagine if instead of every nation having a story about a global flood and knowledge of the commandments, decrees and instructions in the Torah, no one had. That would be problematic since the Bible itself borrows from a common source i.e. reality, though the Hebrew scriptures alone preserve the history and law uncorrupted. And furthermore we know that Noah and Abraham kept many commandments written later and Abraham later all of them. How could they do this before Moses?
Quote:
So if there are sources in Egypt that have many of the same commandments in the Torah before Moses, that could be due to teachings and books of Abraham, or Noah or other righteous men obeying God. All men are created in the image of God, so no one is astonished at the decree about murder or adultery or theft and so on.
Quote:
Just like any other religion that exists; their following isn't proof of its validity outside in of itself.
I don't know any other ancient nation that makes a similar religious claim about itself.

Quote:
That is understandable because their government was a jealous one, meaning it would censor anything outside of its own territory. Just like communism.
I am not aware of censorship commandments and the relation with a 19th century atheistic ideological system.

Quote:
No, I just mentioned how a planet relates to a certain ancient deity. Not talking about religion.
Fine, then I am also not talking about religion, I am just mentioning how my deity is unrelated to your deity.
Unread 08-03-2020, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Yes, just like Astrology has archetypes as the planetary rulers of signs. However, some people branch out from the commonly accepted notions of these archetypes, towards ancient mythology, to attempt to better understand their relationship and traits.
I'm based mainly on Greco-Roman, but Inanna/Ishtar from ancient Sumeria is important to understanding Aphrodite/Venus, just as Osirus is vital to understanding Pluto.

Akhnaton did change things for the Egyptian religion, even though his particular sect didn't last long. He moved away from Osirian hegemony, and ended the connection between Horus and Osirus. The Aton was about Horus as the Solar-god of the Horizon, which links directly to the Ascendant, and to the Greco-Roman Solar-god Apollo, son of Zeus/Jupiter. The word "horizon" is derived from "Horus". The word "Horoscope" means "Horus the watcher". Since the word "hour" is also derived from "Horus", "Horoscope" in astrology involves the Ascendant , as "Watcher of the Hour".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Alimal (08-03-2020), Opal (08-04-2020)
Unread 08-04-2020, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Trad forum hasn't had much action either, since Peto went all Jesus on us, and Oddity retired from the field.
Oh come on... Horary has a fair bit of action actually. Except of course it has quite a cocktail of well everything you can associate with Astrology even remotely, so I guess it is not all that trad. anymore. Sort of corrupted a bit
Be very wary of those that put down or ridicule another's way of worship because the former serves only their own ego thereby expressing that their God and their practice is the only true and right one. Such practice is completely synthetic and organised with just one mission- convert and increase the numbers of their own organised religion or cult. It reflects the intolerance, megalomania and fascism of such cultism- a pure antithesis to spirituality and morality.
Unread 08-04-2020, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Oh come on... Horary has a fair bit of action actually. Except of course it has quite a cocktail of well everything you can associate with Astrology even remotely, so I guess it is not all that trad. anymore. Sort of corrupted a bit
Horary can only enter the Trad forum in this Community if it leaves the Outermosts and the asteroids at the door.
Unread 08-04-2020, 02:26 AM

Quote:
The word "Horoscope" means "Horus the watcher". Since the word "hour" is also derived from "Horus", "Horoscope" in astrology involves the Ascendant , as "Watcher of the Hour".
Source? Sounds made up.

''from Greek hōra a word used to indicate any limited time within a year, month, or day, from PIE *yor-a-, from root *yer- "year, season"'' - https://www.etymonline.com/word/hour

The ancients would also divide the day or night into watches, which are of different length from hours, which became popular during the Roman Empire. The NT uses both.

The word Horoscope definitely comes from Greek (Horoskopos) and means Hour-Marker. This is the word for the Ascendant and is not used for a chart in Hellenistic astrology.

Last edited by petosiris; 08-04-2020 at 02:34 AM.
Unread 08-04-2020, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Source? Sounds made up.

''from Greek hōra a word used to indicate any limited time within a year, month, or day, from PIE *yor-a-, from root *yer- "year, season"'' - https://www.etymonline.com/word/hour

The ancients would also divide the day or night into watches, which are of different length from hours, which became popular during the Roman Empire. The NT uses both.

The word Horoscope definitely comes from Greek (Horoskopos) and means Hour-Marker. This is the word for the Ascendant and is not used for a chart in Hellenistic astrology.
You're unaware of "the Eye of Horus"?
Unread 08-04-2020, 02:42 AM

Quote:
You're unaware of "the Eye of Horus"?
Unaware of what?
Unread 08-04-2020, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Unaware of what?
It's on the U.S. $1 bill atop the pyramid.
Unread 08-04-2020, 02:59 AM

Quote:
It's on the U.S. $1 bill atop the pyramid.
That is allegedly the ''eye of providence''. I don't get what it has to do with my question for a source.
Unread 08-04-2020, 03:21 AM

Quote:
That is allegedly the ''eye of providence''. I don't get what it has to do with my question for a source.
Same answer everywhere I look.
Unread 08-04-2020, 03:26 AM

According to your research, when was the Ascendant first used in an astrology Chart?
Unread 08-04-2020, 04:25 AM

Quote:
According to your research, when was the Ascendant first used in an astrology Chart?
The rising constellation or decan was probably used before the rising degree by some Babylonian (like Berossus) after God's Messiah Cyrus made their empire desolate forever, or by some Egyptian after the time of Necho (who killed Josiah in 480 BC) or during the Ptolemaic Kingdom. Hypsicles wrote a treatise ''Ascension'' which made it easy to calculate the ascendant with rising times, but the Babylonians could do that centuries before him. The astrologers ascribed such a table of rising times to Nechepso, that is Necho. By the time of Cicero, it was widespread in the Roman Empire. Of course morning risings and astrological phenomena pertaining to the east were noted for a millenium before.

Last edited by petosiris; 08-04-2020 at 04:27 AM.
Unread 08-04-2020, 05:06 AM

Quote:
How long has the cross been a symbol? The ac/dc mc/ic
Unread 08-04-2020, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
How long has the cross been a symbol? The ac/dc mc/ic
There were circular charts in Hellenistic astrology, but square charts that used only twelve signs were more common (most surviving horoscopes from that time only give the signs of the planets and ascendant without degrees). Like this one.

Unread 08-04-2020, 05:45 AM

Quote:
There were circular charts in Hellenistic astrology, but square charts that used only twelve signs were more common (most surviving horoscopes from that time only give the signs of the planets and ascendant without degrees). Like this one.

I am aware of the rectangular charts.

The cross is also supposed to be a representation of the four evangelists. Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius. The four horsemen.

The simplistic cross ancient.

Thinking outside of the box.

Circle and cross.
Unread 08-04-2020, 05:53 AM

Quote:

The cross is also supposed to be a representation of the four evangelists. Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius. The four horsemen.

Circle and cross.
I'm still not down with the 4 Horsemen regarding the Fixed-signs. The tropical Age of Sagittarius, a Mutable-sign, and the true Sign of the Horseman, is when the Book of Revelations was conceived.
Unread 08-04-2020, 05:56 AM

Quote:

Circle and cross.
Supposed where?

Four evangelists quite different from four horsemen.

Sola Scriptura.

The crucifixion cross def. =/= x
Unread 08-04-2020, 05:56 AM

Quote:
I'm still not down with the 4 Horsemen regarding the Fixed-signs. The tropical Age of Sagittarius, a Mutable-sign, and the true Sign of the Horseman, is when the Book of Revelations was conceived.
I will try to find what convinced me again. I lost it. Not sure what I was reading. Sometimes I canít locate the book. Argh.
Unread 08-04-2020, 05:58 AM

[QUOTE=petosiris;1059286]Supposed where?

Four evangelists quite different from four horsemen.

Sola Scriptura.

The crucifixion cross def. =/= x[

As I told David, I will search for my source.
Unread 08-04-2020, 06:03 AM

https://jenniaelaine.wordpress.com/t...on-of-equinox/

The horsemen, and their placements.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetramorph

The evangelists placements.

They are one and the same.

But that Iíd not what I am looking for. I will find it.

Last edited by Opal; 08-04-2020 at 06:13 AM.

Tags
aquarius, proof, ruled, saturn, uranus