Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Modern Astrology

Modern Astrology For discussions on Modern Astrology only. (Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists. Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, and non-Ptolemaic aspects. The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.)

Unread 08-02-2020, 06:07 PM

Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Some of the names you gave are certainly not names of God in the Hebrew Scriptures, they are theophoric names of altars, cities and his anointed. ''The Lord My Banner'', ''The Lord Is There'' and ''The Lord Will Provide'' are names of places, not names of God. They include the name of God. Read and study the Bible for yourself and do not trust what other people tell you, even if they call themselves doctors of philosophy or mystics or whatever. You should not trust butchers to operate on your heart and mind, but the Lord our Healer alone.

The God of Israel had nothing to do with the gods of the Caananites, and in the Torah and the Prophets he is warning his people again and again not to worship the gods of other wicked nations in the land, who they were commanded to utterly destroy if they did not submit or flee. At every page it is absolutely incompatible with the academic myth of derived worship of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. It is exactly the opposite - the Israelites fell into apostasy and worship of other gods, because they did not obey the commandments of God given to the whole nation, for which they eventually received the punishment of exile.

Last edited by petosiris; 08-02-2020 at 06:40 PM.
Unread 08-02-2020, 06:07 PM

Smile Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
In ancient cosmology, air is moist and moderately hot, but Jupiter is hot and moderately moist. That means his element isn't fiery or airy alone, but a temperate admixture of them. It is a mistake to relate him to one element in particular, just as it is a mistake to relate Saturn to earth or water alone. I can easily prove this from the ancient texts.
Saturn's too Earth-bound to properly rule Aquarius. The prefix "Uran" (Latinized Greek for "Ouran") means "of the Heavens", meaning above Earthly concerns alone.
Unread 08-02-2020, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Saturn's too Earth-bound to properly rule Aquarius. The prefix "Uran" (Latinized Greek for "Ouran") means "of the Heavens", meaning above Earthly concerns alone.
Aquarius is a watery sign, not only can you see this by the constellation (and the surrounding wintry ones), but also in ancient cosmology and physics that has water, the element of winter, as primarily cold, and secondarily moist. Everything else is a modern reinterpretation.
Unread 08-02-2020, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Aquarius is a watery sign, not only can you see this by the constellation (and the surrounding wintry ones), but also in ancient cosmology and physics that has water, the element of winter, as primarily cold, and secondarily moist. Everything else is a modern reinterpretation.
The Earth's atmosphere contains water, and pours down water as rain, but is of the Air-Element--hence Aquarius as carrying water and pouring it out.

Saturn's perspective is materialistic, and can't encompass the Heavens that transcend the Earth's atmosphere, and our mortal existence.

Last edited by david starling; 08-02-2020 at 06:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Thirdteenth (08-02-2020)
Unread 08-02-2020, 06:47 PM

Quote:
The Earth's atmosphere contains water, and pours down water as rain, but is of the Air-Element.
The Creator placed the sand as the boundary for the sea, a perpetual barrier that it cannot pass; though the waves toss, they cannot prevail, though they roar, they cannot pass over it. By your logic the seas are of the Earth-Element.
Unread 08-02-2020, 06:49 PM

The planet beyond Saturn is star-like, and yet can be seen moving among the stars.
Unread 08-02-2020, 06:51 PM

Quote:
The Creator placed the sand as the boundary for the sea, a perpetual barrier that it cannot pass; though the waves toss, they cannot prevail, though they roar, they cannot pass over it. By your logic the seas are of the Earth-Element.
Saturn's about the Earthly boundaries and limitations of the Sea. It rules Capricorn, the Sea-goat.
Unread 08-02-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Some of the names you gave are certainly not names of God in the Hebrew Scriptures, they are theophoric names of altars, cities and his anointed. ''The Lord My Banner'', ''The Lord Is There'' and ''The Lord Will Provide'' are names of places, not names of God. They include the name of God. Read and study the Bible for yourself and do not trust what other people tell you, even if they call themselves doctors of philosophy or mystics or whatever. You should not trust butchers to operate on your heart and mind, but the Lord our Healer alone.

The God of Israel had nothing to do with the gods of the Caananites, and in the Torah and the Prophets he is warning his people again and again not to worship the gods of other wicked nations in the land, who they were commanded to utterly destroy if they did not submit or flee. At every page it is absolutely incompatible with the academic myth of derived worship of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. It is exactly the opposite - the Israelites fell into apostasy and worship of other gods, because they did not obey the commandments of God given to the whole nation, for which they eventually received the punishment of exile.

I apologize for failing to mention that I have and do read the Bible ( specifically the KJV but I am open to scanning occasionally through different versions of it ). Now, that word Theophoric means to “derive from” or “to bear the name of God”. In that definition, for these “names” to be Theophoric then they would need to have God’s name within them. The word God is a title itself. It is not an actual name. The additional “names” I have shown are titles also, as I had said before. Before the actual name had been revealed to Moses on that mountain (Exodus 3:14) (It has been translated from the paleo Hebrew, to Greek, transition to Latin then English. If you would want to go searching for the name then go behind the meaning of what was revealed in that verse. A small expedition for you to have), God was just referred to through titles solely. I am aware that the Hebrew God has no association with the land of Cannon, nor to the population but God have been given titles throughout the ages. Secondly, the Israelites has had multiple incidents of going against the word of God and then being punished for it and then being redeem by God again for recompense of their sins. That is no fresh finding, it is a repetitive occurance. In the scriptures I have read that the God of Israel would never abandon his people though because he had made a covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob then that covenant was inherited to his bloodline (the Israelites).

Now as far as teachings goes and listening to interpretation from people well-versed in scripture, the prophets had to be taught and instructed on the parables of the Messiah also before they could go to teach. The sky didn’t just crack open and God had reign a light upon every prophet’s head saying “I have chosen you”. They needed to be taught those mysteries and when they were able to understand them, they went to go spread the word. I must add, I will not just go to anyone who claims to be the “holder of truth”. I go from person to person and filter the information to see if it is truth.

I do have a question if you do not mind that I ask of you but do you read the Bible or do you have the Torah (which derives from Islamic religion) mistaken for a Bible or do you read them both? If this question isn’t too intrusive.

Unread 08-02-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdteenth View Post
I apologize for failing to mention that I have and do read the Bible ( specifically the KJV but I am open to scanning occasionally through different versions of it ). Now, that word Theophoric means to “derive from” or “to bear the name of God”. In that definition, for these “names” to be Theophoric then they would need to have God’s name within them. The word God is a title itself. It is not an actual name. The additional “names” I have shown are titles also, as I had said before. Before the actual name had been revealed to Moses on that mountain (Exodus 3:14) (It has been translated from the paleo Hebrew, to Greek, transition to Latin then English. If you would want to go searching for the name then go behind the meaning of what was revealed in that verse. A small expedition for you to have), God was just referred to through titles solely. I am aware that the Hebrew God has no association with the land of Cannon, nor to the population but God have been given titles throughout the ages. Secondly, the Israelites has had multiple incidents of going against the word of God and then being punished for it and then being redeem by God again for recompense of their sins. That is no fresh finding, it is a repetitive occurance. In the scriptures I have read that the God of Israel would never abandon his people though because he had made a covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob then that covenant was inherited to his bloodline (the Israelites).

Now as far as teachings goes and listening to interpretation from people well-versed in scripture, the prophets had to be taught and instructed on the parables of the Messiah also before they could go to teach. The sky didn’t just crack open and God had reign a light upon every prophet’s head saying “I have chosen you”. They needed to be taught those mysteries and when they were able to understand them, they went to go spread the word. I must add, I will not just go to anyone who claims to be the “holder of truth”. I go from person to person and filter the information to see if it is truth.

I do have a question if you do not mind that I ask of you but do you read the Bible or do you have the Torah (which derives from Islamic religion) mistaken for a Bible or do you read them both? If this question isn’t too intrusive.
The Torah predates the teachings of Islam, doesn't it?
Unread 08-02-2020, 07:20 PM

The word theophoric is not in the Bible, but the principle of people and places bearing the name of God is very common. Good to hear that you read the Bible, the KJV is a decent translation, but one that contains mistakes as every other translation.

I believe what the Karaite Jew Nehemia Gordon teaches on the pronunciation and meaning of the Name as did the translators of the KJV, but I don't consider this question of first importance. I also believe that the covenant with Israel is perpetual as it is written.

Your question isn't intrusive at all, I read and study the Bible, but I do not know what you mean by the Torah mistaken for a Bible since every Bible translation contains the five books of Moses. The false prophet of Islam claimed that this Law, along with books of the Prophets, the Psalms and the Gospels have been corrupted, which is a blasphemous and an evidently false claim with no evidence.

Quote:
The Bible contains many things said about future false prophets, false teachings and coming wars and tribulations, especially in the Middle East.

Last edited by petosiris; 08-02-2020 at 07:33 PM.
Unread 08-02-2020, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Hello! I, myself had not dwell into Islamic religious background origins nor the Torah. I had to go to the google search engine for this inquire Here are sources that I have found that I hope could have answered your question and It had taught myself something as well. I thank you for asking

Quote:
Although its roots go back further, scholars typically date the creation of Islam to the 7th century, making it the youngest of the major world religions. Islam started in Mecca, in modern-day Saudi Arabia, during the time of the prophet Muhammad's life. https://www.history.com/topics/religion/islam
Quote:
Rabbinic writings state that the Oral Torah was given to Moses at Mount Sinai, which, according to the tradition of Orthodox Judaism, occurred in 1312 BCE. The Orthodox rabbinic tradition holds that the Written Torah was recorded during the following forty years,[53] https://www.aish.com/jl/h/48944541.html?mobile=yes

Unread 08-02-2020, 07:42 PM

By Torah, I assume everyone means the five books of Moses, except for the ancient Pharisees and their successors in Rabbinic Judaism. The Lord and the apostles themselves referred to the Law of Moses in opposition to another Law of Moses with commandments not written there - Acts 15:5. The prophet of Islam stole many ideas from this Oral Law to form his religion. It is well known that many parts of the hadith literature were appropriated from the Talmud, Midrash and Christian apocrypha.

Last edited by petosiris; 08-02-2020 at 07:47 PM.
Unread 08-02-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:
The word theophoric is not in the Bible, but the principle of people and places bearing the name of God is very common. Good to hear that you read the Bible, the KJV is a decent translation, but one that contains mistakes as every other translation.

I believe what the Karaite Jew Nehemia Gordon teaches on the pronunciation and meaning of the Name as did the translators of the KJV, but I don't consider this question of first importance. I also believe that the covenant with Israel is perpetual as it is written.

Your question isn't intrusive at all, I read and study the Bible, but I do not know what you mean by the Torah mistaken for a Bible since every Bible translation contains the five books of Moses. The false prophet of Islam claimed that this Law, along with books of the Prophets, the Psalms and the Gospels have been corrupted, which is a blasphemous and an evidently false claim with no evidence.

The Bible contains many things said about future false prophets, false teachings and coming wars and tribulations, especially in the Middle East.

The Bible is going to have it’s occasionally mishaps and translation error. It had been changed, re-written, translated in multiple languages and has parabolic speech throughout the entire written scriptures of course it is not going to be perfect. You will just need to work with what you have at the moment and I find the King James Version to be the best out of the worst from the revisions of the Bible. To mention, there has been verses removed from the Bible too throughout the ages. Which I do agree, it is blasphemous according to scripture to change the word of God around. However, even though this be the case that is where you would need to put an effort to go and collect information that follow up with the scriptures to put the missing puzzle pieces together.

Now, I have solely read the KJV and occasionally a few different revisions but hadn’t taken a peak through the Torah (which why I assumed it was only apart of Islamic religion, which they do possess a Torah. I just found out that there two types of Torah’s. The Islamic one and the Judaism Based Torah).

Unread 08-02-2020, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdteenth View Post
The Bible is going to have it’s occasionally mishaps and translation error. It had been changed, re-written, translated in multiple languages and has parabolic speech throughout the entire written scriptures of course it is not going to be perfect. You will just need to work with what you have at the moment and I find the King James Version to be the best out of the worst from the revisions of the Bible. To mention, there has been verses removed from the Bible too throughout the ages. Which I do agree, it is blasphemous according to scripture to change the word of God around. However, even though this be the case that is where you would need to put an effort to go and collect information that follow up with the scriptures to put the missing puzzle pieces together.

Now, I have solely read the KJV and occasionally a few different revisions but hadn’t taken a peak through the Torah (which why I assumed it was only apart of Islamic religion, which they do possess a Torah. I just found out that there two types of Torah’s. The Islamic one and the Judaism Based Torah).
More verses have been added to the Scriptures over the centuries than removed from them, and the KJV translators who didn't have more ancient and reliable manuscripts didn't have a chance to notice them. Such words or verses (Acts 21:25a, 1 John 5:7b) and sometimes large passages (John 7:53-8:11, Mark 16:9-20) still do not amount to a 1% of the New Testament, so that is important to remember. If someone has a problem with sin, it probably isn't due to their text stemming from Textus Receptus or an Alexandrian text-type by the will of God.

It is my opinion, dear brother, that we still have a lot to learn, but in my opinion you are a person who is fed with the milk of the faith and knowledge of the Scriptures that is enough to make him grow up. Most people here do not have that even if they claim to. If you want to discuss anything about the Bible with me, you can always message me. I usually only post on the chat forums these days since I've been convinced that parts of astrology are divination and forbidden.

I hope that I have been useful to you by showing you the existence of theophoric names and giving you more information about the Law. I would personally be glad to serve you with even more knowledge of the word of God with his help and blessing.
Unread 08-02-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
More verses have been added to the Scriptures over the centuries than removed from them, and the KJV translators who didn't have more ancient and reliable manuscripts didn't have a chance to notice them. Such words or verses (Acts 21:25a, 1 John 5:7b) and sometimes large passages (John 7:53-8:11, Mark 16:9-20) still do not amount to a 1% of the New Testament, so that is important to remember. If someone has a problem with sin, it probably isn't due to their text stemming from Textus Receptus or an Alexandrian text-type by the will of God.

It is my opinion, dear brother, that we still have a lot to learn, but in my opinion you are a person who is fed with the milk of the faith and knowledge of the Scriptures that is enough to make him grow up. Most people here do not have that even if they claim to. If you want to discuss anything about the Bible with me, you can always message me. I usually only post on the chat forums these days since I've been convinced that parts of astrology are divination and forbidden.

I hope that I have been useful to you by showing you the existence of theophoric names and giving you more information about the Law. I would personally be glad to serve you with even more knowledge of the word of God with his help and blessing.

Thank for the compliment I appreciate your offer and I have learned a lot regarding your stance on the Bible Which was interesting to say the least but I had joined this platform to solely learn and practice Astrology on here. I just happen to come across this thread and ran into your comment. We have similar beliefs (not entirely) but even though I am open to discussion...I still have a mission that I would like to stay on the course of when in this forum. Be mindful of this scripture here.

Quote:
Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

As I had stated before, I do filter the information that is given when it comes to scripture because it is a doctrine I cannot live without even if I wanted to (this is my foundation). People can share the same doctrine but that doesn’t mean they will agree on their approaches to it. Again, thank you for the offer sir It was nice having this discussion with you. Farewell 💕

The Following User Says Thank You to Thirdteenth For This Useful Post:
petosiris (08-02-2020)
Unread 08-03-2020, 02:37 AM

Quote:
There is no evidence of a connection between Genesis 14:19-22 and some obscure reference in the second century of a Phoenician deity who died in an encounter with wild beasts. How can one possibly even imagine that?

Genesis 14:19-22 refers to God the Most High - Creator or lit. Possessor of heaven and earth. Heaven and earth are never referred to as progeny of God in the Torah and the Prophets, though some of their inhabitants - angels and humans who do the will of God - very often, though even in those places there are some differences from divine offspring in pagan religions, and I can show what exactly these differences are.
First of all let me make it clear that I wasn't trying to bring up personal faith into this. If you have a set of beliefs, that's personal.

Now, if we get into bible talk. One thing is, The Torah is the oldest set of scriptures of the bible. The prophets are individual men who wrote on the set of beliefs they were accustomed to. Most of this revolves around the political climate that led the ethnic group of the Jews into exile, and the drama that comes with it.

Now I do believe in the accounts of anthropologists who explain how the pre-biblical gods were transposed into the many faces of the Jewish god, including the very prevalent masculine warrior god of (Exodus 15:3) (Joshua, Judges, Samuel).

It is very easy to see how the religious concepts and stories of the old testament were inherited from pre-existing religious concepts that the Jews appropriated as their own.

El Elyon, was the supreme Phoenician god El "The most high".
See the suffix to Israel, Samuel, Gabriel, Michael, all of the archangels, etc.

Quote:
The primary god was El, protector of the universe, but often called Baal
The winged bull god representing Saturn.

But again, this is not the place to discuss religion. This is an Astrology forum.

Last edited by Alimal; 08-03-2020 at 04:08 AM.
Unread 08-03-2020, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alimal View Post
First of all let me make it clear that I wasn't trying to bring up personal faith into this. If you have a set of beliefs, that's personal.

Now, if we get into bible talk. On thing is, The Torah is the oldest set of scriptures. The prophets are individual men who wrote on the set of beliefs they were accustomed to. Most of this revolves around the political climate that led the ethnic group of the Jews into exile, and the drama that comes with it.

Now I do believe in the accounts of anthropologists who explain how the pre-biblical gods were transposed into the many faces of the Jewish god, including the very prevalent masculine warrior god of (Exodus 15:3) (Joshua, Judges, Samuel).

It is very easy to see how the religious concepts and stories of the old testament were inherited from pre-existing religious concepts that the Jews appropriated as their own.

The winged bull god representing Saturn.

But again, this is not the place to discuss religion. This is an Astrology forum.
It's the "Modern Astrology" forum. It's a refuge from attacks against the use of celestial objects beyond Saturn in astrological Charts.

Last edited by david starling; 08-03-2020 at 02:46 AM.
Unread 08-03-2020, 02:43 AM

Quote:
It's the "Modern Astrology" forum.
In which you do less Astrology and more of everything else.
Take that with a pinch of salt
Be very wary of those that put down or ridicule another's way of worship because the former serves only their own ego thereby expressing that their God and their practice is the only true and right one. Such practice is completely synthetic and organised with just one mission- convert and increase the numbers of their own organised religion or cult. It reflects the intolerance, megalomania and fascism of such cultism- a pure antithesis to spirituality and morality.
Unread 08-03-2020, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
In which you do less Astrology and more of everything else.
Take that with a pinch of salt
Trad forum hasn't had much action either, since Peto went all Jesus on us, and Oddity retired from the field.
Unread 08-03-2020, 03:12 AM

Sat sets the boundary between Trad and Mod, which is a play on words, because the Egyptian god "Set", is generally equated with Sat.
Unread 08-03-2020, 03:15 AM

I'm one of those Mods who rejects the notion that Sat is Domiciled in both Cap and Aqua.
Unread 08-03-2020, 03:19 AM

Mods have the use of Uran, as to which planet is Domiciled in Aqua.
Unread 08-03-2020, 03:46 AM

Interesting thing about Uran, as viewed from Earth: It is visible using natural vision alone, making it the farthest, naturally visible planet. You just have to know where and when to look for it in order to recognize it as a planet, rather than as a faint star.

Last edited by david starling; 08-03-2020 at 05:07 AM.
Unread 08-03-2020, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Truth is universal, and if people are deceived that God revealed himself to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and later to 600000 Israelite men besides women and children, they should have nothing to do with their faith, because it doesn't come from the Most High God who is the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ who appeared to them in the name of the Father and battled for them as a man of war, and is the divine mediator of all truth and wisdom in the world.

But if academics in the social sciences are deceived and they are teaching the public lies that the Israelites were originally pagans, and only later left idolatry to form a human derived religion to explain their punishment, contrary to what the Bible teaches, then woe to them, butchers operating on human hearts and minds, leading people astray from God.

Quote:
Now, if we get into bible talk. On thing is, The Torah is the oldest set of scriptures. The prophets are individual men who wrote on the set of beliefs they were accustomed to. Most of this revolves around the political climate that led the ethnic group of the Jews into exile, and the drama that comes with it.
I believe that the prophet Moses filled with the Holy Spirit originally wrote the Torah, not five different authors who made lies about God. He lived almost a millennium before most Israelites of Judah were sent into exile. And many of the commandments in the Torah are given specifically against the practices of the nations in the land they come to possess, and the people were given freedom to choose blessings and life or curses and death that were set before them.

Quote:

It is very easy for you to see things in this way, but is there enough evidence against the written and oral witness of a continuous faithful remnant of the Jewish nation?

Quote:
I replied to your comment discussing religion in an astrology forum. I won't stand by without expressing the belief system of the prophets while people express the belief system of fundamentalist secularists and atheists who a priori reject prophecy and miracles without bothering to examine claims honestly. For example the main reason given that the book of Isaiah doesn't have a single author, is because it mentions Cyrus as Messiah, who lived centuries later. You would think that a holy book could actually do that.

It is very easy to see that a relation of names exist with the neighbouring nations, because of the language.

“It will come about in that day,” declares the Lord, “That you will call Me Ishi And will no longer call Me Baali. - Hosea 2:16 NASB

Baal means master, it is only because of its idolatrous association with a god (who we know is nothing - 1 Cor. 8:4) that it was to be avoided. The Bible forbids even the slightest thought of syncretism.

Last edited by petosiris; 08-03-2020 at 05:10 AM.
Unread 08-03-2020, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Interesting thing about Uran, as viewed from Earth: It is visible using natural vision alone, making it the farthest, naturally visible planet. You just have to know where and when to look for it in order to recognize it as a planet, rather than as a faint star.
Have you ever seen it using natural vision? I've seen the other five planets many times, but I've never seen Uran in my life without a cheap telescope, and even then it looked very faint.

Tags
aquarius, proof, ruled, saturn, uranus