Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 07-26-2020, 04:11 PM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Transmuting haze into grace, you are an insightful person with a way with words. Did you know? Chiron's wife is called Chariclo, which means grace. That is the answer as to whether Chiron ever healed from his wounds or not, he did, because he found grace.
Thank you, the most important thing in my life has always been to try being popular/make efforts to make myself being seen as popular and to get massive approval from other people even though I dont deserve even a tiny bit so it makes me happy that you are giving your compliments.

Y

Unread 07-26-2020, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnest View Post
Thank you, the most important thing in my life has always been to try being popular/make efforts to make myself being seen as popular and to get massive approval from other people even though I dont deserve even a tiny bit so it makes me happy that you are giving your compliments.

Y
You’re a little Barbie doll underneath all that sarcastic armour. I know it

U
Unread 07-26-2020, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
Reason lel.

Sounds like subjective feelings to me.
I’m sorry you can’t hear properly.
Unread 07-26-2020, 06:07 PM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Subjective opinions are subject to objective analysis.
Unread 07-26-2020, 06:10 PM

If you depend on your own reason, but not on the reason of the other people, you are still dependent on fallible human reason. Not independent.
Unread 07-26-2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:
If you depend on your own reason, but not on the reason of the other people, you are still dependent on fallible human reason. Not independent.
That doesn’t make any sense.
Unread 07-26-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
What do you think about the following reasoning from Hume?

Quote:
Since morals, therefore, have an influence on the actions and affections, it follows, that they cannot be deriv'd from reason; and that because reason alone, as we have already prov'd, can never have any such influence. Morals excite passions, and produce or prevent actions. Reason of itself is utterly impotent in this particular. The rules of morality, therefore, are not conclusions of our reason.

No one, I believe, will deny the justness of this inference; nor is there any other means of evading it, than by denying that principle, on which it is founded. As long as it is allow'd, that reason has no influence on our passions and actions, 'tis in vain to pretend, that morality is discover'd only by a deduction of reason. An active principle can never be founded on an inactive; and if reason be inactive in itself, it must remain so in all its shapes and appearances, whether it exerts itself in natural or moral subjects, whether it considers the powers of external bodies, or the actions of rational beings. - https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Page:...1888).djvu/481
I don't hold to his skepticism or moral sentimentalism.
Unread 07-26-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
He tried preaching to me we are all slaves to God. That should tell you about his thought process.
The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Unread 07-26-2020, 06:54 PM

Quote:
What do you think about the following reasoning from Hume?

I don't hold to his skepticism or moral sentimentalism.
Well I’m not surprised. Skepticism opposes religious mysticism and fundamentalism.

I, however, also disagree with skepticism. Hume is no rational philosopher.

Hume thinks that “goodness” is just whatever we feel and that there is no logic behind it. He doesn’t understand the purpose of ethics, though.

Ethics is the science of morality. We use our reason to discover our values and virtues to flourish in life. Ethics is a necessary and a rational development from our desire for LIFE. Without life, there would be no need for ethics.

You have to decide to live or not to live. If you choose life, ethics follows. If not, then there would be no need for ethics. To living creatures, goodness is not a feeling or a passion, but a rational and discoverable code of laws.

Last edited by AppLeo; 07-26-2020 at 06:56 PM.
Unread 07-26-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Well I’m not surprised. Skepticism opposes religious mysticism and fundamentalism.

I, however, also disagree with skepticism. Hume is no rational philosopher.

Hume thinks that “goodness” is just whatever we feel and that there is no logic behind it. He doesn’t understand the purpose of ethics, though.

Ethics is the science of morality. We use our reason to discover our values and virtues to flourish in life. Ethics is a necessary and a rational development from our desire for LIFE. Without life, there would be no need for ethics.

You have to decide to live or not to live. If you choose life, ethics follows. If not, then there would be no need for ethics. To living creatures, goodness is not a feeling or a passion, but a rational and discoverable code of laws.
Rationalism is a religious dogma, lel.
Unread 07-26-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Rationalism is a religious dogma, lel.
How?
Unread 07-26-2020, 07:13 PM

Quote:
How?
Hume was skeptical of rationalist ethics as much as he was of religious ethics.

As I said, it is an entirely subjective feeling. But we claim that it is not because of God, because he has created everything through his Wisdom and for his Wisdom. It is divinely inspired.

Last edited by petosiris; 07-26-2020 at 07:17 PM.
Unread 07-26-2020, 07:16 PM

To be rational is to stay committed and attached to the facts of reality. Reality has identity and therefore cannot contradict itself. It abides by a certain code and structure. If it contradicted itself, it could not exist.

So a person who preaches rationality will be perceived as dogmatic, but so what? Any attempt to break from reality or to act mystically is immoral and destructive to a person’s life.

So when a person says,”omg you’re so dogmatic. Your unfettered rationalism leaves no room for mysticism or skepticism.”

Guess what my response is:

“**** right I’m DOGmatic woof woof!”
Unread 07-26-2020, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Hume was skeptical of rationalist ethics as much as he was of religious ethics.

As I said, it is an entirely subjective feeling. But we claim that it is not because of God, because he has created everything through his Wisdom and for his Wisdom. It is divinely inspired.
Choosing to live or did is subjective. If one chooses life, ethics or “goodness” becomes rational and discoverable.
Unread 07-26-2020, 07:24 PM

Quote:
To be rational is to stay committed and attached to the facts of reality. Reality has identity and therefore cannot contradict itself. It abides by a certain code and structure. If it contradicted itself, it could not exist.

So a person who preaches rationality will be perceived as dogmatic, but so what? Any attempt to break from reality or to act mystically is immoral and destructive to a person’s life.

So when a person says,”omg you’re so dogmatic. Your unfettered rationalism leaves no room for mysticism or skepticism.”

Guess what my response is:

“**** right I’m DOGmatic woof woof!”
You could have just summed up your philosophy in ''I am entitled to my opinion'' with a '' '' at the end.
Unread 07-26-2020, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Choosing to live or did is subjective. If one chooses life, ethics or “goodness” becomes rational and discoverable.
That sounds new agey, is it from Rand?
Unread 07-26-2020, 07:32 PM

My opinion loud and proud

https://youtu.be/LD7poVK9ayI
Unread 07-26-2020, 07:37 PM

Quote:
That sounds new agey, is it from Rand?
It certainly is of the new age. An age projected centuries into the future.
Unread 07-26-2020, 07:39 PM

You know, I should take a word of actually helpful advice from the Bible.

“Don’t cast pearls before swine.”
Unread 07-26-2020, 07:47 PM

Quote:
You know, I should take a word of actually helpful advice from the Bible.

“Don’t cast pearls before swine.”
Me too - ''Do not speak in the hearing of a fool, for he will despise the good sense of your words.''
Unread 07-26-2020, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Fusion View Post
He tried preaching to me we are all slaves to God. That should tell you about his thought process.
And what is your thought process making astrology charts of false birth dates of Messiah and the Adversary, and making a thread with the sole purpose of blaspheming the Lord? Your spirit is an excellent example that we ought to be slaves of God, not of sin.
Unread 07-27-2020, 12:19 AM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

God doesn't need slaves!
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Cold Fusion (07-27-2020)
Unread 07-27-2020, 12:50 AM

Quote:
And what is your thought process making astrology charts of false birth dates of Messiah and the Adversary, and making a thread with the sole purpose of blaspheming the Lord? Your spirit is an excellent example that we ought to be slaves of God, not of sin.
The charts I use actually have relation, they're not something just randomly thrown out. Anyone that commands you to be a slave to abusive masters and turn the other to those who persecute should be told to go hell as there isn't a shred of honor in them (Gods, Messiahs or their preachers).

1 Peter 2:18
You who are slaves must submit to your masters with all respect. Do what they tell you—not only if they are kind and reasonable, but even if they are cruel.

Luke 6:28
Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you.
The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Last edited by Cold Fusion; 07-27-2020 at 12:59 AM.
Unread 07-27-2020, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
God doesn't need slaves!
The Scriptures are quite clear that we have to serve God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ as slaves if we are to be set free from sin. The apostles Peter and Paul also wrote that if the believers happen to be slaves, they have to obey their human masters working with all their heart as for the Lord and not for men, even more so if they are believers.

This is what God himself said through his prophets and apostles, the chief of which is the Son of God, who is himself said to be a slave of the Father. So be careful that you do not speak false words on part of the Lord of the universe, unauthorized and go against his proven oracles.
Unread 07-27-2020, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Fusion View Post
The charts I use actually have relation, they're not something just randomly thrown out. Anyone that commands you to be a slave to abusive masters and turn the other to those who persecute should be told to go hell as there isn't a shred of honor in them (Gods, Messiahs or their preachers).

1 Peter 2:18
You who are slaves must submit to your masters with all respect. Do what they tell you—not only if they are kind and reasonable, but even if they are cruel.

Luke 6:28
Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you.
I haven't read the phrase ''go to hell'' in the Bible. Probably because it is a curse word (which are forbidden) and involves and an unbiblical understanding of the place(s) where the dead go before their appointed resurrection.

Before I would discuss these passages with you, would you tell me if you have read the gospel of Luke and 1 Peter in their entirety?