Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 10-23-2016, 04:17 PM

Saturn in 2nd house - Financial difficulties?!

Hi!

I read that having Saturn in 2nd house in natal chart could indicate financial difficulties in one's life and that's very interesting for me because I always fear of not having enough money. Formerly I have had financial difficulties and money was always a very important thing in my life.

What does Saturn in 2nd house mean in my chart?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Trish05; 06-02-2017 at 08:24 PM.
Unread 10-23-2016, 04:25 PM

Re: Saturn in 2nd house - Financial difficulties?!

YEs it can mean financial difficulties. But it can also mean something deeper like lack of self-worth and finding value in life. Saturn square your Venus enforces Saturn in the 2nd house.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AppLeo For This Useful Post:
Slytherin88 (10-27-2016), Trish05 (10-26-2016)
Unread 10-25-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
YEs it can mean financial difficulties. But it can also mean something deeper like lack of self-worth and finding value in life. Saturn square your Venus enforces Saturn in the 2nd house.
Thanks for your reply! Will I have always financial difficulties? Or will it be better after Saturn return?
Unread 10-25-2016, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish05 View Post
Thanks for your reply! Will I have always financial difficulties? Or will it be better after Saturn return?
Over time, Saturn's limitations will become blessings. You will surpass your financial difficulties in the future, especially after your Saturn return.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AppLeo For This Useful Post:
david starling (10-25-2016), enigmaticstatic (10-26-2016), Trish05 (10-26-2016)
Unread 10-25-2016, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Over time, Saturn's limitations will become blessings. You will surpass your financial difficulties in the future, especially after your Saturn return.
Even if Saturn is retrograde in my chart?
Unread 10-25-2016, 09:05 PM

Smile Re: Saturn in 2nd house - Financial difficulties?!

Quote:
A Capricornian 2nd House is actually good for increasing your assets, and Saturn is at home in Capricorn. Saturn will make you work for it, but you'll be able to do what it takes--you do the work, and you'll get paid! Natal Saturn Retrograde doesn't change that.

Last edited by david starling; 10-25-2016 at 09:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Trish05 (10-26-2016)
Unread 10-25-2016, 11:30 PM

I have found that when a person is motivated by fear of being without money they tend to behave in a way that leads to them saving a lot so i think that the venus and saturn square maybe causing you to restrict your desires and give you discipline with money so you probably are unlikely to run out of money.
The Following User Says Thank You to curiousabout77 For This Useful Post:
Trish05 (10-26-2016)
Unread 10-25-2016, 11:57 PM

Without a doubt, this is a difficult position for money. Will you be poor forever? Not necessarily. Will you have to work hard to keep money? For sure. And I've read charts for people with this placement -- Sag Rising, okay or well-placed Jupiter, Cap Saturn retrograde. The minute they decide to stop putting in the work to secure their money, or try to take the easy way out, is the minute when their money and/or possessions accumulated from it begin to dissolve.
The Following User Says Thank You to sibylline For This Useful Post:
Trish05 (10-26-2016)
Unread 10-26-2016, 12:29 AM

Hi Trish,

I have Saturn Retrograde in the second house. Interesting, I have always been afraid of being a bag lady. But with a lot of planets in 6h Pisces, I was more concerned about helping others than making money.

However, I did put quite a bit of effort into obtaining advanced degrees, then worked hard on my career, and finally at midlife, made an adequate living, but nothing extravagant. Nothing has ever been handed to me, I have had to work hard for everything, and some obstacles in my way.

In spiritual astrology, the 2h is the karmic gift house. A 2h Saturn is giving wisdom, strength and self-discipline.

Saturn/Mars positively expressed gives an assertive, hard working, focused energy. Negatively would be old feelings of being helpless, powerless and inconsistent, with some blockages and delays. I have Sat/Mars semi-sextile and have experienced both the positive and negative of this aspect. I have Saturn inconjunct my Sun and have experienced both the positive and negative of that aspect. Persistent, self controlled, responsible and self disciplined, but also issues with father and family.

Julia

Last edited by Julia Karmic Astrology; 10-26-2016 at 12:43 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Julia Karmic Astrology For This Useful Post:
Trish05 (10-26-2016)
Unread 10-26-2016, 09:01 PM

It is definitely a bad position. I have Saturn in 2nd H in Capricorn too. What can I say... it's hard. For example, my friends and acquaintances make more money than I do. Even if their job is worse than my, they still will earn more...
I wouldn't say that I struggle with money but they don't come easy. I would call myself a bit cheap. I always look for lower price and I feel bad spending my hard-earned money.
The Following User Says Thank You to deepminde For This Useful Post:
Trish05 (10-26-2016)
Unread 10-26-2016, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Karmic Astrology View Post
Hi Trish,

I have Saturn Retrograde in the second house. Interesting, I have always been afraid of being a bag lady. But with a lot of planets in 6h Pisces, I was more concerned about helping others than making money.

However, I did put quite a bit of effort into obtaining advanced degrees, then worked hard on my career, and finally at midlife, made an adequate living, but nothing extravagant. Nothing has ever been handed to me, I have had to work hard for everything, and some obstacles in my way.

In spiritual astrology, the 2h is the karmic gift house. A 2h Saturn is giving wisdom, strength and self-discipline.

Saturn/Mars positively expressed gives an assertive, hard working, focused energy. Negatively would be old feelings of being helpless, powerless and inconsistent, with some blockages and delays. I have Sat/Mars semi-sextile and have experienced both the positive and negative of this aspect. I have Saturn inconjunct my Sun and have experienced both the positive and negative of that aspect. Persistent, self controlled, responsible and self disciplined, but also issues with father and family.

Julia

Hi Julia,

Thank you for your reply! It's good to know I'm not the only one that had bad experience with Saturn in 2nd house. Even though it's a hard lesson to learn I think it has its advantages as well. Among other things, it teaches us to appreciate what we have. Yes, I have also issues with my father - Our relationship is not too idyllic.

Thank you again, have a nice day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepminde View Post
It is definitely a bad position. I have Saturn in 2nd H in Capricorn too. What can I say... it's hard. For example, my friends and acquaintances make more money than I do. Even if their job is worse than my, they still will earn more...
I wouldn't say that I struggle with money but they don't come easy. I would call myself a bit cheap. I always look for lower price and I feel bad spending my hard-earned money.
Thanks for your reply!
The same here. Like you mentioned - my friends make more money than I do and always look for lower price as well. But I really hope it will be better after Saturn return.
Unread 10-26-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Hi!

I read that having Saturn in 2nd house in natal chart could indicate financial difficulties in one's life and that's very interesting for me because I always fear of not having enough money. Formerly I have had financial difficulties and money was always a very important thing in my life (I'm 26 years old).

I saw that Saturn sextile Mars and a Saturn trine Sun so maybe this is not so doomed, however, could anyone please help me? What does Saturn in 2nd house mean in my chart?

Thank you in advance!
Saturn in 2nd house doesn´t mean exactly that you will be have financial problems but in your point of view you should see it like a lack of own financial sources and suffer by that although it may not be true.In this case you could always worry about not having enought money althought your bank´s account may be full of money.Saturn sextil Mars could indicate that you give a lot of energy in order to get money and probably you've already done this.Sun and Saturn in good aspect is no problem,you pre probably serious, little bit reserved and practictal,some features of Capricorns have.

Last edited by tisha83; 11-03-2016 at 06:37 PM.
Unread 10-26-2016, 10:56 PM

Saturn's house shows where manifestation strength is possible. The default Saturn is usually in negative mode and will block or severely limit, but when you do what Saturn is basically asking of you, he will unblock the resources of the house and hard-aspected planets. In general, he likes structure, discipline and hard work or effort, and for you to learn certain lessons usually defined by the sign.

For a positive example, I know someone with Saturn in Cancer (detriment) in the 2nd House and it's afflicted -squaring Venus and Mars. She grew up in poverty but she worked hard to get good grades in school, put herself through college and ended up working for one of the top four accounting firms in the USA, and has rose in management. She has a middle six-digit income at age 42 now and she's verry successful! Now to aid her, she has Moon in Capricorn and six squares in her chart so she has plenty of motivation, internal pressure and drive. Capricorn is ruled by Saturn so it and the Moon are in mutual reception as well. Capricorn placements usually provide the traits to help meet Saturn's demands and are a boon! This gal was already making decent money in her 20s.

Trish, your Saturn is nice and strong, in rulership and lending its power to your Sun and Mars, so your will and actions can be disciplined if you apply yourself toward something worthwile. You have an abundance of earth in your chart to be grounded and practical (Saturn likes that), and Taurus is the sign aligned with the 2nd house so you should be naturally predisposed to making money. This also looks like a chart with some creative aptitude -Mars in creative visionary Pisces, a possibly artistic or design-oriented Libra MC, Taurean planets (ruled by Venus =arts) in the 5th House of creative self-expression-- are you an artist of some type? Creative writer with that Gemini Sun possibly? That might be the way to go.

Placing value on humanitarian work or charities might be another -Aquarius North Node also in your 2nd house. Your greatest transformation (Pluto) is in Aquarius' natural house ,the 11th of groups and humanitarian activities. And your Sun is in the house of service.
Unread 10-27-2016, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus View Post
Trish, your Saturn is nice and strong, in rulership and lending its power to your Sun and Mars, so your will and actions can be disciplined if you apply yourself toward something worthwile. You have an abundance of earth in your chart to be grounded and practical (Saturn likes that), and Taurus is the sign aligned with the 2nd house so you should be naturally predisposed to making money. This also looks like a chart with some creative aptitude -Mars in creative visionary Pisces, a possibly artistic or design-oriented Libra MC, Taurean planets (ruled by Venus =arts) in the 5th House of creative self-expression-- are you an artist of some type? Creative writer with that Gemini Sun possibly? That might be the way to go.

Placing value on humanitarian work or charities might be another -Aquarius North Node also in your 2nd house. Your greatest transformation (Pluto) is in Aquarius' natural house ,the 11th of groups and humanitarian activities. And your Sun is in the house of service.
Thank you for your reply! As for arts - I like drawing, writing and people say I am creative. However, I want to become a psychologist and would like to help others. I have been wondering if that was my path because I never really knew what I wanted but recently I realized this is who I am. Also, I want to start my own company (I just need the right business idea).
Unread 10-27-2016, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Hi Julia,

Thank you for your reply! It's good to know I'm not the only one that had bad experience with Saturn in 2nd house. Even though it's a hard lesson to learn I think it has its advantages as well. Among other things, it teaches us to appreciate what we have. Yes, I have also issues with my father - Our relationship is not too idyllic.

Thank you again, have a nice day!
Yes I agree, I think having to work hard for everything I have has made me a stronger person. And like you, I really appreciate what I have. If I have a soft pillow, I am so happy to have it! And I really appreciate my house, keeps my dry when it rains and warm when it is cold. I really appreciate and enjoy what I have.

Hang in there, Saturn usually relaxes when we hit mid age.

Julia
The Following User Says Thank You to Julia Karmic Astrology For This Useful Post:
Trish05 (10-27-2016)
Unread 10-27-2016, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Thank you for your reply! As for arts - I like drawing, writing and people say I am creative. However, I want to become a psychologist and would like to help others. I have been wondering if that was my path because I never really knew what I wanted but recently I realized this is who I am. Also, I want to start my own company (I just need the right business idea).
You're welcome! If it's a business partnership, Jupiter in the 7th will help it be successful. Where is your Part of Fortune? That's a calculated point that tells you where your worldy success is. Also look at its ruler. It's in the additional objects at the bottom of the extended chart selection page at astro.com.
Vesta can also tell you what you're dedicated to.

Gemini can do two or even multiple things. I have the same main angles as you and I'm an artist, astrologer and hypnotherapist with a background in psychology. I have Moon positive aspect Uranus like you as well which helps that. Your Mercury trine Uranus and Neptune will also be very empathic and intuitive for that as well!

Best of fortune to you!

Save
Save
The Following User Says Thank You to Horus For This Useful Post:
Trish05 (10-27-2016)
Unread 10-27-2016, 06:21 AM

Quote:
You're welcome! If it's a business partnership, Jupiter in the 7th will help it be successful. Where is your Part of Fortune? That's a calculated point that tells you where your worldy success is. Also look at its ruler. It's in the additional objects at the bottom of the extended chart selection page at astro.com.
Vesta can also tell you what you're dedicated to.

Gemini can do two or even multiple things. I have the same main angles as you and I'm an artist, astrologer and hypnotherapist with a background in psychology. I have Moon positive aspect Uranus like you as well which helps that. Your Mercury trine Uranus and Neptune will also be very empathic and intuitive for that as well!

Best of fortune to you!

Save
Save
Thank you! My Part of Fortune is in the 1st house in Capricorn also Vesta is in the 4th house in Aries.
The Following User Says Thank You to Trish05 For This Useful Post:
Horus (10-27-2016)
Unread 10-27-2016, 03:12 PM

I have this placement too. I started out "working poor" and worked outside the home myself pretty young. I have never had a problem finding a job. They just drop in my lap. But I have to work hard for every penny, always. It also seems that every time I build up a surplus of money something happens to swallow it. I could look at that as bad luck (I can't build a surplus) or good luck (I always seem to have exactly the amount I need when I need it.) I tend to look at it the second way. As someone else mentioned, I think that's what Saturn does in this house; it forces you to work for what will come in through the house--money, possessions, self-esteem, but you can only have what you need.

P.S. This is kind of off-topic, but I can't help but feel that it confirms my Saturn placement. I had a coworker group who used to go out and drink, and one of them was a Korean lady. I mention the Korean part because her grandmother taught her some kind of palm-reading witchery that she claimed was cultural (she could have just been playing with the white girl). Anyway, we were drunk, and she looked at my palm and started dying laughing, just cackling. I asked what was so funny, and she pointed at me and said, "You will never have any money!"

Last edited by Witchyone; 10-27-2016 at 03:19 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witchyone For This Useful Post:
Julia Karmic Astrology (10-27-2016), Trish05 (10-28-2016)
Unread 10-27-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post

I have this placement too. I started out "working poor" and worked outside the home myself pretty young. I have never had a problem finding a job. They just drop in my lap.
Hi Witchy,

That is interesting, even though I am a 2h Saturn, I typically get every job I go after, and jobs just fall into my lap as well. I have been working since a young age, as a child, had various jobs making money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post
But I have to work hard for every penny, always. It also seems that every time I build up a surplus of money something happens to swallow it. I could look at that as bad luck (I can't build a surplus) or good luck (I always seem to have exactly the amount I need when I need it.) I tend to look at it the second way. As someone else mentioned, I think that's what Saturn does in this house; it forces you to work for what will come in through the house--money, possessions, self-esteem, but you can only have what you need.
Totally agree, this has been my experience as well with the 2h Saturn.

Julia
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julia Karmic Astrology For This Useful Post:
Trish05 (10-28-2016), Witchyone (10-27-2016)
Unread 10-27-2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Thank you! My Part of Fortune is in the 1st house in Capricorn also Vesta is in the 4th house in Aries.
I have this same exact POF too. It's ruled by and dependent upon Saturn. It means there's no lotto jackpots for us - we have to earn our success and be independent.

The ruler of your MidHeaven (career) is Venus in the 4th house of home, so perhaps we can envision the home office of a psychotherapist, as well as possibly doing some professional creative writing or drawing there too? Vesta in the 4th is really the ideal place for the goddess of the hearth and home and shows your devotion to that space. It's no coincidence that it's there with Venus. Nor that these are in Aries and the POF is in the 1st -Aries' natural house- underlining independence.

Save
The Following User Says Thank You to Horus For This Useful Post:
Trish05 (10-28-2016)
Unread 10-27-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
I have this same exact POF too. It's ruled by and dependent upon Saturn. It means there's no lotto jackpots for us - we have to earn our success and be independent.

The ruler of your MidHeaven (career) is Venus in the 4th house of home, so perhaps we can envision the home office of a psychotherapist, as well as possibly doing some professional creative writing or drawing there too? Vesta in the 4th is really the ideal place for the goddess of the hearth and home and shows your devotion to that space. It's no coincidence that it's there with Venus. Nor that these are in Aries and the POF is in the 1st -Aries' natural house- underlining independence.

Save
That's right, I would like to set up a home office but to be honest I'm a little bit worried regarding my career because Jupiter square my MC also there are a Neptune square MC and an Uranus square MC. Even natal Saturn square my Venus (which is the ruler of my MC)...
Unread 10-28-2016, 01:27 AM

Quote:
That's right, I would like to set up a home office but to be honest I'm a little bit worried regarding my career because Jupiter square my MC also there are a Neptune square MC and an Uranus square MC. Even natal Saturn square my Venus (which is the ruler of my MC)...
Squares are challenges but they can be met, and hard aspects in a natal chart can be transmuted. Sometimes this happens over time by learning lessons, but it can happen faster by really studying and understanding them, because everything is there for a reason, to teach us and move us in the right direction. There's a higher evolutionary intention behind these energies, and if they are understood you can work with them, even guide them so they aren't wreaking havoc or blocking your best intentions. It just comes down to understanding yourself and the parts of yourself that may be pulling you in different directions, where you get in your own way.

So the gravity axis of the MC/IC is caught in the crossfire between Jupiter, Neptune and Uranus. What is that opposition about in the Me/Other houses? Tension between beliefs (Jupiter) about family or security (Cancer) and partnerships (7th) vs. your own practical (Capricorn) dreams (Neptune), individuality (Uranus) and independence (1st), perhaps? And such things can get in the way of building that career and home and need to be reconciled somehow with your goals and plans.

Uranus can bring disruption, rebellion and instability unless guided to its higher octave of insight, innovation and honoring your freedom and independence.

Neptune can bring confusion and delusion unless guided to higher spiritual ideals, creativity and healing.

As for Saturn, I covered that above. He will release Venus and what Venus rules if you work for it. There is often a issue of self-worth with Saturn-Venus hard aspects which tend to affect both romance and finances, and that can be addressed by taking satisfaction in your accomplishments and building yourself up through that and/or doing some inner healing work, like hypnotherapy or cognitive behavioral therapy. If, on a subconscious level, you don't feel you deserve something, you will not have it (or hold onto it long if you do manage to get it somehow), so it's worth doing both -the inner work and the outer.

One author puts the issue rather succinctly when he wrote: "That could esoterically be attributed to a karma of relationship or love, but it would be more precise to say that the determinative vibration you are giving off in those instances is a deep, unrecognized fear."

See: http://www.myastrologybook.com/Satur...-astrology.htm

The deservedness or lacktehreof and any fears of failure or success are what need to dealt with, and doing so will improve that "vibration" so you can manifest your desires per the metaphysical law of attraction.

Last edited by Horus; 10-28-2016 at 02:16 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Horus For This Useful Post:
Julia Karmic Astrology (10-28-2016), Trish05 (10-28-2016)
Unread 10-28-2016, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Squares are challenges but they can be met, and hard aspects in a natal chart can be transmuted. Sometimes this happens over time by learning lessons, but it can happen faster by really studying and understanding them, because everything is there for a reason, to teach us and move us in the right direction. There's a higher evolutionary intention behind these energies, and if they are understood you can work with them, even guide them so they aren't wreaking havoc or blocking your best intentions. It just comes down to understanding yourself and the parts of yourself that may be pulling you in different directions, where you get in your own way.
Thank you very much for your amazing replies! It helped me a lot and now I understand myself better! Yes, I will try to guide these squares in the right direction so I will be able to achieve my goals! Thank you again and have a nice day!

PS.: Also, Thanks everyone for all your replies!

Last edited by Trish05; 10-28-2016 at 09:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Trish05 For This Useful Post:
Horus (10-28-2016)

Tags
difficulties, financial, house, saturn