Combat sports and mars in pisces

waybread

A7000, usually I applaud your posts, but as someone with the sun, Mercury, and Venus in Aquarius I think it's a fine sun-sign sign. I wouldn't change it if I could. All kinds of famous people have Aquarian suns. As an Aquarian yourself, I submit that your identity is in great shape!

I don't see the sun as one's ego, a very modern Freudian concept. Rather it is one's core identity or sense of self. Aquarius is the fixed air sign, so ideas are very real to us; and once we have an idea that seems true, we hang onto it.

Parts of traditional astrology fit in neatly from a theoretical point of view, but not so much in practice, so far as I can make out.

aquarius7000

Waybread, I did not say that Aquarius was not a fine sign (because my own ego would not let me do that even :p). I tried to explain, quite unemotionally, in keeping with my traditional-astrology studies, why astro-logically the Sun does not feel comfortable in the sign of Aquarius and is therefore in detriment in Aquarius.
I also did not say that the Sun = ego. And, per my understanding, ego is not bad per se. In fact, it is even healthy. It is only the overdoing of ego (being too egotistical), as with all other qualities of human nature, too, that it can become dangerously bad and lead to arrogance/selfishness.
And, yes, of course, the Sun is in detriment in Aquarius, just the way the Moon is in detriment in Capricorn. I have them both, so I understand inherently. :D

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Ah. Well, my moon is in Leo. As a woman with a night birth, it is probably stronger than my sun.
A-ha! So your Moon is in Leo. No wonder you applaud my posts (and I often yours):p. You see, my Asc. is in Leo, so it helps you connect to me beyond the Sun and Merc. :biggrin: Where is your Asc.?

AppLeo

A-ha! So your Moon is in Leo. No wonder you applaud my posts (and I often yours):p. You see, my Asc. is in Leo, so it helps you connect to me beyond the Sun and Merc. :biggrin: Where is your Asc.?

She's a Virgo Ascendant. Calls people right out on their bull.

B3lovedveteran8

Waybread, I'm a more emotional aquarius, less detached but i can still feel the aquarius energies. I was born in the cusp of Aquarius-Pisces, but i was also born close to midnight as you can see, around 22:17.

I read about Ronda Rousey having suicidal thoughts after ONE loss. Many say she lacks the heart of a warrior, i say she is a perfectionist and struggle with "defeat" cause she feels like a dissapointment than. Oh well, thats how i'm wired anyways.

B3lovedveteran8

I only have Jupiter and mars in Pisces with the sun being in the Aquarius pisces cusp. Born on 17th of February, you can see my Chart at the 1st page.

Imperial1922

I have a Mars in pisces in the 7th house. I can tell you despite my mars in pisces, i do have fighter instnct. As of matter of fact i remember my parents always telling me how much athletic ability i had when i was a kid, especially at swimming and football. Honestly i am currently going for a military career as an army officer (ive been doing my best at school, though i can be lazy). Im very motivated when ambition and authority positions play into it (i have a capricorn sun virgo AS, so maybe thats why?) I am in no way weak-willed and always fight for myself, and i can be generous. Though i have done bad things to get to where i am, i think it was worth it. I have a Mars square pluto and sextile saturn, also mars is part of a yod for moon and saturn, so maybe thats why? Im not sure. But i am very strong-willed compared when i felt weak as a kid. I am very power-hungry now and it wont stop.

Oh and honestly i do have the killer instinct lmao. I dont really let emotions or morality get in the way of my goals.

aquarius7000

...Well apparently none of them have mars in pisces. Which discourages me a lot, because i want to achieve something with boxing, even if its just winning a belt on Amateur level, i want to wreck the competition.
But it's said that mars in pisces natives have lower energy levels than other, exalted mars signs. I just hate having this placement, i wish i had Aries or Taurus...
Mars in Pisces is stronger than Mars in Taurus because Mars in Taurus is in its detriment, whilst Mars in Pisces is in its sign of Triplicity, so has some dignity.

I even trained to much and i developed stress fractures in my tibia bones. Flat feet is also a factor, but i didn't want to rest, i wanted to train, to run in the morning and have that little advantage what other don't have. Go to the gym even though i'm a bit anxious about it.
Your Saturn and the ruler of your Asc./1st house (health and general physical constitution), Venus, stand in a square to each other. Also, that Venus is in Capricorn, so ruled by Saturn, so the effect is doubly enforced. Saturn is fallen in Aries (so more malefic, as Saturn's air element does not connect well with Aries' fire) and being angular, Saturn acts in full force. You need to be careful, in general too, about the body's extremities like the skin, hair, nails, or anything hard like the bones and teeth, especially inflammation of the bones.

Last edited:

Imperial1922

This sounds like Mars square Pluto talkin'!

Good luck with your career goals.

Thank you, honestly i can be down at times, but i learn more from my failiures than sucesses. The the mars/pluto square aspect is litterally exact, so its the strongest aspect in my chart. But honestly i remember starting to learn astrology reading mars in pisces alone, and it got me mad because i dont like any label of a wimp, until i started learning about aspects which explained my desire for power. Honestly it goes well with my water sign mars. Honestly though i will work hard for it.

Imperial1922

Mars in Pisces is stronger than Mars in Taurus because Mars in Taurus is in its detriment, whilst Mars in Pisces is in its sign of Triplicity, so has some dignity.

Your Saturn and the ruler of your Asc./1st house (health and general physical constitution), Venus stand in a square. Also, that Venus is in Capricorn, so ruled by Saturn, so the effect is doubly enforced. Saturn is fallen in Aries (so more malefic, as Saturn's air element does not connect well with Aries' fire) and being angular, Saturn acts in full force. You need to be careful, in general too, about the bodies extremities like the skin, hair, nails, or anything hard like the bones and teeth, especially inflammation of the bones.

I never really understood about triplicity. Ive been told since i was born at night my mars in pisces is dignified, meaning its stronger. Also any idea what a mutual reception mean? I have one between mars in pisces and jupiter in aries 8th house i believe.

aquarius7000

I never really understood about triplicity. Ive been told since i was born at night my mars in pisces is dignified, meaning its stronger. Also any idea what a mutual reception mean? I have one between mars in pisces and jupiter in aries 8th house i believe.
Hi,

Working now so cannot provide many details, but this might help: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=756567

Mutual reception is when two planets mutually receive each other either through dignity and exaltation, or also detriment. If Venus is in Capricorn and Saturn is in Taurus, the planets mutually receive (or strengthen) each other in dignity.

B3lovedveteran8

Yes but is having this mars also good in boxing? And i'm born at night, 22:17 which means it's in dignity?

Yes i should watch out with my bodies limitations. It's not really healthy but sometimes it comes in handy when i need to push through something physically.

What can you say about venus sextile mars? One of my major aspects.

Your Saturn and the ruler of your Asc./1st house (health and general physical constitution), Venus, stand in a square to each other. Also, that Venus is in Capricorn, so ruled by Saturn, so the effect is doubly enforced. Saturn is fallen in Aries (so more malefic, as Saturn's air element does not connect well with Aries' fire) and being angular, Saturn acts in full force. You need to be careful, in general too, about the body's extremities like the skin, hair, nails, or anything hard like the bones and teeth, especially inflammation of the bones.