Top 10 Don'ts in Astrology

akshat005

Thank you for sharing this here. This is such a informatic post that gives us knowledge about astrology and all things related to that. :tongue::lol:

Hi Radu,
Don't in Astrology: Astrology is not a superstition, it's directly related to the science and it exists because of the natural world like heavenly bodies.So don't tell it fraud even if you don't believe in it.
Regards,
Shivanand

QuantumNautilus

Fantastic, entertaining, & useful input. Great for n00b astrologers (and noob humans) like myself. Little reminders are sometimes needed. I had to laugh because I can see and recall situations of how some of these apply in my own life. I will proceed to install both great teachers of awareness and humour with more vigor than ever. Thanks :cool:

ukdesifem

I'd say:

- Don't be biased or judgmental. We all have different kinds of people who like or are more drawn to, but then this is just our and society's expectations/beliefs. Nobody (IMO at least) is worse based on his or her traits, and good and bad traits are often subjective.

- Don't push a fatalistic tone. I want to read charts as a side living away from my principal job in a few years, but then to me astrology is not about fate or "condeming" people it's about meeting one's highest potential. Potential is fixed, but then we can choose to meet it or not. No freedom is really absolute.

- Don't jump on people who say astrology is a science or that astrology generalises people....both are BS. I'm a Leo Moon/Sun and Gemini Rising, but somebody of those signs could be completely different to me, based on how his or her time of birth, place of birth, degrees, days, etc. Just saying not to get sucked in..lol.

Don't forget that all the planets play a role in someone's life...just because someone's Mercury, Mars, etc., is sitting around making little but sextiles and generally not being very interesting does not mean you should ignore that planet's energy/influence on the person! Often a quiet source of support/stability makes up a lot of the story about a person.

Ernesto

there is a path of believing in astrology and one should always get an accurate idea of their road map they should not misinterpret it.

Ernesto

i wont write a lot about dont's in astrology but i would say its better keep faith within and the strict no to assumptions could just help you to understand your way bettter.

yahk22

1. Don't rely on a computer for interpretation. Intuition on the part of the astrologer, if they are any good, anyway, is crucial.

2. Don't argue your synastry with your girl when she is not pleased with you, even though your casting the chart was her idea. better yet

3. don't cast and read anyone's chart who is close to you, unless perhaps they are a skilled astrologer as well. i know, your family and friends pester you to death to do it. but if you do, they'll act like you personally got in a rocket and pulled uranus into those nasty squares yourself just to ***** them.

someone already posted do not predict death. i would've. ethics, you know.

heidy26

When performing a chart interpretation of someone, don't rely solely on your view of the aspects. A good astrologer always goes through the chart with the client, astrology is more intuitive than you think !
This is to prevent providing a non-accurate report; you can interpret a chart in so many ways, but that doesn't mean it will fit the client; it never does.

WHYNOT

Banned
When performing a chart interpretation of someone, don't rely solely on your view of the aspects. A good astrologer always goes through the chart with the client, astrology is more intuitive than you think !
This is to prevent providing a non-accurate report; you can interpret a chart in so many ways, but that doesn't mean it will fit the client; it never does.

(I LOVE that quote - "God's delay is not His denial" )

A member of my family of origin has committed the above "sin" !
They have "read" certain things in my chart , after acquiring my data, formed a certain picture of me - and used it against me. They only own about 5 astrology books, have "studied" a lot of celebrity's charts and consider themselves an expert. Moreover, this person never left home, whereas I have lived a very full & tumultuous life. Worse, they have caused troubles in my life, by negatively influencing other members of my family by gossiping and making all sorts of unjust & false assumptions. Very very painful.

Last edited:

david starling

(I LOVE that quote - "God's delay is not His denial" )

A member of my family of origin has committed the above "sin" !
They have "read" certain things in my chart , after acquiring my data, formed a certain picture of me - and used it against me. They only own about 5 astrology books, have "studied" a lot of celebrity's charts and consider themselves an expert. Moreover, this person never left home, whereas I have lived a very full & tumultuous life. Worse, they have caused troubles in my life, by negatively influencing other members of my family by gossiping and making all sorts of unjust & false assumptions. Very very painful.

Will this person allow you to post his or her Chart?

AppLeo

Don't look at people as "walking Charts". Put Astrology aside in your interactions as much as possible, unless they enjoy it too.

I totally agree. Some people really do not like being categorized by signs and planets. When I interact with them – I talk to them like I don't even know astrology – but I subconsciously imagine and put things together based on their chart.