Will there be a positive change in relationship status with my friend after his visit

LittlexxMoon

Our label is “friends” but we act more than that. I feel we have a deep connection. He is coming to visit me next month (he lives out of state for work right now) and this visit is something we have both looked forward to. He continues to pursue me and act interested since we reconnected again in March. I know he is quite focused on himself and his work though. Will there be a positive change in relationship status after his visit? I’m hoping to make this more official or that at the very least, this bond will grow. I’m hoping this visit will bring us closer together. Link to chart: https://ibb.co/PTfFm9y
Thank you to everyone who is able to help. I appreciate it. I will post back and let you know what happens. Also, not sure if this matters but I am a cancer rising as well.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

It looks quite promising. Moon is strong by sign and approaches a trine to Saturn, also strong by sign.
You did well to mention your ascendent, considering the early degree of the chart, so your cancer validates this, and we see the situation is at the beginning.
Part of fortune conjunct Saturn is also positive.
Also, the rulers of the 3rd and 9th, trips and travel, are in positive aspect.

ameliaastrology

But Moon is way out of orb with Saturn. Do I see it correctly? -Moon is early and Saturn is 28. All traditional astrologers (except some ancient Greeks) take into count orb and moiety and to them an aspect like this simply doesn't count. The planets are so out of reach they don't see each other at the moment the question is proposed, and this doesn't result in perfection. https://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspectorbs.html

Yes, this is the Moon, but orb is still to be considered. Deb Houlding for one is skeptical about the idea that Moon is allowed every aspect regardless of orb, which itself is controversial anyway. I haven't read any traditional astrologers up to 1751 that supported this. Some astrologers would also say Moon is technically void of course right now until it gets in orb with any traditional planet for an applying aspect, which means not much could happen for the matter asked. Either way, the early ascendant is a consideration before judgment, so the chart could be descriptive in some way that isn't the focus of this question, or perhaps the question is not asked at the right time and hence unrooted. Does the chart have hour agreement?

Amelia

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Hello virgo!
The moon in the horary marks the action that will be taken in the question/situation.
The moon will trine Saturn before it changes sign.
Moon is not VOC in this chart, it makes several aspects before leaving the sign.

ameliaastrology

Virgo?

This discussion contains Deb Houlding's comments on the Moon's valid orb with other planets in a horary chart:
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8913&sid=1ed61d44a70aa91eedbb9e1dde6fc55f

"Moon moves from this past square of the Sun to the trine of 7th ruler Mercury, and this is just able to be classified as an in-orb contact (within 12.30 degrees)..."

Whether the Moon is void of course in the here and now (the moment the chart is cast) might be a matter of opinion, and isn't the only important testimony here - but I think most traditional sources (Lilly, Bonatti, especially Ibn Ezra, etc) would agree with Deb that even the Moon's aspects with the quesited require valid orb for the matter to be perfected.

Amelia

Last edited:

ElenaJ

"Whether the Moon is void of course in the here and now (the moment the chart is cast) might be a matter of opinion"

It's not a matter of opinion.

If you have doubts, just wait and see what happens.
Post an update.

ameliaastrology

But yes, it is. What constitutes VOC has to remain a matter of opinion, because there are respected ancient astrologers who think that void-of-course must be understood by the moiety of orb of Moon and other planets. http://www.medievalastrologyguide.com/void-moon.html Your definition is not the only definition of VOC. I made it clear in my first reply that "some astrologers" approach the matter this way; it was meant to be a reference for the OP. I didn't say it is the only "correct" viewpoint. And I don't mean to argue. I was just pointing out the factual co-existence of different viewpoints regarding what constitutes a VOC Moon. By saying it is not a matter of opinion, you imply that other astrologers who go by a different definition, are plain wrong, which I cannot agree.

What is worth pointing out though is that a Taurus Moon is still able to function in some way even if it's currently "not within orb of her next planetary contact and she doesn't know what her next destination is or it is otherwise not in reach." (see website quoted above)

I think I've made my point clear enough and with that I rest my case. Let's wait and see what happens.

Amelia

Last edited:

ameliaastrology

I don't think the chart is safe to judge to start with, due to the early ascendant. That's why I asked about the hour agreement. But if I was to judge anyway, it doesn't look like the visit (if it happens - beware of early ascendant) would bring about a committed relationship. Moon will also meet Mercury (by opposition) and Jupiter before she gets to Saturn.

Last edited:

LittlexxMoon

Thanks for trying to solve all this! I will definitely post an update. He will be visiting at the end of December.
"Whether the Moon is void of course in the here and now (the moment the chart is cast) might be a matter of opinion"

It's not a matter of opinion.

If you have doubts, just wait and see what happens.
Post an update.

LittlexxMoon

Hi, I am very new to horary astrology. I literally just saw this post so I apologize for the delay. What do you mean by hour agreement?
I don't think the chart is safe to judge to start with, due to the early ascendant. That's why I asked about the hour agreement. But if I was to judge anyway, it doesn't look like the visit (if it happens - beware of early ascendant) would bring about a committed relationship. Moon will also meet Mercury (by opposition) and Jupiter before she gets to Saturn.