Newcomer struggling to make sense of my chart

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new here and to Astrology in general but after getting the bug over the past few weeks I have been delving into my chart hoping to gain some insight into my experiences and personality.

So far my experience has been mixed in that some of the interpretations relating to my chart feel alien to me and just in general I feel like I've jumped in with both feet and as a result of information overload I now cant see the forest for the trees :biggrin:.

I get the feeling things will become clearer over time as I (hopefully) get better at reading charts and understanding the bigger picture here. That said I would really appreciate anyone willing to take the time to take a look at my chart and let me know anything I should be looking at in more detail. Any insight would be great!

https://imgur.com/S2oF3x6

Whole Sign Version:

RbI4hGK

https://imgur.com/RbI4hGK

Last edited:

wan

Tip: linking to a chart on a charting service doesn't work, because the image you link to will expire after a while. Best to click on the image, save it on your desk top, then attach it as an attachment in a post.

waybread

Welcome to the forum.

If you are working off a cell phone, you can save your chart in an image retrieval system like imgur.com.

Then just post the link.

Thanks For the Help @waybread and @wan.

I re-uploaded the images using imgur.com. Hopefully that should do the trick.

I also added the whole sign version of my chart as I seemed to resonate better (from what I can understand) with that. Insights from either version would be great.

Last edited:

AstroPunter86

What strikes me most is you having your Sun conjunct the Descendant. That is a placement that is likely to make you highly relationship-centric. Your ruling planet Saturn in Scorpio should certainly intensify your need to bond with a partner.

In my opinion it is a very feminine looking chart and well balanced, too.

waybread

Ummm-- the querent is a guy.

I would ditto the reading that being in a committed relationship is very important to you, whether you have one going at the moment or not.

With Neptune in the mix, however, you may find that your relationships involve a "victim" and a "savior." Neither role is a great one for you. With your sun sextile Pluto, you may give off vibes of having strong personal power, such that you may attract people to you who have difficulty in manifesting their own personal power.

You have a very active 6th house. The 6th relates to the principle of service to others, as well as illness and health. I don't know if you work in a health care field but it would seem like a natural for you. Also volunteerism or work that puts you in a position of providing service to other people. (Incidentally the 6th also rules small animals, so you may be an animal lover.)

If you're just learning astrology, two books that I highly recommend are Steven Forrest, The Inner Sky; and Robert Hand, Planets in Youth (good for all ages.)

Last edited:
What strikes me most is you having your Sun conjunct the Descendant. That is a placement that is likely to make you highly relationship-centric. Your ruling planet Saturn in Scorpio should certainly intensify your need to bond with a partner.

In my opinion it is a very feminine looking chart and well balanced, too.

Well, since I was 14 I have almost always been in a relationship. What is interesting to me is that all of them kind of presented themselves to me, in that I never made the first move to start any of them. Usually they lasted 2/3 years until I met my current partner where we have been together 10+ years now.

Oh I thought my ruling planet was the moon due to me having cancer ascendant in the 1st house?

The feminine energy I do get although I am male. I relate most to my cancer ascendant which seems at odds to my sun in capricorn.

Thank you so much for your insight.

Ummm-- the querent is a guy.

I would ditto the reading that being in a committed relationship is very important to you, whether you have one going at the moment or not.

With Neptune in the mix, however, you may find that your relationships involve a "victim" and a "savior." Neither role is a great one for you. With your sun sextile Pluto, you may give off vibes of having strong personal power, such that you may attract people to you who have difficulty in manifesting their own personal power.

You have a very active 6th house. The 6th relates to the principle of service to others, as well as illness and health. I don't know if you work in a health care field but it would seem like a natural for you. Also volunteerism or work that puts you in a position of providing service to other people. (Incidentally the 6th also rules small animals, so you may be an animal lover.)

If you're just learning astrology, two books that I highly recommend are Steven Forrest, The Inner Sky; and Robert Hand, Planets in Youth (good for all ages.)

Thanks @waybread. Certainly some things to think about in your reply. As I said in my earlier reply I have always been in relationships. The victim saviour dynamic is not something I have noticed as being a common feature of them.

The sixth house thing is what confused me initially. I do empathise very deeply and sometimes feel the need to shield myself from other peoples pain as it can be traumatic for me to witness someone in distress. I fear if I was in a care giving profession it would be too much for me to endure to be surrounded by suffering.

I often feel like I was a different person completely when I was younger. I was a gifted and competitive football (soccer) player where I'd take great pride in what I seen as artistic expression through the things I'd do on the pitch. I'd be driven to score beautiful goals and trying complex things when there was always a simpler and easier way to do things. I was fiery and sulky too which all came out on the pitch. I think this was all seen through the lens of cancer ascendant which has been there all along and has come with me into the second stage of my life.

In my mid teens I abandoned the football and threw myself into music and playing the guitar (I had previously taken piano lessons and shown musical talent but it hadn't quite clicked for me up until this point). Into that world I thrust myself wholeheartedly, playing in bands, writing and recording whilst making importantant friendships with my bandmates and the people that surrounded us.

For the past 10 years since I had my first child I have been the one that satayed home and cared for my daughter and later my son whilst my partner went to work. I guess that qualifies as caregiving and shows the motherly cancer energy too.

I mentioned the whole sign house method in my original post as it kind of makes more sense to me as it shifts Pluto, Saturn and Venus into the 5th house of joy, expression and creativity which accounts for my passion for music.

As an aside the other important aspect I feel a lot in my life is the want to explore spiritually. I have a fervent interest in metaphysical concepts like astral travel, past lives etc and desperately want to find the evidence that it's all really out there. I find myself going through periods of getting very excited about this stuff but often I back out worrying I'm wasting my time and that life is no deeper than what we hear see and feel (my logical side getting in the way I guess).

waybread

Thanks for the feedback.

The 9th house rules more conventional religion and theology, but also prophecy. The 12th house is for solo meditation, mysticism, and the types of hardships that encourage one to release earthly attachments.

The 8th house rules "occult matters"-- although it's unclear to me what defines them.

With several planets now transiting your 9th house, this would be a good time to study theology. Certainly past lives would fit there, as these are core beliefs of Hinduism and Buddhism.

Some really super books on reincarnation are Jim Tucker, MD, Life Before Life and Return to Life. He's a professor of child psychiatry at the University of Virginia medical school. Using some really stringent research methods, he interviewed young children who claimed to recall another life; and then tried to match up their memories with actual people using historical research. So this isn't hypnotism or channeling. Tucker doesn't claim that everyone reincarnates. But the cases where he did find a deceased person who matched the child's memories were pretty uncanny.

I think Tucker's books would appeal to your logic as well as your curiosity. The first book lays out his methodology. The second book has more of the examples.