NN at 29 '

fmisc001

Hello,

What would be your interpretation of a NN in Capricorn, house 6 at 29 degrees?

Many thanks!

piercethevale

Hello,

What would be your interpretation of a NN in Capricorn, house 6 at 29 degrees?

Many thanks!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that your didn't read the "sticky" about "Understanding the enumeration of the degrees", that's here in this sub-forum?

By that I mean I'm going to assume that your natal North Node is at 29* Capricorn and "XX" amount of minutes and "XX" amount of seconds and not 28* Capricorn with "XX" amount of minutes and "XX" amount of seconds.. As the former is said to be in the 30th degree of Capricorn and the later being in the 29th degree [ from 28* Cap 00' 01'' to 29* Cap 00' 00" is the 29th degree of Cap and the same applies to every Sign. 00* 00' 01" to 01* 00' 00" is the first degree of every Sign. There are thirty degrees to every Sign and they are numbered from 1 to 30, not 0 to 29.]

All that having been said and gotten out of the way, as I already wrote, assuming that your North Node is in the 30th degree of Capricorn... and I personally have found the True Node to be the one of significance in a natal chart and I've been studying Astrology fro almost 37 years at present.

The North Node points to the direction that you soul is seeking further development towards in this present incarnation. Aspects to it indicate how you'll best relate to the prevailing social attitudes and trends and what opportunities you'll be afforded through your relationship to society.
If your N.Node is instead in the 29th degree of Capricorn, that has a Sabian Symbol very befitting for someone that has taken and interest in Astrology. If it is in fact in the 30th degree of Capricorn, that has a Sabian Symbol that is rather a difficult one for me to interpret as regarding ones' N. Node.

As, you see, the Sabian Symbol for the 29th of Capricorn is [according to Dane Rudhyar's book on the Sabian Symbols, "An Astrological Mandala", {the only set of degree symbols I find, and believe, to be legit as presented and interpreted by the man I believe was the most preeminently qualified to do so, the late, Dane Rudhyar.}]

"CAPRICORN 29°: A WOMAN READING TEA LEAVES.

KEYNOTE:
The ability to see the Signature of hidden meaning in every occurrence drawing one's attention.

Man has always sought to interpret the meaning of events or situations which baffle him in terms of specific omens or 'Signatures'. The reading of tea leaves is only a commonplace modern version of a certain type of procedure used by priests of all ancient religions. The practice is based on a realization of 'the relation of everything to everything else' — a definition of astrology given by Marc Jones. Dream interpretation in depth psychology belongs to the same category, as it is based upon the establishment of a close connection between the unconscious and the conscious. But in dream analysis the individual unconscious, at least at first, is mainly referred to, while in omens (or modern fortune-telling at its best) one relies upon the power of occult forces or entities to convey the information that will clarify confusing situations.

This fourth stage symbol can be referred to a specific 'technique' of understanding or evaluation. What is implied is the ability not only to perceive the facts of everyday existence, but to see through these facts and discover how they are related to the realm of basic meanings or archetypal processes. This is essentially what is meant by true
CLAIRVOYANCE,the capacity to see in everything the Signature of deeper realities."

I think that it's pretty easily seen why I said that the 29th degree of Capricorn is such an appropriate place for the natal N.Node of someone that is involved in astrology. Rudhyar all but came out and wrote directly that this Sabian Symbol epitomizes Marc Edmond Jones' synopsis of what astrology is.

Now, as to the 30th degree of Capricorn and what its Sabian Symbol is, Here it is, but I'm not going to attempt to put it into perspective for you as to what it means to you being the Sabian Symbol of your natal N. Node...if it is in fact the 30th and not the 29th degree? Hopefully someone will be able to, and most hopefully you will be able to figure it out for yourself. [ibid.]

"CAPRICORN 30°: A SECRET MEETING OF MEN RESPONSIBLE FOR EXECUTIVE DECISIONS IN WORLD AFFAIRS.

KEYNOTE:
The power to assume responsibility for crucial choices arrived at after mature discussions with those who share this power.

We are all aware now of the work of secret committees in the White House and at all levels of the government. The student of esoteric philosophy believes in the existence of what has been called an 'inner Government' which has the power to direct or guide the evolution of our planet and of mankind. Some people speak of 'occult Hierarchy', or of the 'White Lodge'. Here again what is at stake is a 'seeing through' the facts of telluric processes and human history — assuming that these facts are at least in part the outcome of the decisions of a supreme Council of quasi-divine Beings. Obviously the symbol can also refer to what occurs at the more ordinary level of business and politics. At any level, it refers to the highest form of social interaction.

This is the last symbol belonging to Scene Twenty and related to the zodiacal sign Capricorn. We see in it the culmination of social responsibility and a reference to
EXECUTIVE POWER."

Just try to keep in mind that the Sabian Symbols are, symbolically, 360 Divine precepts that in successive order prescribe a process of transformation, of spiritual evolution, when read in a clockwise direction beginning at the 30th degree of Virgo, [that is to say, backwards, through the Zodiac culminating with the 1st degree of Libra] and a process of transformation that I can only describe as "spiritual de-evolution" when read from the first degree of Aries counter clockwise through the Zodiac and culminating with the 30th degree of Pisces [the transformative process of becoming more enmeshed in the material realm, in "Maya" as the Vedas call it.] The Sabians can be seen to be quite mundane as well, as the mundane is an imperfect reflection of the Divine, but keep in mind that the ''Creator" imaged them and put them in their places and for what reason.

In one sense the 30th of Capricorn may even represent, symbolically, "the Godhead", itself... the ultimate "Executive Boardroom", so to speak.

I have an old thread here in this forum on this topic. It is a thread upon the subject of the Kabbalistic interpretations of the Tanakh [the "Old Testament" to those of you that are Christians] and the Sabian Symbols being mutually validating. I can't recall the exact book, chapter and verse, but Rabbi Dobin, in his book "Kabbalistic Astrology" interprets a certain passage in the Tanakh to read the "The Force of God comes from between Capricorn and Aquarius". The Last degree of Capricorn being in possession of the Sabian Symbol above and the first degree of Aquarius being a symbol of making manifest in the material what is imagined as the ideal is what I mean by this "mutual validation"

Last edited:

piercethevale

p.s. You really need to let someone see your entire chart to get any idea of how to intepret what the N.Node will mean in overall context to yourself.
Is the overall tenor of your natal chart one that is aspected harmoniously to the Nodes or does it clash with them in aspects of Squares, Ses-squares, Inconjuncts, and the like?

Id be especially concerned about those later aspects if it is indeed the 30th degree of Capricorn your natal N. Node is in. There's an old rock and roll tune that has the words, "when I fight authority, authority always wins..." ... just try to remember that. I'm not saying that authority does always win... but it rarely seems to lose.

fmisc001

p.s. You really need to let someone see your entire chart to get any idea of how to intepret what the N.Node will mean in overall context to yourself.
Is the overall tenor of your natal chart one that is aspected harmoniously to the Nodes or does it clash with them in aspects of Squares, Ses-squares, Inconjuncts, and the like?

Id be especially concerned about those later aspects if it is indeed the 30th degree of Capricorn your natal N. Node is in. There's an old rock and roll tune that has the words, "when I fight authority, authority always wins..." ... just try to remember that. I'm not saying that authority does always win... but it rarely seems to lose.

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply, very interesting, I'll have to read more about Sabian symbols (I've read an interpretation of the 29° that wasn't particularly positive, but it didn't seem quite legit). I actually asked about the 29° because I read about critical/ anaretic degrees.

My True Node is at 29°41'43 . On a couple of websites, it gives me another result than Cap (Aquarius-Leo).

I have positive aspects too such as Sun sextile NN, Venus sextile NN, Mars trine NN and then NN in opposition to ascendant

Here is my chart, thank you.

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    124 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

piercethevale

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply, very interesting, I'll have to read more about Sabian symbols (I've read an interpretation of the 29° that wasn't particularly positive, but it didn't seem quite legit). I actually asked about the 29° because I read about critical/ anaretic degrees.

My True Node is at 29°41'43 . On a couple of websites, it gives me another result than Cap (Aquarius-Leo).

I have positive aspects too such as Sun sextile NN, Venus sextile NN, Mars trine NN and then NN in opposition to ascendant

Here is my chart, thank you.

Wow, what a chart...indeed...!

First off... Mars trine N.N. is a bit of a "stretch", but there is more likely harmony there than not. As to Venus, it isn't sextile but rather in a septile aspect to your N.N. at 52* 52' 48" ...and the septile is an aspect derived from dividing the number 360 by 7 and along with the hendecatile [360 divided by 11] are the only two aspects that have an irrational number as to what the aspect is. A septile is 51* 25' 42.857..." in aspect and there is at least a two degree aspect of allowed orb of influence.
Septiles are not an aspect that is commonly addressed by astrologers and very few even admit to their existence...which is probably because they don't know anything about them. Marc Edmond Jones claimed that they are an "aspect of fatality" and I found that to be true concerning the birth chart of a well known personage I've been researching in that they had an incomplete grand septile at birth which was made complete by transit the day that they died. But, that kind of configuration at birth is a very rare thing and solo septiles, and even bi-septiles in mutual aspect, are not going to be some sort of cause for ones demise.

Dane Rudhyar wrote that the septile is representative of what is left over from a cycle. He used "pi" as an example... as He wrote in his and Leyla Rael's book ""Astrological Aspects. A Process Oriented Approach", Quote; "If instead of a diameter we consider the radius of a circle in relation to its circumference, we readily see that more than six radii are necessary to make a circumference. This 'more' constitutes the 'remains' or 'leftover' after the sixth period of any cycle is completed. The Seven refers to the part of pi that goes on forever, to what is left over beyond three diameters or six radii - the indefinable plus required for a whole circle, which also gives it the opportunity to become a spiral."

It's what is left over from that cycle that must be used in the creation of a new cycle. As this septile is one between Venus and the N.N. I find that to be most auspicious in that it is inferred here that you have some sort of innate ability to bring love and beauty, that was left from the previous cycle, into the next... geeeze, where were you when the 1960's came to an end?

That you also have Pluto quintile your N.N. adds all the more to what I wrote above concerning the Venus - N.N. septile... as Pluto is known as the "Planet of Death and Transformation", I think that in your case a better, a more positive, appellation for it might be, the 'Planet of transformation and rebirth'.
As Jackson Browne wrote the the words to a verse in his song "The Pretender"... which is in reference to the 1960's...
"I want to know what became of the changes
We waited for love to bring
Were they only the fitful dreams
Of some greater awakening?
"

As I wrote that the Sabian Symbol for the 30th degree of Capricorn does also represent "the Godhead", this may all be an indication that you will have influence into bringing society, into steering society, towards the incorporation of that "love" that our Creator so hoped that we will one day do.

You have a Mercury novile aspect with you N.N. and noviles can be indications of being on "a mission" to do "Gods' work".

...and you have so many quintiles in your natal chart.
But the one I'm really stirred about is the Pluto - N.N. - M.C. quintiles that together form three points of a pentagram and a pentagram to your M.C.....!

I strongly urge you to acquire a copy of Dane Rudhyar's book on the Sabian Symbols, "An Astrological Mandala" and pay particular attention to the chapter in part three that is titled "The Cross and the Star".
As , you see, the natal chart axis, i.e. the Asc., Desc., M.C., and I.C. are symbolically the "WHO", "WHERE-TO", "HOW", AND "WHY" of your present existence and the M.C. can be interpreted as being either the "HOW" of that symbolism, if you interpret this as for spiritual evolution, or as the "WHY" of the symbolism, when interpreted in a mundane sense.

As all 72 possible pentagrams in the 360 degrees of the Zodiac, when read as to what each of the five Sabian Symbols are for that pentagram, are in fact the perfect "plot line" for any story [Marc Edmond Jones made a sizable second income from selling scripts to Hollywood, which began not too long after he had obtained the Sabian Symbols in the 1920's] the pentagram to ones' M.C.... the "HOW" of their natal chart, when applied in the aforementioned interpretation for ones spiritual evolution then illustrates what the perfect life should be as led in accordance to what one contributes to the world as their livelihood.

I think I have an old thread in the degree symbolism sub forum about the "Star" of ones natal chart. I may have written it at a now defunct astrologers forum [there have been a few that have disappeared after I joined them]
I used the M.C. pentagram derived from what I contend is the natal chart of Jesus/Yeshu'a of Nazareth [I do have a book published on this matter, it's out of print but I'm about to submit the revised edition to the publisher] for the reason it is a "template" from which to study and learn from as to understand through his symbolic pentagram [and don't be alarmed as this "pentagram" is pointing upwards..ya dig?] how He did live his life accordingly. If unable to locate that old thread of mine, just look to the thread titled "The Birth Chart of Jesus?" in the degree symbolism sub-form and figure out what that pentagram is and then read the appropriate Sabian Symbol for all five of those degrees...if anyone is interested? Here's a hint. His M.C. was at 00* Cancer 46', and thus the 1st degree of Cancer and the other five are in the 13th degree of Virgo, the 25th degree of Scorpio, the 7th degree of Aquarius, and the 19th degree of Aries.

The only drawback here, in ref. to your natal chart, is that the N.N. would have to be in the 1st degree of Aquarius, in order to be of perfect pentagram symmetry to your natal Pluto and your M.C. ...but as you were born with N.N. direct... it's a possibility that the N.N. has to be given some sort of special consideration as to which degree is to be considered to be the one approached?
Regardless, it is a pentagram of aspect you have here, if not a perfectly symmetrical one. It's the Sabian Symbolism for the 1st degree of Aquarius that is of symbolic concern here... as being relative to the "Star" of your natal chart and, as I already wrote above, that 1st degree of Aquarius is of a symbolism that is about making manifest in the world what one has in their imagination... and Pluto in the mix indicates a "transformation"... and what that Venus in septile is all about... and that the quintiles indicate a genius for getting this done , and as to your M.C. in accordance with what you do for the "HOW" of your own spiritual evolution... [and the tenth house cusp is also the indication of "career" in a mundane interpretation.] when all considered as a whole... need I say it? I hope that I don't have to draw you a picture? You've been chosen, possibly sent directly, or as an emissary, from the Godhead itself? Although one could possibly say that about everyone...? ...but even if so, it seems to me that you've been given a very special task for a life assignment.

Your "Star" points are the 13th degree of Aries the 1st degree of Aquarius, the 19th degree of Scorpio, and the two incomplete points being the 7th degree of Virgo and the 25th degree of Gemini.
Look for those times when both of the incomplete points are filled in by transit or progression... that's the time to make it "shine"

Namaste, ptv

P.S. The website, scribd.com has two versions of e book for Rudhyar's book on the Sabian Symbols available with a membership which is a far cry less than the outrageous amounts people are asking for used copies of the book on E-bay and Amazon. In fact, in January they had a 30 day free trial, which I took advantage of, and I was able to download a copy, and keep, of Dane's book...as I have two paperback copies that together make one fragile copy, as for the age and use they were put through.

piercethevale

Good news.
I found out yesterday that the mindfire website has Dane Rudhyra's book on the Sabian Symbols, "An Astrological Mandala" back online. It has all 60 of the Sabian Symbols available for viewing and to copy if need be. In fact every bit of the book is there except for chapter 2 of part 3, which is titled "Binary Relationships between Zodiacal Signs", and is about six pairs of the Signs and how they form zyzygies, in the philosophical meaning of the word, six types of energies, that are labeled with vedic concepts.
I think that most people will find it to be theoretical anyways, and not all that important to the remainder of the book. Yet Rudhyar apparently learned of it through the renowned theosophist from India, Subba Row, and was obviously rather convinced of it. If it were a college course I would call it a graduate course as it is very advanced.

The chapter titled, "The Cross and the Star", is what immediately follows that chapter in the published work.

Here is the link to the mindfire website and Dane's book.
http://www.mindfire.ca/An Astrological Mandala/An Astrological Mandala - Contents.htm

Lolagranola

Can anyone shed any light on a North Node in Libra at 29 degrees 56 "Humanity Seeking to Bridge the Span of Knowledge"? Blessings all. I hope the eclipse was not too harsh on us all.