Venus in Aquarius

david starling

Yay 😊. I have mercury sextile jupiter and Uranus and I SHOULD try to look for more humour 😃.

David what degree is your Uranus? Is it your 12th ruler?

About 18 degrees, close Trine (less than 2 degree Orb) with Venus. Venus rules my 12th. I use humor to "lighten things up", when possible. But not when it's so tragic that sorrow is more appropriate.

david starling

The sign of Uranus doesn't really matter when one is discussing their personal nature. I am a traditional astrologer, so generational planets like Uranus, Neptune and Pluto remain strong in any sign.

Jupiter's jesting is more of a going-overboard, lighthearted nature. Jupiter is jovial. Saturn's is more of a dry and sarcastic nature. There are different kinds of humour. Uranus, Nep and Pluto do not have anything to do with humour in my books. :biggrin:

Seems like Traditional Astrology has a much less favorable view of Aquarius than Modern. For example, if I'm right about this extremely materialistic, warlike Age being that of Tropical Capricorn, ruled by Saturn, the next Tropical Age, being Aquarian, will be just as bad. Also, some of the Ancient-astrologers had TERRIBLE opinions about placements in Aquarius.

sadge

If vedic is the only school of astrology that's formally recognized Gemini NN as the premiere node placement, then I definitely want to study it.

(Pay attention to these NNs, people. We can all learn something from their graceful intelligence.)

Rawiri

They are not the only school to do so...although I wouldn't really call Indian astrology a school, as there are a wide variety of practices in it, some which differ a fair bit. Some disagree with their exaltation etc.

The Persian astrologer Al-Biruni mentions the exaltations for the nodes in his Book of Instructions (Here: https://archive.org/details/TheBookOfInstructionOnTheElementsOfTheArtOfAstrologyByAlBiruni)

In the chapter on Domiciles, Detriments etc.

He was highly involved with Indian culture, however.

Rhetorius the Egyptian (Hellenistic astrology) also supposedly mentions them, though I cannot recall the mention in the work and can't find it while skipping through it now...he is from an earlier time than Al-Biruni.

The table of essential dignities that JUPITERASC loves to post, from William Lily also features them.

So they are well known places to most traditional western astrologers, in addition to the Indian astrologers.

aquarius7000

Seems like Traditional Astrology has a much less favorable view of Aquarius than Modern. For example, if I'm right about this extremely materialistic, warlike Age being that of Tropical Capricorn, ruled by Saturn, the next Tropical Age, being Aquarian, will be just as bad. Also, some of the Ancient-astrologers had TERRIBLE opinions about placements in Aquarius.
Traditional Astrology has reason attached to what it states. And, no, traditional astrology does not equate Cap to Aquarius. There is a distinguishable reason why Saturn rules both the said signs. Btw, ever read Christian Astrology by Lilly or any other traditional astrology book? I strongly suggest to do so, if not already the case.

david starling

Traditional Astrology has reason attached to what it states. And, no, traditional astrology does not equate Cap to Aquarius. There is a distinguishable reason why Saturn rules both the said signs. Btw, ever read Christian Astrology by Lilly or any other traditional astrology book? I strongly suggest to do so, if not already the case.

My question is, would an Age ruled by Saturn in Aquarius be an improvement over an Age ruled by Saturn in Capricorn? Oddity says "NO", just as bad if not worse. In other words, is it "Saturn the Greater Malefic is, and Saturn the Greater Malefic will be, regardless of whether it's ruling Capricorn or Aquarius"? Or, possibly, does Aquarius have a way of transforming Saturn that makes its influence much less harmful to life? What would Lilly say?

Rawiri

My question is, would an Age ruled by Saturn in Aquarius be an improvement over an Age ruled by Saturn in Capricorn? Oddity says "NO", just as bad if not worse. In other words, is it "Saturn the Greater Malefic is, and Saturn the Greater Malefic will be, regardless of whether it's ruling Capricorn or Aquarius"? Or, possibly, does Aquarius have a way of transforming Saturn that makes its influence much less harmful to life? What would Lilly say?

Aquarius is generally considered a nicer place for Saturn than Capricorn based on it's heat and moisture (Air sign) tempering Saturn's extreme cold and dryness, making it less harmful to life.

But that is more a dignity thing of a planet in a sign. It doesn't really change the sign itself...

In traditional methods, if we wanted to judge the "ruler" of a sign like that, we would normally look to where the ruler was transiting at the moment of the "switch-over." Not his dignity in that particular sign. That is the standard technique in methods such as profections, dasas (of Indian astrology) etc.

If you wanted to, I suppose you could look where Saturn was when the tropical age switches into tropical Aquarius and alter things based on that. That would fit in the traditional framework. (Not that you have to fit in the traditional framework, lol)

david starling

Aquarius is generally considered a nicer place for Saturn than Capricorn based on it's heat and moisture (Air sign) tempering Saturn's extreme cold and dryness, making it less harmful to life.

But that is more a dignity thing of a planet in a sign. It doesn't really change the sign itself...

In traditional methods, if we wanted to judge the "ruler" of a sign like that, we would normally look to where the ruler was transiting at the moment of the "switch-over." Not his dignity in that particular sign. That is the standard technique in methods such as profections, dasas (of Indian astrology) etc.

If you wanted to, I suppose you could look where Saturn was when the tropical age switches into tropical Aquarius and alter things based on that. That would fit in the traditional framework. (Not that you have to fit in the traditional framework, lol)

Traditionally, as I understand it, a "happy Saturn" is less inclined to harm than an "angry" Saturn. So, using the Traditional framework, the Aquarian Age would be ruled by a happy Saturn in a day-sign, Saturn being a diurnal Planet, with Saturn also more "comfortable" in Aquarius than Capricorn. That might work to infer a better Age to come, especially for those with day-charts. Of course, Oddity....:biggrin:

david starling

I've noticed that those most devoutly invested in the Sidereal Ages, especially this having been the Age of Pisces, are nearly ALL Modern Tropicalists, with no real stake in the how the Sidereal Signs should be located except to get them their preferred start-date of the Sidereal Aquarian Age. Tropical, Traditional-astrologers are far more willing to accept the possibility that there are Direct-motion Tropical Ages, but are far less optimistic than Modernists about an Aquarian Age being a good thing. Modern Siderealists usually downplay their own Ages, and Vedics prefer the Yugas to the Precessional Ages being used by Modern Tropicalists in the context of the Sidereal Zodiac.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Aquarius is certainly the sign that Saturn prefers. This is because firstly Saturn is a masculine planet and so feels more comfortable in the masculine sign of Aquarius. Secondly, as the ancients would say, all life needs light. In Aquarius, Saturn has more of a chance to see the light of the Sun by opposition. The warmth and brightness of the Sun is said to temper down the frigidity and morbidity of Saturn lending it some vitality.

Given the above, I certainly hope that the Age of Aquarius will bring about a lot of good.

Also, let us not forget that in a chart, it is the planets that bring about the action. They are the doers. The signs only colour the planets with their energies, but the planets perform.

sadge

Traditionally, as I understand it, a "happy Saturn" is less inclined to harm than an "angry" Saturn. So, using the Traditional framework, the Aquarian Age would be ruled by a happy Saturn in a day-sign, Saturn being a diurnal Planet, with Saturn also more "comfortable" in Aquarius than Capricorn. That might work to infer a better Age to come, especially for those with day-charts. Of course, Oddity....:biggrin:

Random thought: Do you think the old world astrologers (who no doubt contributed their own ninja skills, but within the context of their time) could have had the opportunity to appreciate the complexity of Saturn if the human lifespan had been longer during that time? Because longer lifespans would have provided more Saturn returns for observation? Today, in the developed world, it's common for people to easily crank out about three Saturn returns....but back then it was more like one, maybe 1.5.

david starling

The whole point of the Aquarian Age is to get a handle on Saturn, so that it stops blindsiding us. That was impossible way back when, while Saturn ruled the Tropical Capricornian Age with an iron fist. We're not there yet, but it's happening gradually as the Aquarian Age approaches. It's not Saturn that will change, it's about a world-changing ability to truly understand it.

david starling

Pretty much. But I was thinking about an increase in our ability to understand how this whole mess actually works, and figure out a way to make it work for us instead of against us. Experiencing more Saturn Returns should help with that--good point, hadn't considered it.

sadge

Astrology is definitely evolving. Why wouldn't it? We do not live in a static world. Our understanding of each of the planets have increased (at least in some schools of astrology). For example, if you don't understand the higher purpose of a planet, then it manifests in its lower expression. That's the purpose of taking the time to understand the underlying psychology of a natal chart and why planets or aspects manifest in the way that they do....so we can uncover what's happening and understand the potential to find a higher level of expression.

I was just thinking the other day how Freud, who is often credited with giving birth to the field of psychology (nevermind some of his wacked out theories) awakened the potential of the 8H to another level. That is bound to happen in all areas of astrology as we move forward. I'm sure we will uncover more meaning of the 11H and 12H as well.

Andrea_

The whole point of the Aquarian Age is to get a handle on Saturn, so that it stops blindsiding us. That was impossible way back when, while Saturn ruled the Tropical Capricornian Age with an iron fist. We're not there yet, but it's happening gradually as the Aquarian Age approaches. It's not Saturn that will change, it's about a world-changing ability to truly understand it.

I just love this idea! Maybe my Saturn dominanted chart is at fault, but I definitely think people should learn to see the effects of their actions or words/thoughts, and take responsibility, instead of blindily be squished and thrown in every possible way by "karma" and blame it on this "cruel world", like the Universe was built to stop them from growing.

I also say the same about the 12th House: magical yet highly misunderstood (Sun in Capricorn there, conjunct Jupiter). No house is automatically doomed (Saturn won't doom you either), where do people get such ideas? Just harder to handle, yes, comparatively speaking in the context of different societies, but it also pays off, in other ways.

(Also got Moon conj. Venus in Aqua., 1st House of Cappy)

Last edited: