Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 09-12-2016, 03:45 PM

Re: The planets don't influence you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro7 View Post
This reminds me of something I've heard and thought about in the past regarding astrology. Most people seem to think that Astrology is about the STARS having INFLUENCE ON US, when in reality I think it is much more likely that the stars and planets may possibly be merely a PARALLEL to what is going on in the universe at any given moment, but the massive objects themselves are NOT THE ACTUAL PHYSICAL INFLUENCERS - if that makes sense.

What I'm saying is that essentially people think the planets themselves are the ones making events happen, but I'm saying that the planets and their positions are simply the visual representation - a map if you will - of how different energies are currently interacting and exerting force in the universe - so it is a visual guide - not that the actual gravitational force of each specific planet is having a physical effect on humans from Earth.

CAPS for EMPHASIS lol.
Gravitation as the major force is way too weak anyway. I think we can rule that out as the major factor. A mechanical model cannot explain astrology. There are other models of the cosmos like the Electric Universe model which points to a force that is several billion times more powerful than gravity. With that model things make a lot more sense but it still can't explain astrology. A model that can't explain reincarnation can't explain astrology either. So I wouldn't count on science.

Julia Karmic Astrology (09-12-2016)
Unread 09-12-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Karmic Astrology View Post
And yes of course, there is no denying that we keep repeating relationship patterns over and over again which we can attribute to fated energies. I see your point then, it makes no difference if the marriage is arranged or self selected, the energies will create the same patterns no matter how the marriage was determined.

Julia
I picked up the book by Abraham-Hicks "The Vortex" in a bookshop today and had a quick dip into it. There is a section where the question is asked, "why do relationship problems keep on repeating?"

The answer was, that the person kept those experiences and that VIBRATION alive by dwelling on it, turning the experience over and over in their mind. The solution was to create a new vibration to allow a different manifestation. It wasn't specifically about astrology, but it does show that the free will aspect is about taking a set of aspects and making something better out of them, ie evolving your expression of an aspect.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Pea For This Useful Post:
Julia Karmic Astrology (09-12-2016)
Unread 09-12-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noraleader View Post
i'd extend this statement to *if* we define ourselves see my sig notes on epistemology...

..it's difficult to perceive anything if we already have our minds made up about it, and amazingly, if reading cosmology theories on the internet and picking the one you like the most, connects more than experiencing autonomous consciousness, then, one's self definition will always be fallible to where it was sourced.

(..i like the "reflect not influence" concept, if one considers that mirrors may be distorted, tilted at an angle and such.. imo the same thoughts can be applied to any experiential stigma, if planets, why not crickets.)
Sure, but in order to function properly in society, you have to act as a person, i.e. you need an ego and an identity.
Unread 09-12-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannon View Post
You could say that many followers of astrology over-estimate astrological influence, but this quote from Bashar goes too far in claiming no influence. Edgar Cayce stated 80% of life (outcomes) is free will, but the 20% of outer influence is still substantial.
The good old 80/20 rule!
Unread 09-12-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho View Post
Yes, every new Dasha period is basically seen as a new chapter and sub-periods as sub-chapters in your personal script of life. However, I've heard vedic astrologers say that if both marriage partners are in love with each other, then matchmaking charts aren't required anymore.

I see the original focus in vedic astrology mostly on moksha. So there's definitely always a bigger picture involved. So this experience doesn't really matter much in the bigger scheme. But you are right, in the classic texts there are even planetary combinations for experiencing heaven or hell after death.

That sounds a lot like Seth's approach.

The classical texts are really written that way, either sound health or plagued with severe illness, nothing in between. As a newbie who doesn't know how to synthesize a chart and put it all into perspective, it really can be depressing.

Thanks for clarifying, Julia. The way I see it western karmic astrology is mostly in alignment with the Seth material and not at all as rigid as I initially expected. That's good to know. My personal take would be more in alignment with the Abraham-Hicks approach, i.e. no lessons to learn or rungs on ladders to climb because it is intended to be a picnic and not as a test to prove our worthiness.
Muchacho,

Many thanks for the clarification and commentary.

Interesting that karmic astrology is more along the lines of Seth material, I hadn't thought of it that way, but yes that is correct. In terms of the A-H approach, I think I have some of the same thoughts as well. We are not meant to be martyrs or victims. We are meant to have happy fulfilled lives. But I would say that life on this planet is not a picnic. That is going to be my next life, I have already signed up for incarnation on a spa planet.

Julia
Unread 09-12-2016, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho View Post
Yeah, I think that's the main difference between Seth and Abraham-Hicks. The A-H focus is usually more on the moment we arrive here, prior to socialization. And so the outlook is definitely more optimistic, playful and empowering.
I like the bolded part. This is how the other side operates.
Discarnate beings who have passed over report this kind of environment in what we call Heaven. The beings there are not somber; they are upbeat, great sense of humor, joke around, and are quite empowering. So I agree totally with this description as something that we are meant to be on earth as well.

Julia
Unread 09-13-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
I picked up the book by Abraham-Hicks "The Vortex" in a bookshop today and had a quick dip into it. There is a section where the question is asked, "why do relationship problems keep on repeating?"

The answer was, that the person kept those experiences and that VIBRATION alive by dwelling on it, turning the experience over and over in their mind. The solution was to create a new vibration to allow a different manifestation. It wasn't specifically about astrology, but it does show that the free will aspect is about taking a set of aspects and making something better out of them, ie evolving your expression of an aspect.

I've got some quotes from A-H about astrology as well if you are interested.
Unread 09-13-2016, 02:39 PM

Yes please Muchacho!
Unread 09-13-2016, 02:47 PM

Julia, the Seth material is from the 60s and 70s. Could this be also the time karmic astrology became popular in the west? Just wondering.

I'm not sure if you've read about it in the Seth books, but there's also a 'Seth 2' as Jane phrased it. Seth 1 is the personality that dictated about 99.9% of the Seth material. But I remember at least one or two occasions where Seth 1 handed over to Seth 2 who spoke from a much 'higher realm' than the usual Seth 1. And the Seth 2 perspective is quite different from Seth 1. Probably more in alignment with A-H.
Unread 09-13-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
Yes please Muchacho!
Alrighty, here's one:

Quote:
Question: Those astrological configurations of oneself have a defining or fating factor as astrology states?

Abraham: Everything we are talking about is about creating. And creating is about thinking. And thinking is about setting a vibration in motion and the trajectory for this life experience did not start the day you were born. There was a trajectory that you had set into motion, and the precise timing and placement of your birth, perfect in every aspect, no exceptions, to what you were intending, to the trajectory from your non-physical resistance-free perspective. It's misunderstood and so many astrologers are trying to make it more cut-and-dried than we are able to do.

Excerpted from Sedona, AZ - March 15, 2014
Sweet Pea (09-13-2016)

Tags
influence, planets