Leonard Nimoy (Spock)

waybread

We may note that I give my location as a Class M planet near you. I prefer Star Trek TNG, but Nimoy had several guest appearances on that series.

The Astrodienst Astro-DataBank gives him an 8:30 am birth time, but with a Rodden DD rating.

Nimoy had sun conjunct Uranus and Mercury in Aries. Perfect for a Star Trek actor.

I believe that a few years ago, Leonard Nimoy was interviewed by someone as to his opinion of western astrology.

Apparently, during the interview, he claimed that he was interested in astrology and even said that some (unknown) astrologer had done his birth chart, once, and that he claimed that he had Scorpio rising.

-HM

Kannon

Yes, waybread and horarymaster, I have noted both those times/Asc signs on my blog entry.

Will either one of you take the challenge?

JUPITERASC

Last year, the actor revealed he was suffering chronic lung disease COPD, despite stopping smoking 30 years ago.
It was reported earlier this week he had been taken to hospital on 19 February after suffering from chest pains.
He later tweeted: "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory."
He signed off what was to be his final tweet with "LLAP"
- a reference to his character's famous catchphrase, "Live long and prosper".
:smile:

_81299728_81299727.jpg

piercethevale

It's been a long week of death for me.
On Monday my cousin Jack passed away. He was but six months older and like a brother when I was growing up.

On Thursday, another cousin, Alan, lost his father in law and we all lost a fine American, Lt General U.S.A.F., Carlos Talbott passed away.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Talbott

:alien:...and now Mr. Spock....:alien: and on my younger brothers birthday too:surprised:

"...You know, they're not really dead if we find a way to remember them by" with acknowledgement to Doc "Bones" McCoy Deforest Kelly

piercethevale

The Vulcan hand gesture to signify "Live Long and Prosper'' also is "... a slight modification of the Hebrew gesture forming the letter 'Shin', which represents the name 'Shaddai' meaning 'Almighty' (God). This gesture is still used today by orthodox Jews of the Kohanim, which are priests descended from Ahron by the patrilineal line. These Kohanim form a subset of the descendants of the priestly Levite tribe.

The Kohanim use the Shin gesture during a blessing ceremony, the nesiat kapayim or the 'Priestly Blessing', that accompanies the prayer service. The actual Jewish blessing is done with both hands, not just one, extended outward. In this gesture, the arms are then held at a roughly 45 degree angle, level with the shoulders, as opposed to the completely vertical salute fashion in the 'live long in prosper' version of the gesture."

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index...er-hand-gesture-was-originally-a-jewish-sign/

waybread

Sorry about your losses, PTV,

Yes, waybread and horarymaster, I have noted both those times/Asc signs on my blog entry.

Regretfully, not this time. I find chart rectification (without software that's supposed to make it a snap) to be very time-consuming. And then there's no way to check whether you got it right or not.

Without a specific birth time I am more likely just to go with whole signs, and then not to extract more from such a chart than it can offer.

Sorry Kannon, I will pass, as well. Rectification requires the time to do it properly, but I am too busy right now with other projects.

HM

piercethevale

I would want to go with a Gemini Asc. as for the reason he was an actor.
As most astrologers know, Gemini and Aquarius are the two signs that do occur noticeably in the charts of the great thespians.

A birth time of 8:30 am gave Leonard an Asc. in the 8th degree of Gemini. I find that a bit interesting as for the fact that it is the same degree as the Part of Destiny for the chart I ascribe to as being the natal chart of the USA {I'm also a bit taken by the fact his natal Venus was conj. my Moon and his Mercury my Venus} An 8:30 am time also gives a Moon/Mercury quintile, a Moon/Uranus quintile and a Moon/Neptune quintile...but the Moon/Mercury quintile is "the ticket" ...imho.

Now here's what about knocked me out of my chair this morning...
:andy:SEPTILES... and there are a bountiful of them.:surprised:

Check it out Venus/N. Node. Venus/Uranus, Venus/Mercury and if it was apprx 8:30 am, all of the above are in turn Septile to the Asc. {although an Asc. in the 7th deg. of Gemini would really rock this chart}
Marc Edmond Jones called the Septile "an aspect of fatality"
...and it was a Uranus return, right back in Septile aspect to that Asc.

For everyones convenience, a Septile is 51* 25' 42.8556" or 51* 25' 43"
A Bi-Septile is 102* 51' 25.7112" or 102* 51' 26"

the Tri-Septile is 154* 17' 08.5668' or 154* 17' 09"

Last edited:

piercethevale

A Mid Haven in the 10th degree of Aquarius is quite fitting too, as for the Sabian Symbol it has and the fact that the M.C. represents either the "HOW" or the "WHY" {depending on whether it is being interpreted for the spiritual concerns or that of the mundane, of ones life} of the dharma of ones' chart axis.{it also happens to be the placement of my Part of Soul}

Check it out ...from Dane Rudhyar's book on the Sabian Symbols, "An Astrological Mandala", the 10th degree of Aquarius:

"AQUARIUS 10°: A MAN WHO HAD FOR A TIME BECOME THE EMBODIMENT OF A POPULAR IDEAL IS MADE TO REALIZE THAT AS A PERSON HE IS NOT THIS IDEAL.

KEYNOTE: The need to deal with human beings as persons rather than as screens upon which one projects one's dream and ideal.

Here we have a final statement on the relationship between mental-spiritual vision and living reality, between persons and the ideal they appear to incarnate, between the 'great lover Image' and one's need for love — a love his presence stimulated and aroused. The 'star' on the movie screen is not the actual person. The star's popularity fades away, the person remains. What has this episode of popularity actually done to the person? This is a question that can be applied to a great variety of circumstances.

This fifth symbol in the sixty-second sequence brings to our attention an issue that is basic and may confront us in various forms. Person versus archetype. This can mean a critical need for SELF-REVALUATION."

...that's about as appropriate as it can get... imho

Last edited:

Kannon

On first glance I also favored an AM time with Gemini rising. But we have the Moon as rectification factor here.

adam-data-sheet-moon-venus1.gif

This Venus factor at 4 Cancer of his son Adam's is not only an indicator of a likely Moon position for his father (which would require a PM birth), but indicates in its declination pos of 18N49 the MC of a 29 Libra chart I am testing that is turning out very good so far. Almost picture perfect. Such a chart puts the Moon at 3CAN20.

I have not officially eliminated Scorpio rising charts, but expect I may be able to soon.

JUPITERASC

Name Nimoy, Leonard

Birthname Leonard Simon Nimoy
born on 26 March 1931 at 08:30 (= 08:30 AM )
Place Boston, Massachusetts, 42n22, 71w04
Timezone EST h5w (is standard time)
Data source Conflicting/unverified
Rodden Rating DD
http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Nimoy,_Leonard

Alternative rectified time
Rectified by Isaac Starkman

Date 26 March 1931 at 20:31:28 (= 8:31 PM )
Place Boston, MA (US), 42n22, 71w04
Timezone EST h5w (is standard time)

Source Notes:
Mary MacKenzie quotes a letter from his mom in Mercury Hour 7/1983, "between 8:00 and 9:00 AM." :smile:

HOWEVER

Marion March quotes him on a TV show that he was an Aries with Scorpio rising
which equates to between 8:00 and 9:00 PM

Starkman rectified to 20.31.28 EST

Isaac Starkman is a Professional astrologer in Israel, specializing in birth time rectification
http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Starkman,_Isaac

Starkman worked closely with the German astrologer Alexander Marr
and
he is the author of the automated rectification program Polaris which implements Marr's technique.
In 1993 he collaborated with Marr in writing the book Astrologers, Kings, Politicians and others, Part II.

Over the years 1996-2005 Starkman published some articles in Gillman's journal Considerations
http://www.freeconsiderations.com as well as in other journals.
Starkman is an active Astro-Databank contributor since several years, and an Astro-Databank editor since July 2012.

piercethevale

On first glance I also favored an AM time with Gemini rising. But we have the Moon as rectification factor here.

adam-data-sheet-moon-venus1.gif

This Venus factor at 4 Cancer of his son Adam's is not only an indicator of a likely Moon position for his father (which would require a PM birth), but indicates in its declination pos of 18N49 the MC of a 29 Libra chart I am testing that is turning out very good so far. Almost picture perfect. Such a chart puts the Moon at 3CAN20.

I have not officially eliminated Scorpio rising charts, but expect I may be able to soon.

Yeah, but then you'd have neither a Gemini rising or a Gemini Moon... that's a hard sell here, Buddy.

Although I've never worked with this Father to child technique you are using... I'll with hold judgement until i can noodle around with it and see what I find

CapAquaPis

Naturally, Leonard Nimoy was ideal to play an alien in a sci-fi drama and as Mr Spock became a pop culture icon. :alien: Nimoy later hosted a 1970's paranormal series "In Search of". May his legacy live long and prosper like he had in his life.

JUPITERASC

Naturally, Leonard Nimoy was ideal to play an alien in a sci-fi drama and as Mr Spock became a pop culture icon. :alien:
Nimoy later hosted a 1970's paranormal series "In Search of". May his legacy live long and prosper like he had in his life.
Leonard Nimoy played other roles also :smile:

_72597362_72597361.jpg

Kannon

piercethevale,

What I described previously is not a 'father-son' technique. Its a slice of good rectification methodology in which you make the most of all the information available about a person and their life. Because synastry in all close relations is significant and almost always shows the bonds of close parallels and conjunctions between charts, it often can be used to narrow down (a) Moon position (b) Asc/MC. And making a decision, if possible, about the Moon sign/position can itself make the determination between two disparate general times of day.

Gemini rising is not necessary for either an actor or a person of diverse talents. I'm exploring possibilities based on what I cannot yet eliminate with certainty. A PM time with either Scorpio rising or late Libra rising shouldn't be too difficult to take since it puts at least the Sun in the 5th house of creative output and with Pisces on the cusp.

I haven't worked any more on this, but will come back to it.