Random Thoughts, strictly Text

leomoon

I had a Sagittarian friend (4 planets). Strangely she was an excessive walker, too. We used to compare notes on walking routes and how long it took on foot, walking speed, frequency etc. CEO Carter would have seen this as the perfect Sagittarius friendship.

My late mother born 12/14/22 was also an excessive walker, way before it became popular to do so. She walked to work, miles per day in snowstorms 3 feet deep over a bridge, just because they "needed her" (long distance operator)
She walked daily everywhere,never drove until she was in her 60s. By contrast, I NEVER walk much unless I have to (Capricorn, Sun-Merc-Mars) 6th house. (depleted energy)

One time she walked from her house all the way up a huge hill called Broadway, to the Church Home Hospital (and back home), to pay a 30 cent bill she rec'd in the mail from them, thinking it was $30.00:sad: Mom hated having anyone sending letters of past due anything. So it was to her "urgent" to do this.

This hill is unbelievable to get to this hospital, much like San Francisco hills traversed by trolly cars you see on TV.
Its the same hospital that Edgar Allan Poe died in.

conspiracy theorist

Interesting leomoon. Walking is popular? I didn't realize. Unless you're talking about those people who put on tight clothing and do paces in the mornings before work. My style is a bit more casual, and I prefer to do my walking on days when speed is optional. Like I'd only do the kind of things your mom did if I had the entire day to burn.

leomoon

What’s your handwriting like?

It use to be cursive and beautiful. But then again, thats because we were not allowed any other type of handwriting in Catholic primary schools, or our fingers would be hit with a ruler by a nun!

Its gone downhill in recent years, I don't bother with it anymore. Before long I may just use "X" and be done with it. :biggrin:

david starling

Sun ingressing tropical Scorpio in 4 hours.

Moon is separating from a conjunction with Pluto, and applying for its conjunction with Saturn in tropical Capricorn in 10 hours. :pinched:

Bunraku

It use to be cursive and beautiful. But then again, thats because we were not allowed any other type of handwriting in Catholic primary schools, or our fingers would be hit with a ruler by a nun!

Its gone downhill in recent years, I don't bother with it anymore. Before long I may just use "X" and be done with it. :biggrin:

What’s your opinion on the decline of the use of cursive?

People see it as antiquated, but it’s often taught as part of language arts classes which help build an appreciation for the aesthetics of the English language.

And people complain that art education is being cut, but in reality people just don’t want to do it . Why do it when we have keyboards! I’m guilty of this. :lol:

leomoon

What’s your opinion on the decline of the use of cursive?

People see it as antiquated, but it’s often taught as part of language arts classes which help build an appreciation for the aesthetics of the English language.

And people complain that art education is being cut, but in reality people just don’t want to do it . Why do it when we have keyboards! I’m guilty of this. :lol:

I think its rather sad that children today aren't taught (sans a beating with a ruler :pinched: ) to write their alphabet on those lined pads until its a nice script, and anyone can do it with patience and forbearance.

But maybe we were hit with rulers because the nuns wanted all of us to be right handed too, (I can't recall now) :pouty: too long ago.

I'm sadder about what has happened to the English language overall, all the misspellings and lack of care, even the POTUS who has no excuse with "word check" (as most have) on their computers and cell phones)

PLUS - what really bothers me too is how quickly in the U.S. A. (I don't know about other countries), but here, there is a repetition of a certain phrase which is not necessary and serves no useful purpose at all. The phrase is repeated so often by all the hosts on TV that its ridiculous.

For example: Phrases

"At the end of the day"
"Moving Foward"
"In terms of" :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: like "how much is that in terms of money?" Horrible! Superfluous to the subject matter. But they ALL do it incessantly.

(Back in the 80s everyone started saying visa-vie)
(back in the 70s 'Purple important" ) to express the importance of something...:pinched:

example:
"In the olden days, we had strange hairstyles, "vis a vie" (instead of saying as example or like)
Glad that one wore old and is gone!!!!

Definition of vis-à-vis

(Entry 1 of 3)

1 : in relation to

2 : as compared with

3 : face-to-face with

I have no Virgo in my chart either except for my 3rd house Ruler is Virgo on cusp Mercury -:) My father was Virgo Sun and was very careful with language and spelling, never telling us an answer instead he'd say "look it up for yourself" in the dictionaries we had. No short-cuts allowed.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Last edited:

Bunraku

I love how clear newscasters speak, but I don’t think they have any idea how much they contributed to eliminating a lot of local and unique speech patterns/accents in favor of a nationalized/standardized way of speaking.

It does sound professional, I’ll give you that, but very corporate and lacking in meaning. I feel like this type of language is meant to obscure things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS59avkxyeg

I actually hear people talking like this in real life...in their day to day conversations outside of work. Horrifying!

conspiracy theorist

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=83538&d=1577972454

What’s your opinion on this chart y’all?
I don’t like that Venus is in the 6th sign.

But the night planets dominating this seems pretty ethereal. So I’m thinking she floats around in a see through gown, but if you look past the gown it’s just sparkles and orbs. In the 6th house, she probably haunts her place of work.

That grand trine looks beautiful. Probably highly creative; what's her gripe?