Question about Dushtasthana

leomoon

I was reading about these houses since depending upon WHICH chart I use, (whole signs, vs Placidius), my planets from the 6th fall in the 7th house which in Vedic is a better house then the 6th. My life however, has certainly been a hallmark for 6th house planets so it can be confusing hence, I was reading up here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viparita_Raja_yoga

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morarji_Desai

example: I have had terrible health issues all chronic all my life (60 years of migraine headaches, in early adult age- skin problems psoriasis until only recently during a Pluto transit I was able to finally have this under control. I've been sued many times (all the same issues) from a real estate career I had once upon a time, always the same thing. This is now past and settled.

I my case, the lord of my 6th is Mars and Mars is located in the placidius or unequal 6th house.

So you see WHY I believe I have a Dushtasthana 6th house Mercury Sun Mars because of the life experiences.
Yet. when using Whole Signs, these same planets move into the 7th house. What happens to the theory then?

The question therefore, is not about my own chart so much about the theory itself. For example, I found this on Wiki: regarding Viparita Raja yoga -

In the case of a Pisces lagna born, who had the lord of the 12th exalted in the 12th and the lord of the 8th was in the 6th, no Viparita Raja yoga resulted because of the lord of the 2nd and the 9th joining the lord of the 8th. Morarji Desai, the former Prime Minister of India, was born with Viparita Raja yoga and he had duly availed the benefits of this yoga; he had Venus occupying the 8th house as the lord of the 12th house from the Lagna
https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Desai,_Morarjee

When I looked at his natal chart (Whole Sign ) I see that 12th house is ruled by lord Venus found in 8th house, but I don't know how this becomes "availed" Duly availed meaning - of the more negative of the 8th connotations or??

Morarjee Desai was not a Pisces Lagna born - or was he?

Click for full image chart -

Last edited:

leomoon

Vedic astrology uses a lot of turned houses - from lagna (Ascendant), from Chandra (moon) - and divisional charts, splitting houses up into pieces.

The person with Pisces lagna used as an example does not benefit from the particular yoga you are referring to, that’s all they are saying. There was no benefit because the malefic house rulers were in aspect to benefic house rulers, iiuc. Desai on the other hand had a different chart and did benefit.

There are some free Vedic astrology softwares available that are easier to use than astrodienst. The system differs so much from modern tropical astrology. I get tripped up looking at the different systems using the same framework!!

He did go to jail for 7 years which is in keeping too with the malefic 12th. I just didn't "get" what they meant by the words:"duly availed"

Morarji Desai, the former Prime Minister of India, was born with Viparita Raja yoga and he had duly availed the benefits of this yoga;
Does "duly availed" mean he was relieved then by the more malefic or sinister things we associate with the 8th house (as well as the 6th & 12th) all being in what Vedic terms the "functional malefic "houses.

Thanks for responding Passiflora! :)