The Reverse Lot of Eros

piercethevale

Howdy, ya' all.
This is yet another thread I am initiating to demonstrate that the Astrological Parts are symbolically active ...(as to the degree symbols known collectively as the Sabian Symbols)
The Hermetic lot of Eros (Asc. + Venus - Part of Soul/Spirit) reveals through the Sabian Symbol found for the degree it is derived to be at the kind of people we consciously (or inherently without conscious thought towards the matter) seek as our compaNions on our spiritual path.

That which I derived from the chart I contend is the birth chart of the man known presently as Jesus (Yeshu'a) of Nazareth is in the 25th degree of Leo.
Read the following and most of you of Christian faith and or upbringing should be able to easily see the connection. From Dane Rudhyar's book on the Sabian Symbols, "An Astrological Mandala", the following:

"LEO 25°: A LARGE CAMEL IS SEEN CROSSING A VAST AND FORBIDDING DESERT.

KEYNOTE
:
Self-sufficiency in the face of a long and exhausting adventure.

The camel here represents a living organism that is able to sustain itself independently of its environment at the start of a trying journey. (The original formulation of the symbol did not refer to 'a man on camel back'.) The organism carries within itself what is absolutely needed for survival. At the deeper human level of consciousness it is easy to see the value of self-reliance and self-sufficiency as one enters the occult Path leading to a more dynamic and more inclusive realm of existence.

The camel carries water within its body, and it is said that the dromedary is able to utilize the matter stored in its large protuberance as food. The suggestion here is that in order to be released from bondage to the 'old world' we should be completely self-contained emotionally; having absorbed the mental food which this old culture has given us, we are ready to face "the desert," nothingness, Sunya . . . until we reach the 'new world'. We need
TOTAL INDEPENDENCE from our surroundings and utter SELF-RELIANCE."

"Give away all your earthly treasures and follow me." He said
"A voice cries out, "Even in the desert, a path for our God'."

Another example is that derived from the natal chart of the USA (the "Zero Hour" chart, i.e. 12:00:01 A.M. July 4, 1776. Philadelphia, Penn.) It is in the 7th degree of Aquarius and conjunct the S. Node (My N. Node...and btw the 25th of Leo is my M.C. and Part of Fortune)
(ibid.)

"AQUARIUS 7°: A CHILD IS SEEN BEING BORN OUT OF AN EGG.

KEYNOTE:
The emergence of new mutations according to the great rhythms of the cosmos.

The ancient symbolism of the Cosmic Egg (Hiranyagharba in Sanskrit) out of which a new universe is born can be interpreted at several levels. Here we see the appearance of a new type of human being who is not born from 'Ancestors' and who therefore is free from the inertia of mankind's past. He is a new product of evolution, a mutant. He constitutes a fresh projection of the creative Spirit that emanates from the cosmic or planetary Whole, and not from any local culture and racial tradition.

This second stage symbol is in contrast with the preceding one. It can be said to announce the
EMERGENCE OF GLOBAL MAN for the New Age. The power of the whole is focused within him in perfect freedom from ancient standards of value based on local conditions.

I think it's easy to see why the 7th of Aquarius is the S. Node for the USA as it was those kind of men that were the forefathers of the Union yet they are the type of people we, as an American society, seek from other societies as our comrades, our spiritual brethren, on the nations spiritual journey>

The reverse formula for the Part of Eros (Asc. + Part of Soul - Venus) reveals through the Sabian Symbol found for the degree of the Tropical Zodiac it is found in those people that seek you as to be their companion on their spiritual paths.

For an example mine is in the 12th of Virgo. (ibid.)

"VIRGO 12°: AFTER THE WEDDING, THE GROOM SNATCHES THE VEIL AWAY FROM HIS BRIDE.

KEYNOTE:
The penetrating and unveiling power of the trained mind.

In contrast to the preceding symbol we have now a scene stressing a physical action with psychological and/or spiritual overtones. In ancient cosmologies the male god often appears in three roles as son, husband and father of the woman element of nature. Nature is fulfilled by the human mind and will that overcome her; she resists only better to be subdued by the power that transcends her, and by transcending her gives her a spiritual meaning. The element of "'training' in the symbolic scene comes from the fact that there has been a marriage ritual; thus the sociocultural factor is in the background. The teacher-guru is here the priest who has performed the ritual.

At this second stage the rules are reversed, the masculine element assuming the dynamic positive part in the great play of polarity. The masculine act balances the feminine dream visualization. The Keyword is
UNVEILING. There can also be an unveiling of mysteries, long protected by secrecy.

... I didn't discover that for a number of years after I chose to go by the online name of piercethevale... kind of fits, doesn't it?:wink::biggrin:
ptv

piercethevale

The Reverse Part of Eros derived from the natal chart for the USA (again, the "Zero Hour" chart mentioned in the above post) calculates to be at 06° Cancer 34' 14" and while the Sabian Symbology may seem odd to many Americans, mostly because of the predominate Christian faith, of the fundamentalist variety, that is among its people it likely comes as no surprise to a great many other Americans and people of other nations.
This may be especially so to those that support theories that aa good number of the forefathers of this nation were members of various fraternal organizations that, is believed, have far more occult associations, or leanings, than is generally let known to mainstream society.

The 20th century was a time of yearning for deeper understanding of humankinds' spiritual nature and fostered a great interest and acceptance of religious theology from the Orient.
As a college friend of mine said about the San Francisco Bay Area region in the early 1970's, "This region is swarming with Swamis.
I was a regular attendee (a groupie, if it pleases you?) of the "Guru circuit" in those days. Anytime one came to California I generally made an effort to have "darshan" as I was in search of one that would accept me as a chela, or sisya, (student or disciple) not knowing at the time that I already had "my guru" (I am a sisya of the bij, OM, as explained by Swami Sivananda in his book on Japa Yoga, Himalayan Press. My only guru, sadguru {archetype} is the 'Word of God" itself. Kind of appropriate for one who was born and raised as an 11th generation Quaker here in America, don't you think? i.e. The Quaker faith has no priests as we are taught to "Listen to the Inner Voice", in the belief that if we are pious enough that "Inner Voice" we hear is the "Voice of God". My family has been Free Quaker since 1778 and thus we are of the original, "old school", Quaker Faith as originally founded by Geo. Fox, i.e. "Waiting Worship").

From Dane Rudhyar's book on the Sabian Symbols, "An Astrological Mandala: The Cycle of Transformations and Its 360 Symbolic Phases", the 7th degree of Cancer is given as thus:

"CANCER 7°: TWO NATURE SPIRITS DANCING UNDER THE MOONLIGHT.

KEYNOTE:
The play of invisible forces in all manifestations of life.

To the clairvoyant who visualized these symbolic scenes, the nature spirits (or fairies) most likely were thought of as more or less imaginary or ideal creations. At least they were linked with hidden and mysterious processes in nature, and the 'moonlight' emphasizes this otherworldly or elusive character. Thus a contrast is implied between this character and the concrete and material process of building a nest for a physical progeny. The basic concept is that behind all vital processes one can perceive occult forces at work. They operate within a realm often called "astral" or 'etheric'; and the moon has a deep influence upon that realm, releasing special solar rays of occult potency.

This is the second stage of the twentieth sequence. It contrasts the invisible with the visible, the inner with the outer, the dream and the ideal with everyday reality. In a sense this refers to man's
CREATIVE IMAGINATION."

It should be known to all that Dane came to America from France as a composer of orchestral compositions. A few years after He arrived He was invited to come to Los Angeles to compose some music for a play that was being presented by the American branch of the Theosophical Society by none other than Annie Besant, whom also encouraged his writing on the subject of Astrology and published his first book on the subject as well.
(Dane's first wife was the personal secretary to Leadbetter ...as I have been told...but don't quote me on that. ptv)

The sentence in which He wrote of solar rays of occult potency is kind of a dead giveaway>

That the 7th degree of Cancer with its attendant Sabian Symbol seems all the less so far fetched as for it being the Symbolic description of the kind of people, or orientation of such people, that seek American society to be of their association for their lifelong journey upon the spiritual path when it is placed alongside the Sabian Symbol for the Part of Soul/Spirit derived from the natal chart of the USA (the "Zero Hour" chart) which calculates to be at 17° Virgo 18' 24" (ibid.)

"VIRGO 18°: A OUIJA BOARD.

KEYNOTE:
The ability to contact deeper recesses of the unconscious psyche and sensitiveness to psychic intimations and omens.

The ouija board is to be considered here a modern device similar to many ancient instruments used for divination and prophecy. Certain states of threshold consciousness are stimulated by such a use, and what the experience produces may vary greatly in quality and in origin. The release of unconscious material has lost the explosive force pictorialized in the preceding symbol, yet at this stage there is still no conscious and willful control over what reaches the ego-consciousness.

This is the third stage of the thirty-fourth sequence of symbolic phases in the life process. It is at best a stage of transition which stresses a passive openness to the unknown. The glamour of it may subtly pervert the mind of the aspirant; but in some cases, this can be the first manifestation of
INNER GUIDANCE. The difficulty is to correctly evaluate what or who does the guiding."

Association for Research and Enlightenment (A.R.E., the group founded by the friends and family of the late, renowned 20th century american clairvoyant, Edgar Cayce) member, lecturer, and author Robert Wm. Krajenke whose special fields of interest were " creation, the Bible and the metaphysical origins of America" wrote a couple of magnificent articles for the July 1976 edition of the A.R.E. Journal. In those articles He revealed a strong conviction of the importance of the Quaker influence upon the thirteen colonies that were to become the United States and gave a great deal of credit to the Quakers for establishing their colony of Pennsylvania and their "City of Brotherly Love", Philadelphia, as being of the primary influence upon the manner, and means, by which the United States was founded and also as to its destiny. He was of the opinion that it was the "vibrations" given off by the environment of Philadelphia that kept the proceedings of a very spiritual purport and development.

If you recall what I mentioned earlier in this post as to the original beliefs of the Quaker faith pertaining to "listening to the "Inner Voice", is it any wonder that the Sabian Symbol for the Part of Soul of the nation is described by Dane's Keywords as "INNER GUIDENCE"?:wink::smile:

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

Thanks for posting these, piercethevale.

I find it very interesting that Yeshuas lot of Eros has to do with "indepenence" and "self sufficiency" as he had to rely solely on his own inner voice. (Consider the belief that all his disciples were said to have denied him at the 11th hour..)

And let's not forget the degree for his reverse lot of Eros which is in 8 scorpio.

"A CALM LAKE BATHED IN MOONLIGHT.

KEYNOTE: A quiet openness to higher inspiration.

One could stress the romantic suggestions such an image evokes, but even at the level of a love relationship what is implied is a surrender of two personal egos to the inspiration of transcendent feelings which are essentially impersonal. Love expresses itself through the lovers, for real Love is a cosmic undifferentiated principle or power which simply focuses itself within the "souls" of human beings who reflect its light. The same is true of the mystic's love for God. Man strives hard to achieve great things through daring adventures, but a moment comes when all that really matters is to present a calm mind upon which a supernal light may be reflected.

This is the third stage of the forty-fourth five-fold sequence. It tells us that beyond all efforts lays the need for peace and the readiness to accept the illumination from above. The Keyword is QUIESCENCE.

Note the line.. "the surrender of... personal egos to the inspiration of transcendent feelings which are essentially impersonal."

Last edited:

piercethevale

Thanks for posting these, piercethevale.

I find it very interesting that Yeshuas lot of Eros has to do with "indepenence" and "self sufficiency" as he had to rely solely on his own inner voice. (Consider the belief that all his disciples were said to have denied him at the 11th hour..)

And let's not forget the degree for his reverse lot of Eros which is in 8 scorpio.

"A CALM LAKE BATHED IN MOONLIGHT.

KEYNOTE: A quiet openness to higher inspiration.

One could stress the romantic suggestions such an image evokes, but even at the level of a love relationship what is implied is a surrender of two personal egos to the inspiration of transcendent feelings which are essentially impersonal. Love expresses itself through the lovers, for real Love is a cosmic undifferentiated principle or power which simply focuses itself within the "souls" of human beings who reflect its light. The same is true of the mystic's love for God. Man strives hard to achieve great things through daring adventures, but a moment comes when all that really matters is to present a calm mind upon which a supernal light may be reflected.

This is the third stage of the forty-fourth five-fold sequence. It tells us that beyond all efforts lays the need for peace and the readiness to accept the illumination from above. The Keyword is QUIESCENCE.

Note the line.. "the surrender of... personal egos to the inspiration of transcendent feelings which are essentially impersonal."
Purrr - fect:happy: