New Moon May 28 - This one is a looker!

Phoenix Venus

Greetings. This new moon coming up is a very dynamic one as there are a lot of major chart points coming into play.

The new moon takes place at Gemini 8 and this happens to be the same degree as USA's part of destiny and part of astrology!

Here is the sabian symbol for that degree, taken from Dane Rudhyar's "An Astrological Mandala":

"AROUSED STRIKERS SURROUND A FACTORY.

KEYNOTE: The disruptive power of the ambitious mind upon the organic wholeness of human relationship.

We are dealing in this sequence of symbols with man's discovery of the new powers residing in his special contribution to the total organism of this planet Earth —his consciousness and aggressive mind. The first stage (Phase 66) dealt with oil, the typical form of energy which the modern mind has made available. (These symbols were revealed before atomic energy was even thought of as a practical possibility.) Now we see in this new symbol a pictorial indication of what the use of this intellect-generated energy inevitably leads to: industrial unrest and violence. As man manages to rape the earth in order to demonstrate his power and intensify his pleasures and his sense of proud mastery, conflicts and disruptive processes are inevitably initiated.

The arousal is presented to us here in its collective social form because we have reached the emotional-cultural level. The type of power generated by the analytical intellectual faculties is essentially disruptive; it is based on the destruction of matter, and invites egocentric hoarding and spoliation —and, in general, privileges of one kind or another. This leads to a REVOLT AGAINST PRIVILEGES."

As the new moon represents new beginnings... could this be an advantageous time for people in America to stand up for their rights?

.... and take a look at that chart axis!!!! Phewwweeeeee.

And there is more. Stay tuned over the next couple of days as the new moon approaches and i dissect this chart further.

here it is:

astro_2gw_424_may_28_new_moon.73863.31585_zpsvngwtes8.gif

Pluto2909

Thanks a lot !
Could you tell us more about how to interpret such a chart for individual matters ? Just if you dare... Thanks anyway ! :innocent:

Phoenix Venus

Hi Pluto2009,

Well... it wholly depends on how the chart is interacting with your own. I'm a big practitioner of the arabic parts so if you know the calculations for all of those in your chart, it can help immensley.

to give you a few examples:

If the new moon was conjunct your part of mental transformation, then it might be an important day for you and you might find that some new information comes to light.

if one of the axis points was conjunct one o your planets.... lets say the ac was conjunct your moon... you might feel the effects of the new moon more dynamically. Then you would want to look up the sabian symbol for that degree for modification on what those effects might be.

its kind of difficult to give a demonstration with just a few specific examples and no chart to look at, but you might get the idea.

i will be comparing it to the USA chart (and possibly Yeshuas too..) hopefully later whhen i get the chance in the upcoming few days.... and you would apply it to a natal in a similar manner.

Flapjacks

Looks like new moon is conjunct my Ascendant 2 minutes. Have no idea what that might mean.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the USA chart, Phoenix rising! That Mercury looks important.

piercethevale

Wow... that chart axis!:andy:

...this is something coming the U.S.A.'s way...that's for sure.

Good to see you on the ball here, P.V.
Good lookin' out!:rightful:

Phoenix Venus

Looks like new moon is conjunct my Ascendant 2 minutes. Have no idea what that might mean.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the USA chart, Phoenix rising! That Mercury looks important.

Hi flapjacks. The conjunction would suggest a certain level of import to you.... it might be something to consider to look further into your charts connection to the new moon chart.

Yeah, mercury certainly is a point of interest in this chart. Not only is in the last degree of it's own sign, but also ruling the sun and moon. it is also conjunct the Mc which is the spiritual "HOW" of a chart. this means that the nature of events will likely revolve around the concept of communication and the mind.

Now here's the kicker. Mercury is conjunct USA's natal part of commerce @ 29.44 gemini. How very fitting!

Here is the sabian symbol for this degree [ibid]

"A PARADE OF BATHING BEAUTIES BEFORE LARGE BEACH CROWDS.

KEYNOTE: The setting of social standards through personal excellence and competition.

In this very American scene we see a very ancient and basic process which can operate at several levels. Society sets certain collectively acceptable cultural standards, and recompenses by prestige and fame the persons who embody them, physically or mentally. This generates emulation and the desire to bring the social images to their most perfect and concrete manifestation. The archetypal image or canon of proportion is thus carnated for all to behold and be fascinated by. The process of exteriorization is completed.

This is the last phase of the sixth scene. In the zodiac the spring season came to a close. It is summer solstice. Fulfillment leads to new demand upon the individual human consciousness. The SHOW is over. Now comes the decision."

Flapjacks

It's interesting doing a chart like this because you don't really know everything going on for the country... only what we hear in news media or if we are fortunate to privy to certain events. What comes to mind though is the information security issues that have become increasingly more obvious to the public.

I have no idea how this chart relates to mine... it's only for a day. I don't see much else going on except t. Venus square my sun/moon opposition. Neptune is almost exact square my ASC, and Pluto is conjunct Mars, but that's been going on for a while. -sigh- I'm not seeing tomorrow as being much different from yesterday! :lol:

Last edited:

piercethevale

I will throw this in the mix to cover a bit for you Phoenix V:
[as I just wrote the following to my friend, Clarisse, i can simply copy and paste]

Whoa... I just noticed that the M.C. is conjunct the USA's natal Part of Treachery. While that is not a Part that we've worked with yet and have no confirmation for that title being derived from Asc. + Neptune - Sun, and for the U.S.A. is @ 01* Cancer 15' 32". Using the Yeshu'a chart as a template, His is at 13* Taurus 16' and while the Sabian symbol and 'Keynote' interpretation by Rudhyar may seem confusing as to what it means to the Prince of Peace as concerning "Treachery": TAURUS 14°: ON THE BEACH, CHILDREN PLAY WHILE SHELLFISH GROPE AT THE EDGE OF THE WATER.
KEYNOTE: Returning to simpler joys for revitalization"

I think that Rudhyar's 'Keywords' summation says it all: "a LIVE AND LET LIVE attitude"

I guess I may as well also give the Sabian for the Part of Treachery of the USA...to follow briefly

Phoenix Venus

It's interesting doing a chart like this because you don't really know everything going on for the country... only what we hear in news media or if we are fortunate to privy to certain events. What comes to mind though is the information security issues that have become increasingly more obvious to the public.

I have no idea how this chart relates to mine... it's only for a day. I don't see much else going on except t. Venus square my sun/moon opposition. Neptune is almost exact square my ASC, and Pluto is conjunct Mars, but that's been going on for a while. -sigh- I'm not seeing tomorrow as being much different from yesterday! :lol:

Hehe.. well i would be inclined to say that a new moon chart is not just a day. The chart cast for the exact moment is symbolic of the pure latent energy that builds up and coalesces into the full moon.

so the new moon is the potential energy to be manifested, worked on, brought out into the world.... and the full moon represents the outpouring of that energy... the fruits of the labor....

I would suggest looking into your arabic lots, they will explain the situation a lot more intricately than the planets alone can....

venus squaring your full moon with the new moon conj your asc... that seems significant in that there is the double involvement of the sun/moon dynamic here..... interesting as venus is about love, sun represents the sacred masculine and moon the sacred feminine.... seems to do with relations for you... but again its difficult to say without having a chart and spending quite a bit of time looking into your arabic parts...

Last edited:

piercethevale

So given what is derived from using the Yeshu'a chart as a "template" {a Rosetta Stone, in a sense} I've always thought it to be fairly obvious that this Part is about how one reacts to "Treachery" and not commits an act of treachery.
Although there are those among the membership of this forum that have given indication otherwise, I can't see the man known as the "prince of Peace" ever needing, in any way or weans for any reason to commit an act of treachery.
I did use the Part as in an example in my book and interpreted by using, what some so consider to be the most treacherous act of all time, of course I'm referring to the "betrayal" of Yeshu'a by the disciple Judas Iscariot.

Yet, I never have been convinced that a deliberate act of betrayal ever occurred. For reason that Judas is said to have been the disciple whom was the most advanced in terms of 'higher consciousness' and understanding I figure it had to be that Yeshu'a/Jesus knew that it was a destiny that had to be fulfilled in the manner it did, or, it may be that the Romans threatened to kill Every Hebrew male over a certain age and when Yeshu'a was informed of this He had no choice but to have one of the disciples due the dirty deed.

...as just like in the story about "Spartacus", everyone was "Spartacus" when HIS time came along to be punished for some dastardly deed, I think Yeshu'a/Jesus knew that He couldn't just turn himself in and that the authorities would most likely not "buy it" and He knew that the only way they would, is if one of his own disciples turned him in.

I've seen a few posts in the forum that sided with a version of the Man from Naz.'s demise that claims Yeshu'a was seen in Rome some 30 or 40 years later and said something to the effect. "They thought that they had killed me, but I fooled them.", and there are a number of the Islamic faith that support this idea and an alternative version has Judas taking His place, as there has been more than a few sources that claim that Yeshu'a/Jesus and Yahud'a/Judas looked so much alike that some couldn't tell them apart.

Also in Pantanjali's Aphorisms of Yoga in the section on "siddhis", yogic powers, of the kind that are considered miraculous, it is written how to achieve the siddhi of walikng on water and adds, that once a yogi has mastered the meditation technique that bestows this power, that the yogi can also die and come back to life at will.

Bu I myself, being a lifelong student of the readings of Edgar Cayce have no doubt or reason to suspect Edgar Cayce of giving anything less than the truth, and Cayce gave so many readings on the death on the Cross, the Resurrection, the Transfiguration and Yeshu'a/Jesus' Ascension to Heaven that I have absolutely no belief in any accounting that says otherwise.

{btw... very, very few people, even among those that think themselves to be well versed in the readings of Edgar Cayce know that it was asked, in the early 1930's. by the representatives of the foundation that has continued Edgar s legacy, just, who or, whom was giving information other than on health matters, and it was answered that it was either entities of the Angelic that were "Messengers From Most High" or one of the members known by a few names, two of those being as the "Great White Brotherhood, or Lodge", and by some as the "Ascended Masters", but that on a couple of occasions, it was none other than Yeshu'a/Jesus that spoke through Edgar Cayce and it was also revealed that He has already "come back", and a number of times too, at his discretion and need and walks among us. It was during one of those rare readings in which Yeshu'a/Jesus was speaking through Edgar Cayce that the subject of Judas was brought up and He referred to Judas as "the betrayer of me."}

I looked my own Part of Treachery, Richard Nixon's, Bill Clinton's and Barrack Obama's and I still can't figure it out...and I got an impression that it may in fact not represent "Treachery" at all.

It is a trans-Saturnian Part, or "modern Part" {although they are all ancient and were known of, and what they were, in a time of great antiquity} but it's definitely now at, or near, the top of my list to be discussed in a thread in the Degree sub-forum...and soon.

I just wanted to get that covered so as to give Phoenix Venus some breathing room and not get bogged down with trying to explain it as the rest of this event chart has "got it going on".

Maybe the events in the coming days, weeks or months will give us a better perspective.
Thanks, ptv

Last edited:

piercethevale

Well, I realized I didn't give the Sabian Symbol for the Part, even though I said it would be best let be for the time being, I realize that I should give it, as I don't see any reason why not, especially considering those that have a source to look these symbols up can do so and leave the rest of you wanting , and maybe feeling a bit left out, or cheated...and that ain't right. So from Dane Rudhyar's book on the Sabian Symbols, "An Astrological Mandala", as the Part of, so called, Treachery for the Zero Hour {12:00:01 am July 4, 1776, Philadelphia, Penn.} U.S.A. natal charts' at 01* Cancer 15' 32" is given as:

"CANCER 2°: A MAN ON A MAGIC CARPET HOVERS OVER A LARGE AREA OF LAND.

KEYNOTE: The ability to expand one's consciousness by stabilizing one's point of view at a higher level.

This is the paradox which confuses so many minds. As long as the intellect restlessly searches for new horizons it is confused by its searching. Accepting a stable focus, the mind can raise its point of observation and see reality in a truer perspective. The individual becomes the whole focused at this particular point for a particular task and function. He can at least reflect the consciousness of the greater Whole, Humanity.

This second stage symbol establishes a contrast between a stabilizing new allegiance which limits the will, and the capacity to envision life from a wider perspective, thanks to which many lives are seen to converge upon the raised consciousness. At this stage one realizes that by giving up an indefinite search for two-dimensional extension, one gains ELEVATION in the third dimension of consciousness."

Last edited:

Flapjacks

Hehe.. well i would be inclined to say that a new moon chart is not just a day. The chart cast for the exact moment is symbolic of the pure latent energy that builds up and coalesces into the full moon.

so the new moon is the potential energy to be manifested, worked on, brought out into the world.... and the full moon represents the outpouring of that energy... the fruits of the labor....

I would suggest looking into your arabic lots, they will explain the situation a lot more intricately than the planets alone can....

venus squaring your full moon with the new moon conj your asc... that seems significant in that there is the double involvement of the sun/moon dynamic here..... interesting as venus is about love, sun represents the sacred masculine and moon the sacred feminine.... seems to do with relations for you... but again its difficult to say without having a chart and spending quite a bit of time looking into your arabic parts...

That makes sense! I didn't think of it that way.

New Moon Jupiter conjunct my Part of Love in Cancer at least. :D Maybe it will be a day (month) of good feels. I have been more social with some friends lately who have a child I adore. The mother (and a friend I'm increasingly getting to know) has her Sun conjunct New Moon Venus exactly (29 critical degree).

But I am wondering... what do you think of a possible information security breach? It fits with treachery... we might not even know about it until much later.

piercethevale

venus squaring your full moon with the new moon conj your asc... that seems significant in that there is the double involvement of the sun/moon dynamic here..... interesting as venus is about love, sun represents the sacred masculine and moon the sacred feminine.... seems to do with relations for you... but again its difficult to say without having a chart and spending quite a bit of time looking into your Arabic parts...

Yes, Dane Rudhyar and Leyla Rael, in the book they co-authored as husband and wife, "Astrological Aspects A Process Oriented Approach", give an excellent treatise on these cycles from New Moon to Full Moon and back again, and how from that understanding one can then also understand that there is a similar process that occurs when Planets conjunct, in perspective to the swifter planet, when it finally reaches an opposition to that planet it had conjuncted.

It's a profound book, in my opinion and a very worthwhile read. I do so recommend it to all Astrologers.

I did explain it in a couple/few threads. I believe one is in the mundane forum in a thread on "What is the official Birth Chart of India", if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

piercethevale

That's why, since I acquired the book in late 2005, that I've since become attentive to these cycles involving the Sun and the Moon , as they are kind of the significators of the events in the world, in our lives which along withe the Moons' Nodes give a Symbolic meaning to that Months events, in that the 27 and something days of the cycle is nearly a calendar month long.

piercethevale

In fact a clue to how important the cycle is is the way in which the Pars Hyleg is determined and that the Pars Hyleg is said to be that Part that from which all the other Parts need to be able to be of affect, yet the Part of Hyleg can [I'm paraphrasing here] 'stand on its' own.'
...as all other Parts are giving of themselves as to add to the meaning of the particular Part of Hyleg found in your own natal chart.

It is the root of all the other Parts, in a sense.
King of them all, one might say...or the Queen, what ever suits your fancy...

Last edited:

piercethevale

That makes sense! I didn't think of it that way.

New Moon Jupiter conjunct my Part of Love in Cancer at least. :D Maybe it will be a day (month) of good feels. I have been more social with some friends lately who have a child I adore. The mother (and a friend I'm increasingly getting to know) has her Sun conjunct New Moon Venus exactly (29 critical degree).

But I am wondering... what do you think of a possible information security breach? It fits with treachery... we might not even know about it until much later.
Well, like I said, it's a relatively new Part to the worlds awareness and needs to be studied further, before we all go jumping to conclusions. As Phoenix Venus will concur, and affirm, as we've already found that a number of titles for Parts were very misleading.

You got to remember that Neptune is the 'Higher Octave" of Venus, and Asc. + Venus - Sun is the Part of Love & Appreciation...

It could also have, and likely does, a 'dark side' to it, depending on the spiritual development of the individual that the chart is of.

piercethevale

In fact, I'm formulating, what think will be, a very good argument in favor of seeing this particular Part, through the Sabian Symbolism found for it, to be the Higher Spiritual Beings' response to an act of treachery upon themselves...and I don't think it is ALL ABOUT treachery, but that it is one way it can be interpreted or applied for understanding.
Like I said, I looked at the U.S.A.'s, Richard Nixon's, Bill Clinton's Barrack Obama's [as I am confident that there birth data is accurate] and that of myself and my brothers.
I think it was my brothers Part that gave me a break through here, if in fact it proves out to be as I'm seeing it, in that during those two years He had off from work when I arrived in Los Angeles thirty years ago this August, and during that 2 year time He read so many books and mostly on astrology he was able to determine many of the techniques that are valid and many that aren't... He was out of work, as for the reason of treachery.

You see, He had taken a position at the place of employment where our father had been the foreman of a trades shop for a great many years and our father was known for his quality of work, his integrity and honesty, ..the owner of the Beverly Hills Hotel, where he was foreman painter took, my father with him when He sold that hotel and bought the Beverly Wilshire. As the owner had become quite elderly by the late 1970's, early 80's, or there may have been new majority stock holders, I can't recall, the presence of my brother now being in that shop just a couple of years after our father had retired was perceived to be a threat to those that had some, not so honest, dealings in mind for their personal profit. When one is dealing with a budget that those Hotels had for decorating...which was so essential to customer satisfaction, for reputation and return business [the Beverly Wilshire Hotel was the only Hotel in the United States for many years that had a Michelin 5 star rating] and utilized some of the biggest names in interior decorating, there was a great deal of money to be made by suppliers and vendors and such.

I pretty much went through the same thing working for a Northern Calif. School District when i was up for the foreman position in the late 1990's. That paint shop I was in, in the early 1990's, had an over two million dollar yearly budget for the 87 schools we kept painted.

So, take a gander at my brothers' Sabian Symbol for his Part and keep in mind the accounting of what transpired, and see if you don't see it like I'm presently doing...
His is at 10* Taurus 55' 57", that is the 11th degree of Taurus: [ibid.]

"TAURUS 11°: A WOMAN WATERING FLOWERS IN HER GARDEN.

KEYNOTE: Development of the powers of the mind on which ego-consciousness is based.

The psycho-mental nature of a human being takes form out of the fulfillment and transcendence of biological functions and drives, much as the bud appears as the sap rises, and bursts forth into bloom. "As the roots, so the flowers" is an old axiom. The consciousness attaches itself to this wondrous efflorescence; it lavishes its attention upon it, its love — alas, usually a possessive kind of love ('This is my garden!'). Thus the ego develops. It may develop in a negative, resentful way if a belated frost destroys the buds.

This is the first stage of the ninth sequence of phases, a sequence that basically refers to the overall situation related to the development of the ego. The Keyword here is CULTIVATION."

Last edited:

piercethevale

As for myself, I'm not at all a "treacherous person", it would sicken, literally, to become one that engaged in an act of treachery ...as I believe that what you can't get by fair play, is not to be had at all...and my Part is at 22* Aries 49"...check it out. [ibid.]

"ARIES 23°: A PREGNANT WOMAN IN LIGHT SUMMER DRESS.

KEYNOTE: Fecundity.

Masculine aggressiveness and the woman's desire for fulfillment (Phases 21 and 22) are integrated and realized in the expected child. This three-fold sequence can be seen operating at several levels, and the third term, the child, can take various emotional and cultural forms. The basic meaning remains the same. Summer is the period of fruition. Man - at the receptive 'woman' level - reaps the fruits of his dynamic activity.

This is the third stage of the fifth five-fold sequence of cyclic phases. It combines the two preceding ones and suggests INNER FULFILLMENT."

...this particular degree also happens to be President Obama's Hermetic Lot of Eros...

...which does kind of make me wonder just why is He called by some as the "Long Legged Mack Daddy"... ...hmmm...:whistling::wink:

...though, there is a side note to that about myself that I don't feel I want to discuss publicly and I may talk to Phoenix Venus about this privately , and see what her opinion is... but like I said, you can't limit such influential and multifaceted influences such as the Sun and Neptune to a singular concept and especially a malefic one at that.