Are sun signs really relevant when it comes to compatibility?

GeneralRam

(I know it's kind of a "newbie" question, but I've barely started scratching the surface of astrology, so please don't grill me.)

The reason I ask this is because my sun is in Aries, but despite this, I absolutely loathe most Sagittarius sun people I meet, even though Aries and Sagittarius are both fire signs. They confuse the hell out of me, and they give off this bitchy vibe when I'm just trying to be friendly with them. I also notice how people I know don't always get along well with other people even when they have "compatible" sun signs.

A lot of emphasis is put on sun signs for some reason, but are they really as significant as many people make them out to be?

dr. farr

In my opinion, they are important, but they can EASILY be over-ruled by a combination of other factors in the charts of the people involved, and in fact, often are...

Whoam1

(I know it's kind of a "newbie" question, but I've barely started scratching the surface of astrology, so please don't grill me.)

The reason I ask this is because my sun is in Aries, but despite this, I absolutely loathe most Sagittarius sun people I meet, even though Aries and Sagittarius are both fire signs. They confuse the hell out of me, and they give off this bitchy vibe when I'm just trying to be friendly with them. I also notice how people I know don't always get along well with other people even when they have "compatible" sun signs.

A lot of emphasis is put on sun signs for some reason, but are they really as significant as many people make them out to be?

Yes important as Dr farr said, but not the end alk.

Honestly dominant signs [sometimes this is the Sun sign] are the way to go. Espically because many times dominant signs will transcend different forms of astrology.

Yes sag cam be bitchy [ im a sag rising in tropical/Sag Sun in sidereal-vedic]. You have probably experienced the kind of sag who thinks there better than everyone else and who will stop at nothing to meet their goals (aiming the arrow high, firing at anyone in their path).

I myself am a Capricorn dominant. We aren't the unemotional, calm people, who are boring and only care about our cats that you find on Tumblr.

Most Capricorn strong people I know are softies deep down, and would dance around the fire nude or have sex to cast a magic spell.

I'm interested in seeing your dominant sign(s). As Aries may not be it.

Blaze

Account Closed
What Dr. Farr said.

Where is your Mercury or Venus? Aries Sun could have Merc/Venus in a sign like Pisces, which would square the Sag Sun/Venus/Mercury. Those other planetary combos really count.

AppLeo

You really have to compare charts to understand how compatible you are with someone.

Sun signs don't really tell you much.

Oddity

I find that getting to know the other person is helpful. Charts can come later. Much later. If you can't figure it out without a chart, it's not the right relationship.

Blaze

Account Closed
I find that getting to know the other person is helpful. Charts can come later. Much later. If you can't figure it out without a chart, it's not the right relationship.

Hell yeah, this too.

Just realized I don't ever look at peoples charts that I'm close with. Might see something I would rather not. Or assume something I really shouldn't.

miquar

Hi. You don't need so-called Sun sign compatibility for a relationship to work. But to understand how easy you will find it to express the solar function in a given relationship, you can look at cross aspects between your Sun and the other's chart, and also at how your Sun 'fits' with the disposition and expectations of the other.

First you will need to look at your own chart in isolation to see how your solar function gets on with the other major functions of your psyche.

You can also look at how factors in the composite chart of you and the other aspect your Sun.

If you want comments on why Sagittarians affect you in a certain way you should post your birth chart.

Best wishes

Miquar