I've just discovered I have a yod?

jamiethebean

help interpreting this yod?

I'm pretty surprised as I had heard of them but never delved or noticed mine.. It involves my sun (10th) at the top with quincunxes to Pluto (3rd) and Neptune (5th) (I know.. Scary?) and a sextile between these two. what does a yod mean on a core level? How do you interpret this one?

Last edited:

dowhanawi

Its a point with destiny. A big life change (often internal), moment of awareness. Chart would help to see all the factors, orbs etc. It will for sure be a moment of awareness with these three

Last edited:

Arena

I'm pretty surprised as I had heard of them but never delved or noticed mine.. It involves my sun (10th) at the top with quincunxes to Pluto (3rd) and Neptune (5th) (I know.. Scary?) and a sextile between these two. what does a yod mean on a core level? How do you interpret this one?

It is simply a midpoint theme. I have Ebertins book on those three way planetary symbolism, i can look it up for you.

R4VEN

There are a couple of comprehensive threads already on this site on the subject of YODs. A number of years ago there was a lot of discussion on the subject, especially between some of us who had read widely on the subject.

Here is a generalised thread on YODs. It is quite long.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15271

And the following thread deals specifically with the kind of YOD you have - with the generational Neptune-Pluto sextile at its base.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19362&highlight=Pluto+Neptune+sextile

I think it's important that you first do some research of your own. Keep in mind that a YOD is not `good' or `bad', but it presents some challenges which you have been born to face and deal with, and at a soul level you will know intuitively how best to deal with these challenges.

If you have just begun astrology, then learning about your YOD is not a priority. First of all the basics need to be understood and internalised.

jamiethebean

There are a couple of comprehensive threads already on this site on the subject of YODs. A number of years ago there was a lot of discussion on the subject, especially between some of us who had read widely on the subject.

Here is a generalised thread on YODs. It is quite long.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15271

And the following thread deals specifically with the kind of YOD you have - with the generational Neptune-Pluto sextile at its base.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19362&highlight=Pluto+Neptune+sextile

I think it's important that you first do some research of your own. Keep in mind that a YOD is not `good' or `bad', but it presents some challenges which you have been born to face and deal with, and at a soul level you will know intuitively how best to deal with these challenges.

If you have just begun astrology, then learning about your YOD is not a priority. First of all the basics need to be understood and internalised.

Thanks for the link, and sorry for the late response, forgot to check this thread. Anyhow , I get basics already. Astrology isn't a serious thing in my opinion, just fun. I'm curious as heck about the yod though, so as for what I learn about I think I'll just go by my gut

katydid

Mc could be part of a yod or only planets?

Different astrologers have various views. I take notice if someone has a sextile in which both planets are quincunxing the MC. But I am not sure it is as powerful as it might be if there was a planet at that apex, and not just the MC.

Sometimes people want to use 2 or even three of the pieces of the Yod to be angles or nodes etc. In those cases I feel the configuration is much less impactful. Just my opinion though.

kirki

In my case sun and mars are aspecting each other by sextile,mc is at athe top and jupiter is straight across the mc.I read that its called boomerang yod ,and that jupiter ,in my case,helps to release the energy of yod.