What are you learning from COVID?

Hkk

Account Closed
Such a great movie. I love the magic potion bit when it defies gravity and sits on the table, and the dogs and that woman are scary. And when Goldie Hawn gets shot in stomach. Such a great movie. 10/10.

https://www.temptalia.com/christian-louboutin-beaute-lip-colour-launches/

IleneK

Premium Member
The point I'm making is that the media has been completely silent and very critical of hydroxychloroquine as a possible cure. Instead they have been promoting a vaccine which hasn't even been developed yet.

Why does this happen? because of political reasons. The same reason why some state government have outrighted banned the medication, even for critical patients who have nothing to loose.

Do you know how long a vaccine trial will take? at least 6 months.

When you are in a pandemic situation many if not most requirements are usually wavered to deal with the high mortality rate of a disease.

Also some studies have begun in order to check its effectiveness, and has been producing good results so far:

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/new...chloroquine-potential-therapy-covid-19-begins

https://www.mediterranee-infection....2020/03/Hydroxychloroquine_final_DOI_IJAA.pdf

https://www.contagionlive.com/news/results-from-a-controlled-trial-of-hydroxychloroquine-for-covid19

Also some there are on-going studies:
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=hydroxychloroquine+chloroquine&Search=Search

Truth the drug looks promising, but this isn't the main subject.
-----

I do not disagree with the political points you are making.
But none of the studies you point out have had time to determine if the drug is promising or not.

So why keep suggesting that it is. It's promise, or not, is not known yet.

Ukpoohbear

Ooooh the bottle is so beautiful. I love it when she puts it on your hand and all the marks disappear 😍😍

Yes it’s crazy prices 70 pounds. I’m sure you could get a replica on eBay

Buy the empty bottle and stick a crayon in it 🤣🤣

Opal

Premium Member
I have a Salvador Dali original perfume bottle. It is pretty. It has perfume in it, but I have never opened it. I can see it from where I sit, I am sure I would be allergic, I bought it at a garage sale not knowing it had perfume in it. I keep it closed and admire it, from afar.

I like little containers.

Dirius

I do not disagree with the political points you are making.
But none of the studies you point out have had time to determine if the drug is promising or not.

So why keep suggesting that it is. It's promise, or not, is not known yet.

Actually they do. It is minor evidence, because the sample pool is small, but this is how it works with infectious diseases. You usually perform multiple studies on small controlled groups of volunteers and determine whether the drug works. And the results for the drug are actually promising.

https://www.mediterranee-infection.c...l_DOI_IJAA.pdf

The proportion of patients that had negative PCR results in nasopharyngeal samples significantly differed between treated patients and controls at days 3-4-5 and 6 post-inclusion (Table 2). At day6 post-inclusion, 70% of hydroxychloroquine-treated patients were virologicaly cured comparing with 12.5% in the control group (p= 0.001).

We show here that hydroxychloroquine is efficient in clearing viral nasopharyngeal carriage of SARS-CoV-2 in COVID-19 patients in only three to six days, in most patients. A significant difference was observed between hydroxychloroquine-treated patients and controls starting even on day3 post-inclusion. These results are of great importance because a recent paper has shown that the mean duration of viral shedding in patients suffering from COVID-19 in China was 20 days (even 37 days for the longest duration) [19]

Whether you agree or disagree doesn't matter. Facts speak for themselves. Early data from studies does show the drug has at least some succes in treating the disease.

Last edited:

david starling

Actually they do. It is minor evidence, because the sample pool is small, but this is how it works with infectious diseases. You usually perform multiple studies on small controlled groups of volunteers and determine whether the drug works. And the results for the drug are actually promising.

https://www.mediterranee-infection.c...l_DOI_IJAA.pdf

The proportion of patients that had negative PCR results in nasopharyngeal samples significantly differed between treated patients and controls at days 3-4-5 and 6 post-inclusion (Table 2). At day6 post-inclusion, 70% of hydroxychloroquine-treated patients were virologicaly cured comparing with 12.5% in the control group (p= 0.001).

We show here that hydroxychloroquine is efficient in clearing viral nasopharyngeal carriage of SARS-CoV-2 in COVID-19 patients in only three to six days, in most patients. A significant difference was observed between hydroxychloroquine-treated patients and controls starting even on day3 post-inclusion. These results are of great importance because a recent paper has shown that the mean duration of viral shedding in patients suffering from COVID-19 in China was 20 days (even 37 days for the longest duration) [19]

Whether you agree or disagree doesn't matter. Facts speak for themselves. Early data from studies does show the drug has at least some succes in treating the disease.

As reported by mainstream news outlet, AP.

Hkk

Account Closed
I have a Salvador Dali original perfume bottle. It is pretty. It has perfume in it, but I have never opened it. I can see it from where I sit, I am sure I would be allergic, I bought it at a garage sale not knowing it had perfume in it. I keep it closed and admire it, from afar.

I like little containers.

Oh opal that’s beautiful! Perfume bottles and containers can look amazing, luxurious and beautiful

Opal

Premium Member
367 × 500

For Hkk and UKpoohbear

I did not know it was perfume when I bought it. I didn't know it opened either. I googled the description, and found out what it was.

Passiflora, I think it is the only thing in my house with scent. :happy: It is in a spot, that I can see it, and others don't even notice it. I have too many other things that stand out to their eyes. I can pick it up and I can't smell it. It is very nice to my eyes, probably not my nose though.:pouty:

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
Wow, did not expect it to look like that!! I was expecting an elegant glass bottle but it’s very surreal and striking!

I have 4 Dali prints hanging around. And yet I did not know when I bought it, that it was Dali. It is very Dali in retrospect.

Thank you UK and Hkk, and Passiflora!

leomoon

I have 4 Dali prints hanging around. And yet I did not know when I bought it, that it was Dali. It is very Dali in retrospect.

Thank you UK and Hkk, and Passiflora!

Many moons ago I had a huge coffee table print book of the Dali paintings, but gave it away to Goodwill finally.
Some of his work just turned me off!

I kept 2 of my prints I bought when we were first married, they were huge ones so I had them professionally framed then.
But somehow, my eldest daughter "lost" one I loaned her along with furniture years ago. She always manages to just lose my things :(

It was the one of Jesus on the Cross.

the other I retained, its the Last Supper, perhaps 4 feet wide by 3 feet tall.
I loved those two in particular.

Kind of neat lips for a perfume bottle, lol :happy:

Ukpoohbear

You must like the surrealist style. Dali’s paintings are interesting. Time moving backwards and on a beach one comes to mind. More interesting now I’m aware of the concepts of time changing in different dimensions.

Opal

Premium Member
Many moons ago I had a huge coffee table print book of the Dali paintings, but gave it away to Goodwill finally.
Some of his work just turned me off!

I kept 2 of my prints I bought when we were first married, they were huge ones so I had them professionally framed then.
But somehow, my eldest daughter "lost" one I loaned her along with furniture years ago. She always manages to just lose my things :(

It was the one of Jesus on the Cross.

the other I retained, its the Last Supper, perhaps 4 feet wide by 3 feet tall.
I loved those two in particular.

Kind of neat lips for a perfume bottle, lol :happy:

I have a beautiful print of The Last Supper from The Vatican. Bought it for $10 framed at a yard sale. The lady thanked me for not trying to talk her down. It is fabulous.

Yes, I was very surprised and shocked that it opened, and that it contained poison. :biggrin: I never would have bought it, but, I have had it for over 10 years, and never smelled it.

Hkk

Account Closed
367 × 500

For Hkk and UKpoohbear

I did not know it was perfume when I bought it. I didn't know it opened either. I googled the description, and found out what it was.

Passiflora, I think it is the only thing in my house with scent. :happy: It is in a spot, that I can see it, and others don't even notice it. I have too many other things that stand out to their eyes. I can pick it up and I can't smell it. It is very nice to my eyes, probably not my nose though.:pouty:

Oooooh I thought or was expecting a glass bottle now what I thought seems average compared to this! Very striking and different wow 🤩