Random Thoughts, strictly Text

petosiris

Banned
Most Trumpitarians are in the closet. They call their God-king "President". At least for now.

I think you should be grateful for the advent of Christianity and its purge of idolatry amongst the Gentiles, if it wasn't for it, we would all probably be still worshipping local rulers and emperors, just as everybody did and was initially obliged in the Roman Empire. Many Christians were persecuted to the death for this reason, because they were not exempt as the Jews were. Because of the atoning death of Jesus and the examples of the martyrs, God, blessed be his name, granted us mercy.

david starling

I think you should be grateful for the advent of Christianity and its purge of idolatry amongst the Gentiles, if it wasn't for it, we would all probably be still worshipping local rulers and emperors, just as everybody did and was initially obliged in the Roman Empire. Many Christians were persecuted to the death for this reason, because they were not exempt as the Jews were. Because of the atoning death of Jesus and the examples of the martyrs, God, blessed be his name, granted us mercy.

The Age of Capricorn has had a LOT going for it.

petosiris

Banned
The Age of Capricorn has had a LOT going for it.

I gave an example with the three ages of the Jews which take approximately 2000 years, but here is my own typological reading of Genesis with regard to the 7000 years.

Heavens and the earth, and light and dark were created on the first day, this corresponds to the first 1000 years, the time of creation and the fall, the time of Enoch and of Cain.
The atmosphere and moisture were created on the second day, this corresponds to the second 1000 years, the flood occurred here, and the barrier is a type of the Ark.
The land and plants were created on the third day, this corresponds to the next 1000 years, the time of Abraham, this is a type of Genesis 12:7, and repeated promises to Isaac and Jacob.
The stars and the heavenly bodies were created on the fourth day, this is a type of the coming of the Lord and the messianic age. (This is also the time when our science was developed.)
The sea creatures and the birds were created on the fifth day, this is a type of the evangelism of the Church, and the swarms are a type of the migrating nations and the petty kingdoms that are mixed in Daniel 2:43.
The other creatures and man were created on the sixth day, this is a type of the simultaneous progress in knowledge and debasement in ethics of man in our last day.
God, blessed be his name, rested on the seventh day, so the kingdom of God will be a rest when the Lord returns - Hebrews 4:11.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
You’ve always been skeptical, but have always believed the Word of God? Believed that the Word of God you read was actually the word as expressed by God?

What are you asking? There are people who will accept anything, but the word of God, which is ''living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart'' - it convicts the hearts of men to accept it, which is why so many are offended by it.

I was a doubting and hypocritical person capable of holding contradictory beliefs.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Honestly, it’s all the martial and violent metaphors that cued me in to the difference between the word God might speak privately, and that which is spoken to mere humans. What better evidence that people are too fallen to approach the mind of God, than violence in deed and language.

What violence do you mean in particular? Have you compared Isaiah 53 with the gospels? Have you thought why Jesus had to suffer such amount of violence, even though he did no violence?

Opal

Premium Member
What violence do you mean in particular? Have you compared Isaiah 53 with the gospels? Have you thought why Jesus had to suffer such amount of violence, even though he did no violence?

Didn’t he throw a hissy fit in the temple? When they were selling wares there?

petosiris

Banned
Didn’t he throw a hissy fit in the temple? When they were selling wares there?

There were two cleansings:
''The Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. In the temple he found those who were selling oxen and sheep and pigeons, and the money-changers sitting there. And making a whip of cords, he drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and oxen. And he poured out the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables. And he told those who sold the pigeons, “Take these things away; do not make my Father's house a house of trade.” His disciples remembered that it was written, “Zeal for your house will consume me.”'' - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+2&version=ESV

The second one:
And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all who sold and bought in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money-changers and the seats of those who sold pigeons. He said to them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer,’ but you make it a den of robbers.” - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+21&version=ESV

''And they came to Jerusalem. And he entered the temple and began to drive out those who sold and those who bought in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money-changers and the seats of those who sold pigeons. And he would not allow anyone to carry anything through the temple. And he was teaching them and saying to them, “Is it not written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer for all the nations’? But you have made it a den of robbers.” And the chief priests and the scribes heard it and were seeking a way to destroy him, for they feared him, because all the crowd was astonished at his teaching. And he entered the temple and began to drive out those who sold, saying to them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a den of robbers.”'' - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+11:15-19&version=ESV

''And he was teaching daily in the temple. The chief priests and the scribes and the principal men of the people were seeking to destroy him, but they did not find anything they could do, for all the people were hanging on his words.'' - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+19:45-48&version=ESV

He did it to drove them out, and the Pharisees weren't scared at his ''violence'', but at his teaching and the approval from the people, he used ''violence'' (and even a whip the first time) to drive them out, not attack them.

The Bible does approve of righteous anger. Does money-changing business at the Temple that afflicted the poor sound right to anyone?

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
One of the names of God is Peace. Jews and Muslims greet themselves with peace, Catholics and Orthodox who keep some ancient traditions also greet themselves with peace.

petosiris

Banned
But there must be alcohol and drugs in your astrology also?

Saturn and Venus, or Mars ill-dignified as rulers of the soul make drunkards according to Ptolemy, I personally found that Jupiter afflicted or ruling afflicted Moon and Mercury is related to addiction problems. Maybe the Pisces thing is real.

Alcohol and all kinds of partying is permitted by God to be used with moderation. Mars and Venus make wine-makers. I am not entirely sure, but I think some related the Moon to some beverages.

The first miracle during the ministry of our Lord was to keep a party going (he even made it better with better wine). God wants us to be happy in this world.

Last edited: