Scorpios: terrifying, and yet so juicy

juicey J.

Banned
Well to be honest, of all of the signs in the Zodiac, Scorpio tends to be the "darkest" which is why Pluto/Hades, lord of the mythical Underworld, is its ruler. This is because the karma of Scorpios is to process the Shadowself. Many Scorps act it out, then perhaps some Scorpios come to grips with it through awareness, evolve to transcendence, and then perhaps they help to evoke and process it in others. Here I speak of the phases of transformation through the sign's archetypal manifestations: Scorpion, Phoenix, Eagle.

Yes Scorpio is about development of the shadow self (actual many scorpios because of strict religious training with hold this need to explore the daker side of human nature) is a big part of scorpio expression but they can because of it be the best of healers because they understand levels most people aren't willing to go to. There seems in my experience to be two kinds of Scorpio (somewhat depending on the chart) 1. Those scorpios where its pretty obvious they are scorpio 2. Those scorpios who seem to hide so well behind other chart factors (like rising sign) when they tell you what sign they are your like "exuse me your a what?!!!!!!!!!! Scorpio loves to travel incognitio but some are so good at it its unreal.

Last edited:
The fact that you are Taurus doesn't surprise me. I (Scorpio female) have dated a couple Taureans and KNEW upon meeting them for the first time that we would one day have a history. There is definitely a sexy energy between these two signs, particularly in the bedroom, and I couldn't say one sign is really dominant, although I will say I don't think it would be possible to have a bull under my thumb!
Being a Scorpio is pretty much bittersweet; it's hard to brand personality. It is "juicy" and I feel blessed to be gifted creatively and analytically, glad that my "unusual" interests have enabled me to experience interesting lifestyles, travels, studies. However, being "deep" as we're called is a dizzying burden. There are times when I wish that I could just turn on the TV, waste three hours and be happy. Or walk to the mall, buy a bunch of makeup and shoes and feel great. Or go to an all-inclusive resort for a week and binge on nonsense. Catch my drift? A Scorpio feels really isolated in an increasingly shallow and materialistic world. While "deep down" I know I'm even less suited to join in I just wish sometimes that I didn't have to think so many people were stupid. But they are. I realize how pretentious that sounds too, and Scorpios HATE pretension! But we are... very silly indeed.
Yes.. layers. The other thing you asked about was about the Scorpio's elevation. In my experience, the Scorpio goes back and forth through the elevations in one lifetime. I have been the Phoenix, maybe for about four months, though. Not very long--it's extremely difficult to fly so high above others--isolating too. I find I can only reach that place when I'm single and humble. Relationships truly bring out the worst in me sometimes and I'm confident enough to say that goes for other Scorpios as well. When a Scorpio loves they give too much of themself and this fills them with fear which manifests itself in jealousy, cruelty and mind games. A Scorpio needs to be able to show his/her vulnerability while feeling secure to be cool enough to keep a relationship going, but even then, you probably won't be getting the Phoenix unless you're some sort of enlightened being yourself!

Sun in Scorpio
Moon in Virgo
Ascendent in Leo

sadique

Well to be honest, of all of the signs in the Zodiac, Scorpio tends to be the "darkest" which is why Pluto/Hades, lord of the mythical Underworld, is its ruler. This is because the karma of Scorpios is to process the Shadowself. Many Scorps act it out, then perhaps some Scorpios come to grips with it through awareness, evolve to transcendence, and then perhaps they help to evoke and process it in others. Here I speak of the phases of transformation through the sign's archetypal manifestations: Scorpion, Phoenix, Eagle.

I've been reading your posts, what do you make of scorpio Pluto in the 12th house?

sadique

However, being "deep" as we're called is a dizzying burden. There are times when I wish that I could just turn on the TV, waste three hours and be happy. Or walk to the mall, buy a bunch of makeup and shoes and feel great. Or go to an all-inclusive resort for a week and binge on nonsense. Catch my drift? A Scorpio feels really isolated in an increasingly shallow and materialistic world. While "deep down" I know I'm even less suited to join in I just wish sometimes that I didn't have to think so many people were stupid. But they are. I realize how pretentious that sounds too, and Scorpios HATE pretension! But we are... very silly indeed.
Yes.. layers. The other thing you asked about was about the Scorpio's elevation. In my experience, the Scorpio goes back and forth through the elevations in one lifetime. I have been the Phoenix, maybe for about four months, though. Not very long--it's extremely difficult to fly so high above others--isolating too. I find I can only reach that place when I'm single and humble. Relationships truly bring out the worst in me sometimes and I'm confident enough to say that goes for other Scorpios as well. When a Scorpio loves they give too much of themself and this fills them with fear which manifests itself in jealousy, cruelty and mind games. A Scorpio needs to be able to show his/her vulnerability while feeling secure to be cool enough to keep a relationship going, but even then, you probably won't be getting the Phoenix unless you're some sort of enlightened being yourself!

Sun in Scorpio
Moon in Virgo
Ascendent in Leo
Everything you said I can relate to. It's such a lonely existance, but sometimes I hear people's conversations and thank God I am not them. This isn't even an ego thing as my moon would suggest, I just feel as though ppl are all about trends. To make matters worse I have saturn in 1st house, as you can tell I'm a loner. My scorp Pluto is surpressed in 12th so I don't really know/what who I am. Any friend I have had to pursue me as my confidence in potential relationships is nil. I say 'potential' because I have never expresssed/been in love. I care deeply for so many ppl but fear rejection. I attract 'depraved' ppl who do shady things and come on too strong. My cancerian sun is about to fade.

Sun Cancer
Moon Leo
Asc Scorpio

Kenoshamaensa

I find this conversation very interesting as one of my best friends is a Libra Sun, Aries Moon ... but Scorpio Rising. It's an interesting combo. In many ways, he hates drama, he's friendly, easy to get on with ... very Libra, has the dynamism of the Aries Moon ... but there really is this OTHER side to him. He holds his emotional cards very close to his chest. Part of why we get on so well is that he hates shallowness (as expressed above), and while he *can* shoot the bull and be friendly (Libra Sun), I don't think he's most at home there. I can meet him intellectually. I have an exact conjunction between Mercury and Pluto in Virgo. I can go as DEEP as you want (and then some). :) Ironically, I'm also a Libra Sun/Aries Moon, but Pisces Rising, and my Neptune (which is in Scorpio) is right on his ascendant (and his Mercury). So we have a lot of intellectual connection. Not too sure about sexual, but intellectual. Ha.

To make matters worse for his poor Libra sun, he's got a Sagi Venus and a Sun-Uranus conjunction in airy Libra. Boy does NOT like to be tied down, even though he can be jealous as all get-out. I've seen him walk away when I paid too much attention to other friends. He has trouble sharing, but bolts if confined.

Weird combo. Dunno if he'll ever manage to settle down, which makes for a sad Libra puppy.

tikana

Why are people so negative about scorpio? Scorpio is amazing. Well ok I do have my issues with the sign (but one can find issues with any of the other signs) and have said things in jest or even anger about Scorpio. But Scorpio is in average one of the most loyal (other then leo) signs and one of the most deeply intimate (once you break down some of their defenses which, can take time) signs.

Amen, we are loyal.. that is why we love cappies. another loyal sign

T

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

When u read about my sign(libra) and scorpios sign, it makes u jealous. I wish they would use words like danger and intense when they spoke of libras lol guess it's hard to be a bad boy when you ruled by the planet of estrogen smh lol

Kenoshamaensa

When u read about my sign(libra) and scorpios sign, it makes u jealous. I wish they would use words like danger and intense when they spoke of libras lol guess it's hard to be a bad boy when you ruled by the planet of estrogen smh lol

I wouldn't say that. I am a Libra Sun, but there are other ways of having Scorpio in your chart. Scorpio has advantages AND disadvantages ... like any sign. But I have a distinct Scorpionic cast to my *mental* energies because my Mercury is in exact conjunction to Pluto (in Virgo). I've found that I tend to "attract" Scorpios, at least intellectually. And the friend I mentioned above is a Libra Sun, but Scorp Rising. Not always an easy combo.

Libra can LIGHTEN Scorpio's "darkness," and tendency to brood. Scorpio is emotionally *intense*, but Libra is interested in relationships and relating ... and as a Libra with Scorp friends, I sometimes find myself a ... barometer? The "reality check"? One Scorp friend called me once on the phone and opened the conversation with, "I need to talk to somebody SANE." It made me laugh. Libra balance can be a good antidote for Scorpionic laser-focus. Just as Scorpio can be a good antidote for the Libra tendency to waffle and "make nice."

Despite being next to each other on the zodiac (which can sometimes create problems), if the other connections are right, these two will create a lovely BALANCE (Libra!) for each other. :) Every Scorpio needs a Libra friend, IMO. ;>

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

O don't get me wrong I like bring a libra, I just like how they describe scorpios I like the descriptions. I got a Venus Pluto and mercury all in Scorpio all conjunct in the first house so when I hear words like "danger" intense, power and dark I become intrigued.

But you rarely hear our positives, indecisive and other things. I can be but I'm working on it, like yesterday, it only took me 20 minutes to make my mind up at McDonald's, down 3 minutes from last week :cool:

Guess I'm more into the fanatical side of astrology, that's why I gotta ground myself when I read stuff on astrology

desperateneptune

i think what people really find uncomfortable in being with a scorpio is that they can not get away with anything-all motives will be examined and revealed, all feelings will be exposed and finally they will get what they asked for-
but even if u get to his darker side(that destructive mania lol) he will use his destructive force against himself and still protect u.
What is terrifying about them is that u will be forced to face your own shadow if you want to stay with them

I am dating a woman 10 years older with a libra / scorpio rising and sun in leo, with a moon in the 8th.

I have a 4 planet stellium in the 8th. This woman is vicious when vengeful, she tells me stories of her past "revenges" but also with her moon conjunct my stellium by placement, and moon by sign, there is this deep visceral feeling, at one point she said something similar to,

"you look like your going to devour me with your eyes."

And we've already started working on "Magic"/ritual together.

lazarusx

My Cancer Sun is in Trine with Pluto in Scorpio; i naturally get along really well with them.. i find them an invaluable source of wisdom, i've learnt a great deal about myself through my friendships with them, my last ex was also a Scorpio.

It seems the more terrifying/powerful they appear the more im intrigued because i'm drawn to personal transformation. My old housemate had strong scorpionic tendencies with his rising and moon in scorpio, he single handily changed the way in which i view aspects of myself.

I do have a stellium in the 8th and personal aspects to Pluto; but scorpio's have always been fascinating to me :)

SniperBomber328

I don't know what all this mambo-jumbo about Scorpio's is for, but I do want to say something. Like, to make all this Scorpio stuff seem less....dark?

I am a Scorpio Asc, with Sun, Mercury, Mars (and Pluto if Modern) all in the 1st House Scorpio (and Conjunct). And I can tell you this, if you were to meet me you would NOT guess that I have a lot of Scorpio within my chart. I have been told countless of times that I look nothing like a Scorpio, or act anything like a Scorpio should act (at least the stereotype ones).

Not that I am saying some Scorpio's aren't like the stereotypical descriptions, but I think we may be exaggerating some of the Scorpion tales a little overboard. Met (know, etc) some other people who have absolutely no Scorpio in them, but yet they are darker, possessive or just downright fiercer than me.

That, or I am just nothing like my chart say's I am?

Horus

I am a Scorpio Asc, with Sun, Mercury, Mars (and Pluto if Modern) all in the 1st House Scorpio (and Conjunct). And I can tell you this, if you were to meet me you would NOT guess that I have a lot of Scorpio within my chart. I have been told countless of times that I look nothing like a Scorpio, or act anything like a Scorpio should act (at least the stereotype ones).

And so what, astrology is invalid for character and psychological profiling? You'll have a hard time convincing anyone around here of that! But there is always the exception to the rule isn't there, and maybe you're it... :unsure:

If you have the correct birthtime, then WOW! :surprised:What an intense Scorpio you should be! Pluto in the first house already has a powerful effect on others as it is, but in Scorpio and conjunct the other ruler of Scorpio -Mars!? Whoah man! Careful where you aim those nukes! :wink: Maybe people aren't getting a true read on you because Scorpio (esp. ASC) is often good at cloaking their intentions (unless they're running abunch of Sag. like me. ) or true identity- kind of like a secret agent. :cool: :ninja::bandit:

A couple of other things to consider are that first, the all-powerful Moon and its sign make a huge difference on behavior, and second, all signs have positive and negative overleaves, and some Scorpios are more evolved through their darker traits than others. I know two who don't have a jealous bone in their bodies ,they overcame that ages ago, and others who are less vindicative or vengeful. Positive Scorpio is a powerful healer and transformer, sometimes achieving that through intimacy, a good detective, intuitive, psychic, using gifts to aid others.

Kukka

I don't know what all this mambo-jumbo about Scorpio's is for, but I do want to say something. Like, to make all this Scorpio stuff seem less....dark?

Not that I am saying some Scorpio's aren't like the stereotypical descriptions, but I think we may be exaggerating some of the Scorpion tales a little overboard. Met (know, etc) some other people who have absolutely no Scorpio in them, but yet they are darker, possessive or just downright fiercer than me.

I hear you, scorpio is just like any other sign: can manifest in various levels.. and equally effected by other factors in the chart. :tongue:

lilithofeden

I am a Scorpio although honestly sometimes I don't feel like it :s. I guess my eyes are hypnotizing.. I had a friend who hated that I stared at her but I wasn't staring.... I was just looking :s she felt I was intimidating and I had no clue why, I felt SHE was the intimidating one! I guess I do love to research, dig to find the truth.. I love all things which are taboo in my family like hypnotherapy, astrology, psychics, spirits.. I have had maný encounters with spirits but I don't think that is because I am a scorpio.

Anyway, as a kid I was rebelious... I did what ever I wanted when ever.. I did things just to see if I could.. Risky behaviour. Talked back when I was scorned. I was bad. But now I'm not like that.... But I do wonder if my Virgo AC and Libra moon helps counter-act my Scorpio sun? Because honestly sometimes I don't feel like a Scorpio.

Kenoshamaensa

Okay, first Libras want people to LIKE them. Virgos play by the rules (mostly). Both these things will modify the Scorpio sun.

I'm a Libra Sun, (Aries Moon), but with an exact Mercury-Pluto conjunction in Virgo (and a loose Uranus conjuction to form a stellum). What that means is that I have a lot of the same "energies" that you do, if in different formations. Furthermore, my father is a Virgo sun and my mother was a Virgo moon (their sun and moon conjunct).

What (ime) Virgo and Scorpio share is a love for insight and precision. Both can be excellent researchers. Put that energy *together*, and you have a natural researcher, even up to the Ph.D. level.

Libras are fair-minded, inclined to seek balance and objectivity, as far as it can go. This is ALSO very important in research/study. But Libras also feel a need for connection with others. With this being your moon sign, you have an instinctual need to connect with others, even while your Scorpio sun can conflict with that, make you a little cautious and even suspicious. A good friend of mine is a Libra Sun, but Scorpio rising (Aries moon). We have the same Sun and Moon signs, but whereas my rising is Pisces, his Scorp rising can make him seem both "magnetic" as well as forbidding. There are three significant factors in his chart that make him still single at almost 40, despite the Libra sun. A Sun-Uranus Conjunction, Venus-Neptune conj. in Sagittarius, and -- last -- the Scorpio Rising. All these make him both fond of his independence, and skeptical/cautious about others.

I think you may have an advantage in that Scorps are not intrinsically independent. But they do play their emotional cards close to their chests. This can be at odds with the warmer Libra Moon, which seeks to CONNECT. Libras want to need and be needed. Scorpios are often terrified of needing (if not of being needed). These can work at cross-purposes, but if you're aware of the conflict, you can mediate it.

lilithofeden

Wow thank you! Everything you said pretty much sums me up. My sun is actually unaspectedso I tend to regress things.. Everyone wants people to like them but I'm no social butterfly. I actually find myself to be out of the crowd but wishing I was in lol. Although, it is more of an "in the moment" feeling because at the end of the day I feel silly and... What's a good word.. Pathetic? For feeling that way. Lol

Kenoshamaensa

Yes, I think most people DO want to be liked, but Libras ... we're a special category. *grin*

Libras are funny, and I speak AS one. We need to RELATE, first and foremost. If we aren't "first" relationally in someone's life, we're unhappy (and as a divorcee w/ no boyfriend and none on the immediate horizon, I'm a pretty unhappy Libra, yup). I have a son, yes, but it's not the same.

That said, Libras are NOT all calm, even-temperedness. We can (and will) stir the pot if things get TOO calm. Why? We like to play peacemaker. ;> I have both witnessed (and been guilty of) causing conflict just to "solve" it. Not consciously, and it was only AFTER understanding this about Libras that I really recognized what I'd done! Libras also do that because we can -- honestly -- see multiple sides to an argument/discussion/debate. And sometimes we'll play Devil's Advocate just *because*. I think this is a too-little-recognized side of Libra, but I've found it true again and again. We like peace ... until things get TOO quiet. Then we have to stir up some dust so we can settle it ... and be properly appreciated for our Mad Mediating Skillz. ;> We HATE drama ... unless we're solving it (and sometimes causing it). But we don't like to be involved IN it, directly. Ha.

Conflict in which she's personally involved can literally make a Libra sick to her stomach. But invite her in to MEDIATE it and she *preens*. Oh, yeah.

When Libra is one of the Big Signs (sun, moon, or rising ... or even a chart signature), then these strong Libra elements come into play, and can cause havoc if the other significant signs are at cross-purposes. Speaking as a Libra Sun with an Aries Moon (sun/moon inconjunct, too), they are NOT easy bed partners! Libra-Scorp combos can have a similar friction, as they're signs next to each other, rather than opposite. What Scorp needs creates friction with what Libra wants.