Understanding Leos and Leo energy.

Osamenor

Staff member
People with a Leo sun conjunct Pluto (boomers) can be extremely powerful-- or at least perceived as powerful by others. But consider a younger person with a Pluto in Scorpio square sun. They're liable to have a lot more insecurities because a hard aspect to the sun typically plays havoc with one's identity.

Hmmm... maybe these "modern astrologers" the OP references are solar Leos from the Pluto in Scorpio generation (or, I suppose, any sign from the Pluto in Scorpio generation). For that matter, maybe the OP him/herself is.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Im guessing my leo is altered by being in H6. Does it sound more like a virgo?

Sounds to me like a Saturnian rising sign. A sixth house Leo would have, most likely, either Pisces or Aquarius rising. While I could be wrong, my first guess is that you're Aquarius rising. (I have a friend who is a sixth house solar Leo with Aquarius rising, and I think much of what you're talking about, with how you present, could describe her, too.)

Lion o ness

Sounds to me like a Saturnian rising sign. A sixth house Leo would have, most likely, either Pisces or Aquarius rising. While I could be wrong, my first guess is that you're Aquarius rising. (I have a friend who is a sixth house solar Leo with Aquarius rising, and I think much of what you're talking about, with how you present, could describe her, too.)

Pisces. Lol 😂

Abby83

If they're both Leos, they have birthdays close together. Did the other Leo friend have the same birthday? Or a birthday within a few days of the other's? Was it the closest weekend to both their birthdays?

Did he say he was trying to get his friends to choose who they liked more?

If he didn't say that, it's you who's reading it into the situation. Same with the wedding and engagement. Getting married involves two people, plus two sets of family and friends. There's no way it was all about Mr. Leo. Maybe the date was the one that worked for his fiancee, or for some of her family (or his family). People get accused of choosing wedding dates just for spite all the time, whether they're Leos or not, and it's rarely if ever true. Planning a wedding is too complicated to just choose a date for spite.

Lol I'm afraid this is how petty these Leo's are. We all as a group of friends and family know them well and joke about it. However one of the Leo's is now divorced and hiding in his shell, no longer competing.

Osamenor

Staff member
Okay, I guessed wrong.

Aquarius would be a rising sign that gives more distance, I think. Pisces might be an introverted or extroverted sign. If you have Pisces rising and many planets below the horizon, and a sixth house sun, too, I would be expecting you to be more on the quiet side.

The sixth house is Virgo-like in that they both deal with service, skill, and sometimes detail. If you're a sixth house Leo with Pisces rising, I would expect to see a very creative bent in you. Maybe some dedication to developing a creative skill.

Lion o ness

Yes thats very accurate
4 planets in h6.
Im introverted. I dont like crowds, i really dislike concerts. I cant take it. One thing friends never understand.

Im routine also. I rarely go outside my routine.

I like doing creative DIY projects. However i suck at it, but at least i keep trying 🤭

Abby83

Thats so not leo traits . That more vindictive, not attention seeking. which is not a leo trait. Or maybe that one special person could only make it that night, especially being sick, really who wants to have attend a party when they are sick. Seems like something else is at play, that u are not aware of.

Maybe these 2 have jealousy synastry or competition. Idk but to say someone did something just because of their sun sign, thats just utterly ridiculous.

Leo attention is not throwing a party and having the most people there.

This is what bothers me Most about peoples stereo type a leo. No matter ‘what’ a leo does is for attention. Thats just not how the leo energy works.

Yes leo likes attention, but it more personal and MUST be genuine. Ur leo friend did that for what ever other reason, not because hes a leo.

Seeking out attention is not the way leo wants attention. Leo wants attention just as any other human does, flattery, acceptance, true friendship, a shoulder to lean on. The big difference from a leo to maybe other signs is leos thrive on it on a more personal level.

Remember we all have leo somewhere in our chart, even if we dont have any leo planets.

I'd have to disagree. Gosh if I reflect back to any leo I've known I see this same kind of petty behaviour. They require far more adoration for doing the same amount of work or talent as the person next to them.

As for my chart, Leo is on my 10th cusp. So my mother, motherhood and public image is important. If I crave attention at all, it's through recognition of having children.

Lion o ness

I'd have to disagree. Gosh if I reflect back to any leo I've known I see this same kind of petty behaviour. They require far more adoration for doing the same amount of work or talent as the person next to them.

As for my chart, Leo is on my 10th cusp. So my mother, motherhood and public image is important. If I crave attention at all, it's through recognition of having children.

Hey if u want to continue thinking people do things just because of their sun sign be my guest. This convo isn't really worth the time or effort.

Abby83

Hey if u want to continue thinking people do things just because of their sun sign be my guest. This convo isn't really worth the time or effort.

I'm sorry if it offends you. I can see if you have a lot of planets in 6th house then you have a lot of virgo in you which changes things. But I can't change my experiences. And it's not just me who can see it so it's not imagined. My husband and parents have seen it as I was experiencing it as well. Maybe there's something in my chart? Who knows. But Leo's drain my energy

Osamenor

Staff member
I'm sorry if it offends you. I can see if you have a lot of planets in 6th house then you have a lot of virgo in you which changes things. But I can't change my experiences. And it's not just me who can see it so it's not imagined. My husband and parents have seen it as I was experiencing it as well. Maybe there's something in my chart? Who knows. But Leo's drain my energy

Then I guess I drain your energy, too. Sorry about that. Can't help being born in the middle of August!

Osamenor

Staff member
I like doing creative DIY projects. However i suck at it, but at least i keep trying 🤭

The important thing is the self development you get out of it. Leo is all about self development, to the fullest. That can result in an arrogant, stereotypical Leo, if the chart has plenty of other factors pointing in that direction. But more often, Leos are like kitty cats: shy ones, not the ones who demand pets from everyone they meet. Personal development happens in a more personal way.

My take is, the sign the sun is in modifies the personal growth message, and the house modifies it further. But Leo, being the home of the sun, has the same message as the sun. There's no modifier, it's just amplified. So, for a Leo sun, what you need for personal growth is modified by which house your sun is in, more than any other sun sign.

Lion o ness

The important thing is the self development you get out of it. Leo is all about self development, to the fullest. That can result in an arrogant, stereotypical Leo, if the chart has plenty of other factors pointing in that direction. But more often, Leos are like kitty cats: shy ones, not the ones who demand pets from everyone they meet. Personal development happens in a more personal way.

My take is, the sign the sun is in modifies the personal growth message, and the house modifies it further. But Leo, being the home of the sun, has the same message as the sun. There's no modifier, it's just amplified. So, for a Leo sun, what you need for personal growth is modified by which house your sun is in, more than any other sun sign.

Yeah i agree, my sun/moon/mercury are all conjunct
All 3 sextile gem saturn and libra uranus .

Im stable and secure yet i have a flaky side.
Its my venus sq pluto thats kicks
My butt!

Im comfortable in my own skin, and I'm confident.
My ego/mind/ emotions are all in line with each other.

R4VEN

If someone hurts my feelings or bruises the ego so to speak. I will feel that person is not worthy of me or my time. So i would just completely walk away feom that person. Never look back. Bruise my ego, i wont go after revenge. As that person wouldnt be worthy of me!
🥴

Lion o ness, the quoted paragraph describes me to a T, although prior to the age of 45 or so I wasn't brave enough to act on it. I just walk away, with no regrets. Life is too short to spend it with hurtful/abusive people. It took me a while to accept that I deserve better than that.

I always believed that to be a feature to do with my Sun-Pluto conj in Leo in the 7th, and maybe it is. (I also have Saturn and Mercury in Leo. The flamboyant Mercury in Leo is tempered by a Cap Asc, which is probably a good thing.)

waybread

Abby, I'm guessing you encounter all kinds of sun Leos in various interactions with people, without even knowing who is a sun Leo and who is not.

Incidently, my Leo moon broadly conjuncts Pluto (I'm a boomer) but is parallel within the degree.

Abby83

Waybread - your comment re Pluto conjunct sun struck a chord with me today. I've been told by many ppl that I'm intense and strong, though I don't feel that way. But I strongly dislike weakness in the form of bullies and flying monkeys. Going over the events of the last two days I've realised that my natal sun has been hammered and that I need to take on more sun qualities. Perhaps, like someone else here mentioned, my difficulties of my sun is making me despise sun and leo qualities. I mean, when Saturn was in Leo I had the best time. My life was going well in all spheres. I had a great job, great friends, exercised daily, fantastic health, and I met my husband. I wish life could be like that everyday.
And I have a question - when a natal planet experiences difficult aspects, is it more important to take on the qualities of that planet? Eg: with Pluto square sun, in 2017 I experienced abuse like never before. I was damned if I do damned if I don't. But only now, 2 yrs later do I feel like I can start looking after my sun.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
I mean, when Saturn was in Leo I had the best time. My life was going well in all spheres. I had a great job, great friends, exercised daily, fantastic health, and I met my husband. I wish life could be like that everyday.
Last time Saturn was in Leo, Neptune was in Aquarius and Jupiter passed through Scorpio. If you have anything in any fixed sign, particularly the later third of a fixed sign, it would've been caught in that t-square.

That may have been the ripe time for too good to be true experiences that felt like both the completely real thing and the answer to your prayers. But, Neptune opposite Saturn: there would also come a time when the illusion shattered. (My sun was transited by Saturn and opposed by Neptune during that time, and yes, a variation of that happened to me). If Saturn and Jupiter formed any kind of square/t-square/opposition transit to anything in your chart, particularly Mars or Moon, that would've been a great time for a new and serious relationship. Jupiter gets you interested, Saturn gets you committed.

But it sounds like it's your marriage that's taken the greatest toll on your health and self confidence: that's what you keep posting about again and again. Illusion shattered. Ugly roots showing.

Pluto conjunct sun, or aspecting sun, is bound to bring a lot of power, and power plays, into your life. Pluto is where we have power, where we're disempowered, and where we give power away. Libra, being all about balance between self and other, is at perhaps the greatest risk of giving power away.

Keep in mind that it's the sun's detriment: a Libra sun, paradoxically, has to develop self in a rather anti-ego way. Leo, in contrast, has no such dilemma: it's very clearly about the self, and self development. Leo sun people might struggle with sense of self and self esteem issues, maybe even more intensely than other sun signs do, but it clearly is about self. Libra has to constantly balance self with other, and all too often, the other wins at the expense of self.
And I have a question - when a natal planet experiences difficult aspects, is it more important to take on the qualities of that planet? Eg: with Pluto square sun, in 2017 I experienced abuse like never before. I was damned if I do damned if I don't. But only now, 2 yrs later do I feel like I can start looking after my sun.
You already have the qualities of Pluto. Pluto conjunct Sun: Pluto and what it symbolizes is so intrinsic to your sense of self that you can't experience one without the other. But, because Pluto is conjunct your Sun, Pluto square your Sun was also Pluto square natal Pluto. That intensified the Pluto message, and Sun was caught in the crossfire. Or, to put it more accurately, drowned out in that conversation.

If you experienced a strong sense of disempowerment at that time, that is what Pluto often does. Its power is so strong that most of us feel we can't wield it, and tend to give it away. Libra is already well conditioned to give away, and give too much away. Probably, you made a deeply unconscious decision, early in your life, to give your power away instead of trying to hold onto it. That really came back to bite when Pluto squared your Sun/Pluto.

Last edited:

Abby83

Osamenor - it's very kind of you to reply to me after my previous comment about Leos that offended you. I know you've helped me before with my own threads. I just haven't had good experiences with Leos which is why I said it.

Hmmmm... You know what? Perhaps I did give my power away but I don't think I knew what my power was in the first place. I thought I would just have 3 kids and it would be a piece of cake. Yes my illusion was shattered. My husband and I had it all figured out and it worked out nothing like what we imagined. I think the first step is to focus on that sun - vitality, rest, exercise, happiness, play. Maybe if I do that I won't hate on Leo's?

I think what U say about differences between a leo sun and libra sun is what P***es me off. I mean balancing between my self and the other is really hard. I would much rather work on my self.

Last edited:

Lion o ness

I think its more mindset. If you tell yourself you hate all leos you will attract leos that will give u a reason to hate them into your life. Its called the power of attraction. The universe gives you what u feel you need/ deserve. I recommend watching The Secret on netflix, this will explain the power of attraction.
The whole mindset of i hate all leos is comparable to saying i hate a specific nationality. Every sign has good and bad people every sign has positive and negative traits. But each if us choose how we use that energy. Each person is completely different and beautiful and unique in their own way. So to judge people just for their sun sign. Is more of a you issue. Like Hitler was a taurus i believe does that mean ever taurus will do what he did?? No of course not. He didnt do those things because he was a taurus. Leos dont do things just because they are a leo or any other sign.

I believe once you change your mind set, you will start ti see a different sude of people. Start attracting better people into your life.

Idk about your husband/family. But life just never turns out the way we expect. Life is hard and a struggle. All humans have this exact same experience. Things can just work out one way or another. Which puts us into the next phase of our life.

I always tell my self
Q. Why do i have to experience such hard times and struggle.
A. We have to struggle to better appreciate the good thats is coming just around the corner.
You cant have good if you never experience bad.
Without bad/ good better would just be every day normal. We would take the good for granted.
So dont take the good for granted, because there us still more struggle to come.

Its a never ending loop. Nothing about life is perfect.

Its not about what we go through, but its about how we handle what we go through.

ElenaJ

"Its not about what we go through, but its about how we handle what we go through."
So True,

Sun in a woman's chart also symbolises the men in her life. Conjunct Pluto would indicate a powerful, dominating man who takes control of your individuality.