Moon in Aquarius, marker of genius

Starsareround

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this placement. My Grandfather comes to mind, Aerospace engineer who worked for NASA, my brother who is a seismic engineer and college professor, and one of my closest friends who is a midwife (who graduated a top University with honors while solo parenting and working nights) who makes absolutely everything she does look easy as hell. I am seriously impressed by this placement, the more I become familiar with it's expressions. Also, this makes me wonder about the moon being more of an indicator of intelligence than other markers in the chart. Thoughts?

SunConjunctUranus

Oh I had this! Almost tightly conjunct to my Mars along with MC. Achievement on academic:
1. Drop Out of High School = Yes
2. Drop Out of College = Yes
Maybe the house and other aspect play in what you really mean and this is more unpredictable, erratic, and weird, I think.

I want to repeatedly said that mercurial sign are very quick and adaptable genius. And along with Pisces and Saggitarius as they are "inoperative" or "idea" native houses.

Uranus

Last edited:

BaoSanniang

Many have called me intelligent (Sun in Cancer, Moon in Aquarius), but never a genius or someone who's super bright. The older I get the less intellectual I feel, nor desire to be. I've had interest in many different topics, but I have never become accomplished or THAT well-read in any of them.

My Moon in Aquarius is honestly a bit of a mystery to me. I don't seem to have the humanitarian focus and tolerance found in many descriptions of Aquarius moon. I'm not detached from my ideas or emotions. A lot of times when I think I'm making a valid critique of something it takes no effort at all to see it's just emotion and feeling driven rambling rather than a real objective, analytical critique. If there's any part of me that can be considered detached or rebellious, I think it's a rebellion towards many structures and social norms and I'm detached in the sense that I am not easily swayed by what the group is feeling (unless I can relate to it) and I have a seeming inability to understand certain powerful emotions such as competition and drive because I tend to analyze the processes beneath.

However, when it comes to individuals, I am much softer at heart and I often fall for people who lie and steal by telling sob stories. I guess that's the Cancer part of me. I am what I think and feel, they're inseparable from me and impossible to be detached from. I'm also very easily swayed. Again, not by groups or by trends, but by people, by emotions, and by belief systems I've chosen to adopt.

If anyone has insight into why my Aquarius moon behaves so atypically, please let me know.

astro_w2gw_andrew_teng.64165.189317.png

Starsareround

Oh I had this! Almost tightly conjunct to my Mars along with MC. Achievement on academic:
1. Drop Out of High School = Yes
2. Drop Out of College = Yes
Maybe the house and other aspect play in what you really mean and this is more unpredictable, erratic, and weird, I think.

Uranus

Well my brother was a high school drop out and was homeless for a while before he figured his life out. I think it is the kind of intelligence that can be unpredictable, or that does not conform to an easily understood expression or life path. I believe it is a visionary placement, and will express itself if you put in the work (remember that Saturn rules Aquarius)

Some examples of Moon in Aquarius: Alfred Nobel, William Butler Yeats, Mohamed Al-Fayed, Annie Leibovitz, Michel Foucault, John Lennon, Wagner, Lacan, Charlotte Bronte, John Paul Sartre, Camus, Stephen Arroyo, Rainer Maria Rilke...

Last edited:

Starsareround

Many have called me intelligent (Sun in Cancer, Moon in Aquarius), but never a genius or someone who's super bright. The older I get the less intellectual I feel, nor desire to be. I've had interest in many different topics, but I have never become accomplished or THAT well-read in any of them.

My Moon in Aquarius is honestly a bit of a mystery to me. I don't seem to have the humanitarian focus and tolerance found in many descriptions of Aquarius moon. I'm not detached from my ideas or emotions. A lot of times when I think I'm making a valid critique of something it takes no effort at all to see it's just emotion and feeling driven rambling rather than a real objective, analytical critique. If there's any part of me that can be considered detached or rebellious, I think it's a rebellion towards many structures and social norms and I'm detached in the sense that I am not easily swayed by what the group is feeling (unless I can relate to it) and I have a seeming inability to understand certain powerful emotions such as competition and drive because I tend to analyze the processes beneath.

However, when it comes to individuals, I am much softer at heart and I often fall for people who lie and steal by telling sob stories. I guess that's the Cancer part of me. I am what I think and feel, they're inseparable from me and impossible to be detached from. I'm also very easily swayed. Again, not by groups or by trends, but by people, by emotions, and by belief systems I've chosen to adopt.

If anyone has insight into why my Aquarius moon behaves so atypically, please let me know.

View attachment 78467

I'm testing some theories but I suspect it has something to do with diligence. The Moon in Aquarius is the raw material that requires serious shaping. What in the chart points to the ability and/or interest in that shaping and molding is what I'm wondering about...

SunConjunctUranus

I believe it is a visionary placement,

This sound more like Jupiter (traditional) and/or Neptune (modern). This would become very strong root intelligence from the support of mercurial basic facts and fundamental informations.

and will express itself if you put in the work (remember that Saturn rules Aquarius)

Yes, sometimes I think Aquarius intelligence have delay/loading mode (probably influence from "Greatest Teacher" Saturn himself) and too stuborn about their idea. :crying:

SunConjunctUranus

View attachment 78467

Bro, your moon doesn't have hard aspect on it that could be the reason why you are not driven to expressing your moon trait.

watcherofthesouth

Moon can mean home and Aquarius means "to cut" which can translate to homelessness or other issue at home. Well-aspected planets in Aquarius can definitely represent higher thinking/genius level. Moon and Mercury especially. Or the mother is very intelligent/gifted.

Starsareround

Moon can mean home and Aquarius means "to cut" which can translate to homelessness or other issue at home. Well-aspected planets in Aquarius can definitely represent higher thinking/genius level. Moon and Mercury especially. Or the mother is very intelligent/gifted.

I agree about the well aspected planets in Aquarius, but my brother does not have a well aspected moon, nor does my grandfather. It's a puzzle. My oldest son also has this moon. He's precocious and way smarter than I am already. There's definitely something in my family, at any rate, about Aquarius moons.

Last edited:

watcherofthesouth

I think it could mean a combination of different results (bad home situation but still very intelligent). Uranus is similar. Though it means an out-of-the-box thinker, or an astrologer - it can also mean divorce, even suicide. Aquarius and Uranus are at a higher octave than most. Many astrologers with successful careers are divorced.. So there again, high level thinking and home issues.

Starsareround

I think it could mean a combination of different results (bad home situation but still very intelligent). Uranus is similar. Though it means an out-of-the-box thinker, or an astrologer - it can also mean divorce, even suicide. Aquarius and Uranus are at a higher octave than most. Many astrologers with successful careers are divorced.. So there again, high level thinking and home issues.

Absolutely agree. I hope for my son's sake that he feels supported emotionally and does not have to follow the intelligence/ home strife pattern (also seen in my grandfather's life). We relate to each other on a rather intellectual level though and through humor, so I come up with creative ways to let him know how loved he is.

Starsareround

And..yay!!
My son actually has some nice aspects to his moon for once in the history of Aquarius moons in my family :happy:

Last edited:

watcherofthesouth

Yes, I was about to say.. you are a caring mother and that obviously proves there are some very good aspects. I think we are all tested and have the rug pulled out from under us at one point in our lives - and it doesn't always mean the worst. I was just telling someone who was worried about a Mercury transit that she was going to have a car accident tomorrow. But I told her that it could also just mean sitting in traffic..

wan

As a Scorpio moon, I have to say I really envy Aquarius-mooners. Not for their intellect, but for the fact that they are way less emotional and that they think more than they feel. I would KILL to have these traits.

Starsareround

As a Scorpio moon, I have to say I really envy Aquarius-mooners. Not for their intellect, but for the fact that they are way less emotional and that they think more than they feel. I would KILL to have these traits.

Wan, I feel the same. Very envious of this placement :)

katydid

And..yay!!
My son actually has some nice aspects to his moon for once in the history of Aquarius moons in my family :happy:

My 26 yr old daughter has her Moon @ 3Aquarius. It is in her 3rd house and very well aspected. It is trining her Gemini Sun and sextile her Sag Asc.

When she was first born, I saw her Moon in Aquarius and it worried me. lol

Being a Scorpio myself, with a Cap Moon in the 8th, I though 'oh oh... we might butt heads..' Which we did during her teen years, quite a bit...:happy:

But as her life unfolded, I learned a newfound love and respect for Moon in Aquarius energy. :love:

She processes emotions much differently than I do, thank goodness. She is able to be more objective and logical, even during emotionally difficult times.

She has the ability to step back, look at the big picture, and watch from a more detached place, UNTIL she feels ready to wade into the emotional depths. Then she feels things as deeply and emotionally as I do. It just takes her a bit longer to dive in. :sideways:

SunConjunctUranus

And..yay!!

So Your Cap Sun and Cap Asc son are having Aqua moon? Hahahah that could be very well developed intelligence. ESPECIALLY that their Mom is super develop intelligence too hahahah, I'm sure you already manage them to develop their intelligence and natural talent. Okay Good luck Starareround!

Starsareround

So Your Cap Sun and Cap Asc son are having Aqua moon? Hahahah that could be very well developed intelligence. ESPECIALLY that their Mom is super develop intelligence too hahahah, I'm sure you already manage them to develop their intelligence and natural talent. Okay Good luck Starareround!

Thanks!!!
I have two sons: one has Leo sun and Cap asc Aqua moon
The other has Cap sun Libra moon and Taurus asc

Both air moons and I’ve got no air at all!!!😂👽

Last edited:

Starsareround

My Libra moon son also has an interesting chart...very Jupiterinan (Sun in 9th conjunct Jupiter) he had a speech delay and was misunderstood by his teachers (one assumed he was learning disabled and put him in a remedial group) my son actually got ahold of the advanced math group test and answered all the questions correctly and brought it to the teacher and asked him “why did you put me in that group?” The teacher told me this laughing and impressed at his gumption and math ability. I think the three of us are all a little different but I’ll take it!

Starsareround

My 26 yr old daughter has her Moon @ 3Aquarius. It is in her 3rd house and very well aspected. It is trining her Gemini Sun and sextile her Sag Asc.

When she was first born, I saw her Moon in Aquarius and it worried me. lol

Being a Scorpio myself, with a Cap Moon in the 8th, I though 'oh oh... we might butt heads..' Which we did during her teen years, quite a bit...:happy:

But as her life unfolded, I learned a newfound love and respect for Moon in Aquarius energy. :love:

She processes emotions much differently than I do, thank goodness. She is able to be more objective and logical, even during emotionally difficult times.

She has the ability to step back, look at the big picture, and watch from a more detached place, UNTIL she feels ready to wade into the emotional depths. Then she feels things as deeply and emotionally as I do. It just takes her a bit longer to dive in. :sideways:

Interesting! I actually have no idea how my son manages to understand so much at such a young age. It’s as though he’s lived a million lives and has seen it all. He’s also very humanitarian in his approach, but not overly sympathetic. He’s also very very funny. Was your daughter always interested in equity and fairness from a young age? One thing about my son is he was never greedy in the way that I think I probably was as a kid and seems like is common among kids. He’s always been principled, it’s unusual.