Left eye tear duct significator

Cap

What is the natural significator of left eye tear duct (for women)?

I understand that Sun is the natural significator of left eye for women. Can Sun be used as significator for eye tear duct as well?

dr. farr

From my studies of medical astrology, the tear duct is affinitive to the Moon (regardless of which eye): so, in a woman, problems with the left eye's tear duct would have us look at Moon and Sun, with particular emphasis upon the Moon's placement and conditions...

Frisiangal

To add to Dr. Farr's comments, further information can also be provided depending upon chart aspects and what 'ailment' affects the tear duct.

I have a family member with only Sun-Pluto in Cancer, Moon is in Gemini
with a further heavy fire/air influence. She has NEVER been able to cry; has dry eyes which cause(d) considerable pain.

Sun in Gemini sister, Moon in Taurus. She has an abundance of water in the chart, yet has the same 'dry eye' problem. Chokes up with emotion rather than cry.

Both have NN in an Earth sign. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Son has a 7th house late Moon in Virgo conjunct Pluto early Libra, trine Saturn 29*Taurus, and opposing Venus in Pisces. Suffered badly from pus in and blocking the tear duct when a baby, that had to be surgically fixed. Showing outer emotion remains a problem for him, especially with Asc.-Sun-NN in Aquarius. His traumatic divorce helped in bringing out his feelings.

Last edited:

Cap

Thank you Dr Farr and Frisiangal!

It is for my mother, she suffers from excessive secretion of tears in the left eye only. She asked horary question "Will tear duct surgery fix the problem?". In my opinion, the answer is negative. Part of surgery falls @ 22 TAU 54.

Further more, I've cast event chart for March 4th 2014 when the surgery is scheduled (time of surgery is unknown yet, I used 10 a.m.) and both Mars and Saturn are retrograde. Mars retrograde of course is absolute NO when surgery is in question. This is pretty complicated procedure that requires drilling through bone structure and again, Saturn retrograde is absolute NO for something like that.

I gave her advice to postpone the surgery, more so because her problem is not in category of life threatening emergencies.

I'll attach horary, event and her natal chart in case you have comments.

Attachments

• surgery horary.JPG
    surgery horary.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 34
  • surgery event.JPG
    surgery event.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 42
  • mother natal.JPG
    mother natal.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 46

dr. farr

With the horary I fully agree it indicates a no answer: with the part of surgery = the quesited, sharing the same sign as the SN, and being opposed by Moon and Saturn, and her significator Mars flowing away from the Part, all indicate a no answer (by the "Ankara" horary method) Even using the non-horary Magic 8 Ball we get a no: the quesited (ie the Part of Surgery) falling in Taurus, with the SN positing Taurus, automatically gives a no answer according to 8 Ball "rules".

The event chart I'll have to study a bit more.

Frisiangal

With the horary I fully agree it indicates a no answer: with the part of surgery = the quesited, sharing the same sign as the SN, and being opposed by Moon and Saturn, and her significator Mars flowing away from the Part, all indicate a no answer (by the "Ankara" horary method) Even using the non-horary Magic 8 Ball we get a no: the quesited (ie the Part of Surgery) falling in Taurus, with the SN positing Taurus, automatically gives a no answer according to 8 Ball "rules".

The event chart I'll have to study a bit more.
I still have difficulty understanding horary perception accurately.
Are you saying that the horary chart implies:
No; surgery will not 'fix the problem' (as asked), or
No; surgery should not be on the date allocated, or
No; surgery should not go ahead at all ?
:smile:

Cap

I still have difficulty understanding horary perception accurately.
Are you saying that the horary chart implies:
No; surgery will not 'fix the problem' (as asked), or
No; surgery should not be on the date allocated, or
No; surgery should not go ahead at all ?
:smile:

IMO, the answer should be considered only for the exact question that was asked. Those kind of surgeries are not always successful.

No; surgery will not 'fix the problem' (as asked)

dr. farr

Regarding the 2nd chart (event chart considered within electional parameters) I do not like how:
-tear-duct significator Moon is disposited by Mars (Moon in Aries)
Now, true, eye significator Sun is posited in the 10th whole sign house and is in trine to its sign (Pisces) dispositor, Jupiter, and Jupiter is exalted in Cancer: HOWEVER-and I think this is more relating to later ramifications of the anticipated surgery rather than to immediate effects of the operation-note that Uranus is in eact square to Jupiter, and that Pluto is within 3 degrees of exact opposition with Jupiter as well. Add to this that tear-duct significator Moon is exactly square the Part of Fortune (physical health and well being) and that Mars is conjunct the Nodal Axis (Line of Fate as it was once referred to), I fully agree with the OP that this time for surgery on the tear-duct, seems a poor one, and that the matter should be postponed...

Frisiangal

It is continuing problem for past 3 years.

Hi again,
I wonder if it is coincidence that approx. 3 years ago, secondary progressed Jupiter in retrograde motion was conjunct its natal position in the 12th house. Depending upon one's astrological application and if the birth time could be trusted, Jupiter would rule the 2nd and 4th houses.
Secondary progressed Sun trined Jupiter from Aries.
In the last few years sec.progr. Moon has worked its way through Aquarius. As co-ruler 8th house, it would have activated the air trine through an 'emotional' perspective. It's now in Pisces, where it would have activated natal Mercury (duct?) along with transiting Neptune (virus/toxic complaint?), and is now in the vicinity of sec. progr. Venus. Venus rules natal 6th house.

Looking at the sec. progr. personal planets, Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars are all working their way through the natal 4th house of the chart. Irrespective of the aspects they are making from that house, it would seem that there is a lot of 'inner sadness, regret and grief' that the individual is having to deal with emotionally. Natal Saturn is in the 8th house anyway. Transiting Saturn through the 12th could suggest a time when a clear out of emotional garbage is necessary. If the natal Air influence was Always stronger and kept one 'dry-eyed', maybe the current complaint is a (sub- un- soul conscious) way of finally dealing with it all?

If a progressed Sun in Aries in 5th house trine Scorpio Asc. is able 'to consciously energise' and undergo a personal transition, perhaps eye surgery will not become necessary....as per the horary chart?

Last edited:

Cap

Thank you all for your help and expertise!

In conversation with my mother I've found out that current diagnosis is that her tear duct is obstructed/blocked thus unable to conduct the flow of tear secretion in normal way.

In light of these horary and event charts, she will postpone the surgery and apply herbal remedies for 6 months or so to see whether there will be some improvement and then maybe reconsider the surgery as the last option.

dr. farr

I would definitely recommend a trial of the homeopathic cell salt Silica (aka "Silicea") at the 6x attenuation (6x tablets-4 tablets allowed to dissolve on the tongue, once daily, 4 days on one day off, for about 5 or 6 weeks course) Its completely safe, non-toxic, harmless (yet often effective)...

Cap

I would definitely recommend a trial of the homeopathic cell salt Silica (aka "Silicea") at the 6x attenuation (6x tablets-4 tablets allowed to dissolve on the tongue, once daily, 4 days on one day off, for about 5 or 6 weeks course) Its completely safe, non-toxic, harmless (yet often effective)...

Update:

After 6 weeks of use of homeopathic cell salt Silica there is significant improvement, however condition is still not cured completely. There is no doubt that this was far better option than surgery.

Question:

Should patient (my mother) continue to use homeopathic cell salt Silica for another round of 6 weeks?

dr. farr

As a homeopathic practitioner, my answer would be yes; if after another 6 week period there is little or no further improvement, then either the potency (attenuation) of the remedy would need to be altered, or another complimentary-to-silica remedy would need to be exhibited.

Thanks for the update-and best wishes for your mother's improved health.

Frisiangal

Update:

After 6 weeks of use of homeopathic cell salt Silica there is significant improvement, however condition is still not cured completely. There is no doubt that this was far better option than surgery.

This is so good to read and a recommendation for use of homeopathic products that produce no side effects whatsoever.

Hats off to Dr. Farr. I wonder where he can be found in mother's natal/transit chart.:wink::smile:

kimbermoon

April 11: I can relate to this problem because over the past year, I have been having problems with my right eye, where it suddenly starts to sting with tears overflowing. Personally I see a connection with the Moon/Neptune conjunct here, showing fluctuations in one's 'vision'. In my case I don't have the conjunct natally, but am currently having Neptune transiting natal Moon in Pisces; for me it all seems to really be an allergy reaction; it only happens infrequently thankfully, because I end up not being able to see the computer screen efficiently when this happens, and allergy eye drops seem to ultimately help. I do have a cataract in that eye, so I don't know if that is a contributing factor or not. Thus far surgery for that has not been indicated. Admittedly I am not adept at medical astrology but I do think it is connected to the Moon and Neptune, as this is what jumped out at me when first viewing the natal chart. Note also the square of the conjunction with natal Venus as well. Of note is the fact that Mars is also currently retro to activate the natal conjunction as well. I hope she will have a resolution for this difficulty.

dr. farr

Certainly Moon, Neptune, Venus have a connection with fluids such as tears-and Mars as an inflammatory causal factor can activate a condition which then the system attempts to ameliorate by the soothing response of the flow of liquids (tears in this case)