Moon Sign and Food

Osamenor

Staff member
Interesting thread idea. No unique connection between my tastes and the Moon’s sign itself. My tastes run more along the lines of the Moon’s dispositor.

What's your Moon's sign and dispositor? How do you see your food tastes matching the dispositor more than the sign?

Osamenor

Staff member
Yes... My comfort food is bread + chocolate drink every morning. This combo is a must have since childhood until now. Other meals during the day vary.

So bread is Cancerian....
Baking it is very Cancerian. As is bread itself, because it's starchy and a comfort food. I think of it as being very ethnic, too: every culture has its own bread. Your people, your identity in the sense of where you came from, your family and ethnicity, is also Cancerian.

One idea for a gathering, where there are people from many different ethnic backgrounds (as there are where I live, and I know of this kind of gathering actually being done) is have everyone bring a kind of bread from their ancestral culture. For people who can claim more than one ancestral culture, they get to choose.

Actually I work as a street food hawker in Malaysia. I sell Lángos which is a traditional Hungarian food (I am Hungarian). And.... It's a fried flatbread :D

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A1ngos

So my Cancer Moon in my chart has been elevated on a professional level :)

Osamenor

Staff member
Interesting hearing everyone's moon and food stories!

I'm seeing some common themes: Cancer moon comfort food seems to be a thing, one way or another. And Aquarius moon either choosing what to eat for ethical reasons or having a detached "food is just fuel, I'll eat anything" approach.

I've wondered what a very Taurus moon approach would be. My ex has one, and we would often cook together, or for each other. He was never that fussy about food, but did go through some periods of eating pretty much only vegetables because he thought that was better for his health (he also has a lot of Virgo in his chart).

ElenaJ

"Taurus moon approach would be. My ex has one, and we would often cook together, or for each other. He was never that fussy about food, but did go through some periods of eating pretty much only vegetables because he thought that was better for his health"

That was mine!

"Interesting thread.
Moon in taurus here, I prefer solid down to earth foods where I can see and feel the ingredients, not fancy elegant recipes.
About bread, my husband has cancer Venus and he could live on bread. He has a virgo moon conjunct Jupiter, so sweets are his big thing, and he does like to try new things so apparently the Jupiter overrides the virgo.
Seems to be some correlations here."

Further to your comment, or as a confirmation, at the moment my taurus moon is steering me towards lots of vegetables.

Domna

Short answer: NO!

Moon in Virgo here. I'm not at all picky when it comes to what kind of food it is, so long as it's made well and has lots of flavor. I especially love decadent, rich and exotic foods. I just love good food, and i don't discriminate. I go the extra mile so that I can eat something really tasty very day. If I can't have something awesome I'd rather not eat at all. I'm the type of person who would snack on honey roasted figs with goat cheese, or chocolate dipped strawberries, or parma ham rolls... I also love good old traditional foods, so long as they are made from scratch with a lot of attention to quality, taste and aesthetics.

Doesn't sound very Virgo to me... My Moon is in the 12th, trine 3rd house Capricorn Neptune (conj. IC), square 9th house Gemini Sun, sextile 2nd house Scorpio Pluto and sextile 9th house Cancer Mars/Mercury (conj. MC).

Ukpoohbear

Moon 3rd house Sag conjunct Ceres, Saturn, Uranus.

My relationship with food has been interesting. One of the family stories about me is when I asked for a chocolate biscuit and was told to get one myself I would come back with one in each hand but I was also very picky and became a vegetarian at 9 years old, like Katydid’s daughter, as soon as I picked up on the killing of animals.

I was very skinny growing up because I was still a very picky eater and would need to remind myself to eat because I was so busy and couldn’t be bothered sitting down to eat. As I’ve gotten older tho, my passion for food can be seen with enjoying home-cooking, having friends over for dinner, which I’m known for entertaining my friends and neighbours.

I’m less skinny now and actually need to move about more and eat less lol but food is just in amazing commodity in life. I’m an Enron all eater, as moon in 3rd conjunct Ceres suggests, and my days are filled enjoyment about what to eat. To counter this, I cook healthy foods at home and I’m in a good place if I’m addicted to some healthy meal (like Muesli with milk and a big dollop of strawberry Icelandic yogurt for its high protein content thrown in), but I love cakes, crisps (chips), fries (chips), only good thing is I don’t have a home fryer because I consider them rather dangerous so I don’t cook chips/fries at home).

But when I plan to meet up with friends it’s always for a meal or food is included as per of the exercusion and a good meal becomes a way I remember places (oh remember that time I had fried halloumi ill need to go back there or as I then recreated it for a few weeks after at home).

Still a vegetarian, still like biscuits.

I’m really loving noodles just now, but I always love your typical comfort food of bread, pasta, cheese, milk etc. And treat myself on payday by eating out.

In a world and life that is too harsh at times, food is a gift from the gods just like sleep and cuddles.

ElenaJ

Moon 3rd house Sag conjunct Ceres, Saturn, Uranus.

My relationship with food has been interesting. One of the family stories about me is when I asked for a chocolate biscuit and was told to get one myself I would come back with one in each hand but I was also very picky and became a vegetarian at 9 years old, like Katydid’s daughter, as soon as I picked up on the killing of animals.

I was very skinny growing up because I was still a very picky eater and would need to remind myself to eat because I was so busy and couldn’t be bothered sitting down to eat. As I’ve gotten older tho, my passion for food can be seen with enjoying home-cooking, having friends over for dinner, which I’m known for entertaining my friends and neighbours.

I’m less skinny now and actually need to move about more and eat less lol but food is just in amazing commodity in life. I’m an Enron all eater, as moon in 3rd conjunct Ceres suggests, and my days are filled enjoyment about what to eat. To counter this, I cook healthy foods at home and I’m in a good place if I’m addicted to some healthy meal (like Muesli with milk and a big dollop of strawberry Icelandic yogurt for its high protein content thrown in), but I love cakes, crisps (chips), fries (chips), only good thing is I don’t have a home fryer because I consider them rather dangerous so I don’t cook chips/fries at home).

But when I plan to meet up with friends it’s always for a meal or food is included as per of the exercusion and a good meal becomes a way I remember places (oh remember that time I had fried halloumi ill need to go back there or as I then recreated it for a few weeks after at home).

Still a vegetarian, still like biscuits.

I’m really loving noodles just now, but I always love your typical comfort food of bread, pasta, cheese, milk etc. And treat myself on payday by eating out.

In a world and life that is too harsh at times, food is a gift from the gods just like sleep and cuddles.

Moon on Ceres is very interesting here, the nurturer. With Saturn and Uranus it has held back and diversified!

Ukpoohbear

Moon on Ceres is very interesting here, the nurturer. With Saturn and Uranus it has held back and diversified!

Yes Ceres probably gives me the love of food, along with Venus sauté moon tending to go a bit far with it. Ceres is in Capricorn so I take food rather seriously but it’s definitely diversified. It was actually thought at one point I had an eating disorder because I was so skinny and lax about food, but that changed probably when I got happier and there was never any eating disorders in my head.

In my initial post, ‘an Enron all eater’ was meant to read ‘an emotional eater.’

ElenaJ

Yes Ceres probably gives me the love of food, along with Venus sauté moon tending to go a bit far with it. Ceres is in Capricorn so I take food rather seriously but it’s definitely diversified. It was actually thought at one point I had an eating disorder because I was so skinny and lax about food, but that changed probably when I got happier and there was never any eating disorders in my head.

In my initial post, ‘an Enron all eater’ was meant to read ‘an emotional eater.’

Yes, the auto corrector can drive one crazy.

All you write seems to connect Ceres with Saturn/uranus.

"Ceres is the Earth Mother. She rules over health, nutrition, agriculture, and overall, a universal nourishing that permeates everything we touch and are touched by. She also symbolizes fertility, the transitions a woman experiences through the various stages in her life, motherhood, and the fierce energy that family relationships are intertwined with. Ceres describes what we need to feel nurtured in this life and how we nurture those around us."

Ukpoohbear

Yes, the auto corrector can drive one crazy.

All you write seems to connect Ceres with Saturn/uranus.

"Ceres is the Earth Mother. She rules over health, nutrition, agriculture, and overall, a universal nourishing that permeates everything we touch and are touched by. She also symbolizes fertility, the transitions a woman experiences through the various stages in her life, motherhood, and the fierce energy that family relationships are intertwined with. Ceres describes what we need to feel nurtured in this life and how we nurture those around us."

It probably has a bigger effect on me than I realise, I’m known for having a very down-to-earth vibe in rl and Ceres in Capricorn fits that description to a t. I probably heal myself through food so that’s something I can be conscious of moving forward in life, healing others through food, quite simply because it’s done with love :)

ElenaJ

It probably has a bigger effect on me than I realise, I’m known for having a very down-to-earth vibe in rl and Ceres in Capricorn fits that description to a t. I probably heal myself through food so that’s something I can be conscious of moving forward in life, healing others through food, quite simply because it’s done with love :)

Yes, and Saturn expresses itself well in Capricorn.

starsRus

One more, who's my sister. She's an Aries moon,and she really does cook quick, its like she'll not think about what she's really doing and will just throw everything together and hope for the best.

She, more than actually cooking will eat on the go, standing at the cooker and stirring the pot is not really her thing. She's burnt many things from not remembering she has something in the oven or on the stove.

She does like her food though, and yes she does eat quick....infact very quick. Last time i was sat at the table with her, i was eating a burnt tuna past bake, i was only halfway through mine and she was done.

As for taste wise, she's not a fussy eater, she'll eat anything really. Oh but she does like spicy food.

Interesting about the burning thing, when mars rules fire.

Haha

This is me, although my Aries moon is in 4th house , most days cooking is rushed I have the odd day where I spend a long time cooking a dish . And most foods I eat are hot and spicy. My local Indian adds extra heat to my curries. Overall I eat anything , I’m not fussy, just trying to eat more healthy now though as I’ve gained weight pushing 40. So extra chillies to speed up the metabolism ...

three M symbols

I'm a Virgo Moon & Sun
I like a lot of kinds of foods. I like to cook, but I hate to loose soo much time everyday at doing it. For this, I act on my impulses (Aries rules 6th house). Mars is strong in my chart. (conjunct Scorpio ASC. & Unaspected).

I'm able to do a diet eating things I hate just for my health for a year or two (if I have deficiencies for example). Or I could just eat "junk food" or things cooked but without any vegetables or fruits. I also have an addiction with sugar (sweet things) since I was 12yo. It could be the aspect Pluto squares Moon. Or Jupiter in 2nd house. I don't really know

As a virgo Moon, I can be obsessed about things like cleaning a salad 6 times, checking the cleanliness of the tools, or washing too much my hands. I had many hypocondria issues in the past.

So, I try to stay in the balance. Eat a few fresh vegetables and fruits from times to times. To limit sweet things in order to not just eat that all day and no other thing. And to choose ingredients that are not too chemical. I also learned a lot about the powers of food. I do not like to take medicine so If I have to heal I prefer to use natural technics.

I don't agree with the person that said Virgo Moon "will never finish a full meal". I often take a second plate or sometimes more (If it's very well made and a lot tasty).
There must be another reason why someone does not finish his meal. (maybe a weight issue, appetite issues, or depression, etc..)

Last edited:

zipadee

Ha! I'm pretty late on this forum, but a moon in pisces here :wink: Edit: just realized also, my moon is also conjunct ceres on desc so it's cool there's someone else with that aspect since I don't know much about it

I was a very light, light eater when I was young, but never picky. I would never tell someone I didn't like something, but I recall many times when food would sit in front of me for 8 hours or more, I was never that hungry and I would just pick at food for long-extended periods of time.

My mom eventually got on me about it and now I eat everything that's on the plate (whether I wanted that much food or not) entirely and very quickly, this is only if the food is made by others.

When I live by myself I make myself one giant meal a day (always pasta with homemade sauce), this isn't by choice but due to time constraints/insomnia. I'm open to all food everywhere, not picky at all, and am quite open to trying new things. I must admit that I get rather bored by bland food.

Woops, actually I was raised as a pescetarian (ironically enough) so I don't eat most meats, I won't say anything if someone's made a dinner or something with it, but otherwise, no.

My favorite foods are Italian and Indian. I have a particular taste and love for specific foods or treats which I subsequently present to others who (conveniently) find they do not like these foods. The only characteristic I can think of that ties my favorite foods together is that they all have a strong, very specific flavor (that cannot usually be found in any other foods). These favorites become long-standing obsessions of mine. Some examples: green tea mochi, green tea ice cream, brie, smoked salmon, bubble tea, lychee, pomegranates, key lime pie...etc.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Woops, actually I was raised as a pescetarian (ironically enough) so I don't eat most meats, I won't say anything if someone's made a dinner or something with it, but otherwise, no.

My favorite foods are Italian and Indian. I have a particular taste and love for specific foods or treats which I subsequently present to others who (conveniently) find they do not like these foods. The only characteristic I can think of that ties my favorite foods together is that they all have a strong, very specific flavor (that cannot usually be found in any other foods). These favorites become long-standing obsessions of mine. Some examples: green tea mochi, green tea ice cream, brie, smoked salmon, bubble tea, lychee, pomegranates, key lime pie...etc.[/QUOTE]

So, Pisces moon that loves fish. Right in theme.