Libra Risings- What did Saturn do?

Ankhesenamun

Hello everyone :sideways:

K so to get straight to the point, Saturn went over our Libra ascendants not too long ago. Some of us in the late degrees still have Saturn transiting our first house. I think it would be cool to start a discussion about how that transit affected your life.

I'm not an astrologer, only learning. Saturn moving from the 12th into the 1st is supposed to herald new beginnings. Almost like shedding your old life and starting over. If you care to share, what has been your experience? Even if your Asc isn't Libra, you can still answer :joyful:

My own experience:

That interpretation indeed rings true for me. As Saturn made a pass over my Asc, I got pregnant. Any parents here know that is a MAJOR life changer!! Lada Duncheva, on YouTube, says that this transit is common for when women become mothers; Saturn's key words include "long-term" and "responsibility", so it makes sense. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKret7-Yjmg )

Everything that my life was before, was washed away. I had a job, a car, was in school---all that was taken! Now I am here basically bare-handed, with no $ (I've been applying to jobs w/ no luck so far). Just my son and I looking ahead into uncertainty. I also got really skinny. Apparently that's an effect of Saturn transiting thru the 1st house. As it gets closer to my 2nd house, I am plumping up a little. lol

There's a lot more I could say but I wanna see if anyone else wants to add their word first. :D

Attachments

• astro_24gw_01_anonymous_201418.66344.48848.jpg
    astro_24gw_01_anonymous_201418.66344.48848.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 24

kimbermoon

Saturn crossing my Ascendant fell shortly after my first Saturn return in Scorpio ^12th H; I also got pregnant, having already had two young girls in tow...things got worse after it crossed the ASC when I chose to separate from the children`s father and learn to stand on my own. Within the next four years I lost my mother to heart disease; followed 4 years later by my father; the theme of death was certainly quite apparent, in terms of the types of losses I experienced, so I concur that this a time of endings leading to new beginnings; a thorough cleaning out of the closet, so to speak.​

For you, you still have some years before your Saturn Return, which may serve to be rather disruptive as well, and perhaps a reinforcement of what you have recently experienced in relationships. Things may already be starting to get rather unstable for you also, as Saturn is moving towards your nPluto. This year may place increased stressors on the dynamic t-square between your Pluto, Venus and Mars, so consider the areas of life affected by these planets, via rulership. The move of Saturn in Libra to Scorpio, may well have even more dramatic and intense implications for you, with Pluto also transiting your natal Saturn.​

Ankhesenamun

Thank you for your reply kimbermoon. :)

That's fascinating that you also got pregnant! Wow. I'm sorry to hear all that transpired. My condolences.

Like you, I separated from my son's father too. Saturn is activating my Tsquare now...yup...things have been wild and dramatic lately on the home and relationship front! I am a ball of tension and feel so unstable. I will do my best to keep an even keel this year. Things should ease up towards the end of the year though, when Saturn goes into Sag.

Ankhesenamun

Well I just realized that Aries does go into my 7th house, lol. Aries spans most of the 6th, and only a bit of the 7th. I didn't realize my DC would be affected by Uranus. Thanks...something to think about.

M

may28gemini

I have natal Libra Saturn on my Libra Asc (same degree). When T Libra Saturn came, I not only went through my 1st Saturn's return, but experienced a drastic change.

I suppose the biggest was my divorce... that was the external change. I also lost weight quite rapidly and I had a complete wardrobe overhaul. The internal change, well... it's related to my personality- I became more confident on my own, and although I've always liked being a loner, I became more secure being alone and not rely on anyone. I prefer solitude and I understand and prefer freedom from everyone and everything. I use to bend over backwards for others, esp. when people pushed me around, I use to be quiet and not say much. During the transit/Saturn's return, I stopped caring about others to the detriment of my own, so I started throwing the book at people (and most definitely deserve it, but only if I deemed them worthy of time/investment) and I like myself much more now than ever before. Although I had what would be the raw material to be what my natal chart shows about me, the Saturn transit just made me more of a solid person, practical, and hardcore realistic.

Last edited: