Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Questions on Relational Issues

Horary Questions on Relational Issues For horary questions about relationships.

Unread 04-29-2014, 02:08 AM
Banned

Combustion

Deleted against misuse.

Last edited by Tessie; 03-27-2015 at 03:05 AM.
Unread 04-29-2014, 04:08 AM

Re: Combustion

For me (and please note that I follow an alternative horary methodology)
-a significator being combust, while (usually) detrimental to the signification, is not cancelled out (for its horary application) due to such combust state
-I accept varying orbs of combustion depending upon the planet involved (rather than a set orb for all planets): the combust orb I follow for Mercury (and Moon and Venus) is 3 degrees; in the reference chart, Mercury is just beyond the 3 degree "limit", and so (from my perspective) is emerging from combustion
-his significator (according to the horary method I follow) = 7th house = Gemini = Mercury
-your significator = 1st house = Sagittarius = Jupiter; Jupiter is not combust in the reference chart (your co-significator, from my perspective, is the Moon: by the planetary-based combustion orbs I follow, Moon is not yet combust; so, for me, none of the significators in the reference chart are combust)
Unread 04-29-2014, 09:15 AM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessie View Post
Hi!

I was in a long-term relationship with this guy, some time ago. I broke it off because he had some issues. We cant help but be close nevertheless.

About six months ago we had a far-reaching but necessary dispute. It was again initiated by me about him. It cleared the air but severed all lines of communication, due to some legal implications.

I am wondering if he still thinks about me, as in, if I am special to him, or if I am out of his mind now?

I am confused about the interpretation because of the combustion and that both our significators are combusted. I know Lilly says that combustion means the querent is in fear, I am not sure it is the case here. Not for me at least. I am eager to hear an informed technique about how this chart may be interpreted, please.
mercury is combust but not jupiter
Unread 05-01-2014, 05:45 AM

For me (remember this is NOT standard horary) since:
-his significator Mercury (lord of the 7th whole sign house/Gemini) flows toward querent's significator Jupiter (lord of the 1st house/Sagittarius), and further that the significators are within orb of an applying sextile...
....means (to ME) a yes answer to this question (yes he still thinks about the querent)
Unread 05-01-2014, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessie View Post
Hi!

I was in a long-term relationship with this guy, some time ago. I broke it off because he had some issues. We cant help but be close nevertheless.

About six months ago we had a far-reaching but necessary dispute. It was again initiated by me about him. It cleared the air but severed all lines of communication, due to some legal implications.

I am wondering if he still thinks about me, as in, if I am special to him, or if I am out of his mind now?

I am confused about the interpretation because of the combustion and that both our significators are combusted. I know Lilly says that combustion means the querent is in fear, I am not sure it is the case here. Not for me at least. I am eager to hear an informed technique about how this chart may be interpreted, please.
Since Mercury is the one combust, it shows that the guy was recently in and is currently leaving a state of fear. This happens in the 4th house of home and property and is associated with the 8th house of death, debt, and loss. How is he doing financially?
Unread 05-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
For me (remember this is NOT standard horary) since:
-his significator Mercury (lord of the 7th whole sign house/Gemini) flows toward querent's significator Jupiter (lord of the 1st house/Sagittarius), and further that the significators are within orb of an applying sextile...
....means (to ME) a yes answer to this question (yes he still thinks about the querent)
Thank you, sincerely, Dr. Farr.
Unread 05-01-2014, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworm09 View Post
Since Mercury is the one combust, it shows that the guy was recently in and is currently leaving a state of fear. This happens in the 4th house of home and property and is associated with the 8th house of death, debt, and loss. How is he doing financially?
Thank you, Sworm09, for contributing. We are not presently in touch thus, unfortunately, I cant confirm your observation. However, it is entirely possible. There are a couple of other 4th/8th issues I can think of that may be involved. Thank you, again.
Unread 05-02-2014, 03:02 PM

Send a message via MSN to Kaiousei no Senshi Send a message via Skype™ to Kaiousei no Senshi

Hi Tessie,

Typically when a significator is combust it shows something keeping them from doing what they are wanting to do. What that something is is usually seen from the house the Combustion occurs in or the house the Sun is ruling.

As for the question, though. Your sig is in the Seventh house which suggests you're the more interested party, however he is signified by the faster planet and is applying a sextile to Jupiter, so I wonder if he's going to contact you within the next couple of months. I think this more or less answers the "does he still think about me" question, but I usually look for a planet to be in another's dignities when those kinds of queries are asked. In this chart, Mercury is receiving Jupiter into its term and face, which is a perfect reception, so it does seem like he still thinks of you favorably.

All in all, it seems like this chart is about two people who are sort of fear-bound about something that happened in the past to do anything about it in the present.

www.medievalastrologyguide.com
Unread 05-18-2014, 01:13 PM
Banned

Dear Kai, or anyone else who feels competent to answer,

I am trying to learn and using exemplary your delineation. You said "I usually look for a planet to be in another's dignities when those kinds of queries are asked. In this chart, Mercury is receiving Jupiter into its term and face, which is a perfect reception." Looking at the table of essential dignities, I cant seem to read how to come to this conclusion myself. For example, looking along the row of Gemini, I can see that Jupiter rules from 7 to 13 deg Gemini, but my significator, Jupiter, falls outside of that. It is at 14 deg. Clearly, I do not know how to get the result of the above sentence by reading the table. Would you be so kind as to clarify for me for educational purposes, please?

Unread 05-18-2014, 08:32 PM

Send a message via MSN to Kaiousei no Senshi Send a message via Skype™ to Kaiousei no Senshi

Hello Tessie,

Quote:
For example, looking along the row of Gemini, I can see that Jupiter rules from 7 to 13 deg Gemini, but my significator, Jupiter, falls outside of that.
Indeed it does, but Jupiter is placed in the 14 Cancer (which is the 15th degree of Cancer) and Mercury has the 14th to the 20th degree of Cancer as his Term and the 10th to the 19th as his Face.

You were looking at the Gemini line when you should have been looking at the Cancer line.

www.medievalastrologyguide.com
Unread 05-19-2014, 04:01 PM
Banned

That makes perfect sense now! Thank you, kind sir.

Tags
combustion