Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vedic Astrology

Vedic Astrology For discussions on Vedic astrology only.

Unread 04-13-2014, 04:11 PM

Question rahu sun conjunction and eclipse

greetings all,
rahu and sun conjunction is considered as a grahan(eclipse) yoga..
so if rahu and sun are in virgo which benefic planet(mercury/moon/venus/) do u suggest can help reduce the malefic effect..
help appreciated

Unread 04-13-2014, 04:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Sakti
Re: rahu sun conjunction and eclipse

To answer your question, I need to know your horoscope details like date, time and date of birth.......????

regards,
Sakti
Unread 04-13-2014, 04:31 PM

hey sakti thank you for the reply,

its not for a chart but just for a possible understanding..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakti View Post
To answer your question, I need to know your horoscope details like date, time and date of birth.......????

regards,
Sakti
Unread 04-13-2014, 05:02 PM

If sun and rahu are in loose conjunction like 15 degrees apart, then there's no use to do any remedies. Rahu/sun usually means amplification of ego, own wisdom, boastful, haughty type of nature with fighting tendencies with father. If in virgo, rahu is powerful than sun, so more profound effect of rahu/sun. Although, eclipse gets over at your 30s because sun is supreme light, none can lower it. But if leo is in dusthana bhava, then one should never wear unless father's relation is really damaged.
If you really want remedies, a full analysis is needed. One can wear ruby, to smoother the relationship with father.
Unread 04-13-2014, 06:15 PM

thank u venuss

will any benefic in between these two,mercury,venus,moon or in the same house make any diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenusS View Post
If sun and rahu are in loose conjunction like 15 degrees apart, then there's no use to do any remedies. Rahu/sun usually means amplification of ego, own wisdom, boastful, haughty type of nature with fighting tendencies with father. If in virgo, rahu is powerful than sun, so more profound effect of rahu/sun. Although, eclipse gets over at your 30s because sun is supreme light, none can lower it. But if leo is in dusthana bhava, then one should never wear unless father's relation is really damaged.
If you really want remedies, a full analysis is needed. One can wear ruby, to smoother the relationship with father.
Unread 04-13-2014, 10:08 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Crystalpages

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowly View Post
thank u venuss

will any benefic in between these two,mercury,venus,moon or in the same house make any diff
Bowly,

If you think about it, an eclipse is generally a localized observation and lasts a small fraction of the day; hence Venus ji's statement about considering the tightness of orb in case of eclipses seen in charts, even if declination etc are not considered (slightly more effort is required on part of the astrologers!) and we go only by the longitudinal conjunctions approach.

Earthquakes are pretty common or at least not so rare as phenomena go. On a large forum and a few other ones, I had been seeking charts of individuals who either perished or survived in a major earthquake (~6 or higher Richters) and all I harvested was ONE chart! Mind you, this seemed an easier venture for me than trying to find the birthchart of a nativity who was born during earthquakes (if such were even possible!).

Similarly, I requested birthdata for individuals who actually were born when a visible eclipse (partial/total...) was in progress. ZERO instances!! Would it not make sense to all of us, were we actually able to study such individuals and use a more evidence-based approach?

So, with ZERO experience in actually having studies a nativity who was born during an eclipse, and just using what little I know about the nodes, I can definitely state that nodes have a real modifying influence on the planets that are placed with those two dragons! :-) In some we see amplification, in others quenching (reduction) or even squelching (gagging) and in still others we see a change in the properties of the planet associated. Naturally, other factors and attributes get involved such as strengths, properties (planet in sign, planet in vargas, planet in nakshatras etc), dispositors, dispositions (lord or...?, karaka for...? Supported by...? etc).

So, extrapolating from that, if we are only doing an armchair-exercise focusing only on eclipse and accompanying planets, and scarcely any of the many other considerations, I can only state that there will be effects of eclipses and associated planets.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Gamel0rd (04-13-2014)
Unread 04-14-2014, 01:58 PM

hey rohini thank you for the reply

I still have my query unanswered..

which one of the three benefics would you consider conjuncting and reducing the malefic effects of sun rahu conjunction in virgo..

also if any virgo nakshatras would help in this regard too..

thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalpages View Post
Bowly,

If you think about it, an eclipse is generally a localized observation and lasts a small fraction of the day; hence Venus ji's statement about considering the tightness of orb in case of eclipses seen in charts, even if declination etc are not considered (slightly more effort is required on part of the astrologers!) and we go only by the longitudinal conjunctions approach.

Earthquakes are pretty common or at least not so rare as phenomena go. On a large forum and a few other ones, I had been seeking charts of individuals who either perished or survived in a major earthquake (~6 or higher Richters) and all I harvested was ONE chart! Mind you, this seemed an easier venture for me than trying to find the birthchart of a nativity who was born during earthquakes (if such were even possible!).

Similarly, I requested birthdata for individuals who actually were born when a visible eclipse (partial/total...) was in progress. ZERO instances!! Would it not make sense to all of us, were we actually able to study such individuals and use a more evidence-based approach?

So, with ZERO experience in actually having studies a nativity who was born during an eclipse, and just using what little I know about the nodes, I can definitely state that nodes have a real modifying influence on the planets that are placed with those two dragons! :-) In some we see amplification, in others quenching (reduction) or even squelching (gagging) and in still others we see a change in the properties of the planet associated. Naturally, other factors and attributes get involved such as strengths, properties (planet in sign, planet in vargas, planet in nakshatras etc), dispositors, dispositions (lord or...?, karaka for...? Supported by...? etc).

So, extrapolating from that, if we are only doing an armchair-exercise focusing only on eclipse and accompanying planets, and scarcely any of the many other considerations, I can only state that there will be effects of eclipses and associated planets.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Unread 04-17-2014, 11:45 AM

have seen charts of some prominent people like roger Federer,sean penn,hritik roshan and Rahul dravid have rahu sun combination with mercury in the mix..interesting

Tags
conjunction, eclipse, rahu