What kind of job would be the best for me based on my natal chart

Interstellar

Hello people :):)

I'm curious to know what kind of jobs would suit me the best based on my natal chart. I know that I have lots of squares and oppositions in my chart but knowing but I'm already trying to work on them. (I only use placidus house system cause it describes my personality very well)

I already have some projects in life but I'm also curious and open-minded to know if I may have some others abilities/talents which are still hidden.
I still don't know my whole chart in details hehe !!

Thanks in advance for your help :):)

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 52
  • astro_2gw_l.67746.5342.jpg
    astro_2gw_l.67746.5342.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 39
  • astro_2gw_l.71591.117994.jpg
    astro_2gw_l.71591.117994.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
I'm curious to know if what I do currently is somehow sychronized with my birth chart hehe

Yes. If it weren't, you wouldn't be doing it.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's the perfect job, the one that will make you most fulfilled. It might or might not be (if there really is any such thing as the perfect job.). Birth charts allow for many, many possibilities. Whatever kind of job you have, it fits the overarching theme of your chart, in the work sector, but there are also many other kinds of jobs that could fit the same theme. They'd just fit it in different ways, and they could be very, very different kinds of jobs.

We could explore why and how the work you're doing fits the theme of your birth chart, if you'll tell us what you do. If you're considering a career change, we could explore how the career(s) you're thinking of changing to might fit. But it's a question of how, not if. Maybe you'd prefer one manifestation of your birth chart's themes over others, but any of its themes could be in your life.

Interstellar

At this point in your life, 10th house is significantly stronger than the other two, having success is much more important than either of the other 2 factors of career(working conditions and proper use of your skills and abilities).

And so your first step is to define for yourself what success would look like. How would you know that the career gave you success? What would it be like if there was no success? This will help with understanding what kinds of careers you might have.
At my age, it's in general not time for success yet. Depending on what we'd like to reach, it can arrive early or late in your life. In my case, I don't really look for success per se, it's not about egoistical success and reaching the peak just for the peak, it's about the desire of bringing smth to the world and society !!

Then what can you see in my chart regarding this topic :)) ?? I already have some projects in life but I'm also curious and open-minded to know if I may have some others abilities/talents which are still hidden cause I don't know my whole chart in details :):)!!

Last edited:

Interstellar

Yes. If it weren't, you wouldn't be doing it.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's the perfect job, the one that will make you most fulfilled. It might or might not be (if there really is any such thing as the perfect job.). Birth charts allow for many, many possibilities. Whatever kind of job you have, it fits the overarching theme of your chart, in the work sector, but there are also many other kinds of jobs that could fit the same theme. They'd just fit it in different ways, and they could be very, very different kinds of jobs.

We could explore why and how the work you're doing fits the theme of your birth chart, if you'll tell us what you do. If you're considering a career change, we could explore how the career(s) you're thinking of changing to might fit. But it's a question of how, not if. Maybe you'd prefer one manifestation of your birth chart's themes over others, but any of its themes could be in your life.
I reply you the same as for Samantha in order to clarify my question :):)

At my age, it's in general not time for success yet. Depending on what we'd like to reach, it can arrive early or late in your life. In my case, I don't really look for success per se, it's not about egoistical success and reaching the peak just for the peak, it's about the desire of bringing smth to the world and society !!

What could you see in my chart regarding type of jobs I could do :) ??

I already have some projects in life but I'm also curious and open-minded to know if I may have some others abilities/talents which are still hidden cause I don't know my whole chart in details !!

Osamenor

Staff member
Then what can you see in my chart regarding this topic :)) ?? I already have some projects in life but I'm also curious and open-minded to know if I may have some others abilities/talents which are still hidden cause I don't know my whole chart in details :):)!!

We can't tell you that without knowing what your known abilities and talents are, and what your career aspirations are. A birth chart only provides an archetypal theme. It does not provide the details. And not every theme shown in the birth chart necessarily manifests in the native's life. It's a menu of potentials, with far too many potentials on the menu for all of them to become reality.

Astrology requires conversation. It's not a straight question and answer.

Interstellar

We can't tell you that without knowing what your known abilities and talents are, and what your career aspirations are. A birth chart only provides an archetypal theme. It does not provide the details. And not every theme shown in the birth chart necessarily manifests in the native's life. It's a menu of potentials, with far too many potentials on the menu for all of them to become reality.

Astrology requires conversation. It's not a straight question and answer.
Ohw! Well, I like doing anything which implies creating and showing my art with my own style, specially in music. I already play music and I started compose songs little by little. My goal is to be able to interpret my own creations on stage, modelling is also smth which interest me (more like a hobby on this). In general it's about creating and using my personal abilities/skills to bring smth interesting to the public !!

Last edited:

Interstellar

A secondary progressed chart can show clearly your current challenges. However you have to fill in the blanks as to what they are actually. A minor progressed chart can show the current areas where you are having feelings, and whether they are enjoyable ones or less so. A minor progressed chart can show the general areas where you will be focusing your thought or planning for the future.

Many times the natal and the secondary progressed are the same in regards to career issues, but sometimes the 2ndary modifies it quite a bit.
Well, there's also my studies at university which create me some difficulties and challenges currently but it's often out of my will or very hard to control but I try to overcome my difficulties as much as possible and hope it will give good results and make me overcome my challenges cause my studies are also very important to me :):)

Interstellar

You asked for help from astrology to solve your problem. Now you are saying that you don’t need any help because you already know what to do.

There is really no way to respond to that on a forum which is offering the astrology you actually asked for.
Sorry but I don't agree with you at all. Firstable, I didn't say that I already know what to do. I have some ideas about how I should react in general in this period of my life but I'm also open minded and opened to receive some advice and ideas I maybe never thought about, that's why I created this thread.

Osamenor

Staff member
Samantha Bean, that's not what Interstellar was saying. The way I read it, what she really wants is to know how her birth chart correlates with her interests and aspirations. Possibly, this is an "am I on the right track?" question.

Perfectly reasonable use of astrology, and asking people more knowledgeable about astrology to help figure that out is exactly what we're here for.

Osamenor

Staff member
Ohw! Well, I like doing anything which implies creating and showing my art with my own style, specially in music. I already play music and I started compose songs little by little. My goal is to be able to interpret my own creations on stage, modelling is also smth which interest me (more like a hobby on this). In general it's about creating and using my personal abilities/skills to bring smth interesting to the public !!

Before you told me that, I guessed you were doing something artistic. I didn't want to plant a suggestion if it wasn't true, though. For all I knew, you could've been using your chart in some other way.

All those squares, oppositions, and t-squares make for a very dynamic chart. Edgy. Conflicted. Doing a lot. Hard aspects tend to show up as internal conflict--part of you needs one thing, an equally strong part of you needs another, entirely different thing--and to reconcile that, you have to work. You can't just sit around and let things happen. Great work can arise out of that prod to action. Or, you can get stuck and stagnant--that's a pitfall of having so many competing needs.

Artistic Venus in self expressive Leo rules both your MC and your sixth house of day to day work. Your work must be something Venusian. What, is your choice. All forms of art are Venusian. So is modeling.

Taurus is the archetypal musician, and a very physical sign, too. I would expect sixth house Taurus to be inclined to either music or something physical. If you weren't a musician, my next guess would be some sort of immersive, hands-on art: sculpture, painting, something like that.

Between a lot of dynamic aspects in your chart and your Moon conjunct Uranus, I expect there's something very edgy about your music. Would you say that's so?

Pluto on the AC tends to create a very alluring persona. Someone people are mysteriously attracted to, mesmerized by. Quite good for a model. And your Venus in Leo would want to be seen: Leo is a sign that wants that.

But you also have that Aquarius/Uranus Moon, which wants to be heard. Aquarius doesn't care about being personally admired, just needs to get their ideas out there. A model is seen but not heard. A musician is heard. Sometimes seen, too, but being heard is the more important part.

If you were not pursuing an artistic career, I would suggest that you should, with the definition of artistic being up to you. Since you are, I'd say you're following your chart very well.

Interstellar

Before you told me that, I guessed you were doing something artistic. I didn't want to plant a suggestion if it wasn't true, though. For all I knew, you could've been using your chart in some other way.

All those squares, oppositions, and t-squares make for a very dynamic chart. Edgy. Conflicted. Doing a lot. Hard aspects tend to show up as internal conflict--part of you needs one thing, an equally strong part of you needs another, entirely different thing--and to reconcile that, you have to work. You can't just sit around and let things happen. Great work can arise out of that prod to action. Or, you can get stuck and stagnant--that's a pitfall of having so many competing needs.

Artistic Venus in self expressive Leo rules both your MC and your sixth house of day to day work. Your work must be something Venusian. What, is your choice. All forms of art are Venusian. So is modeling.

Taurus is the archetypal musician, and a very physical sign, too. I would expect sixth house Taurus to be inclined to either music or something physical. If you weren't a musician, my next guess would be some sort of immersive, hands-on art: sculpture, painting, something like that.

Between a lot of dynamic aspects in your chart and your Moon conjunct Uranus, I expect there's something very edgy about your music. Would you say that's so?

Pluto on the AC tends to create a very alluring persona. Someone people are mysteriously attracted to, mesmerized by. Quite good for a model. And your Venus in Leo would want to be seen: Leo is a sign that wants that.

But you also have that Aquarius/Uranus Moon, which wants to be heard. Aquarius doesn't care about being personally admired, just needs to get their ideas out there. A model is seen but not heard. A musician is heard. Sometimes seen, too, but being heard is the more important part.

If you were not pursuing an artistic career, I would suggest that you should, with the definition of artistic being up to you. Since you are, I'd say you're following your chart very well.

Thank you very much for your reply :):)

Well, firstable, my natal chart is pretty complicated, indeed. I don't have many easy aspects so I have lots of things to work on myself so for now I just have a few aspects I can use to make things easier in my life yes but I'm always working on my other tense aspects !! Specially my Saturn and Mars : there's often an ego war between them (they're opposite) sometimes I'm using my Mars too much sometimes my Saturn too much. Still hard to find a balance sometimes.

I feel like my Venus is also the ruler of my 5th house :) so 5H+6H+10H ruler (in any case some people considered it this way and I pretty agree with this :))

Regarding Taurus, yes I really like playing and composing music :)) I'm also sometimes interested in singing and dancing. The other activities such as painting and sculpture are more secondary for me. I appreciate looking at sculptures but I'm not specially interested in making sculptures, same with paintings.

Yes my music can be edgy (avant-gardist), I often have lots of ideas that are not commonly done in modern music !!

I sometimes have difficulty to believe that people could perceive my aura this way. I think that my appearance is pretty "common" but I could sometimes notice uncommon reactions from people yes (specially men hah) so I guess it's a "clue". I'm mainly interested in modeling as a hobby to look at myself wearing beautiful clothes and/or in beautiful/artistic set designs :):) !!

Yes my Leo Venus (and Taurus Jupiter 5H) is more artistic than my Moon 2H somehow and wanting to be seen yes and my Aquarius planets are avant-gardist and more interested in sciences heh !!

Regarding jobs, how would you interpret my Aquarius Neptune 2nd house trine my Libra MC :):) ?? The following part of my text is in my next post just below

Last edited:

Interstellar

It's probably complex to say it just looking at my natal chart but if I got it well the most suitable jobs for me are artistic right ? Cause when I look at my Saturn in 5th house I can be a very good technician but no so good as an interpreter and knowing that artisits are often on stage it seems pretty complex ... also my Venus being retrograde AND in the 8th so I wonder if it has some big consequences on my artistic abilities ?? Cause I feel for sure that I don't always express outside what I feel within me or just in some contexts (even if I can feel things very strongly) !!

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
It's probably complex to say it just looking at my natal chart but if I got it well the most suitable jobs for me are artistic right ? Cause when I look at my Saturn in 5th house I can be a very good technician but no so good as an interpreter
Do you know from personal experience that you're a good technician but not such a good interpreter? Or are you just saying that because you see Saturn in your fifth house?

It's your personal experience that counts. Not what you think your birth chart says. Every assertion ever made about any placement in a birth chart is not universally true.

... also my Venus being retrograde AND in the 8th so I wonder if it has some big consequences on my artistic abilities ?? Cause I feel for sure that I don't always express outside what I feel within me or just in some contexts (even if I can feel things very strongly) !!

Retrograde planets do tend to show up very strongly on the internal plane and have trouble manifesting in the outside world. But that's not always a bad thing. Retrograde Venus can mean a lot of incubating, a lot of internal process, which eventually becomes a very creative, never before seen manifestation of your artistry.

And there are two things that will happen in your lifetime, when you're born during Venus retrograde: your progressed Venus will turn direct, and you will have a progressed Venus return.

To find out when your progressed Venus goes direct, look up the dates Venus was retrograde in the year you were born (you can do this in an ephemeris). However many days old you were when Venus turned direct, that's how many years old you will be (or were) when your progressed Venus turns direct.

The ephemeris also shows what degree of what sign each planet was at on any given day. However many days old you were when Venus got back to 23 Leo, that's how many years old you'll be when you have your progressed Venus return.

Since Venus rules your career sector, changes in its direction, and the progressed Venus return, will correlate with breakthroughs in career. Ben Kingsley, the actor best known for playing Gandhi in the movie Gandhi, landed that role during his progressed Venus return. I, like you, have a retrograde Venus ruling my MC (and my fifth house), and I first took an interest in astrology when my Venus was turning direct by progression. Now I'm semi-pro.

As for Venus being in the eighth house, the eighth is considered a hidden house because it doesn't form a Ptolemaic aspect (sextile, square, trine, or opposition) to the ascendant. In traditional astrology, it's said that house doesn't see the AC. However, it does see the MC. Planets in the eighth support career and public reputation. And while your Venus is in the eighth house Placidus, it's in the ninth whole sign, so by that measure, it does see your AC. It's not as hidden as you might think.

Being in the eighth house Placidus might give it some extra edgy, creative quality, as would its square to Mars in Scorpio. Again, something you can use in your art.

At the end of the day, your Venus may not show up as Venusian in the sense we tend to think--flowers, sunshine, pretty in pink--but it's still artistic.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
I feel like my Venus is also the ruler of my 5th house :) so 5H+6H+10H ruler (in any case some people considered it this way and I pretty agree with this :))
That depends on how accurate your birth time is. It's not at all unusual for recorded birth times to be slightly off. As it stands, your fifth house cusp is in the very last degree of Aries. If that's correct, then your fifth house is ruled by Mars, but your Mars placement has some similar vibes to your Venus placement: in Scorpio, while Venus is in the eighth house, and in the even more illusive and secretive twelfth house. And your Venus and your Mars talk to each other, through that square. That gives them some influence in each other's areas.

If your recorded birth time is just a few minutes earlier than your actual birth time, you might have that fifth house cusp in Taurus. It's also possible, given how late your fifth house cusp is--not only the last degree, but the last minute of the last degree--that you were born in the very minute that house cusp changed signs. In that case, which sign it's really in depends on which second of that minute you took your first breath. Birth certificates do not give times to the second, so there's no way to know.

Yes my Leo Venus (and Taurus Jupiter 5H) is more artistic than my Moon 2H somehow and wanting to be seen yes and my Aquarius planets are avant-gardist and more interested in sciences heh !!
No reason not to pursue your interest in sciences too. Maybe you can combine them.

Regarding jobs, how would you interpret my Aquarius Neptune 2nd house trine my Libra MC :):) ?? The following part of my text is in my next post just below

Adds creativity and insight to your career sector. Or maybe uncertainty. Maybe multiple careers.

Interstellar

Do you know from personal experience that you're a good technician but not such a good interpreter? Or are you just saying that because you see Saturn in your fifth house?

It's your personal experience that counts. Not what you think your birth chart says. Every assertion ever made about any placement in a birth chart is not universally true.

Well, it's more or less true I always had a bit of difficulty to totally express my inner feelings when I play music. When I compose it's easier for me but when I have to play my instruments it's always been a bit more difficult.

Interstellar

Retrograde planets do tend to show up very strongly on the internal plane and have trouble manifesting in the outside world. But that's not always a bad thing. Retrograde Venus can mean a lot of incubating, a lot of internal process, which eventually becomes a very creative, never before seen manifestation of your artistry.

And there are two things that will happen in your lifetime, when you're born during Venus retrograde: your progressed Venus will turn direct, and you will have a progressed Venus return.

To find out when your progressed Venus goes direct, look up the dates Venus was retrograde in the year you were born (you can do this in an ephemeris). However many days old you were when Venus turned direct, that's how many years old you will be (or were) when your progressed Venus turns direct.

The ephemeris also shows what degree of what sign each planet was at on any given day. However many days old you were when Venus got back to 23 Leo, that's how many years old you'll be when you have your progressed Venus return.

Since Venus rules your career sector, changes in its direction, and the progressed Venus return, will correlate with breakthroughs in career. Ben Kingsley, the actor best known for playing Gandhi in the movie Gandhi, landed that role during his progressed Venus return. I, like you, have a retrograde Venus ruling my MC (and my fifth house), and I first took an interest in astrology when my Venus was turning direct by progression. Now I'm semi-pro.

As for Venus being in the eighth house, the eighth is considered a hidden house because it doesn't form a Ptolemaic aspect (sextile, square, trine, or opposition) to the ascendant. In traditional astrology, it's said that house doesn't see the AC. However, it does see the MC. Planets in the eighth support career and public reputation. And while your Venus is in the eighth house Placidus, it's in the ninth whole sign, so by that measure, it does see your AC. It's not as hidden as you might think.

Being in the eighth house Placidus might give it some extra edgy, creative quality, as would its square to Mars in Scorpio. Again, something you can use in your art.

At the end of the day, your Venus may not show up as Venusian in the sense we tend to think--flowers, sunshine, pretty in pink--but it's still artistic.

I "browsed" with time on my transit chart when I was born, 17 days after my birth my transit Leo Venus became direct so at 17 y.o. should have happened smth probably. Well, I think I was more or less 17-18 when I started being interested in songwriting and creating my own music !!

I could also see that transit Leo Venus came back on the same degree as my Natal Leo Venus 31-32 days after my birth so something should probably happen to me at 31-32 y.o. right ??
I also had the idea to look at my transit chart in the year of my 31-32 y.o. so more or less in 2030 and I could see among the slow transiting planets that TRANSIT PLUTO WILL BE CONJUNCT MY MOON+URANUS+SOUTH NODE IN 2H SEXTILE MY PLUTO+ASC BUT ALSO OPPOSITE MY PACKAGE IN THE NORTH NODE AND SQUARE MY SATURN AAAAHHHHHHH Idk what to expect :crying::crying::crying::crying:

What do you mean when you say that my Venus in 9H can see my ASC and not when it's in the 8H ??

With my Venus square Mars I feel like I sometimes have to suffer emotionally in order to get even more inspired even if I generally don't need to suffer to find creative ideas FORTUNATELY haha !!

Last edited:

Interstellar

That depends on how accurate your birth time is. It's not at all unusual for recorded birth times to be slightly off. As it stands, your fifth house cusp is in the very last degree of Aries. If that's correct, then your fifth house is ruled by Mars, but your Mars placement has some similar vibes to your Venus placement: in Scorpio, while Venus is in the eighth house, and in the even more illusive and secretive twelfth house. And your Venus and your Mars talk to each other, through that square. That gives them some influence in each other's areas.

If your recorded birth time is just a few minutes earlier than your actual birth time, you might have that fifth house cusp in Taurus. It's also possible, given how late your fifth house cusp is--not only the last degree, but the last minute of the last degree--that you were born in the very minute that house cusp changed signs. In that case, which sign it's really in depends on which second of that minute you took your first breath. Birth certificates do not give times to the second, so there's no way to know.

No reason not to pursue your interest in sciences too. Maybe you can combine them.

Adds creativity and insight to your career sector. Or maybe uncertainty. Maybe multiple careers.

I feel like my 5th house is still in Taurus but what would it mean regarding my ruler ? If my 5H is in Taurus then my 5H ruler is Venus in Leo 8H and if my 5H is in Aries then its ruler is Mars in Scorp 12H. These 2 planets in my charts have similar plutonian energies somehow ... so hard to say but I tend to put more Taurus cause I tend to create and think about children (5th house) in a very "Taurus way" haha !!

Well, I'd like to be able to finish my studies correctly despite my mental disorder (nothing dramatic - it's smth I was born with - but still have to work 3x times more than most people ).

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
I "browsed" with time on my transit chart when I was born, 17 days after my birth my transit Leo Venus became direct so at 17 y.o. should have happened smth probably. Well, I think I was more or less 17-18 when I started being interested in songwriting and creating my own music !!
See how it works!

My sense is that Venus turning direct by progression correlates with a personal revolution in the areas it rules. The progressed return may be a more public, visible kind of event, like Ben Kingsley getting the role of Gandhi. I can't speak from personal experience on that because I haven't had mine yet.

A guy at an astrology group I was in, when we were talking about this very thing, said he has natal Venus retrograde, it's the ruler of his seventh house, and when his progressed Venus turned direct, he came out of the closet.

I could also see that transit Leo Venus came back on the same degree as my Natal Leo Venus 31-32 days after my birth so something should probably happen to me at 31-32 y.o. right ??

Right. A software program that runs progressions could give you an even more precise date. But the year or so around it will be significant for you.

I also had the idea to look at my transit chart in the year of my 31-32 y.o. so more or less in 2030 and I could see among the slow transiting planets that TRANSIT PLUTO WILL BE CONJUNCT MY MOON+URANUS+SOUTH NODE IN 2H SEXTILE MY PLUTO+ASC BUT ALSO OPPOSITE MY PACKAGE IN THE NORTH NODE AND SQUARE MY SATURN AAAAHHHHHHH Idk what to expect :crying::crying::crying::crying:
That will be an astrologically potent time. Not necessarily bad, but potent.

What do you mean when you say that my Venus in 9H can see my ASC and not when it's in the 8H ??
Leo is the ninth sign from Sagittarius. By sign, Leo and Sag are trine. If there's a trine, sextile, opposition, or square between signs, they see each other. If there isn't, they don't. The eighth sign from the ascendant (Cancer, in your case) doesn't form any of those aspects with it. That's what's meant by doesn't see it.

I feel like my 5th house is still in Taurus but what would it mean regarding my ruler ?

Whichever sign the house's cusp is in, its ruler is the house ruler. What's in question is which sign your fifth house cusp is really in. Which might be unknowable, if you were indeed born the minute it changed signs. Just go with what makes sense to you.