Sun Conjunct Jupiter

JUPITERASC

I have my Sun @ 0Cancer conjunct Jupiter@ 5Cancer
in the
8th House.

I can say that I did not come from a wealthy background at all,
and instead have experienced many losses and misfortunes
which I see as being the
result of Mars being in opposition to Sun/Jupiter from the 2nd.
Quite - 8th House signifies LOSS of any kind, so not only death :smile:
but also
because
8th house signifies money belonging to a partner, spouse or other party
as well as
financial obligations, debts, taxes, loans, losses, money owed to others.
and
8th house also signifies unexpected inheritance, wills, legacies and testaments of the deceased
then 8th house may potentially signify the LOSS of those inheritences
dependent on the individual aspects and sign locations of planets making those aspects
8th house is a house of LOSS in the form of debt, death and so on
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h8.html
In retrospect though I do believe the conjunction has contributed to my studiousness over the many years;
I have rather keen psychological insights and am also very charitable and giving by nature.

Once again, I think this shows that the aspects to such a conjunction [as in all other cases]
will qualify
the nature of
whether it works for benefit in the person's life or not.
Exactly

animatedoodle

So in the case that I presented, I outlined that there was some sort of inflation of belief a "distortion" of some kind in realms of ego, and 5th house themes. That I believe applies only to this Case, which cannot act on that conjunction alone, since the Sun/Jupiter/Mars are in a very tight conjunction together in Leo in the 5th House, most SQUARING Saturn in Scorpio (7th). Mercury is also conjunct the Sun in the 6th (5 degree orb).

JUPASC mentioned the triplicity of Jupiter....it being in Leo, in the 5th house...but what was the third element? I thought that Jupiter was out of sect in a night chart? Is there something I'm missing?

I read everyones experiences, and could grasp a couple of concepts

- Perseverance
- Poverty/Wealth and the cycle that is quite extreme in the overcoming of.

I can tell you from my presented case that this woman pushed herself out of a circumstance of poverty and into one of prosperity by sheer will alone.
I don't think if she didn't have this massive sense of self, she would not have done it. She would've accepted her fate. But as Jupiter has it, it propelled her into thinking BIG.

Look at all the celebrities with this placement: Frieda Kahlo, Paul McCartney, Mike Tyson. These people had to overcome HUGE hurdles, and they they did it by jumping extraordinary heights.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

So in the case that I presented, I outlined that there was some sort of inflation of belief a "distortion" of some kind in realms of ego, and 5th house themes.
That I believe applies only to this Case, which cannot act on that conjunction alone, since the Sun/Moon/Jupiter/Mars are in a very tight conjunction together in Leo in the 5th House, most SQUARING Saturn in Scorpio (7th). Mercury is also conjunct the Sun in the 6th (5 degree orb).

JUPASC mentioned the triplicity of Jupiter....it being in Leo, in the 5th house...but what was the third element? I thought that Jupiter was out of sect in a night chart? Is there something I'm missing?

I read everyones experiences, and could grasp a couple of concepts

- Perseverance
- Poverty/Wealth and the cycle that is quite extreme in the overcoming of.

I can tell you from my presented case that this woman pushed herself out of a circumstance of poverty and into one of prosperity by sheer will alone.
I don't think if she didn't have this massive sense of self, she would not have done it. She would've accepted her fate. But as Jupiter has it, it propelled her into thinking BIG.

Look at all the celebrities with this placement: Frieda Kahlo, Paul McCartney, Mike Tyson. These people had to overcome HUGE hurdles, and they they did it by jumping extraordinary heights.
More than three hundred thousand people worldwide
would have been born the same day as Frieda Kahlo, Paul McCartney, Mike Tyson
yet only these three are cited as having "jumped to extraordinary heights" :smile:
so although generalising is fun and tempting
it is unreliable

If the natal chart you are referring were to be viewable on this thread
and in whole sign houses format
then discussion would be facilitated

animatedoodle

More than three hundred thousand people worldwide
would have been born the same day as Frieda Kahlo, Paul McCartney, Mike Tyson
yet only these three are cited as having "jumped to extraordinary heights" :smile:
so although generalising is fun and tempting
it is unreliable

If the natal chart you are referring were to be viewable on this thread
and in whole sign houses format
then discussion would be facilitated

I agree but I think I worded it wrong, I meant to say the POTENTIAL is there. Of course there are so many factors/ways one can manifest energy. But I do apologise for being absolute :p

Here is the chart that I am referring to in whole houses. I have been reading it in my preferred system: Placidus

Attachments

• chart_2.jpg
    chart_2.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 26

JUPITERASC

I agree but I think I worded it wrong,
I meant to say the POTENTIAL is there.
Of course there are so many factors/ways one can manifest energy.
But I do apologise for being absolute :p

Here is the chart that I am referring to in whole houses.
I have been reading it in my preferred system: Placidus
thanks for posting the chart in whole sign houses
the reason I asked you to do that is because

I use BOTH whole signs AND Alcabitius
but in this case I shall use whole signs and Placidus

tsmall uses BOTH whole signs AND Placidus
some use whole sign AND Regiomontanus :smile:
there are multiple house systems
its simply personal choice

tsmall posted some good info that is well worth mulling over at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=94683

I use both whole signs and Placidus.

The original idea of quadrant based house systems was to determine angularity,
and never to replace the concept of topics.

So I count signs for topics

and use a house system overlaid onto it.

Because, as I mentioned above,

capability and angularity/ability to act

are two different things.

JUPITERASC

The chart is a night chart
therefore Sun, Jupiter and Saturn are all out of sect and batting AGAINST "team native"
Venus, Moon and Mars are in sect and batting FOR "team native"

Ascendant is Aries, ruled by Leo Mars conjunct Jupiter and Saturn
And four of the classical planets are in Assembly in Leo in 5th whole sign house
We are examining the chart using an ancient Hellenistic methodology which excludes the outers
so four planets in 5th house are Mercury, Sun, Jupiter, Mars :smile:
we need to assess which of the four planets in 5th has the strongest POTENTIAL

tobby

And four of the classical planets are in Assembly in Leo in 5th whole sign house
We are examining the chart using an ancient Hellenistic methodology which excludes the outers
So what's your point actually?

animatedoodle

The chart is a night chart
therefore Sun, Jupiter and Saturn are all out of sect and batting AGAINST "team native"
Venus, Moon and Mars are in sect and batting FOR "team native"

Would you base that on how many aspects the planet has?
I think the Sun wins that round.
But Jupiter trines the ASC with a 1 degree orb.

Remember this person is HIGHLY narcissistic. A fiery temper, and encompassing nature. Very paranoid. Very generous, a brilliant entertainer. Loves attention. Works hard, has an almost photographic memory. Can be extremely cruel. But her temper although violent, tempers off very quickly. Like a storm. Comes from a broken home and never ever managed to piece a home together. Not in the traditional sense.

JUPITERASC

Would you base that on how many aspects the planet has?
I think the Sun wins that round.
But Jupiter trines the ASC with a 1 degree orb.
I suspect every astrologer shall have their own personal opinion on the winner of that round :smile:
I would agree that the Sun - as ruler of Leo - has the most powerful action
and since no planet is exalted in Leo then Sun reigns supreme there

Next step is we search the Assembly of those planets in the 5th house
for a planet that has the closest natural analogy with the house meanings

5th house significations include fun, entertainment, gambling, sports, parties, pleasure and enjoyment.
The arts and muses. Dancing, music, merriment.
Clothes, fineries and rich, luxurious things.
Love affairs, romance, lovemaking, sex, procreation and conception.
If 5th house is afflicted then there is likely to be promiscuity, sexual inhibition, immorality, overindulgence and scandals
5th rules places associated with games and sport such as sporting arenas, resorts, gymnasiums.
Also banquets, inns, pubs, taverns, theatres and plays, parks
all places of entertainment and enjoyment. Social occasions, feasts.
Matters associated with the leisure industry and those who work in the arts.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h5.html
Remember this person is HIGHLY narcissistic.
A fiery temper, and encompassing nature. Very paranoid. Very generous, a brilliant entertainer.
Loves attention. Works hard, has an almost photographic memory.
Can be extremely cruel. But her temper although violent, tempers off very quickly. Like a storm.
Comes from a broken home and never ever managed to piece a home together.
Not in the traditional sense.

animatedoodle

I still call the Sun on that one.

Love Affairs: Completely romantic to the point of suffocation and torrid paranoid fantasies. She has been abandoned by the fathers of all her children.
Entertainment and Fun: Expert at hosting parties, MUST be the center of attention. Is very charming. Also a complete hedonist and a bit lazy when at home (not in public). (Admits to this)
Sex: Same as Love Affairs. Is a selfish lover. (Admits to this in a very round about way)
Children: A bit estranged from them, not really connected to them, but loves them very much. She is hyper critical of them and uses them as emotional crutches which emotionally/spiritually drains them.

I can see strong Jupiter/Sun connections to this. I think they are both driving at the front of the car. Maybe the Sun behind the wheel.

tobby

If you have any useful contribution to make to our discussion that would be great thanks :smile:
I asked you what was the point of your post and instead you went off-topic by telling me that it would be great if I have a useful contribution to make to our discussion. Perhaps you have the impression your 18k postcount gives by itself more merit to your posts so you don't need to explain what your point is even when someone asks.

Contrary to you, I've already mentioned 4 specific astrological books that I've used as sources in order to state what did in my post #57. Perhaps you don't like what I mentioned there, but this is what those books mention on this aspect.

JUPITERASC

I asked you what was the point of your post and instead you went off-topic by telling me that
it would be great if I have a useful contribution to make to our discussion
Perhaps you have the impression your 18k postcount gives by itself more merit to your posts
so you don't need to explain what your point is even when someone asks.

Contrary to you, I've already mentioned 4 specific astrological books
that I've used as sources in order to state what did in my post #57.
Perhaps you don't like what I mentioned there, but this is what those books mention on this aspect.
You keep distracting from the topic of conversation of this thread
by stating that you have posted various sources
great, wonderful
however
if you read my posts
you shall note I state sources as well :smile:
therefore if you have nothing to add except to continually attempt to distract the currently useful dialogue
with off-topic comments
complaining pointlessly regarding the fact that I have a certain post count
and you disapprove of my comments

and
since no-one is forcing you to participate in this thread
then I would encourage you to participate instead on threads that are more to your liking

JUPITERASC

I still call the Sun on that one.

Love Affairs: Completely romantic to the point of suffocation and torrid paranoid fantasies. She has been abandoned by the fathers of all her children.
Entertainment and Fun: Expert at hosting parties, MUST be the center of attention. Is very charming. Also a complete hedonist and a bit lazy when at home (not in public). (Admits to this)
Sex: Same as Love Affairs. Is a selfish lover. (Admits to this in a very round about way)
Children: A bit estranged from them, not really connected to them, but loves them very much. She is hyper critical of them and uses them as emotional crutches which emotionally/spiritually drains them.

I can see strong Jupiter/Sun connections to this. I think they are both driving at the front of the car. Maybe the Sun behind the wheel.
According to a reliable skyscript info page on Jupiters significations http://www.skyscript.co.uk/jupiter_att.html

Jupiter = Masculine, diurnal, hot and moist, airy, sanguine; the Greater Fortune, author of temperance, modesty, sobriety, justice

hmmmmm.... sobriety seems the antithesis of 5th house of generaly jollity and fun
:smile:

conspiracy theorist

According to a reliable skyscript info page on Jupiters significations http://www.skyscript.co.uk/jupiter_att.html

Jupiter = Masculine, diurnal, hot and moist, airy, sanguine; the Greater Fortune, author of temperance, modesty, sobriety, justice

hmmmmm.... sobriety seems the antithesis of 5th house of generaly jollity and fun
:smile:

Bare in mind that there is a square from an ex-conditione Saturn in the 8th which would count as an affliction.

Another interesting thing about this woman's story is about how she was able to advance very far in her life from less than stellar beginnings. This can be seen from the point of fortune, it's ruler and especially the 10th sign from fortune.

JUPITERASC

Bear in mind that there is a square from an ex-conditione Saturn in the 8th which would count as an affliction.
Good point conspiracy :smile:
also
Mars afflicts Mercury, Sun and Jupiter
Interesting as well
that Capricorn moon
although in-sect
is in detriment in the home territory of an ex-conditione Saturn

Another interesting thing about this woman's story
is about how she was able to advance very far in her life from less than stellar beginnings.
This can be seen from the point of fortune, it's ruler and especially the 10th sign from fortune.

conspiracy theorist

Good point conspiracy :smile:
also
Mars afflicts Mercury, Sun and Jupiter
Interesting as well
that Capricorn moon
although in-sect
is in detriment in the home territory of an ex-conditione Saturn

True. And this combo of Moon and Saturn could go about explaining her home life as well, especially noting that Moon is L4.

However, the Moon has much significance to the chart as it is the ruler of the prenatal syzygy and is in partile conjunct to the MC degree. This is another indicator of eminence.

In fact, this ladies chart is very eminent.
-Triplicity rulers of the ASC are both located in the royal sign Leo, in the house of lesser fortune and are from the 10th sign from POF.
-Mars as ruler of the ASC and POF is also located in the 10th from fortune.
- Ruler of Spirit is located in the 10th sign from fortune.

Sun as taking the second part of triplicity indicates that the latter part of her life would be more beneficial than the first.

I think her highly dramatic, narcissistic and highly colourful personality and life as to with her already fiery Martial nature being super charged by the energies of the Sun, Jupiter (and modernly) Pluto which is all occuring in Leo as well as the highly eminent nature of her map. A very powerful chart in my estimation.