Pluto in 3rd and speech scandal.

Calvinsmom

Hi, posted my natal chart at the bottom. I think my question deals with my 3rd house Pluto at 10 degree Virgo, it is conjunct Uranus and Mercury. They all oppose my 9th house 10 degree Pisces Moon, and Pluto opposed Moon is my tightest aspect in my chart. I also have Leo Sun at 14 degrees in 2nd square Scorpio Neptune and Saturn in my 8th house opposes my Sun.

I have been quoted for the 2nd time in my life anonymously in the media news for a nasty comment I made. I did not swear, I simply said something snarky. My particular comments were the only ones quoted and were not welcome. I have also noticed if I post anything nice, innocent or completely kind and gentle in nature anywhere in social media such as Yahoo or Facebook, some very mean person will come along and completely dump on it in the most insulting sort of way.

So my question is this, is my Pluto opposed Moon a particularly vulnerable aspect for communication and slander? I really feel like a martian anymore, more hated and despised for my words and completely ignored in my personal life. I am not an internet troll, and I am a nice person overall.

Anyone aware of this type of aspect and it's scandalizing effect?

Thank you.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_me.69033.35074.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_me.69033.35074.gif
    50.4 KB · Views: 44

Calvinsmom

My maternal grandmother was what I call a "rageaholic". She would spew rage and had a very mean, vindictive way of putting everyone down. Then sometimes she would try to be sugary sweet but mainly everyone knew her as an acid queen.

My dad had a violent, explosive temper that was horrible and he had Mars conjunct Pluto natal. He never gave me any encouragement and never showed any pride for me, he chronically insulted me in a joking manner from the beginning. I saw above where someone posted an article that alluded to that being found in Pluto 3rd house.

My dad married a woman when I was 11 who became a voicebox of his rage and contempt for me. She insulted, degraded and poked fun at me constantly until I finally sent her a cease and desist letter a few years after my dad died when I could no longer take her random, gloomy phone calls where she would insist I speak to her and actually phone me back to yell at me if I tried to cut the call short.

To this day, I get along with men much better than women. I have a half sister who I moved several states to get away from. She too would insist I apologize to her for whatever ticked her off that day. I finally realized we weren't meant for each other and left to save my sanity. I no longer try so hard to please women, if they are kind then I am kind back. But I find my deeper and more meaningful connections with the men in my life, mainly my wonderful boyfriend who is the best sort of therapist. I work with men and have dear friends who are caring and supportive and fun. Gotta go with the flow, I guess. Sorry for the long winded answer!

SunW

So maybe this is not your natural behaviour that comes from your true personality but rather a repetition of some family models.

Calvinsmom

Actually I see it as more of a Pluto in the third opposed Moon. That coupled with Pluto conjunct Mercury and Uranus. It's more of a natal placement that rules speech and public opinion of such.

Moon rules women and public. Opposing a Pluto stellium in the third house is a good explaination of my family situation.

Frisiangal

. I think my question deals with my 3rd house Pluto at 10 degree Virgo, it is conjunct Uranus and Mercury. They all oppose my 9th house 10 degree Pisces Moon, and Pluto opposed Moon is my tightest aspect in my chart. I also have Leo Sun at 14 degrees in 2nd square Scorpio Neptune and Saturn in my 8th house opposes my Sun.

I have been quoted for the 2nd time in my life anonymously in the media news for a nasty comment I made. I did not swear, I simply said something snarky. My particular comments were the only ones quoted and were not welcome. I have also noticed if I post anything nice, innocent or completely kind and gentle in nature anywhere in social media such as Yahoo or Facebook, some very mean person will come along and completely dump on it in the most insulting sort of way.

So my question is this, is my Pluto opposed Moon a particularly vulnerable aspect for communication and slander? I really feel like a martian anymore, more hated and despised for my words and completely ignored in my personal life. I am not an internet troll, and I am a nice person overall.

Thank you.

Hi,
A reply to you was etheritised and did not reach the board (my fault; forgot to copy:andy:). 36 hours later trying again.....yet with different wording.:smile:

The Moon is 'a receiver'; it doesn't 'actively' offer anything, yet takes in a great deal.
An opposition represents a 2-way thing. A sort of 'Give and you will receive', as well as ' you can expect/get as good as you give.'
When the Virgo side is evident in the individual as the giver, the Moon will represent the sensitivity of others as the receiver, won't it? Yet it can also work as other people being the giver, and the individual's 'antenna' Moon picking it all up as the receiver.
So much depends upon which side of the opposition the individual represents at any given time. As the giver, Virgo's side can dish it out, straight to the point and without mincing words, and the other as the sensitive Pisces side receiver, can take it or leave it as it comes.

Pisces can soak up Virgo slight like a sponge. Yet the duality of the signs
provides the ability for Pisces to discard Virgo's evidence-proven critical side by simply not letting the verbalisation effect it, OR, by absorbing it for the ultimate truth of its content.
Everyone has Virgo in them somewhere and it's the sign that can note the splinter in another man's eye yet not see the plank in one's own. When its criticism is given to the Pisces Moon, Moon will invariably retaliate in one way or another. Goldfish or shark? Victim or predator?

Moon-Pluto aspects in general are manipulatively compulsive of nature that are not always ( yet often are!) consciously activated. YOU WILL SEE IT MY WAY....or else. Add a Sun in Leo trine Jupiter and passing on knowledge of any kind might come more from personal than general experience. Mars has need to develop social skills and negotiative diplomacy to work well in Libra. A Sun square Neptune can be empathetically weakened by, or just as easily not be taken in by sob stories.
Used positively, all attributes that could work well in a social field, with or without a 'boundary' netting.

It's unfortunate that not everyone is the same and expects and experiences life in the same way. It would save so much argument, hurt and pain wouldn't it? It's the strength in the opposition that enables someone to see both sides of a situation without necessarily staying on only one side of the fence. The verbal tactics might then be delivered in a just as truthful, yet 'softer' manner?
Unfortunately, not everyone lives with oppositions in their charts, either.:smile:

Lin

OK...I've come late to this thread so .....I'm still on this:

"I have been quoted for the 2nd time in my life anonymously in the media news for a nasty comment I made. I did not swear, I simply said something snarky. My particular comments were the only ones quoted and were not welcome"

I don't know the definition of "media news" in this context. Do you mean on facebook?
On a local news "program"? And are you a professional writer? Do you get paid for your comments? Since this was anonymous does that mean no one knows who wrote the "snarky" comment? Were you on a site that asked for comments?
YOu see I am confused as to why this is so important to you.

I'm wondering if you might need to learn to express yourself (even negatively) in a more diplomatic manner. As an astrologer I have had to say some things which a client or other person might resent or dismiss or get angry at...but I have learned to say these things more or less diplomatically.

You have a LOT of anger. Rage even. Maybe your 'snarky' comment is seen more like 'nasty' than you meant. Therefore it's possible that you need to work on your communication skills....if writing and commenting (or whatever) is something important to you.
I've learned that if I want to get my point across...whatever it is....it WON'T hit home unless the person actually 'hears' it and thinks about it. If you anger someone FIRST they will not hear the REST of whatever you have to say.

This is really up to you. That square from Neptune to your Sun is not easy either. You feel a bit paranoid. And it's really easy for a Leo to feel this....I know...not only am I a Leo but I also was born on 8/7.
LIN

Calvinsmom

OK...I've come late to this thread so .....I'm still on this:

"I have been quoted for the 2nd time in my life anonymously in the media news for a nasty comment I made. I did not swear, I simply said something snarky. My particular comments were the only ones quoted and were not welcome"

I don't know the definition of "media news" in this context. Do you mean on facebook?
On a local news "program"? And are you a professional writer? Do you get paid for your comments? Since this was anonymous does that mean no one knows who wrote the "snarky" comment? Were you on a site that asked for comments?
YOu see I am confused as to why this is so important to you.

I'm wondering if you might need to learn to express yourself (even negatively) in a more diplomatic manner. As an astrologer I have had to say some things which a client or other person might resent or dismiss or get angry at...but I have learned to say these things more or less diplomatically.

You have a LOT of anger. Rage even. Maybe your 'snarky' comment is seen more like 'nasty' than you meant. Therefore it's possible that you need to work on your communication skills....if writing and commenting (or whatever) is something important to you.
I've learned that if I want to get my point across...whatever it is....it WON'T hit home unless the person actually 'hears' it and thinks about it. If you anger someone FIRST they will not hear the REST of whatever you have to say.

This is really up to you. That square from Neptune to your Sun is not easy either. You feel a bit paranoid. And it's really easy for a Leo to feel this....I know...not only am I a Leo but I also was born on 8/7.
LIN

Thanks for asking. I follow a reality star on facebook, she renovates old homes ( rehab addict is the name of her show ) and she is passionate about preserving historical buildings and maintaining as much integrity of the floor plans, etc. She is also into recycling items needed for these renovations, in an effort to keep waste out of landfills. She was very upset about a recent city council decision in her area to demolish a 122 yr. old home in order to build a new apartment complex. She was extremely vocal about her disapproval and called out one city council member in particular who she had met with and thought would rule in her favor, but ruled instead for the home to be given to the wrecking ball, which it was even after the reality star offered a considerable sum to purchase the home and save it.

So anyway, I found a post about it on my facebook page and I posted a snarky comment about how the city council member should have her backside to the wrecking ball. Then another post showed up on my facebook page, the Mayor was very upset by my post in particular and the television news station read my comment on the air, but withheld my identity and seemed to blame it all on the reality star for rallying her many followers to join her protest. Many comments were posted, my comment in particular made the Mayor very upset. I apologized to the reality star on facebook, she wrote back and gave me a very nice answer and reassured me the Mayor was being unreasonable.

Lin

You know, whenever you post in public you have to be prepared for both positive and negative responses. And when you attack elected officials you have to again, be prepared for the person to try to intimidate you, to save face for themselves. When you stick you toe into the world of politics on any level you have to face the fact that there is ACID in that pool.

I thought no one could post on your Facebook page without being invited! I am not on Facebook so I may be wrong....but how did that happen?

The fact that your comments drew such attenion should tell you that your words are powerful....maybe you can utilize that strength for something more productive and maybe -perhaps - lucretive.
LIN

melleoscorp

Account Closed
Pluto's long transit its effect is always generational. I agree with all replies above. I have Pluto 3rd also. not opposing Moon but pretty much what you described above is also happening to me, online and offline. "I did not swear, I simply said something snarky. My particular comments were the only ones quoted and were not welcome. I have also noticed if I post anything nice, innocent or completely kind and gentle in nature anywhere in social media such as Yahoo or Facebook, some very mean person will come along and completely dump on it in the most insulting sort of way. "
When I was in elementary school, most students didn't like talking to me and I felt lonely with no one to talk to. One day I went home and didn't want to go back to school. My Aries dad told me something I remember well to this date in my 40s. He said no matter what I say or do, there is always someone who is against it. This person may have many friends/followers that they too will avoid/dislike even despise me no matter what I say or do. Ever since I never hold back saying/writing my thoughts. Whatever happens, happens. I did try holding back, but didn't work. Maybe because Leo sun/mercury sextiles Pluto. and I am Leo sun Scorpio rising. Also Sun/Mercury in 10th probably why.

Last edited:

Slenkar

The third house is siblings and communication, so that is why you got those bad phonecalls from the half sister
(Afflicted Pluto in third)

Kali

I have Pluto in the third square my moon. And no, I've never had the issues you're describing. No one is mentioning Mercury here. It's not a tight conjunction with Pluto, but the aspect is known for being tactless, speaking without thought of consequences.