Should I move to California once I get my degree?

brookeashley

Should I move to California once I get my degree? I have nothing waiting for me there, just have always felt a pull towards California. Ruler of the ascendant is in the 9th (Traveling?) good? Or would I look to the 4th as a place of home for this.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_26_california_hw_58906_6415.jpg
    astro_2gw_26_california_hw_58906_6415.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 22

Zarathu

Account Closed
In my opinion, you have two characteristics of the chart that make it rather unreliable:

1. ASC is in the first 3 degrees which says that way too much stuff has to take place before a decision to move to California is worthwhile, such as some kind of job offer, etc.

2. Saturn is in the 7th house which uses to mean that the calculation was wrong in some way but now usually means that this is not your real question, and the astrology picked that out. The horary sees something "fishy" with the question.

Combining the two of them together, I wouldn't answer it, since my answer would be deeply unreliable.

It might be interesting for you to ask a "read my chart" question where you give your birth data, and several different suggested places you could move, and asking what parameters you want to see enhanced by the move(such as career, or romance, or friendships, or education, etc), in addition to your fall back place which might be where you live right now.

Z

Harold

That's a no-brainer surely. In the future, you will be far better off living in California wondering if you should have moved somewhere else, than being anywhere else and wondering if you should have moved to California!:smile:

Zarathu

Account Closed
That's a no-brainer surely. In the future, you will be far better off living in California wondering if you should have moved somewhere else, than being anywhere else and wondering if you should have moved to California!:smile:

Not necessarily. My daughter moved to California from Northhampton, MA, and for 3 years felt so out of place that she eventually moved back. But did you have astrology for that or do you just think that Cal-eee-Forya is just the cat's meow?

Harold

Not necessarily. My daughter moved to California from Northhampton, MA, and for 3 years felt so out of place that she eventually moved back. But did you have astrology for that or do you just think that Cal-eee-Forya is just the cat's meow?

No, my comments were not based on astrology. I always give the astrological reasoning if they are.

As for California being "the cat's meow", I did not actually say that.... But I have lived in California myself and I can say that from first hand experience California has a lot going for it in terms of weather, variety of landscape, cultural variety and richness, and of course - technological facility. I have also found the people of California to much more open and engaging than folks on the East Coast.

What I suggested was that if you are going to be miserable in life wondering if life would be better some place else, California is better place to be pondering such things than anywhere else for a lot of very good reasons.

Zarathu

Account Closed
What I suggested was that if you are going to be miserable in life wondering if life would be better some place else, California is better place to be pondering such things than anywhere else for a lot of very good reasons.

And for a lot of good reasons, my daughter found it to be the worst place she ever lived.

brookeashley

I've been to California and loved it. I'm originally from Vegas so I think that's why the west, namely California is appealing to me. The only things I don't like is how expensive it is, and how materialistic things can be depending on the area.
Good point Harold, I'm definitely not that adventurous/courageous though due to financial circumstances. I need to know I'm not setting myself up for failure.