Astrologer says I have yod but I don't see it

brookeashley

I went to a psychic astrologer and she said I had a yod. I researched the topic once I got home and I certainly don't have two sextiles with a quincunx.
I emailed her and she said...

"It isn't always exact. A quincunx is 150 degrees. It is established when you have a trine or sectile to the moon and/or a inconjunct or quincunx to pluto or one of the outer planets."

"Looks like the YOD is between your moon+pluto (Sextile) and inconjunct your Sun."

Could it be a golden yod or something else?
So confused!
If it is a yod, what does it mean?

http://tinypic.com/r/bhggf7/6

Attachments

• CHART.gif
    CHART.gif
    57.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

miquar

Hi. I've only ever seen the name 'yod' used for quincunxes from one planet to two sextiling planets. So I can't see a yod in your chart. It may feel similar to a yod involving Sun, Moon and Pluto - its still a configuration involving both luminaries and Pluto, and the configuration still involves a mixture of 'hard' and 'soft' aspects. Main difference is the strong Sun Pluto square.

Zarathu

Account Closed
A yod is just two inconjuncts. The inconjuncts have a common point on one side of the chart ,and a point 30 degrees on one side and 30 degrees on the other side of the point which is the opposition to the common point.

The means that the sextile is the aspect between the two points that are on both sides of where the opposition point would be.

Remember that there are orbs involved so that the common point on one side of the chart might not be the exact same point. and depending on the orb that you accept for the inconjunct, there may or may not be a sextile. To make a real YOD you have to keep the orbs pretty tight.

Last edited:

gen6k

you have a perfect semisextile type yod.

between uranus/saturn to chiron.

there is some yod-like activity which is probably an intuitive slipp remark fom the astrologer.

try checking in various places for full aspect range. default programs utilize different orbs.
astrotheme, astro.com other sites. check different orbs.