Sixth house! What have you got?

queenfluff

That's actually a pretty accurate description of Saturn in 6. In traditional astrology, 6 is the house of bad things that happen to you that aren't your fault, illness, slavery or drudgework, servants, employees, small animals and pets. And restriction is one of Saturn's keywords.

Saturn doesn't do terrifically well in Taurus (how is it aspected, and how is the cusp of 6 aspected?), but has a little dignity from 20-30 degrees Taurus - that coincides with where the rotten fixed stars live in Taurus, so it's kind of a toss-up.

Thanks Olivia!

Yes, I think it is too (since I live it!). But everything I have read online seems to say it is a "comfortable" or "faithful" placement (meaning not bad or good I guess) for Saturn. When I read that I am thinking "What? Not in my chart!" I don't have any major aspects to my Saturn just a Trine to my MC - which can't be all that bad and some minor ones. Maybe it is the singleton, bucket handle part of this Saturn placement that is the problem? At the other side of my bucket, I have a big Virgo/Libra stelliums in my 11 and 10th houses. I am still learning about the bucket chart but I know someone mentioned the handle planet is considered a focalizer in one charts. In my case, it definately is! :)

Oh, my Saturn was in retrograde when I was born. That might have something to do with it too. The cusp is in Taurus and my Saturn is kind of close to the cusp line. (not too good at interupting the degree on my chart yet) Says "8 Taurus 17' 58' r"

Last edited:

anny

The most important about an house is too look it`s house ruler and then get into the planets in the house. As the ruler shows how the energy will manifest, but the planets in the house just show the potential.

6th house describes our daily schedule, work environment, colleagues, pets, health, hygiene, attitude toward serving others, the way we work and attitudes toward exercising.

My 6th house starts from :capricorn:, but is getting close influence from the 5th house :uranus:. The 6th ruler :saturn: is in :aquarius:. So my work conditions are double :aquarius: ones. I have in 6th also :neptune: and :northnode: in :capricorn:. So this 6th house is something I have to learn this life-time. :innocent:

Already when I was child I was sure that I don`t want to have usual job. I need something different, something outstandingly odd :)leo: :sun: cnj AC - need to be important + double :aquarius: energy + :saturn: opp to :chiron:). My proud personality also doesn`t let me to do most of the serving jobs, because I want to be important. I can`t stand when I am not the boss to my co-workers. Do to something magnificent (Sun trine MC). I have always had problems with authorities, because I don`t like to follow them or do like someone else wants. For example my boss told me that if I don`t work at New Years Eve i will be fired, of course I didn`t take contact with him anymore. I want to be free, because my endless optimism will always help me to find another job.

My daily life is always little weird from the outer world. :unsure: First of all I have strong problems with sleeping at "normal" times - I am a night person. I don`t know why, but I have never in my life managed to sleep very long at times, when other people do. For example when being in school I was always late, because I couldn`t go very early to sleep and therefore always lost some first lessons. Also it can indicate my resistance to follow someone`s else schedule. Later in high school I went to sleep at 6 o clock and woke up at 12 at midnight- then my day started. I believe this is caused by this :uranus: on the cusp of 6th and 6th house ruler in :aquarius:. Which means I am prone to have unconventional daily schedule.

I am very dutiful and hard working person, which i believe is caused by Saturn in 6th and Uranus-Neptune cnj in Capricorn. I consider myself to be workaholic. So from one side I rebel against usual work conditions (Uranus in Capricorn), but also idealize them in some way (Neptune in Capricorn). Especially strong is the Neptun influence in my 6th house. I am very allergic to drugs and medicaments, but also to some kind of foods. Also my illnesses are quite weird and hard to diagnose. Perhaps because of my sensitivity I like natural ways of healing, like homeopathy or acupuncture. Also my attitude toward health is quite radical, because in some things I haven`t got any help from the conventional medicine, so my belief into it has almost disappeared (Neptune rules 9th). Sometimes as sudden illnesses come, then the sudden they go (Uranus cnj Neptune). I also can`t stand routine, 8-5 schedule makes me ill, so that I could escape from it (Neptune escaping tendencies). I also sometimes forget to eat (Saturn 135 Moon - little care taking as a child). As Neptune rules my 9th house, then mostly I have worked abroad. Like a model, but this comes already from the MC position.

I have always had many pets, because I believe they help to resolve my health karma - giving me some responsibility, someone to be responsible for.

My work environment is always full of deceptions and illusions. Although I haven`t worked in the prison, on the sea, hospital or other institution, which should be actually my type of environment. I do spend so much as possible of the daily schedule alone.

All my childhood I was doing very actively dancing (Moon rules 12th in Gemini 135 to Saturn), being a ballroom dancer, jazz dancer, doing ballet and being a cheerleader. My attitude toward training was extremely serious and I really enjoyed dancing in a group. My training schedule was hectic!! I was having trainings on weird times, like at 10 o`clock at night until 1 o`clock at night, and almost every day.

My 6th house ruler makes just two aspects and both of them are with 0 orb exactitude, 135 to Moon (rules the 12th) and 180 to Chiron in Leo in the 12th. The last one should mean maybe that in my childhood even my leisure time I spent doing sport - I had never time, always so busy!! So the wound can be caused by over-work.

As my Neptune rules the 9th house, and is located in the 6th I will go to study to become a dentist (typical for Saturn in 6th), like my mother is (Saturn exact aspect to Moon). So this could give me possibility to follow my own schedule and put my clients whenever I want. Actually any job, where I can be the boss of my time suits for me.

So as you noticed the 6th house is more about work conditions, environment, than the job itself. Also about following everyday routine or serving someone. The career comes from the MC.

Claire19

Howl,

I'm surprised at how alike we sound... everything you've mentioned in regard to you feeling what "you have to be" or want to do, is very much what I feel as well. A bit strange, since I don't see that much likeness in our map! :)

Can anyone tell me what does Venus ( ruler of ascendant ) in Pisces 6th house indicates in terms of health issues, and more importantly, my vocation?
chart please.