Should I consider this as a conjunction?

Julian

Banned
In my natal chart, I have a Sun conjunct Jupiter both in a partile trine with Pluto. They're both in Hayz, and my Sun has an amazing essential dignity. They're both in Aries in the 9th house. I think this is a really good aspect and it makes my Sun incredibly powerful and it is 10 degrees away from the MC. Should I consider it as a mild conjunct? I mean, normally I wouldn't consider it as a conjunction but it is very powerful in my natal chart. Here is it:

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_julian_g.70177.24164.gif
    astro_2gw_01_julian_g.70177.24164.gif
    49.5 KB · Views: 371

heretolearn

Sun is exalted in Aries, but I am not following your reasoning for why you consider it to have "amazing essential dignity." The specific degree of exaltation for the Sun in the sign of Aries is 19 degrees. http://www.skyscript.co.uk/essential_dignities.html
Your Sun is at 11d37' which is quite a ways off, so while many would consider your Sun to still be exalted, its effect is not the same as if it were in 19d.

Your Sun also appears to be 11 degrees from MC.

I'm sorry, I don't follow your reasoning.

Julian

Banned
Sun is exalted in Aries, but I am not following your reasoning for why you consider it to have "amazing essential dignity." The specific degree of exaltation for the Sun in the sign of Aries is 19 degrees. http://www.skyscript.co.uk/essential_dignities.html
Your Sun is at 11d37' which is quite a ways off, so while many would consider your Sun to still be exalted, its effect is not the same as if it were in 19d.

Your Sun also appears to be 11 degrees from MC.

I'm sorry, I don't follow your reasoning.

My reasoning is that my Sun is in the second decanate of Aries, therefore it has a better dignity than in the other 2 decanates. I've read before that as a planet is stronger, it allows larger orbs to be used in its aspects.

It has a good dignity for the following reasons:

-9th house is good for the Sun
-Masculine house, sign and planet, therefore it's considered more powerful.
-Partile conjunct with Jupiter. In accidental dignities, this is as powerful as being in rulership
-Trine with Pluto
-Second decanate
-Triplicity ruler is the planet itself.

AND I've been told before that Jupiter and Sun by themselves NEAR the MC have a good influence over it. Do parallels work like that?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

In my natal chart, I have a Sun conjunct Jupiter
It is helpful to picture the skies at the time of your birth :smile:
the planet JUPITER and the SUN were so close
that JUPITER would have been invisible
and in a situation known as 'combust'

i.e.

A planet is combust when it is in conjunction with the Sun
and therefore hidden from sight by the light of the Sun.
Traditionally this is a serious debility
and implies that the planet is weakened or restricted in power.
However, if the planet is within 17 minutes of the Sun,
it is termed Cazimi
- in the heart of the Sun -
and considered strengthened by the union.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/combust.html

However, your natal Jupiter is more than 17 minutes distant from the Sun
and therefore apparently not Cazimi

nevertheless
there are as usual differences of opinion on this matter
so a discussion on THE DEFINITION OF CAZIMI at
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7005&sid=22cde21c7a8865d1f0d03aed75c6bcd5
may throw some light on this interesting topic for you

both in a partile trine with Pluto. They're both in Hayz,
and my Sun has an amazing essential dignity.
They're both in Aries in the 9th house. I think this is a really good aspect
and it makes my Sun incredibly powerful and it is 10 degrees away from the MC.

Should I consider it as a mild conjunct?
I mean, normally I wouldn't consider it as a conjunction but it is very powerful in my natal chart.
Here is it:
An Aries Sun is Exalted and essentially dignified
however the Sun in Leo is considered stronger
and more dignified than an Aries Sun

'....After its own sign, the next best place for a planet to be is in its sign of exaltation.
In symbolic terms this is comparable to being an honoured guest in someone else's home.
There is not the same level of freedom or strength as when a planet is in its own sign
but it shows a dignified position, often indicating a person of respect or rank.....'

'....One has only to consider the meaning of the word 'exalted'
to understand the use of this dignity in judgement.
The 12th century Hebrew astrologer, Ibn Ezra,
said that a planet in its own exaltation

"is like a man in the pinnacle of his rank",

while Lilly less flatteringly notes that it:

"presents a person of haughty condition, arrogant, assuming more unto him then his due".....'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig3.html

JUPITERASC

My reasoning is that my Sun is in the second decanate of Aries,
therefore it has a better dignity than in the other 2 decanates.
I've read before that as a planet is stronger, it allows larger orbs to be used in its aspects.

It has a good dignity for the following reasons:

-9th house is good for the Sun
-Masculine house, sign and planet, therefore it's considered more powerful.
-Partile conjunct with Jupiter. In accidental dignities, this is as powerful as being in rulership
-Trine with Pluto
-Second decanate
-Triplicity ruler is the planet itself.

AND I've been told before that Jupiter and Sun by themselves NEAR the MC have a good influence over it.

Do parallels work like that?
Parallels are considered similar to conjunctions :smile:

Regarding your Aries Sun being conjunct Jupiter

Although your Aries Sun is essentially dignified
In contrast,
Jupiter at 11 degrees Aries is in fact Peregrine
due to having no essential dignity at all

A Planet is then said to be Peregrine,
when he is in the degrees of any Sign wherein he hath no essential dignity,
As Saturn in the tenth degree of Aries,
that Sign being not his House, Exaltation, or of his Triplicity,
or he having in that degree neither Term or Face,
he is then said to be Peregrine;
had he been in 27, 28, &c. of Aries, he could not be termed Peregrine,
because then he is in his own Term.
William Lilly, Christian Astrology, p.112

'....Just as essential dignity signifies strength and a capacity for beneficial action,
lack of it implies weakness or a harmful disposition.
A planet with no essential dignity is called Peregrine,
a Latin word meaning 'alien' or 'foreigner'
pereger = beyond the borders,
ager = land, i.e., 'beyond one's own land'.
In old English, to 'peregrinate' means to wander far from home....'

'....In symbolic terms, a peregrine planet describes a drifter
- someone with no title or stake in his or her environment.
It's helpful to think in terms of property
because
Property owners tend to view drifters with suspicion, and distrust their lack of stability.
Peregrine planets share this dubious reputation

Under normal circumstances a peregrine planet lacks the necessary strength to convey lasting benefit.
Its position of weakness can be alleviated, however, if it is strongly dignified accidentally
or if it forms a mutual reception with a stronger planet....'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig4.html

HOW TO READ THIS TABLE http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html

dignities2.gif

Julian

Banned
Yes, but I wasn't talking about how strong my Jupiter is. Anyhow, Jupiter is in its own triplicity, therefore it gains essential dignity. Also, the Sun in the second decanate of Aries as strong as in Leo. This is because it gains a +4 for being in exaltation and then +1 for being in its own face. There isn't such thing as a Sun term or face in Saggittarius or Leo. Also, some people consider that Cazimi is just even worse for the planet. And I don't consider my Jupiter weakened to be bad, since it is tightly conjunct with my Sun. The energies of both of them are combined, so you can't really separate the Sun and Jupiter as different ideas. They're the same in my natal chart.

But the question was, do I consider the conjunction with my MC? I think it has had some impact on me. I've always wanted to be in a powerful position, and I've always looked up to people that had really good grades in school or people that are brilliant. Even more than my own mother (I have my moon in the IC, so you'd normally think that I would look up to her instead of my father) It's like this enormous desire to be Leo-like and to be a father figure myself.

JUPITERASC

Yes, but I wasn't talking about how strong my Jupiter is.

Anyhow, Jupiter is in its own triplicity,
therefore it gains essential dignity.

Jupiter could only have been in its own triplicity IF this had been a Night chart

but

Jupiter is in the Sun's Triplicity because this is a Day Chart :smile:

therefore Jupiter has no essential dignity and remains peregrine
as previously mentioned

JUPITERASC

....Also, some people consider that Cazimi is just even worse for the planet.
And I don't consider my Jupiter weakened to be bad,
since it is tightly conjunct with my Sun.
The energies of both of them are combined, so you can't really separate the Sun and Jupiter as different ideas.
They're the same in my natal chart.
Jupiter is 'combust'
because Jupiter is so close to the Sun

Sun and Jupiter are separate :smile:
Sun has essential dignity and strength
Jupiter has no essential dignity and lacks a capacity for beneficial action

JUPITERASC

But the question was, do I consider the conjunction with my MC? I think it has had some impact on me.
I've always wanted to be in a powerful position,
and I've always looked up to people that had really good grades in school or people that are brilliant.
Even more than my own mother (I have my moon in the IC, so you'd normally think that I would look up to her instead of my father)
It's like this enormous desire to be Leo-like and to be a father figure myself.
Certainly, Sun in 10th House is one of the indicators of fame
and
your sun is in the 10th WHOLE SIGN house

The house and sign location of any nata planet
is entirely dependent on the preferred house system :smile:
Easily checked by creating a natal chart on astro.com using their EXTENDED CHART SELECTION PAGE
on which there is a choice from fourteen different house systems
WHOLE SIGN houses places SUN in 10th in this particular case

'...In no other area of astrology is there so much mess and confusion than in the area of the so-called "houses".
There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart" into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains, represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.
Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable or meant the same thing.
A planet in Aries was also a planet in the house of Aries,
so that in effect. there were no real houses as we know them today....'

'….Artificial divisions now known as houses were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope,
which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed
or confused
as means of dividing the birth chart.
The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites, for example, were definite power points or areas of intense focus,
but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant.....'

EXPLANATORY ASTROLOGICAL HOUSES ARTICLE http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html

Julian

Banned
Certainly, Sun in 10th House is one of the indicators of fame
and
your sun is in the 10th WHOLE SIGN house

The house and sign location of any nata planet
is entirely dependent on the preferred house system :smile:
Easily checked by creating a natal chart on astro.com using their EXTENDED CHART SELECTION PAGE
on which there is a choice from fourteen different house systems
WHOLE SIGN houses places SUN in 10th in this particular case

'...In no other area of astrology is there so much mess and confusion than in the area of the so-called "houses".
There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart" into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains, represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.
Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable or meant the same thing.
A planet in Aries was also a planet in the house of Aries,
so that in effect. there were no real houses as we know them today....'

'….Artificial divisions now known as houses were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope,
which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed
or confused
as means of dividing the birth chart.
The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites, for example, were definite power points or areas of intense focus,
but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant.....'

EXPLANATORY ASTROLOGICAL HOUSES ARTICLE http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html

Yes, but that house system is really not in use. I haven't seen anybody use that house system instead of the Placidus system.

JUPITERASC

Yes, but that house system is really not in use.
I haven't seen anybody use that house system instead of the Placidus system.
Many of our members do use Whole Sign Houses

Placidus is mostly used simply because it is the default system on astro.com :smile:
as well as other sites that create free natal charts
many newcomers to astrology are simply unaware that there are alternative house systems

Also Vedic astrology always uses Whole Sign

Arena

In my natal chart, I have a Sun conjunct Jupiter both in a partile trine with Pluto. They're both in Hayz, and my Sun has an amazing essential dignity. They're both in Aries in the 9th house. I think this is a really good aspect and it makes my Sun incredibly powerful and it is 10 degrees away from the MC. Should I consider it as a mild conjunct? I mean, normally I wouldn't consider it as a conjunction but it is very powerful in my natal chart. Here is it:

Hello
Some schools actually consider all conjunctions to the sun to be super good :happy:

I see you as a true lucky guy with an enourmous zest for travelling the world, living abroad and studying higher education. Success in your profession, career is bound to be good... but you might be a bit confused about what you want to make your career. Sun-jupiter conjunction in 10th house whole signs. In my (sidereal ) view your jupiter is conjunct sun in pisces, so has good dignity. Your Moon is in Virgo. Your Mercury is the ruler of your home and is in 9th house, i think you will move or relocate to faraway place.

Julian

Banned
Hello
Some schools actually consider all conjunctions to the sun to be super good :happy:

I see you as a true lucky guy with an enourmous zest for travelling the world, living abroad and studying higher education. Success in your profession, career is bound to be good... but you might be a bit confused about what you want to make your career. Sun-jupiter conjunction in 10th house whole signs. In my (sidereal ) view your jupiter is conjunct sun in pisces, so has good dignity. Your Moon is in Virgo. Your Mercury is the ruler of your home and is in 9th house, i think you will move or relocate to faraway place.

First of all thanks for the support, but I don't like the sign of :pisces: hehe. What I have in common in the normal chart is :mercury: in :pisces: and my imagination and creative potential. :pisces: is a bit weak for a personality.

JUPITERASC

Hello

I see you as a true lucky guy with an enourmous zest for travelling the world, living abroad and studying higher education. Success in your profession, career is bound to be good... but you might be a bit confused about what you want to make your career. Sun-jupiter conjunction in 10th house whole signs.

In my (sidereal ) view your jupiter is conjunct sun in pisces, so has good dignity.
Your Moon is in Virgo.
Your Mercury is the ruler of your home and is in 9th house,
i think you will move or relocate to faraway place.
That's interesting Arena because you are correct regarding relocation to faraway places :smile:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=594175#post594175
Thanks. In fact, it's quite rare for me to know this much English for my age.
It's because I started learning English when I was 5, but not by any classes or anything, instead by listening at the TV in Belgrade, Serbia.
I moved from my natal country when I was like 4, and then moved again when I was 5,
and then multiple times to Paris and to Italy.
Right now I'm back at home. I've spent more time outside the country than I've spent here......

Arena

Well thanks forpointing that out JA. I think I may have stumbled upon the right track for me in astrology. Maybe you should look into WSH and sidereal :tongue:

Julian, Pisces is not at all a weak sign if its ruler is well placed, which it is in your chart.

JUPITERASC

Well thanks forpointing that out JA.
I think I may have stumbled upon the right track for me in astrology. Maybe you should look into WSH and sidereal :tongue:

Julian, Pisces is not at all a weak sign if its ruler is well placed, which it is in your chart.
Julian clearly has not studied Pisces
but to be fair
Julian joined our forum only three or four months ago
and is aged fifteen
so has much to learn :smile: