Gemstone remedies: Can Ruby and Pearl be worn together?

heretolearn

Hello Vedic astrologers,

Some time ago, I purchased a Vedic gemstone report that suggested I wear Ruby and Yellow Sapphire together, lifelong, but Pearl for the period beginning Jan 10, 2015, for a 10 year period. I believe I have read somewhere that ruby and pearl should not be worn together. Do you suggest this remedy, or that I not wear gems at all?

Here is my birth info:

DOB: 21 January 1983
Time: 9:56AM
Place: 90.04W 29.57N

I have had an astrologer tell me that having my mother live with me would be beneficial as a remedy, but she is deceased.

I can post a chart if that will be helpful, but it seems that the astrologers in this thread prefer to cast their own.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

heretolearn

Could not upload images in first post while on other device.

Here are charts:
chart.jpg

astro_2gw_01_anonymous_hw541496431.gif

JUPITERASC

Hello Vedic astrologers,

Some time ago, I purchased a Vedic gemstone report that suggested I wear Ruby and Yellow Sapphire together, lifelong, but Pearl for the period beginning Jan 10, 2015, for a 10 year period. I believe I have read somewhere that ruby and pearl should not be worn together. Do you suggest this remedy, or that I not wear gems at all?

Here is my birth info:

DOB: 21 January 1983
Time: 9:56AM
Place: 90.04W 29.57N

I have had an astrologer tell me that having my mother live with me would be beneficial as a remedy, but she is deceased.

I can post a chart if that will be helpful, but it seems that the astrologers in this thread prefer to cast their own.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

GEMS + STONES: TRIDOSHA AFFINITIES http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26898 :smile:

Shanti

Based on the safe school of thought regarding gemstone remedies I would not recommend ruby as Sun is ruling your 6th house.
Activating the general adverse dussthana quality of the 6th house by gem is not mainstream recomendation for gems, as this would be risky.

Moon as lifelong stone would be better imo as your Moon is ruling beneficial house 5th. Moon is a bit challenged as on a weak 0' degree and aspected by Saturn.

Strenghtening Moon with gems or mantras may help to improve Peace of mind, ,economical Resources and family matters.

first you need to put on pukraaj 7 raati in gold in first finger and ruby not required it is in anti rashi and your saturn is waching moon and moon is mother planet thats why your mother is facing health problem and rahu in mother house you need to take remedy of rahu and saturn. pearl is not required best of luck

Last edited:

heretolearn

Hello shanti, thank you for your response and recommendation. I admittedly know quite little about Vedic astrology. I dug up my gemstone recommendation report to see why Sun was recommended together with Jupiter, and here's an except of the report concerning the Sun:
Gemstone Recommendation Report excerpt said:
When the chart is analyzed from the ascendant, Sun becomes the lord of the 6th house of Service and Subordinates and Competition at work place and it is posited in the important 11th house of Profits and Social Circle. Being posited in the 11th house it is directly aspecting the 5th trine house of speculative gains, progeny, higher knowledge, spiritual grace, getting credit for good work and recognition by its 7th direct aspect / drishti, which is very considered very potent and auspicious.

1) Sun’s position in the 11th house is one of the most potent positions. Also the aspect on the 5th house of gains is also a potent aspect.

2) You are currently undergoing the major planetary period of Sun which will operate till 01 – 10 – 2015, making Sun the most important planet for you during this period and also for life long. You must give strength to Sun by wearing its Gemstone – Natural Ruby during this planetary period and also for lifelong.

3) Sun’s position in the 11th house is considered very powerful. From time immemorial, it has been said that if a malefic planet is posited in either of the 3rd, 6th or 11th houses, it is considered very powerful and potent planet for the individual. Sun (malefic in nature) is posited in the 11th house of your horoscope and is very powerful there.

Analysis from the Chandra Kundli / Lunar Chart

Even when the chart is analysed from the lunar chart, Sun gains immense importance and strength by virtue of its important position. In this chart Sun becomes the lord of the 5th trine house of speculative gains, progeny, higher knowledge, spiritual grace, getting credit for good work and recognition.

Being the lord of this important house Sun is posited very powerfully in the 10th quadrant house of Profession and Honours and Father, from where it is directly aspecting the 4th quadrant house of Land, properties, Pleasures and One’s mother by its 7th direct aspect, which is also a potent aspect.

This is one of the favorable and beneficial positions of Sun in the birth-chart. Sun is Raja (king) among planets, 10th house is the Rajya-Bhava (profession, career, calling etc.) ruled by Sun (and also by Mars to an extent). The 10th house chiefly rules the question of main source of earnings and income.

Being the lord of a trine it is posited in a quadrant. This combination is called as a Raja Yoga- a combination capable of causing significant positive gains in life - as stated by Maharishi Parasher in his Magnus Opus - Brihat Parasher Hora Shastra. You must give strength to Sun and take full benefits of its strategic position in your horoscope – by wearing its gemstone – Natural Ruby for life long.

I went back and looked and I have been wearing unheated Yellow Topaz and untreated garnet since about October of 2011.

Since that time, I can say that professional developments have been positive. The one "weak spot" would be in the area of family affairs, and financial involvements related to family. I have no issues with my personal finances.

Since you took the time to take a look, I thought I would share a portion of my report as it probably makes more sense to you than it does me. Thanks again. :)

dhundhun

I think, whatever Shanti and mukeshgupta said is as per Vedic traditions and even if any contradiction is there it is because of different opinion.

What ever computer report is, it is a JUNK.

heretolearn

mukeshguptaji, thank you for your time and your reply. I am currently wearing both unheated yellow topaz and untreated red garnet as pendant.

My mother is deceased since the end of 2012.

Is your recommendation to also wear gemstones for rahu and saturn? I am not quite clear on that. I see that you suggest a very large pukraaj. Can I ask how one arrives at the raati amount required for a remedy? Thank you.

heretolearn

Hello dhuhdhun, thank you for your response. The report was supposed to be a personalized reading and recommendation and not just a computerized report, though I am sure that is also possible.

Are you saying that the recommendations within the report do NOT follow vedic tradition at all? Thanks.

dhundhun

Hello dhuhdhun, thank you for your response. The report was supposed to be a personalized reading and recommendation and not just a computerized report, though I am sure that is also possible.

Are you saying that the recommendations within the report do NOT follow vedic tradition at all? Thanks.

You are here with A COMPUTER GENERATED REPORT to get that validated. I have doubts that any Vedic Astrology learned expert will validate that.

heretolearn

You are here with A COMPUTER GENERATED REPORT to get that validated. I have doubts that any Vedic Astrology learned expert will validate that.

As I said before, I don't know if it's a computer generated report or not. I paid for a personalized recommendation. It's entirely possible that you are correct, but I have no way of knowing. I did not plug my birth data into some software or online calculator to get this information. It was sent to me via email. But if your opinion is that a computer spit this out with the information I provided, that's entirely possible and I have no way of showing otherwise.

Thanks.

dhundhun

If Ruby is in question,

In Western Astrology, you have a T-Square by Moon, Sun and Pluto/Saturn.

• In this Moon is weakest.
  • Sun is weaker, because squared by Saturn.
This system can recommend you using Pearl first for Moon and then Ruby for Sun.

Using Western System, this is better way of saying that Ruby can help life time.

Also, with this system, you will be benefited by Pearl or Ruby or Pearl/Ruby together.

Please remember that Pearl's life is about three years and Ruby's life is about 5 years, when set in ring. You need to keep on changing after they age out for continuous benefits.

Last edited:

Shanti

Hello shanti, thank you for your response and recommendation. I admittedly know quite little about Vedic astrology. I dug up my gemstone recommendation report to see why Sun was recommended together with Jupiter, and here's an except of the report concerning the Sun:

I went back and looked and I have been wearing unheated Yellow Topaz and untreated garnet since about October of 2011.

Since that time, I can say that professional developments have been positive. The one "weak spot" would be in the area of family affairs, and financial involvements related to family. I have no issues with my personal finances.
:)

Hi Heretolearn

Some various comments about these matters:

There exists two diametrically opposite school of thoughts regarding gemstone recommendations. I learned the "safe school" where recommendation of weak benefics ruling good houses is the way to go.
Recommening malefics is seen as risky in this context. I have researched the field but found no 100 percent agreement in this.

Mantra is safe way to go and if one is uncertain the best and effective way of countering bad effects.

Dhundhuns mentioning the t-Square is relevant. This is a challenging t-Square involving Saturn,pluto-sun-Moon, the two lights in western system.

The house that your Sun are placed in the 11th house is good. Also sun is in Close parallel /Declination // to Jupiter. which is a good countereffect of the saturnian plutonian western aspect.
Sun is further in 10th house from Moon lagna, which is also quite good for career.

About wearing garnet and yellow Topaz.
Yellow Topaz for Jupiter lagna lord is good in every system of gem recommendation.

Good wishes

Crystalpages

Dear all,

I have generally found gemstones to be rather ineffective remedies in the long run. This is partly due to the placebo effect that any change in routine often provides particularly to those who are suggestible folks, but also because of the haphazard manner in which the gemstones are purchased, treated and so on. I realize that quite a market has grown-up around the gemstones and so on and shall continue to be fuelled by willing buyers and eager sellers.

If karma is what is causing the misfortunes -- a foundation theory that we have to believe in along with reincarnation in order to make sense of Karma -- then paying the already rich jeweller or flourishing gemstone mining industry cannot be the ideal penance -- could it?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Shanti

Yes there is a point in this wiew no doubt.

Generally remedies like mantra and gemstones help setting up a vibration in the subtle body where new thoughts and attitudes can be born for new realities to be experienced.
Mantra is more in my taste as it involves some effort and will. More sattvic
in a sense.

heretolearn

Dear all,

I have generally found gemstones to be rather ineffective remedies in the long run. This is partly due to the placebo effect that any change in routine often provides particularly to those who are suggestible folks, but also because of the haphazard manner in which the gemstones are purchased, treated and so on. I realize that quite a market has grown-up around the gemstones and so on and shall continue to be fuelled by willing buyers and eager sellers.

If karma is what is causing the misfortunes -- a foundation theory that we have to believe in along with reincarnation in order to make sense of Karma -- then paying the already rich jeweller or flourishing gemstone mining industry cannot be the ideal penance -- could it?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Thank you for your comment, Rohiniranjan. The gems I am wearing had the appropriate puja performed, but I do certainly take your point that simply applying a gemstone remedy is almost too simple to try to address something as complex as accumulated karma. I have read that chanting mantras and performing things such as donations are more effective than gemstones. I am not Hindu, nor are there any nearby temples where I might get guidance on this. Thanks again.

kshantaram

Premium Member
Could not upload images in first post while on other device.

Here are charts:
chart.jpg

astro_2gw_01_anonymous_hw541496431.gif

6yrs sun period till age 33.

sun lord 6th for health-employment over 11th sun-venus cap 6th from 6th prone to further disease-health issues - heart, stomach, intestine, arms-ears-shoulders, knees impacted. gains not as expected through employment, beauty products, electricals-electronics, govt/corporates/social contacts/women etc at slow pace, while friendships could be impacted
sun enemy sign capricorn.

venus highest planetary deg cap flair of personality, artistic aptitudes, architecture, interior decoration, event management, etc. and gains thereby.

venus conj sun combust and could possibly call for zinc supplements for sustaining health.

could donate 1.25kg each wheat and large white beans every month sat late evening to the needy, prayers to Mother Mary.

mer lord 7th virgo inimical for the pisces asc, mer 2nd highest deg factor for vocation.

stress-delays in relationship-marriage,

lord 7th mer retro towards jup asc lord scorpio 9th inclined to relationship-marriage

inimical mer lord 7th over unfriendly sag 10th and retro impacting career under stress-delays perhaps,
while aspecting own gemini 4th could be good for domestic comforts and property matters/protective,

seems retro mer towards enemy sign scorpio 6th from the 4th is not effective for housing matters.
inimical mer also being lord 4th retro towards scorpio 9th impacting luck, higher education, distant travels, etc
rahu friendly gemini 4th tending to foreign lands.
housing issue could be compounded by significator mars over enemy sign saturn 12th acq for foreign lands.
venus for housing comforts combust with sun capricorn 8th from 4th.

could keep mer yantra-inscribed metal plate at the alter at home and worship regularly. or donate whole green lentils
wed mornings to the needy once 3m, 1.25kg. could avoid colour green.

retro mer retro towards enemy sign scorpio inclined towards the occult, jup-mer occult scorpio 9th for higher learnings.

mars 9th lord over 11th enemy sign saturnine acq impacting luck, foreign lands/travels, expenses under stress,
health under stress-accident prone, mars lord 2nd for finances over 12th for expenses.

could keep mars yantra at the alter and worship regularly. recite mars mantra. mars 9th lord for luck.
or donate red lentils sat late evening 1.25kg to the needy once three months.
avoid red colour mars over saturnine acq.

moon lord 5th trine for luck-education etc over aries 2nd good for finances, but moon zero deg and weak of infancy,

could wear pearl over friendly jup finger/jup asc lord.

jupiter-moon 6/8 from each other tending to ups and downs, but over aries-scorpio same lord, able to recover faster.
moon aries impulsive. moon ashwini nakshatra brilliant, horse speed, aptitude for medicine.

could wear yellow sapphire over jup finger,

jup asc lord protective of the chart as a whole, promoting luck, higher learnings, occult-research aptitude, distant travels,
trine own pisces asc protective of health, trine it's elevated sign cancer 5th supportive of education, children, position, etc.

sat elevated libra, sat lord 12th over 8th, success amidst adversity, able to cope with challenges, promotes long life,
foreign overseas travels.

sat aspects sag 10th impacting career, debilated aspect over aries 2nd impacting family-finances aspecting moon aries,
aspects enemy sign leo 6th impacting health-employment matters.

could observe fast saturday evenings, lighting sesame oil lamp.

separative ketu over ambitious impulsive sag 10th for career with inimical mer, prone to job separations/lack of stability,
while 10th lord jup negates to the 9th negating career/seeking ease and of retired attitude, inclined to advisory-teaching roles.

could keep ketu yantra at the alter and worship regularly. or donate 1.25kg white sesame seeds thurs mornings
once 3m to the needy. special prayers to Christ thurs mornings offering red flowers/say roses.

also special prayers to saint of your faith thurs evenings offering yellow flowers for jupiter asc lord.

ket sag could promote philosophy, justice, optimism, sportiveness.

hope generic observations-inputs help take stock of chart-remedies, find relevant and helpful. could share specific feedbacks.

btw what are specific issues at hand for which remedial actions being sought, about!

wishing luck,

kshantaram

Last edited:

heretolearn

Thank you, kashantaram for your detailed analysis and reply. I appreciate your time.

The reason for the question was because I had obtained a recommendation some time ago that suggested wearing Pearl beginning in 2015. I wasn't sure whether this would be of benefit, but it seems the various opinions I've received suggest it will be, or at the very least not harmful.

Most areas of my life are presently pretty smooth, but I have issues related to housing, personal relationships and family affairs (relatives). Career is good. Health could see improvement, but is not poor.