Is this just one big Stellium, or would it be considered two separate?

catastrophe

As you can see from my chart I have a Stellium in Capricorn, with my Sun, Saturn and North Node. They're all in the 3rd house but with degrees of >23, I've read that Saturn and the Node could/would be considered in the 4th house, or at least on the cusp... am I applying this correctly? :pinched:

And also in the 3rd house, Capricorn, it shows that my Moon, Uranus, and Neptune are all conjunct, making another stellium. But from Neptune to my Sun, it's also less than 10 degrees... is it possible for two stelliums to combine? Or would that even be possible, for all those planets to be influencing each other in that way?

Any bits of thought will surely help and ease my frustration with what this might possibly really mean as far as my personality goes ... :w00t: thanks

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i98/chr0nic_t0xicity/chartsss.jpg

dr. farr

In my (unconventional) opinion, there is too much distance between Sun and Neptune to link the 2 groups; however, all planets in both groups except the Moon are "under the sunbeams", meaning (in my book) that the Sun greatly modifies all the the influences of all of the planets under its beams (ie, Sun has upper hand over all and each planet under its beams-ie, within 17 degrees of the Sun, coming or going) To me, all of the planets involved are influencing each other, but are greatly modified by the solar influence.

Check to see the declinations of the planets (and Sun) involved: those which are on the same side of the ecliptic (either north or south) are "more" in a "true" (thorough) state of conjunction, than those which are on opposite sides of the ecliptic.

(PS: by the whole sign house system-which I use exclusively-all of these planets in Capricorn are in your 4th house; by most of the more commonly used house systems they are in your 3rd)

(PPS: I also notice that Saturn is the Grand Dispositor of this chart)

Last edited:

AriesJupiter

As far as I know, stelliums need to be 3 or more planets all conjunct to each other. So, if you're dealing with a cluster of planets, and not all of them are conjunct one another, then it's not "all one big stellium." You have to see how many planets you can group together that are all conjunct to one another; then you have a stellium...

Last edited:
I would consider Moon, uranus and neptune a stellium. Node conj Saturn is valid but Node is not a planet and is not usually taken into consideration in aspect configuratoins

Planets conjunct a house cusp
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202304&postcount=7

Perhaps when posting future charts you would consider www.astro.com as we can see much more information on those charts and aspect grid,plus you can select progressions, solar arcs and transits around natal which gives even more information for us look at ...

AriesJupiter

Well you definitely have an emphasis on Capricorn! That's for sure.
I am the same as you, I thought I had a stellium including North Node as well. But no, apparently it is only supposed to be the planets.
I agree with astrologer50, I would consider the Moon, Uranus, & Neptune a stellium, although realize this is a very loose conjunction. (10' should be the very maximum for a natal chart conjunction [in fact I've also heard only 8-9' is the max.]). But, with that being said, it still works.
Hope this helps!

Take care.

Well you definitely have an emphasis on Capricorn! That's for sure.
I am the same as you, I thought I had a stellium including North Node as well. But no, apparently it is only supposed to be the planets.
I agree with astrologer50, I would consider the Moon, Uranus, & Neptune a stellium, although realize this is a very loose conjunction. (10' should be the very maximum for a natal chart conjunction [in fact I've also heard only 8-9' is the max.]). But, with that being said, it still works.
Hope this helps!

Take care.

The norm or max usually is 8' BUT for sun and moon we allow upto 10' for the 'lights' funnily enough the orbs, like house systems can be bit of sore point with astrologers, but I agree with Dr.Farr sun/neptune are too far aprt

Claire19

As far as I know, stelliums need to be 3 or more planets all conjunct to each other. So, if you're dealing with a cluster of planets, and not all of them are conjunct one another, then it's not "all one big stellium." You have to see how many planets you can group together that are all conjunct to one another; then you have a stellium...
That is correct. you maybe count moon conjunct Uranus conjunct Neptune but that it wide and that is the only possible stellium. You certainly have a mix there. NOrth node is not a planet but a placement and not included in stelliums and only have a small orb of maybe 2 degrees and some only use conjunctions with the north node and that is all.