Like Kryptonite, Mars challenging Neptune

Carmaela26

Just sharing about a particular aspect. Will try to keep this short.

So there is a man I have a crazy connection with. We are nearly telepathic. Other people around us noticed our weird connection right away. We are very similar yet very different.
We aren't together and are just friends but there is definitely something there.

We feel like we have known each other a long time....and we would often reminisce about our childhoods around each other, even though we grew up an ocean apart and couldn't have been raised more differently. He in the city, me in the country. We have other similarities and extremes. He is very tall and I am very short. He has large features and I have small features. We have a strange magnetic pull and yet constantly pull away from each other and try to maintain a distance to stay professional and also because the energy is too much. We have sent each other healing energy when on lockdown and I feel when he is in my energy field. Even though we had different backgrounds, we have very similar beliefs and are both energetically sensitive.

It feels like we have known each other for lifetimes and I think we have aspects that show this. However, the 12th house sun indicates to me that this is our last hoorah as souls incarnating together.

The most interesting aspect to me is our composite Mars in Pisces, Square to our composite Neptune. To me this aspect is very alluring, and yet, I feel like we weaken each other. It's like that movie Hancock with Will Smith and Charleze Theron. We have superpowers apart and together we become weaker somehow. Like we get caught up in the bliss of being near each other to the point that we lose a part of ourselves in the process. He and I have definitely noticed that we have each changed since meeting.

Even though in the long run, this may not be a good connection to hang onto (and the 12th house sun would indicate that once we are done dealing with our shared karma that we need to let go and move on), It's hard to just think of letting go. We can't help but want to be close to each other.

I have never felt this sort of connection with anyone else. This is a very weird time for us too as the Great Conjunction is happening near our ASC.

Has anyone else dealt with 12th house sun or Neptune/Mars?

Attachments

• astro_621gw_him_331_her.6596.6585.jpg
    astro_621gw_him_331_her.6596.6585.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Cary2

Banned
Your description of your relationship and your impressions are very compelling, so I know that there is more to your relationship than I know especially in lieu of your inclusion of the composite chart only.

I would hate to assess a relationship based on the composite chart alone. If I were restricted in such a way, I would much prefer the synastry chart.

I don't have your natal chart or his, but I am struck by your description, and I know that it represents considerable meaning to you both. That is a sign of significant astrological entanglement.

I don't know why you assume that a composite 12th House Sun is a last opportunity to connect. I would not make such an assumption, and it contradicts what I know about reincarnation.

The Mars-Neptune square is nearly inconsequential compared to the close configurations in the rest of the chart. For instance, the Moon-Venus square is exceedingly sentimental and devoted if frustrated. At the midpoint of Mars-Neptune square is Venus on Ascendant which highlights the platonic nature of your relationship. Uranus is at the Pluto-Neptune midpoint suggesting a psychic and paranormal link between you.

I suspect it extends much beyond the composite chart between you.

Last edited:

Carmaela26

Hey Cary2,
Thank you for responding. I do feel there is something more but I can't put my finger on it. I'm glad you mentioned the midpoints. That is something I am just learning myself so that will be interesting for me to use to dig in and study.

Since meeting this person, I have become increasingly interested in trying to understand Naptune. It is the most frustrating planet to me...to understand. It has never really caused me a lot of problems but I see other people who have been negatively affected by it. For me, it seems that maybe the consciousness of the individual having a particular Neptune aspect determines how the Neptune plays out, more than any other planet. I think Neptune also has the greates extremes, either really nice energy or really bad energy. It baffles me.

I said what I did about 12th house sun because I know it as the house of exits...finishing up. I know it means a lot of other things as well...that is just the thing that sticks out to me.

I will post our synastry below. We don't have his exact birth time but we are very close, within the hour. Somewhere between 3:15 and 3:45. Regardless, our composite is the same, save for the ASC, which is still close. I feel that an Aquarius ASC better describes us. We just have too many weird things that happen between us....like the telepathy thing...even at a distance.

Thanks again for your reply. I have always loved astrology but it wasn't until the last three years that I have really started to become obsessed with it. I read or watch or listen to something about astrology every single day. I love it because I love learning and with astrology I can never learn it all. Always new things to discover!

Carmaela26

Synastry and natals

Attachments

• astro_61gw_him_345_her.5385.29294.jpg
    astro_61gw_him_345_her.5385.29294.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 20
  • astro_2gw_him_345.5986.50332.jpg
    astro_2gw_him_345.5986.50332.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 22
  • astro_2gw_her.6032.52141.jpg
    astro_2gw_her.6032.52141.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 22

Carmaela26

I also find it interesting that even though he and I are ten years apart, that each of us has Venus in Aquarius at 6 degrees.

Again, I know he was born between 3:15 and 3:45 AM. So on our composite, I placed his time as 3:31 AM to split the difference but honestly, other than the ASC, it doesn't change anything else on the composite.

I am fascniated that after years, I can still look at even my own chart and learn new stuff all the time. Composites and synastry have added a whole other layer that keeps me busy for hours.

What's everyone's thoughts on composites vs synastry? I know many think that a composite often outweighs synastry. I'm not entirely sure on this yet. I'm still looking at relationships of people I already know.

comdoc

Mars and Neptune in your synastry are sextile and trine by Sign -- so easy for Mars and Neptune to relate. Your overall synastry potential is 75% (7.5/10), moderately positive synergy. Synastry shows angular relationships between physical Sign and House placements. Midpoint Composite is once removed from the physical planets and places; composite aspects are derived, so not the same as synastry aspects. Both have their uses. I prefer to look at individual charts first, then synastry, then midpoint composite.

Neptune is about fuzzy far out stuff. Hard to mentally understand, easy to feel. Neptune is about universal love, the higher octave of Venus erotic love.

Last edited:

Carmaela26

Mars and Neptune in your synastry are sextile and trine by Sign -- so easy for Mars and Neptune to relate. Your overall synastry potential is 75% (7.5/10), moderately positive synergy. Synastry shows angular relationships between physical Sign and House placements. Midpoint Composite is once removed from the physical planets and places; composite aspects are derived, so not the same as synastry aspects. Both have their uses. I prefer to look at individual charts first, then synastry, then midpoint composite.

Neptune is about fuzzy far out stuff. Hard to mentally understand, easy to feel. Neptune is about universal love, the higher octave of Venus erotic love.

Thank you for taking a look!
As for me, Neptune has always felt as you described. It wasn't until recently when exploring it with other people's charts and such that I saw it playing out negatively.
And I feel like composite depends on individuals. I have seen where two people have "diificult" aspects, except that the individuals in the relationship were more stimulated by them.
I'm sure you have seen those couples who constantly bicker but can't get enough of each other. I can think of a few who have been married a long time who are like that lol.

Cary2

Banned
Venus-conjunct-Venus is a significant connection bringing sweetness and harmony. Sun/Neptune conjunction is a mystical and psychic connection. You are easy-to-be-with in your relationship. The Neptune-Uranus conjunction is probably very psychic and telepathic in a supporting role to the previous connections.

Synastry is about the chemistry between you, but composite is about the characteristic of the relationship itself. When you read the composite, you are reading the relationship as an individual entity. Synastry reveals more your compatibility factor, but composite reveals more the influences that befall the relationship.

When you discuss your relationship, there are times when you say "we" are this way or that (that is synastry), and there are times when you say "our relationship" is this way or that (that is composite).

I much prefer synastry charts when I can get them.

Carmaela26

Venus-conjunct-Venus is a significant connection bringing sweetness and harmony. Sun/Neptune conjunction is a mystical and psychic connection. You are easy-to-be-with in your relationship. The Neptune-Uranus conjunction is probably very psychic and telepathic in a supporting role to the previous connections.

Synastry is about the chemistry between you, but composite is about the characteristic of the relationship itself. When you read the composite, you are reading the relationship as an individual entity. Synastry reveals more your compatibility factor, but composite reveals more the influences that befall the relationship.

When you discuss your relationship, there are times when you say "we" are this way or that (that is synastry), and there are times when you say "our relationship" is this way or that (that is composite).

I much prefer synastry charts when I can get them.

Yes, I would agree with that...that the composite is more the energy of the relationship itself and that how the individuals feel about that is really each person's perception.
I have seen a technique for figuring out an individual's point of view, of the relationship they are in but I believe it involved the Davison chart and I can't remember the astrologer who came of with it. I wilk have to find his name.