Eating disorders?!

murkybelow

I'm wondering if there are signs of eating disorders in my chart.

I've read a bit on Chiron having this effect when in the 6th house. - However, according to my chart - Chiron just missed the 6th and is in the 7th.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-03 at 11.43.43 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-03 at 11.43.43 AM.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2013-11-03 at 11.38.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-03 at 11.38.50 AM.png
    128.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

waybread

Eating disorders are often associated with Ceres. Yours seems fairly healthy. But I would consider your squares from Pluto, especially Pluto square sun. Pluto affecting personal planets often results in a lot of control issues, and these can affect how people feel about food. For example, if a child is shamed by her parents about being too fat or for not eating everything on her plate, eventually the problem isn't about the food itself, but about who controls the child's body. Shame is a very Plutonian emotion.

It is your call, but if you think you have an eating disorder, would you mind saying what it is? Anorexia is more associated with Saturn; bulimia with Pluto. Jupiter can suggest excess ("if a little is good, a lot is better") which can lead to feelings of remorse, so that a binge/starvation cycle can set it. The moon rules the stomach. Venus and the moon rule many types of food.

murkybelow

eating often becomes a chore, and I get attached to certain foods for extended periods of time (like only wanting soup for a month) ... I guess anorexia would fit best.

waybread

I wonder what is your body image. Few women are happy with their bodies, but Saturn sitting on your ascendant and Chiron oppositing it could give you more body issues than most. Sun conjunct Venus can suggest that you identify (sun) with your femininity (Venus), which in our culture can mean a lot of attention to a thin body image. Is it extra important for you to feel thin, for example; or do you feel frustrated or angry about your body?

I wouldn't worry so much about eating soup for a month if it is healthily full of vegetables and protein, but if it is the same type out of a can day after day; or worse yet, a dried soup mix out of a package (high in salt and chemicals, low in vitamins) you can become malnourished.

However, I think Pluto square to so many planets, especially your sun, would make you feel that control issues are big in your life. People with Pluto square sun were often bullied as children, so they learn not to develop a lot of trust, and tend to construe relationships in terms of winning and losing. If you have internalized this "message" you may be very hard on yourself. Sometimes with eating disorders, there is a displacement of the real emotional issues bothering a person onto her body.

Eating disorders can become very serious to your health, so I hope you will make an appointment with your doctor for a check-up, and a chance to discuss your diet. The astrology will only take you so far.

rahu

Banned
hi murkybelow.
studies has shown that with eating disorder,especially anorexia, over 90% have a history of abuse.eithe emotional,physical or sexual.
you have satrun square to theh pluto/node conjunction. this is a sign of a abusive childhood and specificcally a problem with the father. this square can also show repressed or blocked memories so often the abusive experience can be illusive to recall wthout a trained therapis.
but his square also shows a problem with self esteem . murkybelow is actuall a ver descriptivename for this aspect.
wit nessus square to the sun, you have another classic aspec fo abuse.and as i said anorexics have abusive histories over 90% of the time.
these blocks are difficult to deal with , without proffessional help.
the conjunction of the saturn/mars midoint to your sun also reinforces the abusive construct and could include male siblings.

rahu

waybread

A wrong assumption? Simply because most people with eating disorders are female. I hope you are not offended if I got this wrong. (Apologies, if so.) Most of what I said above would apply to a male, with the exception of sun conjunct Venus and feminity. A man with sun conjunct Venus might equally be concerned with his appearance, however.

murkybelow

A wrong assumption? Simply because most people with eating disorders are female. I hope you are not offended if I got this wrong. (Apologies, if so.) Most of what I said above would apply to a male, with the exception of sun conjunct Venus and feminity. A man with sun conjunct Venus might equally be concerned with his appearance, however.

Well quite frankly, yes.

I was bullied constantly as child; never did fit in
True, i don't trust people easily, they usually have to pass some wierd tests i come up with before they "earn" it.

Also, how would the placement of Ceres ( in specific houses affect things) - say in House 2

Last edited:

murkybelow

hi murkybelow.
studies has shown that with eating disorder,especially anorexia, over 90% have a history of abuse.eithe emotional,physical or sexual.
you have satrun square to theh pluto/node conjunction. this is a sign of a abusive childhood and specificcally a problem with the father. this square can also show repressed or blocked memories so often the abusive experience can be illusive to recall wthout a trained therapis.
but his square also shows a problem with self esteem . murkybelow is actuall a ver descriptivename for this aspect.
wit nessus square to the sun, you have another classic aspec fo abuse.and as i said anorexics have abusive histories over 90% of the time.
these blocks are difficult to deal with , without proffessional help.
the conjunction of the saturn/mars midoint to your sun also reinforces the abusive construct and could include male siblings.

rahu

Thanks for your reply Rahu,

I have no clear memories of physical or sexual abuse as a child.
However, my father and I didn't get along much, and I always thought I was walking on egg shells when around him. It's interesting that you see so many indications of abuse in my chart, because I don't think I've dealt with it much... well maybe emotional things... also I don't have any siblings.

opiumchild

However, I think Pluto square to so many planets, especially your sun, would make you feel that control issues are big in your life. People with Pluto square sun were often bullied as children, so they learn not to develop a lot of trust, and tend to construe relationships in terms of winning and losing. If you have internalized this "message" you may be very hard on yourself. Sometimes with eating disorders, there is a displacement of the real emotional issues bothering a person onto her body.

I would have to agree with this statement. I struggled with anorexia a lot when I was younger, and still struggle with it sometimes to this day. In my case I have a 1st house Scorpio Pluto square my Leo Sun/Mercury in the 10th, and my chart ruler Venus is opposite my Saturn/Uranus conjunction... So especially with the Pluto stuff, which signifies control, I would definitely agree with. A lot of eating disorders stem from a feeling of "lack of control" in one area of life or another and it becomes a coping mechanism.