placements or aspects??

manas

Say for example one person has a venus in leo at 28 degrees and another has a venus in scorpio at 2 degrees. The planets have a sextile but the signs are in square.
What is more important with compatibility, the sign or the aspect it forms??

wilsontc

Staff member
Manas,

It depends on your astrological method. Modern astrologers tend to measure based on degrees between objects while traditional astrologers tend to measure based on the number of signs between objects.

About the differences,

Tim

IleneK

Premium Member
I would think it important and useful to factor in, to some extent, the impact of the squaring energies of Leo and Scorpio, no less!

The energetic tension between those signs is undeniable, even if there is sextile by degree.

thelivingsky

I say the sextile is more important. It may carry some incompatibility but the sextile helps to ameliorate that; it provides a path or opportunity to work that issue through to a satisfactory outcome.

Barb at thelivingsky.wordpress.com

katydid

I definitely add an asterisk on to a sextile that is out of sign. Reason being, the opportunity that comes with the sextile aspect is based upon the compatible elements....water and earth, fire and air...

In out of sign sextiles you miss out on the compatibility of elements.

Same thing goes with out of sign squares---I put an asterisk and figure that the square will not have the same amount of tension as usual. Squares usually have the same mode but different element. So fixed vs fixed can be very stubborn.

But an out of sign square does not have the same mode squaring off against each other. So it's a different vibe.

Last edited: