Chiron transiting MC

pluto 74

Hi

does anybody have the experience of Chiron transiting the MC?
I would be very interested in hearing opinions...
Thanks in advance

[poster didn't give astrological interpretation so moved to Greenhorns Lounge - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

dhundhun

Hi

does anybody have the experience of Chiron transiting the MC?
I would be very interested in hearing opinions...
Thanks in advance

Chiron's cycle is about 51 years. So everyone over 51 years must have at least once Chiron transiting the MC.

Chiron hurts, so even if MC is good (by occupied planets or by aspect), one undergoes some experience, which changes professional views or outlook.

If MC is afflicted, it could be more painful, with setbacks.

pluto 74

dhundhun, thanks for your insight...
...but have you experienced the transit yourself?

I am asking because some people have positive experiences with the transit, not easy, but overall positive. For example finding a true purpose in life! I personally think of Chiron as a positive, teaching feature. The great and wise healer, symbol of medicine and tutor of huge heroes like Hercules (Chiron prepared him to successfully accomplish his 12 acts), Jason and Achilles (Chiron taught him how to fight, ride, hunt and heal)...

I agree that the transit might not always be smooth but in order to learn and grow as a human being, sacrificies are compulsory...

I was wondering if somebody had experienced or intensely felt this transit...

Last edited:

R4VEN

pluto 74, I am well over 51, and experienced Chiron transiting my MC on and off during 1996. My MC is in Libra, and along with an MC transit, Chiron had first to conj my Mars-Neptune conjunction.

At the time things were very difficult. I had resigned from my regular job just over a year earlier due to health issues, and at the time of the Chiron conj MC I was trying to create work in an area similar to what I had been doing, but I was endeavouring to contract myself out, so becoming self-employed. It seemed to work for a while, but then the old health issues re-emerged, and I felt I was - literally - flogging a dead horse. My Chiron Return began just over a year later, and with it came a lot of clarity and peace with the status quo. I had always pushed myself, and it was time for a change.

In retrospect, the not-being-able-to-work was a good thing, as I hadn't really wanted to continue with the kind of work I'd been doing. I needed a major break, and so I allowed myself to take it. With it came a major drop in income, but that was not as bad as doing a job which made me (literally) sick. :sick::sick::sick:

EJ53

Banned
...some people have positive experiences with the transit, not easy, but overall positive.
My natal Chiron is in Scorpio/3rd...inflicting a deep-seated fear of being manipulated, which affects my communications.

When transitting Chiron crossed my MC, an employer manipulated me to apply/be interviewed for (and accept) a promotion that I neither sought nor wanted, and which subsequently damaged my health.

No-one but the employer and I were aware of my resistance to this promotion, and we remain the only two who know the reasons for doing so or why I reluctantly decided to "step up to the plate"......So, it was (and had to be) seen by others as having been sought, earned and deserved......but, it was merely Chiron teaching me that not everyone uses manipulation for selfish purposes......(A possibility I had never considered until then).

flea

Hi Pluto74

I had this transit in 2005... I was studying art therapy.... and working in placement in a hospital and school.....using I suppose what were seen as 'wacky' healing methods in a largely traditional setting. That situation challenged and strengthened my understanding of how art therapy works.... and also why people can be uncomfortable with it too.....So it was a major major learning event, the whole year really. I became much more aware of my own beliefs and the way I have been subsequently teaching and working on other stuff. I dont work as an art therapist, but it was a huge opening up for me.

FleaXXX

I don't think much to T chiron, it recently crosse my Asc and I was really looking forward to something major happening ---- was majorly disappointed. I think it's more important by progression or solar arc than it is in transit..

R4VEN

I don't think much to T chiron, it recently crosse my Asc and I was really looking forward to something major happening ---- was majorly disappointed. I think it's more important by progression or solar arc than it is in transit..
Sorry, I disagree. Both my post and EJ's above indicate that it does pack a punch in transit.

It generally travels too slowly for progressed to have much of an impact - although progressed planets aspecting it do. Solar arcs I have not looked into in relation to Chiron.

flea

I found it wasn't a single event but a whole process of learning that happened over most of the year as chiron retrograded. As venus is conjunct my MC... art was involved, and venus rules my 12th house....so spirituality was invloved for me too.... I was reading more books about spiritual discovery than the psychotherapeutic books...just made more of an impact on me studying art therapy.

FleaXXX

AstroIntrigue

I have Chiron transiting my mc in Pisces. While I'm in the midst of it all, what's been happening for me is big shifts in career. I finally sold my business, moved out of California, and I'm focusing on writing, finishing creative projects, etc. I'm much happier, and healthier, because my previous job was very physical. Challenges are in the transition, the trust I need to develop to be successful in my new direction, and learning to deal with less reliability around income. Lots of wounds to deal with around trust, self doubt, etc. But overall, an exiting change. My coping mechanisms have been meditation and lots of coaching from wise friends.

Victoria 888

I have Chiron in strong Conjunction (0.2 degrees) Midheaven. I also have Mars in Aries on Midheaven. I encountered many obstacles for 20 yrs. with my career. Mostly passive aggressive family tossing obstacles my way. I remained determined and overcame every obstacle. This has been positive for me because all of my desires and vision I held are now my reality. I am enjoying a successful career doing what I have always wanted to do. Hope this helps!

therefore I am

If nothing happened when chiron crossed your Asc, then your Asc is incorrect.
Chiron on the Asc is the most painful aspect of Chiron with the axis or any planet. You would certainly be aware of it

IleneK

Premium Member
I am sorry to hear about your Chiron challenges.
It may be helpful to remember that after the open wounds have a chance to close (and they will😊), then Chiron will serve you as teacher and healer. Chiron is about patience and perseverance in the presence of our own pain. So it is okay to just be with it, and be attentive to not getting caught up in the second and unnecessary suffering of thinking about it, lamenting about it.
That is powerful lesson and balm from Chiron from which we may all benefit…