I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

JUPITERASC

......Companies like Neil Michelsen's Astro Computing Services made a freaking fortune back then,
printing out solar returns and lunar returns for the public, at a buck a shot !

But, here's the problem. The Solar Return is bullsh*t and highly over-rated
and astrologers like Noel Tyl deceived the public merely to sell their books !

And my own home library has all types of books; Tyl's books, Hand's books,
books on the solar return like Alexander Volguine's,
and I even took in a live seminar from the late Lois Rodden
on Solar Returns, Lunar Returns, and even Mercury Returns !

Well, 40 years later,
ask Herr Tyl what he thinks of solar returns and lunar returns, now ! LOL

Tyl disowns them !

Thinks they don't work for him, yet he wrote books about this technique !
But, guess what, his new love, which he touts in his newer books,
is solar arcs, which absolutely REEK, FAILS,
when it comes to accuracy and relevancy !

I had a personal reading done once by Tyl and the natal reading absolutely s*cked !

So yes, solar and lunar returns are a big fail !
Then, there is the thorny question of which solar return location works best,
the one for the birth location,
or wherever you happen to be on the date of the solar return !

Thankfully, I won't be lulled into that debate !
With reference to the modern Solar Return
- originally known as
THE SOLAR REVOLUTION
more than a thousand years ago, in fact since approaching two thousand years ago :smile:
The Solar Revolution technique
essentially requires assessment in relation to Annual Profections
and other Time Lord techniques

I recommend Abu Mashar's On the Revolutions of the Years of Nativities
translated by Benjamin Dykes
http://bendykes.com/persians.php#t5

waybread

I would take a solar return as one piece of evidence as to how your year ahead is likely to go. It is a snapshot in time, so it may well miss significant additional transits, let alone progressions, that occur further in the year. I wouldn't view it independently from the natal chart.

The lunar return chart is more about your short-term emotional life.

tsmall

Premium Member
With all due respect, tsmall, you do not know everything I believe about astrology. I certainly did not word the horary question as a death prediction, if this is what you mean. An unwanted colonoscopy result is not a death sentence, as some people do beat late-stage colon cancer, although they are a minority. I have no recollection of your trying to "talk me out of that horary."

Where did I refer to Jupiter in the 4th as "the killing planet?" I did not take it that way in the (separate) profection chart I did for the year of my brother's death. This example is just to suggest that the 8th house is not such a good diagnostic. In my metaphysical beliefs, my brother moved into a different dimension, and Jupiter is the planet of faith.

I am glad you liked my Disney allusion, though.

With all due respect, waybread, the chart you refer to and the conversation about your brother are two different things. And while I love you dearly, I remeber both differently.

The funny thing is that we both agree on THIS solar return chart. Let's just leave it at that.

waybread

With all due respect, waybread, the chart you refer to and the conversation about your brother are two different things. And while I love you dearly, I remeber both differently.

The funny thing is that we both agree on THIS solar return chart. Let's just leave it at that.

Now I'm really confused. I mentioned one medical horary and one profection chart which, yes, are two different charts.

It's OK, tsmall-- I appreciate your affectionate sentiment, but to me love is a more personal emotion specifically shared with known people in my real life. It's not so much about saying to an on-line stranger, "I love you dearly but... [subtext="[I]you are a complete brat[/I]."] There is a more generic benevolent kind of love for people, but few individuals seem to possess it.

But hey-- that's two points of agreement now :happy:: let's not be like Mickey in the Sorcerer's Apprentice, and the posted solar return chart does not look like a death chart. Shall we quit while we are ahead, or try for three?

Hi again.

Don't freak yourself out based on the Solar Return Chart, I know its difficult. I've been studying lots of death related charts in the past few years its become a primary focus.

You're Solar Return Ascendant would most likely not be conjunct chiron if this was your death. It could very likely be relocating, leaving home, or something happening within the home, doesn't have to be painful either, sometimes it's healing that is done. Also Solar Return ascendant is not near the IC in your chart. If you really want to pursue this study. Look at your progressed chart alone, and prog/with natal. Focus should be on the Ruler of your Sun. Progressed ascendant opposing or squaring planets both in the progressed chart and against the natal. Natal nodal degree would be prominent in the progressed chart also. Degrees in the progressed chart would show a theme of some kind, such as several planets or angles all at the same degree, which is when you know something's up or change is on the way.

Sorry to interject, but how about moon? Solar Return moon (in SR 8thH) conjunct natal Chiron (in natal 8th?)

ashriia

Moon chiron in 8th for the solar return year. That could go a number of ways.
This might have to do with resources, grief of surrounding a female in your life, a partnership ending, some kind of major self transformation, or if there are other indicators - issue with something of a sexual nature or reproductive issues. Usually with an influence like that there is always good and bad associated with a position like that. The 8th house is a blessing when youre in need of change also.

I randomly stumbled on this thread. I would love an updates especially with all the thing’s that have happened globally in 2020. Hope all is well.

craft94

I randomly stumbled on this thread. I would love an updates especially with all the thing’s that have happened globally in 2020. Hope all is well.
I'm alive.
Thanks for checking in.

Still concerned about the chart though but less concerned than I was back then.
From what I understand, the ASC or it's ruler need to be afflicted for a solar return chart to indicate death, and the profections would need to show it too.

But I've been curious about Solar Return indications during the year of death and been searching for articles analyzing the Solar Returns of deceased celebrities and what should I stumble on? But this thread I had wrote, on a forum I've long ago abandoned.

craft94

When I got into the astrology business back in the 1970's, the glamour boy at that time was this opera star turned astrologer named Noel Tyl.

Tyl was feted like some rock star and I have no idea why, in the same way that I do not completely understand why Donald Trump is popular or even the future President ! My own natal chart is quite weak and not very powerful, but some charts are perhaps better (luckier?) than others ?

Tyl then touted his encyclopedic, 12 volume Principals and Practice of Astrology, with b.s. spin and marketing similar to a New York ad agency ? which included the vastly over rated Solar Return and the equally overrated Lunar Return, complete with diagrams and testimonials and it was peddled to us in the astrology community like swiss cheese.

Meanwhile, HITLER was given a profile in Tyl's Principles series ? What for ? , we know that all of you Capricorns have a little bit of "Nazi" in you, why study Hitler? LOL you might as well study Donald Trump !

Fortunately, I am not sucked in, that easily ?

Companies like Neil Michelsen's Astro Computing Services made a freaking fortune back then, printing out solar returns and lunar returns for the public, at a buck a shot !

But, here's the problem. The Solar Return is bullsh*t and highly over-rated and astrologers like Noel Tyl deceived the public merely to sell their books !

And my own home library has all types of books; Tyl's books, Hand's books, books on the solar return like Alexander Volguine's, and I even took in a live seminar from the late Lois Rodden on Solar Returns, Lunar Returns, and even Mercury Returns !

Well, 40 years later, ask Herr Tyl what he thinks of solar returns and lunar returns, now ! LOL

Tyl disowns them ! Thinks they don't work for him, yet he wrote books about this technique ! But, guess what, his new love, which he touts in his newer books, is solar arcs, which absolutely REEK, FAILS, when it comes to accuracy and relevancy !

I had a personal reading done once by Tyl and the natal reading absolutely s*cked !

So yes, solar and lunar returns are a big fail ! Then, there is the thorny question of which solar return location works best, the one for the birth location, or wherever you happen to be on the date of the solar return !

Thankfully, I won't be lulled into that debate !

Noel Tyl didn't invent Solar Return charts. In fact, their use predates Progressions, I believe.

craft94

Hi

I created a similar thread awhile back where I was interested in figuring out how much "life" my chart has. Before I went about finding the dangerous years, I first set out to find my hyleg and alcocoden. (http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46808). After doing that I investigated particularly "dangerous" years; If you want my personal opinion on just what it takes to predict death you can read this thread: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93710.

As to what that specific SR might mean you could post it as a separate chart and I'll see what I can find.

Super interesting thread CT!

craft94

Update, since I've received multiple messages asking me for one:

I am alive - I just don't use this forum anymore.
I still have a month left, of course, but I personally doubt I am going to die within the next 28 days.

However, my partner died along with multiple friends. I am experiencing the most intense grief I had ever felt in my life and almost sort of wish it were me instead.
So this chart did indeed predict death - just not my own.

chay

Banned

I still have a month left, of course, but I personally doubt I am going to die within the next 28 days.

However, my partner died along with multiple friends. I am experiencing the most intense grief I had ever felt in my life and almost sort of wish it were me instead.

Astrology will do that. I am so sorry for your loss, it sounds like such a very hard time for you. My heart goes out to you at such a difficult time.

JUPITERASC

Thanks for the update on 2016 Solar Return prediction
however
a Solar Return is valid for one year only :smile:
However, my partner died along with multiple friends.
I am experiencing the most intense grief I had ever felt in my life
and almost sort of wish it were me instead.

craft94

Thanks for the update on 2016 Solar Return prediction
however
a Solar Return is valid for one year only :smile:

Yes, I am aware. However, if you go back and check the first page, you will see that in 2016, I had posted my Solar Return for October 2020 - October 2021 :smile:

JUPITERASC

Yes, I am aware. However, if you go back and check the first page
you will see that in 2016,
I had posted my Solar Return for October 2020 - October 2021 :smile:
you said in 2016

....So, anyway, I got really obsessive with it

and decided to look at my SR charts for the following years
to get a better idea of what the future may hold....

....I don't know what's going to happen
until I got to the year, 2020.
I think I may have just predicted the year of my own death :eek:

.....What are your thoughts on this chart??

I know it's a long time away but it's freaking me out a little bit.
But couldn't Mercury retrograde also cause problems?

Scared....:unsure:
so multiple people close to you
died during your SOLAR RETURN YEAR
beginning October 2020
and there's still one lunar month to go
that's remarkable validation of your prediction of death :smile:
HOWEVER

- tragically deaths of people close to you

Aylinastro

You can bot predict death from your own solar return. But you can predict your own death from viewing your siblings / friends / parents solar return year all at once if theirs show death and if your moms chart for example points at a childs death that year and on top of that if you see it on your siblings solar return too , you can say it can be accurate. But astrology doesn’t give us straight answers when we are so curious about definite future. It is messages and clues and it does suprise always.