Transiting saturn square natal sun

ethertwist

Are you serious? What for? Does this have anything to do with Astrology?

Which time? July 4th weekend 2008, someone stole my bike. I'd already sold my car, so I had to hoof it or ride the bus. Of course Mars was conjunct Saturn while in exact square to natal Sun. Like it really mattered since I was leaving the country anyway.

Before that, May 2001, Saturn conjunct Sun, I was home in Romania, nothing happened. Before that March 1994 Saturn in 4th square Sun, I think I was on television for torching a chiropractor for worker's compensation insurance fraud. Before that, Saturn opposition sun, would have been around January 1986. I was Turkey playing with nukes. Before that, would have been September 1978, Saturn in 10th square Sun. I was a junior in high school playing football. I played four years of football, swam one year, played tennis one year, ran track one year and never got injured.

So, what, like I'm supposed to be dead or in jail or something? Saturn square Sun is bad? Really? Could have fooled me.

Well, you certainly laid the smack down on this thread! :tongue: Out of curiosity, do you feel that too much weight is given to transits in general? Have you found any consistency or recurring themes in your own personal transit experiences or have they all been disparate and/or neutral like the examples you gave above? Are we misusing astrology by posing questions like these about how others experienced a particular transit in order to glean some insight into the possible nature of it? I apologize if my questions are trite, but you have a very dynamic voice on this forum and your insights are often quite informative.

Last edited:

moonwillow

Well, starting Jan 2012 till Oct 2012, I will have this transit.....like this year was not hard enough, I will have another 10 months of misery......!

ethertwist

I'm coming up on this transit in about 3 months from now (November) and I just recently found out that the company I work for is being sold to a competitor and now my job security is in question. Very apropos considering my natal sun at 24 Cancer is in exact square to my MC at 24 Aries/my IC at 24 Libra. So when Saturn will be opposing my MC it will also be squaring my Sun. Saturn is natally in my 2nd house in Virgo and it rules my 6th house of work. My Sun is in the 12th, but it rules my Leo Asc and my 2nd house cusp (using Placidus). Mars will also be going retrograde in Virgo in January for an extended stay in my 2nd house (where it will conjunct natal Saturn a few times), so I can see issues surrounding employment, work, and money/resources will be very much in the spotlight for me over the next year. Needless to say, I'm starting to get a bit nervous. :unsure:

moonwillow

I am 29 Cancer, mine is going to hit late december, early January and lingers there till October 2012. I have started to feel the effect of this however, prepping me for whats to come. I am not familiar with charts and such to know much about the houses per se, I am still learning, but I am feeling it at work, superiors, issues with money etc.... Right now, personal relationship seems to be even keel, but you never know, you know, and I am aware of this. relationships have a way of doing a 180 on ya!

Nice thing about astrology it can help you prepare, which I am, right down to making a list and the potential repercussions and the best way to deal with it. I am preparing for the worst, must be my Capricorn moon.

I have been doing a lot of research on this, and if this transit is as notoriously bad as I have been reading, it is good to get your ducks in a row. I am.
I am also in school, whatever happens on the work front, I can still
keep my shoulders to the wheel and continue my education, unless something hinders that too, which it might. At this point, I am keeping my options open in terms if everything just goes to hell!

I think, If I can stay focused on my goals and the end result, it will help me through this transit, I hope!
I have also learnt (on line research) there are alot of us who will be going through this transit, alot of people have been putting up posts about it, all of them worried, nervous, anxious...rightfully so, I am!!

I believe this site will be most helpful, as we all go through our trials. It will be good to have those who will be sympatico as this transit hits us!

Vista

I have early Cardinal on all 4 angles and Sun at 18:48 Cap in the 10th and Moon at 16:42 Cancer in the 4th. I had T Saturn Square my natal Moon and opposing natal Sun from December to March 2010-2011 and currently finishing up with another 6 weeks of T Saturn squaring Natal Moon and then natal Sun. In addition, Transiting Uranus is hovering around my ASC, as well as Transiting Pluto hovering around my MC. I lost my job in March of 2009(T Pluto on MC) and haven't found another as of today. I went into foreclosure in June of 2010, got a notice of a sale date during the first transit of Saturn to my Moon, final transit of Saturn to natal Moon was when I did a short sale of my home and had to move in with my mother. Now Transiting Saturn will hit my N Sun exact in about a week. Living with one's mother after 30 years is not the best, but I have no other choice. She is very controlling and is around the house 24/7. My stepfather dropped dead 2 months ago and my beloved dog of 11 years now has cancer. The Sun also rules my 6th house, so I anticipate health problems(I have many) and maybe more problems with my little dog. Transiting Saturn lasts for another 3 weeks to my N Sun before moving on. I have run out of money too - life savings is gone and so is unemployment, so this is a big problem as well but to be expected. I will say that I haven't really felt depressed at least ongoing depression standpoint, here and there I will have a low period but then it will go away. Basically i have chosen not to feel depressed because I don't have the luxary right now. I have to dig myself out of this hole I am in. Problems sleeping have been a biggest issue for me so I have lowered vitality. I think if one has Saturn in aspect to Sun in their natal charts you will feel these hard transits more thoroughly. I will say that when I had T Saturn conjunct Natal Moon opposing my natal Sun, that was a break-up that left me very depressed. I also had problems at my job and ultimately lost it. Now with the T square i can't seem to get a job, even something remedial.

moonwillow

I am so sorry Vista. We need to persevere and hang in there. I know it is easier said then done. These transits are awful. I am already feeling it, especially at work, and Saturn doesn't directly hit till end of December, early January. I guess I look at it like I am getting ready for the storm when it hits.

There are alot of us out there who will be going through this.

moonwillow

Vista

I am so sorry Vista. We need to persevere and hang in there. I know it is easier said then done. These transits are awful. I am already feeling it, especially at work, and Saturn doesn't directly hit till end of December, early January. I guess I look at it like I am getting ready for the storm when it hits.

There are alot of us out there who will be going through this.

moonwillow

Thank you Moonwillow for the kinds words. I have noticed a lot of people with a combination of Cardinal angles and planets are having the worst time ever and there has been surplus of people with these placements looking for help and or advice on astrology forums. To be honest, back when I had the T square for 3 months from T Saturn to my Sun Moon opposition I was really stressed about it, however nothing that insurmountable happened but for the foreclosure sale of my home which I was expecting. Of course this was the first hit and the second or Rx is usually the hardest, but again I am somehow coping and so will you. You might find that something completely different happens than you expected to work with the energies of these challenging transits. Robert Hand has told me personally in consultations that a positive outcome with challenging transits is still buried inside there but you just have to work a little harder to make it manifest.

Munch

I'd highly suggest that everyone with cardinal emphasis check out how transiting Uranus is hitting your natal chart. It will likely compound any issues by pulling the rug out from under you repeatedly but at the same time presenting lots of opportunities that you might not recognize as within your scope of understanding or experience. I have cardinal angles and Sun/Merc/Saturn/Jupiter/Pluto/POF. Thank God my Moon/Venus is in Mutable Sagittarius and I have Uranus singleton. I adapt fairly well and quickly, but have punctuated moments of depression.

Vista

I'd highly suggest that everyone with cardinal emphasis check out how transiting Uranus is hitting your natal chart. It will likely compound any issues by pulling the rug out from under you repeatedly but at the same time presenting lots of opportunities that you might not recognize as within your scope of understanding or experience. I have cardinal angles and Sun/Merc/Saturn/Jupiter/Pluto/POF. Thank God my Moon/Venus is in Mutable Sagittarius and I have Uranus singleton. I adapt fairly well and quickly, but have punctuated moments of depression.

I have early Aries rising so T uranus is sitting right on top of my ASC. Broke a toe two weeks ago. Sudden accidents?? Thankful it wasn't worse since I don't have medical insurance!!
icon10.gif

Flapjacks

I am 29 Cancer, mine is going to hit late december, early January and lingers there till October 2012. I have started to feel the effect of this however, prepping me for whats to come. I am not familiar with charts and such to know much about the houses per se, I am still learning, but I am feeling it at work, superiors, issues with money etc.... Right now, personal relationship seems to be even keel, but you never know, you know, and I am aware of this. relationships have a way of doing a 180 on ya!
So... how are people doing with this now? Your placements sound similar to mine...

I have Sun 28 degrees Cancer and Moon 26 degrees Capricorn opposing in 3rd/9th house axis. I've been going through Saturn squaring my sun/moon for the last few months, and it was squaring Mercury for a while, too. Sun rules my 4th. Saturn has just entered my 6th house, and for some reason I am acutely feeling it now. EDIT: welp, Saturn turning retrograde on 2/7 might have something to do with it. Goes direct on 6/25.

I feel scared all the time that I am incapable of doing well in my chosen career path. I'm finishing up a science degree, and I just started working in a lab. I make mistakes and then feel guilty and wonder if I'm cut out for this. I feel on edge and like I don't belong, even though I enjoy the work. From this I realized that I wish I could do things on my own instead of working with other people; I'm afraid of them. I'm afraid of making bad decisions, and I keep spontaneously crying. I feel like I'm backed into a corner and if I fail I'm to be in debt up to my ears with no way to pay it back and no recourse.

People were mentioning Uranus transits... I have Uranus exactly sextile my AC right now(transiting 11th), and it'll be there for quite some time. Jupiter will be on my AC when I graduate. I hope that is a good sign that I will come out of this uncertainty, fear and depression.

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

I have Sun at 25 Cap, Saturn is in the retrograde process of the square now, in my 10th house. I also have progressed Moon conjunct natal Saturn, transit Chiron conjunct natal Moon, Pluto square Pluto. Don't know which one of those it is, but I am feeling the weight of it. I am usually quite creative, but it's hard to get energy up to do anything but work these days. This I feel is a way of helping me focus on what really matters to get things structured in my life, especially in my work goals. Another thing that has happened is I've been undergoing physiotherapy for the last 3 months for a long standing structural issue that couldn't go unresolved any longer. Its been really tough, but I can at last feel and say I am healing. Sun natal is in my 2nd house (the body) and Saturn rules my 2nd house. My body is finally healing, I am re-building a more solid structure in my own body, and I am using this new found knowledge in my career, yoga teaching (10th house Saturn transit).

I'm looking forward to when the sun comes out again, though :D

Oceanis

Thanks for the Saturn wisdom through your experiences. Uranus is transiting my 7th house as Saturn squares my sun , mercury and Uranus. And the experience is one of INJUSTICE and not an issue of having to work hard. Colleagues taking credit for my work, and being deprived of salaries due. So is this due to Saturn, or Uranus? Thanks.