A quick question...

Hello, I'm new here and would like to ask a question about interpreting Natal charts.

In a man's chart I know the moon and Venus are very important. But I also know the descendant is important in partnerships as well.
My question is.... Which outweighs which?
Example, I match his moon and Venus strongly but don't match the descendant. Is he attracted more so to the 7th house type or moon/Venus type?

Thank you, and I apologize if this is a rookie inquiry. I couldn't find much on Google.

booboo

I doubt it matters really. If you have strong venus, moon aspects you can hit it off even without the descendant/ascendant axis. I've heard about the dc that it shows the partner you end up with, but that partner doesn't have to have his sun/moon etc in the sign, he could just bring the energy somehow in the relationship. For instance if your guy's dc is in pisces, and you don't have any pisces, it could still be that in the relationship you play the more dreamy, spaced-out piscesy role. Hope it helps :smile:

haidee

Isn't the Sun more important than the Moon when interpreting a man's chart?

The Venus is what you think you want in an intimate relationship, and aesthetically what you find attractive.
Venus is also the peaceful planet, so in any harmonious aspect to this planet is good. If Venus is badly aspected there can be conflicts in the relationship.

Apparently, many find patterns in their relationships that their partner's Moon often is the same sign as your Descendant sign.

The Moon is not visible to strangers, therefore he can not instinctively be attracted to someone just because their Moon is compatible, but he can however be attracted to the Moon person once he gets to know the person emotionally.

You can turn this question as to your own perspective. Do you find the traits of your Descendant sign or the sign of your Venus more attractive? But in the end it's better to look at natal charts and synastries as a whole. :sideways:

booboo

Well I guess yeah :happy: You can look at astrology to determine physical attraction the same way as attraction on the soul level, but again nothing can be guaranteed, IMO. So yes, if you have such a sign great, if you have two or three... even better, but even if something's missing it doesn't mean it wont work out physically. :smile:

Okay, that all makes sense. You see, I always struggled because he has Venus/moon in Scorpio but descendant in cancer. Cancer ladies look and act a bit differently than us Scorpio women.

ElenaJ

He has venus/moon in scorpio and you are a scorpio woman? That's the link right there!
His "type of female" is represented by the moon, which means he seeks a woman that will be or have the attributes of a scorpio… could be several planets or an ascendent rather than the sun. But you have to look at the rest of the picture, what Haidee says is true, you have to check out the whole synastry.

Horus

By classical indicators, a man is looking for the traits of his Moon sign, Venus sign, DSC sign, and the sign of the ruler of the DSC.

A woman is looking for her Sun, Mars, DSC, and DSC ruler sign traits. Keyword is traits, as some signs share those in common. Aries and Scorpio are both passionate and sexual for example.

It might be a good idea to ask him what he's looking for in partner and in a relationship. That will give a clue as to which sign attributes he values most.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

But be careful, sometimes we don't consciously know what we are looking for. When I first met my husband, who I now recognize is the perfect match for me, I thought he wasn't my type!