Pluto in the third house

or1000

Sure enough, you have highly relevant Pluto aspects. Pluto conjunct Juno, the partnership asteroid--that's rather similar to Pluto conjunct Venus. And trine Jupiter, your DC ruler, while Pluto itself is in your seventh house whole sign (though sixth Placidus). And trine your sun, too.

If you've experienced partner abuse, that says something about your relationship to Pluto - power. Chances are you draw people into your life who reflect your shadow side. Relationships are shadow work for you. If you're not conscious about it, that's a set up for being in an abusive relationship.

And maybe there's an extra strong emotional attachment to your partner(s), or even just to the idea of being in a relationship, with your moon on the DC. If that's the case, you might be inclined to rush into a relationship and/or hold onto it at all costs, so as not to have to be single. If the relationship is with someone who's abusive, that would result in you ignoring the red flags at the early stage and then not wanting to leave after the abuse surfaces.
You know what, I’ve been really curious about this. Sorry if it looks like a thread highjack. You mean to say from your point of view that Pluto 3rd would be verbally ABUSED? I read somewhere that wherever Pluto is you need to control yourself or ‘you will be controlled’.

PurpleReign

You know what, I’ve been really curious about this. Sorry if it looks like a thread highjack. You mean to say from your point of view that Pluto 3rd would be verbally ABUSED? I read somewhere that wherever Pluto is you need to control yourself or ‘you will be controlled’.

Pluto in the third might just make a person keen on learning about 8th house matters or they think a lot about 8th house things (or perhaps look at things in life through the lenses of the 8th house). It might make them have an obsessive or penetrating mind. Maybe they’re good or naturals at getting into the psychological aspect of things. They may like to read or write about 8th house matters or they may have a controversial way of speaking to others or are particularly gifted at verbal spats (I mean in the way Eminem was in his earlier career). I don’t see why it would have much to do with relationships since neither Pluto nor the third house are representative of relationships in and of themselves. Maybe if Pluto in the third was conjunct or in harsh aspect with Venus or ruler of the 7th (or maybe even a planet in the 7th house).

or1000

Pluto in the third might just make a person keen on learning about 8th house matters or they think a lot about 8th house things (or perhaps look at things in life through the lenses of the 8th house). It might make them have an obsessive or penetrating mind. Maybe they’re good or naturals at getting into the psychological aspect of things. They may like to read or write about 8th house matters or they may have a controversial way of speaking to others or are particularly gifted at verbal spats (I mean in the way Eminem was in his earlier career). I don’t see why it would have much to do with relationships since neither Pluto nor the third house are representative of relationships in and of themselves. Maybe if Pluto in the third was conjunct or in harsh aspect with Venus or ruler of the 7th (or maybe even a planet in the 7th house).

Thanks love. I appreciate the description. Getting into psychological material which you mentioned is accurate. Funny you mention Em, he’s an icon of mine. Yes I do happen to have Venus (9th) opposite Pluto (3rd). Pluto trine Jupiter on the descendant. My issue is that I can be TOO verbal in my Venus-Pluto and it can be very difficult to hold my tongue when I’m perceiving being wronged in a close relationship (very untrusting). But then I can switch back to being directly and verbally forgiving because I’m my heart I’d rather have no beef..... but to the opp party I look like I’m pulling pushing/manipulating and abusing them myself.

Last edited:

PurpleReign

Thanks love. I appreciate the description. Getting into psychological material which you mentioned is accurate. Funny you mention Em, he’s an icon of mine. Yes I do happen to have Venus (9th) opposite Pluto (3rd). Pluto trine Jupiter on the descendant. My issue is that I can be TOO verbal in my Venus-Pluto and it can be very difficult to hold my tongue when I’m perceiving being wronged in a close relationship (very untrusting). But then I can switch back to being directly and verbally forgiving because I’m my heart I’d rather have no beef..... but to the opp party I look like I’m pulling pushing/manipulating and abusing them myself.

I actually looked up his chart just now. His time of birth is unknown, but his Mercury (planet governing the third house) is, in fact, in Scorpio (ruled by Pluto). No wonder he has such a sharp tongue and knack for winning verbal arguments (and perhaps being creative with his harsh insults). Try not to be too domineering for your own good. Find a way to make that aspect work in your favor rather than letting it get the best of you, because that’ll only create unwanted drama for you and those around you. Maybe since you have Pluto in the third you can use it creatively? Start writing or painting when you feel like you’re getting too steamed? It’s all about channeling that energy into something more positive!

or1000

I actually looked up his chart just now. His time of birth is unknown, but his Mercury (planet governing the third house) is, in fact, in Scorpio (ruled by Pluto). No wonder he has such a sharp tongue and knack for winning verbal arguments (and perhaps being creative with his harsh insults). Try not to be too domineering for your own good. Find a way to make that aspect work in your favor rather than letting it get the best of you, because that’ll only create unwanted drama for you and those around you. Maybe since you have Pluto in the third you can use it creatively? Start writing or painting when you feel like you’re getting too steamed? It’s all about channeling that energy into something more positive!
100% agree. I was just thinking that. Turning what could be a negative into a positive through self expression in art and music. Generally I’m very creative but this Pluto energy has been hard to decipher and put into something materially. I think because I feel very guilty. Neptune and Pluto are such opposing planets but both quite prominent in my chart. So I can be Plutonian but feel extremely guilty. I’m also very spiritual so that’s another conflict with the taboos of Pluto that exist in my head. It’s not easy to handle.

PurpleReign

Re: Does Neptune be in the 8th house to show that the partner will easily abuse them?

I’m not exactly sure if I understand what specifically you feel guilty about. Your spiritual beliefs? Even if they’re eccentric, there’s nothing to feel guilty about. As long as you aren’t hurting anyone (physically or financially/any way that can affect their life or livelihood), there’s no reason to feel guilty. Besides, if anything, Neptune is great for expressing yourself through art and music. Neptune and Pisces represent, among other things, artistic talents and creativity. With Pluto in the third, you can channel those Neptunian gifts into something great, I’m sure. I’m not promising you’ll have fame and fortune (no idea, you’d have to look at the chart for those kind of prospects), but I don’t see why Neptune couldn’t help you turn that Pluto in the third into an artistic talent or hobby.

In fact, I just took a look at Eminem’s chart again and he has Neptune sextile Pluto. You may or may not achieve the fame, but I’d be willing to bet you’d at the very least be equally fulfilled by focusing your Pluto in the third energy into artistic/Neptunian endeavors. And maybe even finding spiritual comfort in 8th house matters. Give it a go. No need to feel guilty about anything if you aren’t doing anything legally, morally, or ethically wrong.

Osamenor

Staff member
You know what, I’ve been really curious about this. Sorry if it looks like a thread highjack.
I moved these posts because it is indeed a thread hijack. In the original thread, no one said anything about Pluto in the third house. Not only that, it was someone else's Read My Chart thread. If what you have to say isn't about the OP's chart and/or their question, it doesn't belong in a Read My Chart thread.

You mean to say from your point of view that Pluto 3rd would be verbally ABUSED? I read somewhere that wherever Pluto is you need to control yourself or ‘you will be controlled’.

I don't think it's that simple. Pluto in an angular house would speak to strong power issues because angular is such a strong placement. The third house being a cadent house, Pluto wouldn't be that strong if placed there--unless it makes strong aspects to the sun, moon, personal planets, and/or many planets in the chart.

The angular houses would give some picture of where in the native's life power issues are likely to arise. Seventh house/DC is, in a general sense, others, and in a more specific sense, marriage or partner relationships. It stands to reason that if Pluto is there, the Pluto issues will show up in relationships to others, most likely couple relationships. If Pluto were at the IC, the power plays would more likely turn up in the family; at the MC, in the career and public reputation arena; at the AC, it would be about self and power.

I've seen a case--in this forum, in fact--where someone with a third house Pluto was highly obsessed with power, and had a strong tendency to perceive others as out to get them. Third house is perception, and their perception of things was highly Plutonian. But what really skewed it was that their Pluto aspected almost everything in their chart. It was also the focal planet of a t-square that included their sun. If this had been a third house Pluto without so many aspects, it probably wouldn't have been such a focal planet for the native.

The more strengthening factors Pluto has, the more issues around the native's relationship to power are likely to be up. Strengthening factors include being angular, aspecting the sun and/or moon, aspecting many of the chart's planets, being a singleton.... A third house Pluto doesn't have the angular factor (unless it's very close to the IC, at which point it's more fourth house), but it could have any of the other strengthening factors, and the more of them it has, the more it shows up.

saracarab80

Eminem has Pluto in 10th (Sag AS), the birth time posted in Astro is correct.
I've made a deep study of his house placements and rulers in L-G forum and it's accurate.
I don't know if I can put link here or if I must copy-paste what I've written about his chart.
He has Chiron in Aries in 4th opp Mars in 10th. Mars has a wide conj. with Pluto. His ruler of 10th and also the natural ruler of 3rd house, Mercury, in his 11th house (groups, masses). His ruler of 3rd (aquarius-uranus) in 10th.
He needed to discharge his anger and sadness (chiron opp mars) publicly (10th) to masses (11th) through harsh writting (Mercury in Scorpio, quincunx Chiron. Venus quincunx Chiron, too). Writings he had the need to make public due to his 3rd ruler in 10th.
His Sag AS and its classical darts (I live with someone who has Sag AS as well and I know how is it) + Scorpio wrath did the rest.

Here is a small fragment of what I wrote about this placement:

"In addition, Chiron is opposite to his natal Mars in 10th, which implies that all those problems have been made public (songs attacking his ex-wife and mother, for example, or the legal issues that happened later, if even the guy who left him in a coma when he was a child sued him, and that came out in all the media). It could also reflect the bullying received, the verbal violence from his mother, the vindictive aggressiveness he showed towards his ex-wife through his songs (regent of house 3 [Aquarius-Uranus] in 10. Could it be related that he has the natural ruler of 3rd house, Mercury, in Scorpio? That would explain, also, the diss he has done to other people throughout his career, almost always responding to attacks that people made to him. All we know that revenges of Scorpio are relentless... Well, for something some people classify him as a "career destroyer". If we add to that the verbal darts of a Sagittarius AS...)".

And a fragment of what I've found in campus-astrología:

"- 3rd in 10th: "As usually happens with those who have the ruler of the third in the first, here there's a clear need for everyone to listen to their personal ideas and thoughts. But in this case it's possible that the person feels more comfortable becoming hearing from the stage. This need to express oneself becomes a projection of the ego and usually ends up projecting the person in some way by the light of the footlights. The attention of the public is usually attracted through what is written or said, rather than by the acts that are carried out.
If the ruling planet has aspects of tension, they're looking for notoriety or they can have a lot to say, but it freezes when they have to say it in public (note: Uranus has a good relationship to his personal and transpersonal planets, but who knows if a heavy transit could trigger this)."