What Career to Pursue at 52?

SBull

Seems I have to start a new life. Lost my whole life (Job, marriage, kids, money) after a chain of events that started with a small accident and a relatively simple injury like a leg fracture on the morning of March 29, 2008. Currently surviving on a sibling helping me out, but I have to start earning. Not exactly sure what I should be pursuing, and do not have the money to get help from a professional astrologer. Any help on my question here would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_sbull_he.1750.11822.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_sbull_he.1750.11822.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 46

Osamenor

Staff member
What did you do previously? What kind of education and training do you have? Did your accident affect your ability to work, or was it just temporary injury? Is there work you've done before but are now physically unable to do, or when you say you have to start over, is it for other reasons? What ideas do you have for a new career?

That information is vital to a career reading. Birth charts show such a wide range of possibilities that there's no way anyone could give you career advice with just the chart and no life story details.

SBull

What did you do previously? What kind of education and training do you have? Did your accident affect your ability to work, or was it just temporary injury? Is there work you've done before but are now physically unable to do, or when you say you have to start over, is it for other reasons? What ideas do you have for a new career?

That information is vital to a career reading. Birth charts show such a wide range of possibilities that there's no way anyone could give you career advice with just the chart and no life story details.

Thank you for asking. The injury was temporary and I was able to walk without crutches within 7-8 months. It did not affect my job directly. It led to bringing a certain deceptive person into my life that led to a lot of heartbreak (for many,) and a complete transformation of my life.

I never had a set career prior to this job. I was working as a sales coordinator (out of necessity, not out of choice,) in a leading company abroad. After coming back, I was unable to find a job in the industry I had been working in. I went into depression....

The reason I asked the career question is because my life never really took off. I never was able to live up to my potential. Certainly there must be at least one career path wherein I could shine. I tried teaching, and although I was a good teacher, I could never succeed because I could not maintain classroom discipline; I tried speculating in stocks but only lost money. I am a passionate and very able fisherman, well known in my community. I tried to make a career in fishing but luck favors me only occasionally.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Your experience sounds like the life of someone with Uranus at the midheaven: multiple jobs/careers instead of just one, unusual ways of working, but it doesn't feel like you've had any career. (Having Uranus at the MC myself, I know that one firsthand!) You don't have Uranus at the midheaven, but you do have it conjunct your midheaven ruler. Since there are no planets in your tenth house, Mars, its ruler, has the most say... so it's like having Uranus in the tenth.

Interesting that you've made your reputation as a fisherman. Tenth house is, above all, about your public reputation. Career gets put there because for many people, public reputation includes your career... you're the teacher, or the accountant, or the doctor, or the fisherman. But the tenth house is much bigger than career, and not everyone makes their reputation the same way that they make their living.

Looking at your chart, it seems plain to me that you need work in which you're doing something, not just sedentary. Maybe you need to be very hands on and explore. I imagine that, when you were a teacher, your students found you lots of fun, you came up with unique ways to engage them, even if it resulted in a lack of classroom discipline.

I'm not sure how fisherman would fit with your tenth house picture... not what I think of when I think of Aries or Mars or Virgo... but fishing is very active and hands on, so maybe that's it? Neptune and Pisces are what I would associate with fishing... I notice that you have a trine from Neptune to Saturn in Pisces. If I'm not mistaken, your Part of Fortune is in Pisces, too.

Is recreational fishing a thing where you live? Could you perhaps be a fishing guide? If people would pay you to take them fishing, then you'd be making money even if you don't catch anything.

Is there a way you could turn fishing into an educational thing? Do schools in your area do field trips? If so, could you perhaps offer a field trip where you take students out on your fishing boat (sounds like you have one)? It could be a way to teach science, how tides work, what kinds of fish are around and how they live, that kind of thing. And bring the teacher along and let him/her handle the discipline.

HoldOrFold

Seems I have to start a new life. Lost my whole life (Job, marriage, kids, money) after a chain of events that started with a small accident and a relatively simple injury like a leg fracture on the morning of March 29, 2008. Currently surviving on a sibling helping me out, but I have to start earning. Not exactly sure what I should be pursuing, and do not have the money to get help from a professional astrologer. Any help on my question here would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

With the ruler of your 10th in the 3rd and conjunct Uranus, ruler of the 3rd in the 10th and the ruler of your 2nd in the 11th... I'd say ultimately you could be successful with technology, particularly communications technology. How that could manifest is worth brainstorming, perhaps buying and selling technology like cheap mobile phones, learning core technological skills and hosting your own classes or something like that. But perhaps that's something to aim for in the future after you find your feet or maybe something you could do on the side while you work another job for awhile.

brightceci

Just Fyi, I am by no means a professional. I am going by the standard Placidus placements. Assuming you are still living in the same country or at least close to your birth place.

1. Your natal Moon in 6th opps your asc in Cancer with Venus transiting right now. Whatever your wish to have a family and peace is affecting you emotionally. Forgive that part of the pass and move on with the future. Venus will shift sign on the 26th to your 1st house in Leo. This should give you some focus and ease your past emotional trauma.

2. Your natal Mercury 10th in Taurus has a somewhat strong trans to Uranus 2nd Virgo. Both are earth signs. I somehow think/feel fishing with worms and resources from mother earth as an earth sign energy. But, I just don't feel that it is going to be a 'career' for you. I might be way off here... have you consider anything that is in the communication or intellectual (you mention about teaching) in areas of health or technology? Freelance tech consulting, etc? With your Mars conj Uranus, you will find the drives and energy to execute something like this and earn money from it.

3. This kind of link to number 2. This solar eclipse is transiting your 2nd house Mercury 10th house sector. Not going into the day to day details, the effect of #2 will be magnified for the next 6 months or so.

4. There will be transit stellium happening in your 6th house natal moon in Cap, strong traning your Mercury in Taurus 10th and Uranus in 2nd your money house, in Mid Jan 2018. So whatever you choose to pursue now, it will come to ahead at that time.

5. Your north node in Gemini 11th stellium with Jupiter/Venus maybe the Sun as well, strong hard aspect with Uranus Mars and Pluto in Virgo. This is your soul purpose. Staying with one career and 'doing one job' and provide stability is just not what you meant to be. Although your Sun is in Taurus. Your Sun in Taurus is at the last degree, you are not meant to be 'secure and stable' to be honest. This is not what you need to learn in this life time. Letting go of it IS. And I think you have done a lot of the hard lessons already throughout the first half of your life.

6. There is a somewhat strong (not exact) tran in your natal with Neptune in Scorpio and Chrion in Pisces in your 9th, both in water sign. Is fishing or anything out in nature is where you find comfort and your dreams and aspiration occurs? There is a hard aspect of Saturn and Mars with this placement. Maybe I am wrong. In my humble opinion, you may find luck with this type of career but the hard aspect is strong enough to prevent you from finding happiness and money if you are making it your career.

I am sorry I cannot pinpoint which career path exactly is suitable. Nonetheless I hope this help.

best wishes and good luck :)

SBull

I am grateful to everybody who took out time to look at my chart. A feature of my life since childhood has been, I am very good at doing things that I am in control of. Since childhood, I was technically inclined. I used to make things, do chemistry experiments... and loved making electronic circuits such as radio transmitters and receivers, and amplifiers. I loved flying and wanted to be a pilot but it turned out I was shortsighted at a young age. Accepting the fact that neither my eyesight nor my resources would let me be a pilot I wanted to be an aeronautical engineer - I ended up being nothing close. Even now, as a sport fisherman, I love servicing fishing reels. I have been a fishing guide but opportunities in this field are not numerous down here.

HoldOrFold

I am grateful to everybody who took out time to look at my chart. A feature of my life since childhood has been, I am very good at doing things that I am in control of. Since childhood, I was technically inclined. I used to make things, do chemistry experiments... and loved making electronic circuits such as radio transmitters and receivers, and amplifiers. I loved flying and wanted to be a pilot but it turned out I was shortsighted at a young age. Accepting the fact that neither my eyesight nor my resources would let me be a pilot I wanted to be an aeronautical engineer - I ended up being nothing close. Even now, as a sport fisherman, I love servicing fishing reels. I have been a fishing guide but opportunities in this field are not numerous down here.

That makes sense, your technical ability is strongly indicated in your chart.

However, if you have relocated from your place of birth, the opportunities in that field may not be as strong as in your current location. Your new location may provide different opportunities and stimulate other interests. Are you still in Pakistan?

fifteen

Even now, as a sport fisherman, I love servicing fishing reels. I have been a fishing guide but opportunities in this field are not numerous down here.

When looking over your chart, this seems to be a good direction. Your charts also indicates that any physical activity can be detrimental. You have be cautious with working too hard, or exercising too hard.

Helping others is good path for you. Being a fishing guide seems excellent. Guiding others, helping others to be their best. You have the knowledge to support others. Which is great thing, because it can create much joy. Also Saturn indicates a long career if you follow this path. But you must stay on it, trust in it, with Saturn, nothing comes quick. You probably already found out by speculating... Saturn restricts that flow in your chart. But it does support long term plans in regards to helping others, especially in your field.

SBull

That makes sense, your technical ability is strongly indicated in your chart.

However, if you have relocated from your place of birth, the opportunities in that field may not be as strong as in your current location. Your new location may provide different opportunities and stimulate other interests. Are you still in Pakistan?

I am in Pakistan, but I was born in Rawalpindi, now living in Karachi - That is 900+ miles away (by road). For some reason, I have always had a financially stressful life in Karachi, where I have spent, altogether, 30 years of my life in two spans. I do not move back to Rawalpindi, as I will be deprived of the sea there. The stablest part of my life was while I was working and living in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.