Which house to look at in a weather horary?

aniani

I am organising for a group of 15 to go to an outdoor cinema next month and have already gotten the tickets just in time before they got sold out. My only concern is that it will rain. So my question was, "What will the weather be like?"

I have never had any experience with weather horary before so I don't know which house to use? 1st, 3rd or 5th?

1st and 3rd house rulers are in the sign of Capricorn with little-no dignity. Capricorn is cold and dry. So I am guessing it will be chilly but no rain?

However, if it is the 5th house ruler I should be looking for then it is bad news for me as Venus is exalted in Pisces, which is cold and wet and a water element so possibly will rain heavily :(

Attachments

• astro_2gw_71_what_will_the_weather_be_like_hr.76362.64358.jpg
    astro_2gw_71_what_will_the_weather_be_like_hr.76362.64358.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 41

tsmall

Premium Member
I'd look at the 5th, and Libra. The 5th ruler is exalted and angular, but the weather will be related to the sign on the cusp of the
5th. Libra, and Jupiter within it.

waybread

This isn't horary astrology but farmers' almanacs, available at garden stores and on-line, give long-range weather forecasts based on astrology (transits.)

tikana

I am organising for a group of 15 to go to an outdoor cinema next month and have already gotten the tickets just in time before they got sold out. My only concern is that it will rain. So my question was, "What will the weather be like?"

I have never had any experience with weather horary before so I don't know which house to use? 1st, 3rd or 5th?

1st and 3rd house rulers are in the sign of Capricorn with little-no dignity. Capricorn is cold and dry. So I am guessing it will be chilly but no rain?

However, if it is the 5th house ruler I should be looking for then it is bad news for me as Venus is exalted in Pisces, which is cold and wet and a water element so possibly will rain heavily :(

CA vol 2 has whole thing on weather it is in 9th house issues. it deals with the winds and ships

Sunrise

dear if I understood your question I think the fourth is the house that should look. My thoughts for this is because there it is not a long trip, or about vacation but it is an activity within the Area-town that you live -home-country. The 4th will show how will become the weather.
Hope the best and enjoy (5th) your out door cinema....

Last edited:

rafaella

You use the house for the specific event, in this case 5th as its entertainment event. 5th is ruled by Venus (Libra). Venus is in piscess, cold and moist sign, so it might be rainy as well as cold. You got Jupiter in 5th as well with mutual reception with Venus, Jup can add to the rain. However it is in Libra, which is a hot and moist sign, so we can adjust the coldness and say perhaps it will be less cold as predicted but still wet.

Then you look at aspect to Venus, there is one from Saturn, in hot and dry sign...interesting! And Mercury, which can be wind. Plus Moon and Sun trine in earth signs, which are cold and dry... however these aspects are less important, may add to the interpretation a bit.

All in all I'd say with Venus in pisces angular ruling the event, it might be quite rainy, with some coldness however not too bad. There might be some sunny periods (Moon/Sun trine but it won't add to the warmth (Earth signs). I wonder if Saturn is thunderstorms ( Saturn is square with Venus in hot and dry sign).

Lets see what happens! Please update, I haven't done many weather interpretations lately so I'm a bit rusty. :)

edit: Oh just saw you are from Melbourne! No wonder sunny and rainy as I seen in the chart, its the city with 4 seasons in one day....no need for the chart really! I'm from there myself, but currently up here in Europe :) cheers!

Last edited:

aniani

Thank you very much everyone! It was very helpful, though there seemed to be different methods of determining the weather, I have looked at all possibilites. Unfortunately nearly all points to there being a chance of either moist or wet conditions, so looks like there will be rain after all! :(

aniani

You use the house for the specific event, in this case 5th as its entertainment event. 5th is ruled by Venus (Libra). Venus is in piscess, cold and moist sign, so it might be rainy as well as cold. You got Jupiter in 5th as well with mutual reception with Venus, Jup can add to the rain. However it is in Libra, which is a hot and moist sign, so we can adjust the coldness and say perhaps it will be less cold as predicted but still wet.

Then you look at aspect to Venus, there is one from Saturn, in hot and dry sign...interesting! And Mercury, which can be wind. Plus Moon and Sun trine in earth signs, which are cold and dry... however these aspects are less important, may add to the interpretation a bit.

All in all I'd say with Venus in pisces angular ruling the event, it might be quite rainy, with some coldness however not too bad. There might be some sunny periods (Moon/Sun trine but it won't add to the warmth (Earth signs). I wonder if Saturn is thunderstorms ( Saturn is square with Venus in hot and dry sign).

Lets see what happens! Please update, I haven't done many weather interpretations lately so I'm a bit rusty. :)

edit: Oh just saw you are from Melbourne! No wonder sunny and rainy as I seen in the chart, its the city with 4 seasons in one day....no need for the chart really! I'm from there myself, but currently up here in Europe :) cheers!

Thank you for your analysis Rafella! I will definitely update. I am curious too as this is my first weather horary chart so it will be really helpful to study this chart and learn from it too! Yes you would know how unpredictable the weather in Melbourne is and hence my concern! I was hoping that Jupiter would add to the warmth and not to the rain! Oh well, let's see how it goes. But overall looks like rain is making an appearance :(

aniani

Just an update, the event is meant to take place tomorrow. I am no longer organising it as an large group event but still planning to go with a couple of friends but we have decided to be flexible based on the weather. So I am not too stressed about the weather anymore (but still hope it will be nice!) :biggrin:

The weather forecast for tomorrow is as follow:

Weather will possibly be 24 degrees at the start of the event and is expected to fall to 17 degrees by the end of the movie. Possible chance of showers expected.

I will provide a final update this weekend on what the weather turned out to be.

obsidianmineral

CA vol 2 has whole thing on weather it is in 9th house issues. it deals with the winds and ships

And here I thought the 10th house ruled the weather as it is the highest point in the sky, therefore descriptive of our perception of where weather apparently comes from (especially when it comes down to rain, since it's related to clouds)

aniani

Update: Very interestingly, it did not rain(neither during my event nor during the day). The weather was mildly chilly. Jupiter in the 5th house was very telling at 22degrees as that was probably the temperature of the weather most of the night/event.