Weight Gain

AstroAries

I read that Jupiter transiting your natal 12th house is when you gain weight and that couldn't be more correct. I have always had a fast metabolism and been rather skinny at 5'6" 130lbs and I still am except for this past year I have gained weight around my stomach area and a little in my face and whereas it used to be easy to keep off, it has proven rather difficult. I also remember 12 years ago when Jupiter was in the same position I gained weight in the same area though not as much then as this time around. It's hard too cause I have a sweet tooth and I love to eat. I used to be able to eat whole packages of cookies or whole pies or boxes of donuts in a single day and not gain a pound but this year it's making me gain weight lol.

Last edited:

Frisiangal

I read that Jupiter transiting your natal 12th house is when you gain weight and that couldn't be more correct. I have always had a fast metabolism and been rather skinny at 5'6" 130lbs and I still am except for this past year I have gained weight around my stomach area and a little in my face and whereas it used to be easy to keep off, it has proven rather difficult. I also remember 12 years ago when Jupiter was in the same position I gained weight in the same area though not as much then as this time around. It's hard too cause I have a sweet tooth and I love to eat. I used to be able to eat whole packages of cookies or whole pies or boxes of donuts in a single day and not gain a pound but this year it's making me gain weight lol.

Hi,
You ARE the lucky one to have been able to eat so much sweet stuff yet burn calories at the same time. No overactive becoming underactive thyroid problems now showing themselves? A fixed sign association?

I have a slow metabolism and only have to look at a doughnut to put on a lb.! My sweet tooth screams at being ignored so much:smile:. I spent 2 hours every day last week taking advantage of transit Mars in Aries by digging over 50 sq, mtrs of allotment. I haven't lost an ounce in weight but have good muscle tone.:biggrin:

I'm thinking it's all due to Jupiter's return transiting my 12th house, that has been retrograde for ever.....well, at least since last December, party season, ... and has been hitting my fixed planets. I was doing so well with constantly reduced insulin for senior diabetes in the 2½rs since its diagnosis, and that has stopped too. (Jupiter has strong associations with the pancreatic area that produces insulin). Hopefully, when Jupiter turns direct again in April, there will be some genuine development of improvement!

I've come to the conclusion that something going amiss with one's Jupiter beliefs and ideals can play a role when physical issues become apparent.

I'm still attempting to find something other than astrology to believe wholeheartedly in.:wink:

AstroAries

Well I have studied a few techniques to lose fat. You could dry eating more meals in smaller portions, like eat 9 meals a day but very small ones. Cardio in the morning after you wake up might help because you have no blood sugar after you have been sleeping so your body immediately has to use fat for energy. One thing that has really worked for me in the past is dry fasting, but if you do that, trust me, it is probably the most challenging thing you have ever attempted, but it does reduce weight fast.

Abby83

Astro Aries, I think you're realising that with age, you cant keep using the same ways to stay slim and eat whatever you want. Eventually you need to look at diet to focus as the main way to keep weight down. How old are u? When we stop growing our metabolism starts to slow down. And as I have learnt, u wont be able to rely on exercise forever. So getting into the habit of eating well now will prepare u for the times ahead. Esp with the selection of food choices available these days and in the future.
As for 12th house. I didn't experience this with Jupiter, but I did experience it with Saturn!! Being opposite 6th house... makes sense.

Last edited: