If a sign was a stage of life

Zarathu

Account Closed
Isn't it? I mean the sign that your progressed Sun is in is aa stage in life. I'm now entering the Leo Stage. I find an uncomfortable desire to Roar engulfing me all the time.

I expect that hair will be growing down my back soon, and I've noticed that my toe tails are growing faster.

retinoid

Isn't it? I mean the sign that your progressed Sun is in is aa stage in life. I'm now entering the Leo Stage. I find an uncomfortable desire to Roar engulfing me all the time.

I expect that hair will be growing down my back soon, and I've noticed that my toe tails are growing faster.
Okay I may not have been clear enough. A stage of life meaning-toddler, mid life crisis, baby, teenager, college student, etc.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Okay I may not have been clear enough. A stage of life meaning-toddler, mid life crisis, baby, teenager, college student, etc.

In Nancy Hasting's book, Secondary Progressions: A Time To Remember, she clearly shows how the secondary progressed Moon carries one through all those stages as she progresses around the chart through the years. Major stages take place at sextiles, squares, oppositions, etc. In synchronicity with that but at a much slower cycle, the secondary progressed Sun does exactly the same.

But what makes you think that a sign is not a stage of life? In a wider sense, many reincarnationist astrologers believe that from an esoteric astrology(see Esoteric Astrology by Alice A Bailey) point of view, each life starts in a different sign as a stage.

Perhaps... you are joking... and I am failing to see the punchline. If so, I am afraid there is no hope for me:sad::crying:

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

There's recent discussion on the idea of a sign = a 'stage' at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=438651#post438651
SYNTHESIS

Going with
the idea of a 'performance' or 'play' then there are 12 basic 'backdrops' to the theater or movie of the natal chart these are of coures: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces

THEN Each of those 12 'backdrops' can occur as an individual 'background or cusp' to each one the 12 basic 'scenes' aka 'houses' - that is dependent on the time of birth

1. Birth/Self/Appearance/Vitality/Strength

2. Resources, material comforts, earnings and all issues concerning wealth or of a financial nature including the manner of attaining wealth, personal goods and belongings, assets, income, gain, money lent to others, profit (or loss when afflicted), support and assistance from others.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h2.html

3 Brothers and sisters, cousins or general members of the family (not parents, they belong to the 4th scene aka house). Neighbors and local neighborhood. The environment in which we live and work. Short journeys or those made on a regular basis. Letters, rumors, reports, messages and messengers. Communications generally. Newspapers, magazines, telephones, postal service. Written deeds and contracts. Speeches and debates. Our ability to express ourselves and communicate to others. Languages, mobility skills and self-expression
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h3.html

....and so on, each 'scene' features one of the 12 'houses'... those are the basics, one may formulate an analysis as complex or as basic as one chooses... The planets are the 'actors' performing before the 'backdrop' of the 12 'signs' while within any one of the 12 basic 'scenes' or 'houses'.
Scenes may 'merge' according to planetary aspect and taking into account that planets in each others houses affect the 'script'

Experiment :smile:

NancyS

Here's an experiment: take each house theme and assign 9 years to it. So each year represents 3 degrees 20 minutes (a "pada" in Jyotish astrology). 108 years completes the circle of 12 signs.

Start with Aries (the "Me-me-me!" years) for ages 0-9, and progress along. The cusp of Cancer (home, family) starts at 27 years. Midlife crisis (Leo) comes in from 36-45. Libra (communication) gets going around age 54: a good age for politicians and newscasters. Most of us have passed on by the cusp of Capricorn/Winter Solstice (81 years).

I see nothing about this in anything I've read; it's just a subtle pattern I see...

millyxox

I would say Scorpio would be the 'teen angst' years. I know some adults will disagree, but for me, the teenage phase can be difficult at times.

chei star

i think the order of the tropical zodiac pretty much sums this one up...

Aries being the youngest, eternally youthful, the start of spring..

Scorpio marks the first frost of winter so would definitely be later on in life...

Pisces being the final stage.. the sign stuck between the earthly and spiritual realm

JUPITERASC

Scorpio marks the first frost of winter so would definitely be later on in life...

Pisces being the final stage.. the sign stuck between the earthly and spiritual realm
'First frost of winter' sounds OLD before we have even considered Sagittarius :smile:

retinoid

That's not what I said or meant. This thread is on the 'humor' board afterall, didn't think I was being too serious.

Yes you are right this thread has nothing to do with progressions or separating degrees or whatever. It just has to do with what you think and why which you did nothing serious about it.

NancyS

I think Libra/Scorpio -I put that phase in one's 50's and 60's - can be a beautiful time...

In nature the leaves start turning colors; and people start becoming more unique in their own way because they stop caring about what others think.

(...lol :cool:)